ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back)

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

OptionZero
Starter
And1: 1,828

Re: Trade Thread (TRADE WARS EPISODE V: The Empire Strikes Back) 

Post#1401 » by OptionZero » Tue May 26, 2020 6:53 pm

Beal has been a better defender than he has been this year, when he was (perhaps due to circumstances) uncomfortably similar to Dlo

He is very good. I am not sure he is the piece that you play the full hand for
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#1402 » by wco81 » Tue May 26, 2020 7:07 pm

Nets board talking about going for Aaron Gordon as their Giannis defender.

He's got the size and strength but not sure how good he is with his hands to swipe at the ball.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#1403 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue May 26, 2020 8:18 pm

I know I've suggested crap deals and all, but Bradley Beal? Seriously? Does he even fit into both our offense and defensive scheme? Who or why we would trade our key players for him? And do you want him and Green to come at each others' throats again (LOL)? But, seriously, no thanks. I'd keep Wiggins (for now) based on position of need. Through a stretch of 12 games or so this season, he looked to be gelling into his role on the team.
AdonalFoyle4Prez
Analyst
And1: 360

Post#1404 » by AdonalFoyle4Prez » Tue May 26, 2020 8:53 pm

Coxy wrote:
wco81 wrote:Beale at 2?

Then who plays the 3, Klay or Wiggins?

Wiggins goes in the deal as well, FNQ forgot to add him in.

I'd be OK with the deal, but would really try to keep EP out of it. The haul is huge for Washington without Paschall.

EP would be included if it makes us look desperate to trade Wiggins and value Beal a lot more. Do you guys really think adding Beal would help us by trading away our young, potential players? A line up of Curry, Beal, Thompson, Green, and Chriss/Looney? Doesn't look to be a contending team to me..

I know Wiggins hasn't lived up to the hype, being the 2014 1st overall pick (Get over it). Not known to be an efficient scorer, but I do think he'll become more efficient in this offensive system and disciplined on defense via coaching staff and Green.

No time to panic.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1405 » by OptionZero » Tue May 26, 2020 10:32 pm

Beal, currently, is better than Wiggins; the theoretical fit advantage of Wiggins is . . . theoretical. He showed way better activity on defense (basically doubling his stock rate) but he needs to keep that up and massively improve his spotup 3P shooting
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1406 » by Mylie10 » Wed May 27, 2020 5:13 am

If you trade for Beal you are set on offense. Wlite shooting and scoring.

But that forces the rest of the roster to be legit defenders across the board. We'd have to get creative on adding length and defense. But man, just imagine the scoring.

You would have one of Curry, Klay, or Beal on the floor at all times. Klay would have to play more SF, which is a downer, but O think the league is trending towards 3 guards and 2 long versatile bigs anyhow.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#1407 » by GQ Hot Dog » Wed May 27, 2020 8:06 am

I don't see why the Wizards would trade Beal. Wall is signed for three more seasons at max money and he's supposed to be healthy finally. They have to take that chance that they can put it all together and get into the top-4 in the EC. They have a chance although I've always hated Scott Brooks as a coach.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1408 » by OptionZero » Wed May 27, 2020 4:59 pm

They aren't close to getting into the top 4 absent drastic circumstances shifting

You can't count on Wall after multiple injuries taking him out
Bertans is a UFA; although they have bird rights to keep him, it would probably be expensive enough to cut off other means of adding talent
Who else on the roster is any good?

Beal ain't carrying that roster to home court

You need prime Wall back and a massive hit in the lotto on top of keeping Bertans.

however

Beal has made statements (through his agent) about wanting to stay, and the Wizards don't seem like a progressive enough franchise to embrace Process type moves, so they might just be stubborn and hang on to them while still sucking. You know, loser type stuff

Imagine if they were smart enough to put him on the block LAST offseason when teams were throwing a generation's worth of picks to get PG13 and AD. even getting into that market would have probably net them a coupla first rounders and a prospect
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#1409 » by wco81 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:32 pm

Beal would compete with the Splash Brothers for shots.

Wiggins would mainly get scraps of the leftovers.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#1410 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu May 28, 2020 12:04 am

wco81 wrote:Beal would compete with the Splash Brothers for shots.

Wiggins would mainly get scraps of the leftovers.

Yeah, I agree with this. I don't think Beal will be happy giving up so many looks to Steph and Klay with the massive increase in usage he's experienced the last few years. Getting Wall back will be an adjustment but I suspect he'll come in and be willing to defer/distribute to Beal.

