Paul pierce is dumb

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Re: Paul pierce is dumb 

Post#21 » by SD2042 » Fri May 22, 2020 11:08 pm

Froob wrote:I wish all of our guys didn’t get into the hot take business lol. Rather see Pierce show respect for a guy that fought him hard. But, what can you do?

Pierce shows that old school rivalry will exist off the floor. Ask M.J. and Isiah. Showing bias to even your best rival is like bowing down to them for someone like Pierce when it comes down to LBJ. He went to war against this guy for most of his career. That's never going to be something Pierce will ever allow himself to do.

I will admit his analyst skills do need some work. Maybe some ppl tend to adapt to certain situations faster than others. Sometimes it works out for the better. Sometimes, not so much.
DaPessimist
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,500

Post#22 » by DaPessimist » Sat May 23, 2020 12:03 am

He's pretty much paid to say stupid **** (hot takes). Skip Bayless made a career out of it, it's just harder to accept from a former player.
thebigbird
Head Coach
And1: 19,948

Post#23 » by thebigbird » Sat May 23, 2020 12:07 am

I've never heard Pierce say anything insightful. He's by far the worst analyst on the show he is on.
israelfirst
Senior
And1: 1,034

Post#24 » by israelfirst » Sat May 23, 2020 3:04 pm

how is he dumb? he is a multiple time all star, finals mvp, nba championship. He can better analyze the game than the rest of the keyboard warriors
j-ragg
RealGM
And1: 11,652

Post#25 » by j-ragg » Sat May 23, 2020 3:22 pm

I think he's terrible even outside the hot takes. He's not good in front of a microphone in the sense someone will ask him something and there's pauses, stuttering, just a general sense that he isn't really "quick" for live pre-game show thoughts. I think Perk is better w/ a microphone than PP.

For my local broadcast, Nick Anderson is pretty bad in the same way.
BadMofoPimp wrote:Durant thinks Vooch is one of the Best Centers in the NBA. I will take his word over a couch-GM yelling at a TV.
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,168

Post#26 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:29 pm

well if you watch his "analysis" on tv - he obviously doesn't watch basketball as much as an analyst should.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
chitownsalesmen
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,740

Post#27 » by chitownsalesmen » Sat May 23, 2020 3:37 pm

SD2042 wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:Pierce is great at his job. Being a successful reporter is more of a popularity contest. That is why people like Stephan A Smith are such household names in the sports industry. They constantly create controversy with their ludicrous hot takes. Thus, getting lots & lots of attention & as we all know popularity = MORE MONEY.

I don't think Pierce believes half the sh*t he says sometimes, but he'll keep saying it because he loves the attention. And sports networks like ESPN will continue providing him with a platform so he can generate more views (especially on social media).

A.K.A. Narcissistic Personality Disorder

aka getting paid broke boi
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,996

Post#28 » by HMFFL » Sat May 23, 2020 3:48 pm

I believe Paul Pierces media career is going to be short lived unless his connection to the job are very stable. I never thought Scottie Pippen would have a successful career in the media and I'm surprised Paul Pierce has lasted as long as he has.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
themoneyteam2
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,287

Post#29 » by themoneyteam2 » Sat May 23, 2020 3:48 pm

He’s doing his job for ESPN by getting views and people talking about his takes. Same thing SAS and Skip did for First Take.

Nick Wright is on the other end where all he does is suck off LeBron and Mahomes and says blasphemy to draw viewers to the show and to get people riled up.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,702

Post#30 » by UcanUwill » Sat May 23, 2020 4:02 pm

You give him your and with this thread, our attention. Has no one learned anything from SAS success, these clowns will be around for as long as you care to watch, listen and talk about them. Just ignore these hot take ''analysts'', this is the way.
LakersLegacy
Head Coach
And1: 3,869

Post#31 » by LakersLegacy » Sat May 23, 2020 4:11 pm

Pierce isn’t articulate or well spoken. He talks like we did back in junior high. I can’t listen to him. Jalen can be like that a bit. But often I can enjoy Jalen. Jacoby balances out Jalen OK. And Jalen can communicate a lot better than Pierce.

I miss Kobe. The way he would talk about basketball. And actually be well spoken. Hope some other former players get a chance.
J-Wolves
Bench Warmer
And1: 887

Post#32 » by J-Wolves » Sat May 23, 2020 5:00 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:
SD2042 wrote:
Dupp wrote:Wait did he really say the magic would beat the raptors? That’s by far the dumbest thing out of the lot. Maybe one of the dumbest things an ex-player has ever said.

You obviously haven't heard of Ryan Hollins.

Damon Jones says hi.
He too said the Magic would beat the Raptors last year. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Someone should set up a poll - most delusional : Paul Pierce, Ryan Hollins, Stephen Jackson etc

Stephen Jackson says, he is better than RAY ALLEN, MANU GINOBILI, AND VINCE CARTER!
July 4 2016, Kevin Durant declared his dependence day, dependent on the guys he couldn't beat!
Kahn_2001
Starter
And1: 2,191

Post#33 » by Kahn_2001 » Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 pm

Dupp wrote:Wait did he really say the magic would beat the raptors? That’s by far the dumbest thing out of the lot. Maybe one of the dumbest thing an ex player has ever said.
Damon"big Mac"Jones said Orlando would sweep.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
credit: TurboZone
Clay Davis
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,691

