Bradley Beal Views Trade Rumors 'As A Sign Of Respect'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Bradley Beal Views Trade Rumors 'As A Sign Of Respect' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 29, 2020 4:44 pm

Bradley Beal has emerged in trade rumors even though the Washington Wizards have maintained the position publicly and privately that he's not available. Beal has also reiterated he wants to remain with the Wizards.

The New York Daily News reported last week that the Brooklyn Nets have had "internal discussions" on trading for Beal.

"It's not the first time I've heard this kind of talk," Beal told ESPN. "It's interesting. To me, I look at it as a sign of respect, that I've been doing good things and guys want to play with me.

"That's an unbelievable feeling. When you hear that Kyrie [Irving] and KD [Kevin Durant] want you, s---, that's amazing. At the same time, you don't know how much there is to it, or how easy it would be to do. And I've put down roots in D.C. I've dedicated myself to this town, this community. I love it here, and it would feel great to know I could grind out winning here instead of jumping to another team.

"But I'd be naive to say that I don't think about it when these stories come up."

Beal wants to reunite with John Wall and see how the Wizards can compete.

"My biggest thing right now is that I want to play with John [Wall] again,'' Beal said. "I want to see him get back to that level where I know he can be, especially since my game has grown so much [while he's been out]. What can we accomplish together? I'm so happy he's healthy, working his tail off."

Via Jackie MacMullan/ESPN

MagicBagley18
RealGM
And1: 20,332

Re: Bradley Beal Views Trade Rumors 'As A Sign Of Respect' 

Post#2 » by MagicBagley18 » Fri May 29, 2020 8:23 pm

Translates to “talk to me again about trades mid way through next season”
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#3 » by Elnegron » Fri May 29, 2020 10:36 pm

Enough giving this whiny baby more airtime. Cry about not respect when his team not winning, cry when the league doesn't choose him for all star game and cry when people try ro trade for him f... him
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#4 » by Rek » Sat May 30, 2020 7:30 pm

MagicBagley18 wrote:Translates to “talk to me again about trades mid way through next season”

Yeah, this sounded pretty much like: "Hold up a sec. Need to see if John is gonna be able to play great again. May have to dip if not..."

Return to Wiretap Discussion