ImageImage

Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

What would you like to see the Hawks do with the #6 pick?

Trade the Pick for a vet
17%
Trade into the top 3
27%
Trade for later/future picks
13%
Draft Best Player Available
13%
Draft TYRESE HALIBURTON
10%
Draft ONYEKA OKONGWU
10%
Draft ISAAC OKORO
No votes
Draft KILLIAN HAYES
10%

Total votes: 30

CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Re: Appropriately early 2020 NBA Draft Thread 

Post#521 » by CP War Hawks » Tue May 26, 2020 12:07 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
Spud2nique wrote:...Jenkins was a straight up spot up shooter without almost any other ability. Jenkins got it stolen almost always when he would try to dribble.

Nesmith can D up and put the ball on the floor a bit. Kerry Kittles/Kareem Rush type to me. With more D.

Noted.

They broke down his season with ESPN. I mean it's said he's 6-6 215 with a 6-11 wingspan. Probably looking at the next Middleton. Looking at a somebody that can guard 2-4, if not the bigger 4s definitely the smaller ones.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,336

Post#522 » by Jamaaliver » Tue May 26, 2020 1:02 am

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#523 » by Jamaaliver » Tue May 26, 2020 1:23 am

Something to keep in mind when grading Anthony Edwards...he's still really only a kid.

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#524 » by Jamaaliver » Wed May 27, 2020 1:37 am

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,867

Post#525 » by jayu70 » Fri May 29, 2020 1:06 pm

Read on Twitter

Anthony Edwards, G, Georgia
The Hawks need a secondary playmaker who can play alongside Young and without him. Edwards is the best option who fills that need. On other lottery teams, he easily could be that organization’s go-to scorer, but he wouldn’t need to fill that role for Atlanta because Young is and will be that player in the present and future.

Deni Avdija, F, Maccabi Tel Aviv
What the Hawks are missing in their young forwards is someone who can be a high-level playmaker. Avdija can be that kind of player in the NBA and would fit nicely with what the Hawks have in De’Andre Hunter and Cam Reddish.

Devin Vassell, F, Florida State
Vassell is one of the best defenders in this draft. He’s not as good as Isaac Okoro, who we’ll discuss next, but Vassell is an ideal 3-and-D wing the Hawks could use even though they drafted two of those last year in Hunter and Reddish.

Onyeka Okongwu, F/C, USC
A frontcourt of Okongwu and Collins would be highly intriguing, as both players can switch defensively and crash the boards with vigor. I believe Okongwu has the potential to be a good shooter one day, too, and having another stretch four/five on the roster would be a plus.

Killian Hayes, G, Ulm
I wouldn’t draft a pure point guard like Ball or Cole Anthony in the top eight unless I intended to flip that player for someone else. Hayes could be a lead guard in the NBA, but he has the size and ability to defend one through three in the league.
I’d have him ranked higher than Tyrese Haliburton because his playmaking ability is quite exceptional 

Isaac Okoro, F, Auburn
The Hawks need more defensive talent. For the past two seasons, Atlanta has been one of the worst defensive teams in the league. Okoro would improve this team defensively immediately, in my opinion. I think Okoro is the best defender in the draft, and he has the ability to guard two through four and the five in small-ball lineups. What I like about Okoro and his fit with the Hawks is he’s a very smart passer who has some ability to run pick-and-roll if needed

Tyrese Haliburton, G, Iowa State
The biggest difference between Haliburton and Hayes when talking about how they would project with the Hawks is Haliburton’s ability to shoot, specifically off the catch. He made nearly 42 percent of his 3s this season, but because of his current shot form, he projects as more of a spot-up shooter in the NBA. And for the reasons Hayes would be a good pick for the Hawks, Haliburton has the length to guard multiple positions and can lead the non-Young minutes and provide stability for those 15ish minutes that Young is resting.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#526 » by Jamaaliver » Sat May 30, 2020 2:27 pm

Read on Twitter

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#527 » by jayu70 » Sat May 30, 2020 11:02 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#528 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 31, 2020 3:43 pm

Top sharpshooters to target in the 2020 NBA Draft

Aaron Nesmith (Vanderbilt)

A 6’6″ forward who played two seasons at Vanderbilt, Aaron Nesmith is a well-known commodity after knocking down 52.2% of his threes (8.2 attempts per game) as a sophomore on his way to an average of 23.0 points per game.

There are two big questions for Nesmith though.

The first is how much stock should scouts put into Nesmith’s sophomore production, as he averaged just 11.0 points per game on 39.2% shooting from the field and 33.7% shooting from three in 29.0 minutes per game. The second is how Nesmith will return from a season-ending right foot injury he sustained in January.

As for the first question, Vanderbilt’s hiring of former NBA star Jerry Stackhouse prior to the 2019-20 season likely had plenty to do with Nesmith’s improvement.

Stackhouse, who was considered one of the strongest coaching prospects for a future NBA gig before heading to the NCAA, was one of the league’s best scorers and after playing 18 seasons in the NBA would have had a wealth of knowledge that Nesmith could benefit from.

To the second question, there’s nothing to suggest that Nesmith's play will be affected by the injury, although due to the tricky nature of foot injuries there could be concern about it becoming a recurring problem.