Post#34 » by Clay Davis » Sat May 23, 2020 8:19 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:how can he a good player but a bad analyst? he just analyzed the game for 15 years at an all star level. Just because you dont understand his perspective, doesnt necessarily mean hes an idiot. He isnt giving you the objective perspective, hes giving you the perspective from Pierce the perennial all star that just competed with all these guys and beat most of them

Ill give an example FROM HIS PERSPECTIVE.
1.Paul pierce will be low on the current raptors, because five years ago he swept them and broke their back as a player who was past his prime, of course hes not going to have respect for kyle lowry Derozan, or that franchise, especially the way they booed him( I was there, I was one of those people outside)

2.He played agaisnt Lebron for years and was beating him, in the same way the pistons did to MJ. Isiah Thomas doesnt think that highly of MJ because he was beating him. Paul is the same way with lebron. in 09 against the celtics he flat out mailed it in, made some excuse about his elbow, and went to miami just to beat the celtics.

He knows the game really well, because he was a great player, so obvbiously he can analyze the sport, he just isnt there to separate the facts from his emotional opinions, and it makes for entertaining TV.
So he's stuck in his memories and incapable of seeing the world change. Thanks for the explanation. Now I know there's more than one person stupid enough to take his opinion seriously

Sent from my SM-A520W using RealGM mobile app

STRIKE: Personal attack
Keep your interaction with others civil and on-topic.
-Sammy
Steelo Green wrote:People are expecting way too much from Barnes out of the get go. He is a project player who will need 2-3 years before he makes a major impact.
BigDocta898
Rookie
And1: 1,384

Post#35 » by BigDocta898 » Sat May 23, 2020 9:48 pm

israelfirst wrote:how is he dumb? he is a multiple time all star, finals mvp, nba championship. He can better analyze the game than the rest of the keyboard warriors

What does being good at basketball have to do with being smart. They arent rocket scientist
big-shot-ROB
Sixth Man
And1: 1,638

Post#36 » by big-shot-ROB » Sun May 24, 2020 10:38 pm

BigDocta898 wrote:
israelfirst wrote:how is he dumb? he is a multiple time all star, finals mvp, nba championship. He can better analyze the game than the rest of the keyboard warriors

What does being good at basketball have to do with being smart. They arent rocket scientist

You aren't a PP level player if you are dumb as ****. You might have the basketball talent, but if you are stupid and don't really understand the game then you are Nick Young or JR Smith, not PP.
Robert Horry is better than MJ, because everybody knows that 7>6.
Danny1616
General Manager
And1: 12,725

Post#37 » by Danny1616 » Sun May 24, 2020 10:51 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:how can he a good player but a bad analyst? he just analyzed the game for 15 years at an all star level. Just because you dont understand his perspective, doesnt necessarily mean hes an idiot. He isnt giving you the objective perspective, hes giving you the perspective from Pierce the perennial all star that just competed with all these guys and beat most of them

1.Paul pierce will be low on the current raptors, because five years ago he swept them and broke their back as a player who was past his prime, of course hes not going to have respect for kyle lowry Derozan, or that franchise, especially the way they booed him( I was there, I was one of those people outside)

2.He played agaisnt Lebron for years and was beating him, in the same way the pistons did to MJ. Isiah Thomas doesnt think that highly of MJ because he was beating him. Paul is the same way with lebron. in 09 against the celtics he flat out mailed it in, made some excuse about his elbow, and went to miami just to beat the celtics.

He knows the game really well, because he was a great player, so obvbiously he can analyze the sport, he just isnt there to separate the facts from his emotional opinions, and it makes for entertaining TV.

Actually it's quite easy to be a great player and a bad analyst (or even coach, scout, manager etc.)

Sports IQ and general scouting/analysis/coaching etc. doesn't go hand in hand.

For example, Gretzky was the best hockey player of all time but was an awful NHL head coach.

Jason Kidd was one of the highest IQ players and greatest PG's of all time but was considered a pretty bad head coach.

Jordan is the GOAT but is an awful GM.

But Phil Jackson was an NBA role player and is arguably the greatest coach ever.

Larry Brown never played in the NBA, but is considered one of the greatest coaches ever.

Popovich never played in the NBA but is in the conversation for greatest coach over.

Masai Ujiri played professionally overseas and is arguably the best GM in the league today.

You sound like you never played sports ever. I had friends who were brilliant academic minds, but when they played sports they literally had zero IQ and had the dumbest decision making ever. I had other friends who were degenerates that had **** up lives, but they were much smarter on the court.

I mean just look at how bad Charles and Shaq are in their predictions or player analysis. The most sensible guy out of that group is Ernie, who didn't even play basketball professionally.
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,787

Post#38 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun May 24, 2020 11:05 pm

You guys are like butter in Pierce's hands.
Go Raps!!
Dnt hate
Sixth Man
And1: 899

Post#39 » by Dnt hate » Sun May 24, 2020 11:06 pm

I see what your saying but let's not forget he ha a better series then kobe when they beat the lakers in 08
NPZ
Analyst
And1: 2,505

Post#40 » by NPZ » Mon May 25, 2020 1:19 am

Goudelock wrote:I'm glad the rest of the NBA is coming around to what Lakers fans have always known.

He lost all his LA privileges. Stay gone, PP, or BE gone.
NPZ's Definitive Magic Johnson highlight reel

49, 50, 52, 53, 54, 72, 80, 82, 85, 87, 88, 00, 01, 02, 09, 10, 20

Return to The General Board