Finding opportunity shots is perfect for Wiggins while Draymond is doing the playmaking. Beal would be frustrated with that role and I don't want someone else the offense has to generate a certain amount of looks for every game or he gets irritated like with KD.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager

Post#1411 » by GQ Hot Dog » Thu May 28, 2020 12:15 am

OptionZero wrote:They aren't close to getting into the top 4 absent drastic circumstances shifting

Bertans is a UFA; although they have bird rights to keep him, it would probably be expensive enough to cut off other means of adding talent

You need prime Wall back and a massive hit in the lotto on top of keeping Bertans.

however

Beal has made statements (through his agent) about wanting to stay, and the Wizards don't seem like a progressive enough franchise to embrace Process type moves, so they might just be stubborn and hang on to them while still sucking. You know, loser type stuff

Imagine if they were smart enough to put him on the block LAST offseason when teams were throwing a generation's worth of picks to get PG13 and AD. even getting into that market would have probably net them a coupla first rounders and a prospect

I take a healthy Wall/Beal backcourt over every other in the EC, Boston included. Obviously I'm giving Wall the benefit of the doubt health-wise and considering what he's owed, the Wiz FO has to as well which is why they won't trade Beal for a rebuilding package.

I agree they need to hit with their draft pick and their pick should put them right around where the solid SF prospects will be. One of Okoro, Saddiq Bey, Aaron Nesmith, Devin Vassell or Patrick Williams could all come in and start for them as a low usage 3D wing.

I still don't know why they traded Oubre away right as he was entering his prime, he would have been great as their starting SF right now.

Wall/Smith
Beal/Robinson
1st/Brown Jr.
Hachimura/Bertans
Bryant/Wagner
The hottest of takes...
kingcong95
Junior
And1: 129

Post#1412 » by kingcong95 » Thu May 28, 2020 2:29 am

thinkingwarriors wrote:
OptionZero wrote:They aren't close to getting into the top 4 absent drastic circumstances shifting

however

I take a healthy Wall/Beal backcourt over every other in the EC, Boston included. Obviously I'm giving Wall the benefit of the doubt health-wise and considering what he's owed, the Wiz FO has to as well which is why they won't trade Beal for a rebuilding package.

I agree they need to hit with their draft pick and their pick should put them right around where the solid SF prospects will be. One of Okoro, Saddiq Bey, Aaron Nesmith, Devin Vassell or Patrick Williams could all come in and start for them as a low usage 3D wing.

I still don't know why they traded Oubre away right as he was entering his prime, he would have been great as their starting SF right now.

Wall/Smith
Beal/Robinson
1st/Brown Jr.
Hachimura/Bertans
Bryant/Wagner

The Wizards thought Ariza could push them into the playoffs. The infamous Brooks trade got them out of the obligation to pay for Oubre as an RFA. I think that was also the year they started deep in the tax and made a bunch of trades to get under.

It was also one of the reasons they fired Erneh after that season.
OptionZero
Starter

Post#1413 » by OptionZero » Thu May 28, 2020 4:23 pm

Wall is a sunk cost, you shouldn't really let his presence influence what you do with beal.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#1414 » by The Maestro » Thu May 28, 2020 10:05 pm

Simmons is a much better fit next to the splash bros than Beal. Much much better.

Wiggins/2020 pick/2021 pick/2nd rd picks for Simmons or a 3 way deal with Raps and Sixers.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#1415 » by azwfan » Thu May 28, 2020 10:07 pm

The Maestro wrote:Simmons is a much better fit next to the splash bros than Beal. Much much better.

Wiggins/2020 pick/2021 pick/2nd rd picks for Simmons or a 3 way deal with Raps and Sixers.

My gut tells me its not the Warriors side of things that needs to be convinced.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#1416 » by The Maestro » Thu May 28, 2020 10:11 pm

azwfan wrote:
The Maestro wrote:Simmons is a much better fit next to the splash bros than Beal. Much much better.

My gut tells me its not the Warriors side of things that needs to be convinced.

Simmons and Embiid don’t fit and they don’t like each other. After they flame out again in the bubble playoffs, the Sixers will make moves.
Kuya
Assistant Coach
And1: 808

Post#1417 » by Kuya » Fri May 29, 2020 12:53 am

Wiggins super happy to be in the Bay right now and D-Lo scared AF right now in Minneapolis
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#1418 » by ILOVEIT » Sat May 30, 2020 5:16 am

Caught the idea from a youtube link....

Complicated deal with 4 teams. Warriors trade Wiggins and this years pick for Myles Turner, TJ Warren and Will Barton.

Immediately improves Warriors depth with vets....solves center position and backup point. Not likely but more options to think about.

[url];t=62s[/url]
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#1419 » by The Maestro » Sat May 30, 2020 7:05 am

Would you trade Wiggins/Green/2020 pick

For

Simmons/Horford
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#1420 » by Coxy » Sat May 30, 2020 7:38 am

The Maestro wrote:Would you trade Wiggins/Green/2020 pick

For

Simmons/Horford

No.

Return to Golden State Warriors