Nesmith projects to be a three-and-D player although he can score from all three levels. Though not an elite athlete, he displays a solid IQ on the defensive end.
Nuggets Fansided
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#529 » by Jamaaliver » Sun May 31, 2020 4:05 pm

5 Wings to Know for 2020 NBA Draft

Devin Vassell, Florida State
One of the rising names in this year’s class, Devin Vassell could turn into a special player by the time it’s all said and done. He’s an elite on-ball defender who harasses opponents with length (6-foot-10 wingspan) and hard work. He’s not a great athlete, but should be a good shooter at the next level. He’s projected to go in the top 10, but if he slips, Milwaukee would be there to pick up the pieces.

Aaron Nesmith, Vanderbilt
The second-best three-and-D wing on this list (behind Vassell), Nesmith would be a terrific addition [for any team] next season. He knocked down an insane 52.2 percent of his threes last season while attempting a whopping 8.2 per game. Even better, he does it in a variety of ways while coming off screens and shooting on the move. His defense isn’t as good as Vassell’s, but he should be able to hold his own right away.

Saddiq Bey, Villanova
Saddiq Bey could turn into more of a forward in the mold of Tobias Harris, but he’s a wing at the beginning of his career. He’s another good shooter from behind the arc, connecting on 45.1 percent of his threes last year. He’s a bit more limited on offense than Nesmith, but makes up for it on defense. He’s a prime candidate to be available around number 18.

Isaac Okoro, Auburn

The best athlete on this list, Okoro can fly through the lane and throw a dunk down in traffic. It’s this athleticism that has scouts excited about him and provides him with the possibility of being drafted inside the top 10. He has the most work to do on his jumper, but could be the best defender outside of Vassell. He uses great lateral quickness and jumping ability to make life difficult for even the best offensive players.
Milwaukee Fansided
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#530 » by Spud2nique » Sun May 31, 2020 9:33 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
5 Wings to Know for 2020 NBA Draft

Devin Vassell, Florida State
One of the rising names in this year’s class, Devin Vassell could turn into a special player by the time it’s all said and done. He’s an elite on-ball defender who harasses opponents with length (6-foot-10 wingspan) and hard work. He’s not a great athlete, but should be a good shooter at the next level. He’s projected to go in the top 10, but if he slips, Milwaukee would be there to pick up the pieces.

Aaron Nesmith, Vanderbilt
The second-best three-and-D wing on this list (behind Vassell), Nesmith would be a terrific addition [for any team] next season. He knocked down an insane 52.2 percent of his threes last season while attempting a whopping 8.2 per game. Even better, he does it in a variety of ways while coming off screens and shooting on the move. His defense isn’t as good as Vassell’s, but he should be able to hold his own right away.

Saddiq Bey, Villanova
Saddiq Bey could turn into more of a forward in the mold of Tobias Harris, but he’s a wing at the beginning of his career. He’s another good shooter from behind the arc, connecting on 45.1 percent of his threes last year. He’s a bit more limited on offense than Nesmith, but makes up for it on defense. He’s a prime candidate to be available around number 18.

Isaac Okoro, Auburn

The best athlete on this list, Okoro can fly through the lane and throw a dunk down in traffic. It’s this athleticism that has scouts excited about him and provides him with the possibility of being drafted inside the top 10. He has the most work to do on his jumper, but could be the best defender outside of Vassell. He uses great lateral quickness and jumping ability to make life difficult for even the best offensive players.
Milwaukee Fansided

I like this list of guys a lot in a trade down scenario for sure. Specially the first two for where they are projected value wise, Okoro is gonna be good too but that’s a top 6 pick price so no trade down most likely.

If we get one of these guy I’m happy.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#531 » by Jamaaliver » Mon Jun 1, 2020 5:52 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#532 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Jun 3, 2020 3:14 pm

Read on Twitter
jayu70
RealGM

Post#533 » by jayu70 » Wed Jun 3, 2020 6:15 pm

New Lottery Odds.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Ball4life32
Veteran
And1: 2,454

Post#534 » by Ball4life32 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 5:55 pm

Read on Twitter
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#535 » by Jamaaliver » Thu Jun 4, 2020 6:43 pm

Ball4life32 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is so far away...

I can't keep up my enthusiasm for that long with no Hawks basketball, no Summer League and no new draftees to fawn over.

:waaa:

Whoa is me.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#536 » by kg01 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 7:05 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is so far away...

I can't keep up my enthusiasm for that long with no Hawks basketball, no Summer League and no new draftees to fawn over.

Whoa is me.

Don't fret, @jamo. I'll stick around and will discontinue my good behavior. That way you at least have someone to moderate. Happy?
king01 :king:
jayu70
RealGM

Post#537 » by jayu70 » Thu Jun 4, 2020 7:12 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
Ball4life32 wrote:
Read on Twitter

That is so far away...

Whoa is me.

Get a hold of yourself..kg01 will entertain you.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks

Post#538 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Jun 6, 2020 12:58 pm

jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Whoa is me.

kg01 wrote:Don't fret, @jamo. I'll stick around and will discontinue my good behavior. That way you at least have someone to moderate. Happy?

.....it's going to be a long summer.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#539 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sat Jun 6, 2020 5:43 pm

I honestly don’t know which way to go if we land the first pick but if we land a few spots down, I think I like Hayes. His left hand dependency is concerning but I like everything else I have seen from him.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,615

Post#540 » by kg01 » Sat Jun 6, 2020 6:30 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:
jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Whoa is me.

kg01 wrote:Don't fret, @jamo. I'll stick around and will discontinue my good behavior. That way you at least have someone to moderate. Happy?

.....it's going to be a long summer.

Yes it is. You're welcome
king01 :king:

Return to Atlanta Hawks