Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,988

Re: ATL 2020 Off Season - Bears Decline Trubisky's 5th Year Option 

Post#401 » by Daver » Sat May 23, 2020 8:16 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Daver wrote:
M-C-G wrote:Daver that is because they tend to assign the sacks after a certain amount of time to the QB. If the line protects for 2.5 seconds or whatever it is, I am pretty sure they are not blamed for that sack.

Given Rodgers doesn’t like to get rid of the ball quickly, it leads to most of his sacks. Pretty rarely does someone blow up our line and get a quick sack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mickey davis just wrote that rodgers holds the ball a average of 2.88 seconds n mahomes 2.83 seconds that seems pretty quick if not mahomes i dont think got close to being sacked as much as rodgers did and he was .05 seconds faster.Now does mahomes getting sacked only 30 plus times because of said .05 seconds quicker or because his oline is better i just dont see how GBs oline can be ranked 4th

30 plus times is two plays per game over the course of the season, where it isn’t unusual to drop back 40 something times a game.

Not sure how you can watch Rodgers and not notice the number of times he extends plays, it has to be among the tops in the league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/qu

Absolutely i see that every game thats part of what i said where QBs like brees n brady can sit back there not move and hardly ever get touched ....rodgers scrambling what seems like every other play i feel makes the oline look better than it really is cause i guess if rodgers couldnt move around how many times would he get hit
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#402 » by M-C-G » Sat May 23, 2020 9:41 pm

Daver wrote:rodgers scrambling what seems like every other play i feel makes the oline look better than it really is cause i guess if rodgers couldnt move around how many times would he get hit

Yeah, I kind of disagree, but see the point. I'd counter with he wouldn't have to scramble if he just stopped trying to extend plays and run the actual offense.

I think that 4th rank OL reflects that if Rodgers would not try to extend plays and get the ball out, you'd see the 4th best OL. Additionally they probably get more than their fair share of penalties trying to save Rodgers on those extended plays.

Don't get me wrong, a few years ago it was worth it, he was that good. But his big play ability is dwindling, his downfield accuracy is not the same since the collar bone, and Rodgers has always preferred for going 30 yards on 3rd and 3, instead of picking up the first down. But now, he isn't making those 30 yard plays, so it is time to change IMO.

I think he could do really well with a viable play action threat, but it will require him to buy in, which has always been the catch with him. Every time we tried to change the offense, he gets pissy and before you know it, we are back to McCarthy days where he gets what he wants.
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,988

Post#403 » by Daver » Sat May 23, 2020 11:21 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Daver wrote:rodgers scrambling what seems like every other play i feel makes the oline look better than it really is cause i guess if rodgers couldnt move around how many times would he get hit

Yeah, I kind of disagree, but see the point. I'd counter with he wouldn't have to scramble if he just stopped trying to extend plays and run the actual offense.

I think that 4th rank OL reflects that if Rodgers would not try to extend plays and get the ball out, you'd see the 4th best OL. Additionally they probably get more than their fair share of penalties trying to save Rodgers on those extended plays.

Don't get me wrong, a few years ago it was worth it, he was that good. But his big play ability is dwindling, his downfield accuracy is not the same since the collar bone, and Rodgers has always preferred for going 30 yards on 3rd and 3, instead of picking up the first down. But now, he isn't making those 30 yard plays, so it is time to change IMO.

I think he could do really well with a viable play action threat, but it will require him to buy in, which has always been the catch with him. Every time we tried to change the offense, he gets pissy and before you know it, we are back to McCarthy days where he gets what he wants.

You are right and let me add this its amazing how great the packer O looks when rodgers is throwing the ball quickly and hitting the quick slants and dinking n dunking then as good as the team looks doing that it all stops n just like that the O absolutely turns to dust
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#404 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jun 9, 2020 3:09 am

Read on Twitter
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#405 » by Profound23 » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:25 pm

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#406 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:19 pm

One of them was Zeke. Wasn't he seen a party during quarantine?
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#407 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:10 am

Read on Twitter
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,489

Post#408 » by Profound23 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:49 am

I knew NE would sign Winston or Cam. Shocked the rest of the NFL let Cam sit out there this long for NE.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,157

Post#409 » by RRyder823 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:43 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,660

Post#410 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:09 am

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter
Mark him down for the Arthur Ash courage award.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,746

Post#411 » by Treebeard » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:02 am

Enh..... Cowherd, Bayless, Steven A all use the schtick of saying provocative stuff to generate fan reaction. I think half the time, they don't care what opinion they take, just so long as it gets them more reaction points. (Well, Bayless is also an idiot.)

In this case, if Newton's physically able to perform, who would be surprised if he's the stsrter? Real bold prediction there, Colin.....
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#412 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:15 pm

trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think he's being a bit tongue-in-cheek.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,598

Post#413 » by tski1972 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:37 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I think he’s just being Colin Cowherd.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#414 » by trwi7 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:57 pm

humanrefutation wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's hard to tell with Cowherd. I could see both of these things happening. He thinks Newton is injured and damaged goods and that Stidham has the edge knowing the playbook but the time off helped Newton and he's going to come in and take the job. Or he knows Newton is much better than Stidham and wants to get a rise out of people so he fires off that tweet knowing that everyone knows Newton is better than Stidham and he just wants to sit back with a glass of scotch and laugh at the replies.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#415 » by humanrefutation » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:21 pm

trwi7 wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
trwi7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

It's hard to tell with Cowherd. I could see both of these things happening. He thinks Newton is injured and damaged goods and that Stidham has the edge knowing the playbook but the time off helped Newton and he's going to come in and take the job. Or he knows Newton is much better than Stidham and wants to get a rise out of people so he fires off that tweet knowing that everyone knows Newton is better than Stidham and he just wants to sit back with a glass of scotch and laugh at the replies.

I mean, there's no doubt that Cowherd is a turd, but I can't imagine that he actually thinks that's a strong take.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: ATL 2020 Off Season - NFLPA Votes for No Preseason Football 

Post#416 » by humanrefutation » Fri Jul 3, 2020 10:50 pm

Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,958

Post#417 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Jul 6, 2020 7:04 pm

Mahomes is signing a ten year contract extension. Good lord.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,009

Post#418 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jul 6, 2020 7:09 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Mahomes is signing a ten year contract extension. Good lord.

Wonder if it is a 'lifetime' contract with outs for both parties but looks good for the agent, player and team to say he signed a ten-year deal.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,223

Post#419 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jul 6, 2020 7:31 pm

Speculation is $400-$500 million. Of course guaranteed money is what matters. And there's this

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#420 » by humanrefutation » Mon Jul 6, 2020 7:33 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Speculation is $400-$500 million. Of course guaranteed money is what matters. And there's this

Read on Twitter

Yeah, that's the only way I'd sign a deal of that length if I was Mahomes.

Return to Green Bay Packers