ImageImage

Giannis Thread - DPOY Page 88

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,887

Re: Giannis Thread - Full Practice & Scrimmage Wednesday - Still Uncertain for Thursday 

Post#1641 » by jschligs » Sun Jun 7, 2020 3:14 pm

He is such an amazing person, we are so lucky to have him and to have watched him grow.

I also feel he could easily avoid saying “in Milwaukee” in a lot of his comments but he doesn’t. I do believe he’s staying, I can feel it in my loins.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Re: Giannis Thread - Full Practice & Scrimmage Wednesday - Still Uncertain for Thursday 

Post#1642 » by PG Graveyard » Sun Jun 7, 2020 3:32 pm

I give it until Tuesday for NBC San Fran to post another article about how the Warriors are primed to get Giannis and win the championship next year since they weren’t invited to Orlando.
Toodles1980
Junior
And1: 177

Post#1643 » by Toodles1980 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 7:51 pm

PG Graveyard wrote:I give it until Tuesday for NBC San Fran to post another article about how the Warriors are primed to get Giannis and win the championship next year since they weren’t invited to Orlando.

Should've taken the under on that timeframe: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/warriors-should-trade-klay-thompson-giannis-tom-haberstroh-says
GBPackers47
Starter
And1: 1,255

Post#1644 » by GBPackers47 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 8:19 pm

Toodles1980 wrote:
PG Graveyard wrote:I give it until Tuesday for NBC San Fran to post another article about how the Warriors are primed to get Giannis and win the championship next year since they weren’t invited to Orlando.

Should've taken the under on that timeframe: https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/warriors-should-trade-klay-thompson-giannis-tom-haberstroh-says

Really nice article. Didn’t realize Giannis was this good.
PG Graveyard
General Manager
And1: 4,489

Post#1645 » by PG Graveyard » Sun Jun 7, 2020 8:34 pm

Toodles1980 wrote:

I saw that literally 20 minutes after my post. Those guys are unbelievable.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,645

Post#1646 » by emunney » Sun Jun 7, 2020 8:41 pm

Never ever do they consider the Bucks in these theoretical trades.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
dbrodz7
Sixth Man
And1: 1,224

Post#1647 » by dbrodz7 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 8:55 pm

emunney wrote:Never ever do they consider the Bucks in these theoretical trades.

Yeah no kidding. Although, it's nice to see that Klay, Wiggins and #1 overall is starting point for a **** trade offer if Giannis ever publicly said I won't resign in MKE. I think he is resigning for sure. If he won't resign, I would never trade him. The best chance this franchise has to win a championship over the next 30 years is next year with 26-year old Giannis. I keep him and try and win it all and then get him to resign. This assumes we don't win it all this year and he doesn't extend this fall of course.
Misery loves company
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,231

Post#1648 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Jun 7, 2020 9:09 pm

I know there's been talk that if he signed a 2 year extension he would have 10 years of time in summer of 2023 and could get an even bigger extension than he could get now. But who knows what the cap is going to be down the road. I think he inks the extension this off season.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1649 » by blazza18 » Sun Jun 7, 2020 9:31 pm

A Warriors' fan site should be more bias towards the Bucks in hypothetical trades that will never happen imo.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,045

Post#1650 » by MVP2110 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 12:38 am

MickeyDavis wrote:I know there's been talk that if he signed a 2 year extension he would have 10 years of time in summer of 2023 and could get an even bigger extension than he could get now. But who knows what the cap is going to be down the road. I think he inks the extension this off season.

Isn't that not true? Isn't the supermax the supermax either way?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1651 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 8, 2020 12:56 am

MVP2110 wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:I know there's been talk that if he signed a 2 year extension he would have 10 years of time in summer of 2023 and could get an even bigger extension than he could get now. But who knows what the cap is going to be down the road. I think he inks the extension this off season.

The maximum salary of a player with 6 or fewer years of experience is either $27,250,000 or 25% of the total salary cap, whichever is greater. For a player with 7–9 years of experience, the maximum is $32,700,000 or 30% of the cap, and for a player with 10+ years of experience, the maximum is $38,150,000 or 35% of the cap.

Those numbers are for this year's cap
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1652 » by MVP2110 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 1:18 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

The maximum salary of a player with 6 or fewer years of experience is either $27,250,000 or 25% of the total salary cap, whichever is greater. For a player with 7–9 years of experience, the maximum is $32,700,000 or 30% of the cap, and for a player with 10+ years of experience, the maximum is $38,150,000 or 35% of the cap.

Those numbers are for this year's cap

I was under the impression that a Supermax started at 35% with 8% increases every year

https://www.si.com/nba/2019/05/27/giannis-antetokounmpo-could-sign-largest-contract-history-possibility
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1653 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jun 8, 2020 1:34 am

You could be right. Maybe the 10 year bump isn't a thing anymore.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#1654 » by MVP2110 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 1:44 am

MickeyDavis wrote:You could be right. Maybe the 10 year bump isn't a thing anymore.

I believe it does for the normal max but not the Supermax.
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,934

Post#1655 » by soxperry » Mon Jun 8, 2020 1:55 am

Giannis is fully aware of his contract situation. He's fully aware that every single word that he says will be scrutinized in reference to his pending situation. There were a lot of ways that he could have worded the speech that he gave to make it more noncommittal. He did not do that.

He's staying.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#1656 » by FlagsFlyForever » Mon Jun 8, 2020 2:05 am

I've said it before but Wisconsin is lucky to have role models like Aaron Rodgers and Giannis Antetokounmpo as the faces of their state.
Read on Twitter
emunney
RealGM

Post#1657 » by emunney » Mon Jun 8, 2020 4:48 am

But the max is based on the cap in the first year of the contract, which would be 21-22. The cap seems certain to be shrunken that year following a year with at the very least limited game attendance. I think they should figure something out with the max so that it is indexed to the cap and guys don't have to worry about timing it. Call it the Giannis rule.
emunney
RealGM

Post#1658 » by emunney » Mon Jun 8, 2020 4:50 am

blazza18 wrote:A Warriors' fan site should be more bias towards the Bucks in hypothetical trades that will never happen imo.

Tom Haberstroh is a Warriors fan site?
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,562

Post#1659 » by blazza18 » Mon Jun 8, 2020 5:23 am

emunney wrote:
blazza18 wrote:A Warriors' fan site should be more bias towards the Bucks in hypothetical trades that will never happen imo.

Tom Haberstroh is a Warriors fan site?

Was the article not on a website for Warriors fans?
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Magic Giannison
RealGM
And1: 27,027

Post#1660 » by Magic Giannison » Mon Jun 8, 2020 2:25 pm

Im proud of my boy as a human being, he addresses issues that affect everyone in their daily life and need to be resolved so we can move on as human beings and not waste our time in racism and pettiness.

Saying that im also glad Bucks basketball is back BABY, our KING will bring the ring this year.

GO BUCKS GO!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks