7%

Total votes: 42

getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,308

consensus big board -- who is #26? 

Post#1 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:37 pm

YOU MAY SELECT TWO OPTIONS

DO NOT FORGET TO POST REASONING BEHIND SELECTION.

Tyler Bey beats Leandro Bolmaro out by one vote, earning 11 votes to 10.

Taking out Jalen Crutcher (0 votes).

Adding Isaiah Joe and Robert Woodard.

current consensus big board:
Spoiler:
1. Anthony Edwards
2. LaMelo Ball
3. James Wiseman
4. Killian Hayes
5. Deni Avdija
6. Tyrese Haliburton
7. Isaac Okoro
8. Cole Anthony
9. Onyeka Okongwu
10. Devin Vassell
11. Obi Toppin
12. R.J. Hampton
13. Tyrese Maxey
14. Kira Lewis Jr.
15. Aaron Nesmith
16. Aleksej Pokusevski
17. Patrick Williams
18. Josh Green
19. Jaden McDaniels
20. Paul Reed
21. Grant Riller
22. Saddiq Bey
23. Theo Maledon
24. Precious Achiuwa
25. Tyler Bey
26. ???

Who is going to be #26?
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Re: consensus big board -- who is #26? 

Post#2 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:38 pm

1. Scrubb
2. Nnaji

Not sure how Scrubb has "low feel" for the game. When I watch him, his feel is good and he has a quick first step and legit pull-up ability and could be a three-level scorer at the next level with above average athleticism. His potential is pretty high, it's just going to take time to adjust to the NBA but he's got good size and tools at 6'6" with a 6'9" wingspan and around a ~8'6" standing reach.

Nnaji can defend out to the perimeter but needs work on his interior D. He has a strong mid-range game which offers stretch potential in it of itself but could potentially stretch further out to the 3. He's going to be able to guard P&Rs at the next level at 6'10" with a 7'1 wingspan and around a ~9'0" standing reach.

[twitter] @thunderdustin
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#3 » by No-Man » Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:43 pm

This is between Bolmaro, Nnaji and Jones, I am sticking to Bolmaro who should have gone higher, Jones as a 2nd choice but it's close
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#4 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:43 pm

Stewy, Bolmaro or Nico here
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:49 pm

Isaiah and Ramsey are the best prospects on this board I do like the Woodard addition but probably a bit premature
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Post#6 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:45 pm

My 'other' is Xavier Tillman, went with Bolmaro as well. Love his ball skills.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,184

Post#7 » by clyde21 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:50 pm

Tillman's a good choice here late in the 20s
The-Power
General Manager
And1: 9,079

Post#8 » by The-Power » Tue Jun 16, 2020 5:50 pm

Bolmaro and Mason Jones again. I would agree with adding Tillman to the poll, he's probably a late first, perhaps early second round pick for me.
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#9 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 pm

babyjax13 wrote:My 'other' is Xavier Tillman, went with Bolmaro as well. Love his ball skills.

Tillman is such a Jazz-y pick. I'm going to pretend like you aren't biased and calculating team needs :P

I have him early 30s on BB.

I just can't see taking Bolmaro this high. I get the upside but he has A LOT of things to work on offensively and his shooting is pretty poor at this point. If someone could sell me on his shooting upside, I might change my viewpoint, but as a guard/wing in this league, you can't do a whole lot if you can't shoot. Teams will just sag on you making it way to easy to defend Bolmaro.

His AST/TOV ratio is worrisome.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,277

Post#10 » by babyjax13 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:10 pm

getrichordie wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:My 'other' is Xavier Tillman, went with Bolmaro as well. Love his ball skills.

Tillman is such a Jazz-y pick. I'm going to pretend like you aren't biased and calculating team needs :P

I think that bigs who are good in the short roll and can ping the ball into the corners are really valuable. A team like Golden State, Utah, or some other team with a bunch of shooters would really benefit from having him in the rotation.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#11 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:13 pm

babyjax13 wrote:
getrichordie wrote:

I think that bigs who are good in the short roll and can ping the ball into the corners are really valuable. A team like Golden State, Utah, or some other team with a bunch of shooters would really benefit from having him in the rotation.

No doubt, but I don't take into account team needs when evaluating prospects. He is a good fit on certain teams but from a general feel for him as a player, he doesn't have a ton of upside and he's on the smaller side. I think there are other guys who have a little more upside to offer but I can see someone going with him as a nice safe pick and getting themselves a solid bench big.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#12 » by Catchall » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:16 pm

Bolmaro should have gone a few spots ago.
Ramsey should be getting picked right about now.
I think Reggie Perry is very likely going to be a better player than Grant Williams.
Elijah Hughes is going to start showing up on some teams' radars at this stage.
Some teams like Zeke Nnaji as this year's rim runner with big hair. Measurements are going to be key for him.
Vernon Carey is going to kill teams like the Rockets that play small, but I don't know if he guards on the other end. I wonder if he can lose 10 - 15 lbs., hit 3s and be Jontay Porter without the injuries.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#13 » by RiotPunch » Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:34 pm

Bolmaro / Joe

Bolmaro is a borderline lottery talent. Elite, menacing POA defense, fabulous vision as a passer, master manipulator and advantage creator.

Joe is the most dynamic shooter in this class, IMO. Pure, sound mechanics with an ultra-quick release, regardless of the situation, his shot does not change. He already has an NBA level repertoire of step-backs and crossovers to create space in isolation, he is equally as dangerous in C&S. Defensively he is really good as well, his main issue being strength. He does need to continue to add mass, but the skill-set screams NBA starting wing.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#14 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:14 pm

Catchall wrote:Bolmaro should have gone a few spots ago.
Ramsey should be getting picked right about now.
I think Reggie Perry is very likely going to be a better player than Grant Williams.
Elijah Hughes is going to start showing up on some teams' radars at this stage.
Some teams like Zeke Nnaji as this year's rim runner with big hair. Measurements are going to be key for him.
Vernon Carey is going to kill teams like the Rockets that play small, but I don't know if he guards on the other end. I wonder if he can lose 10 - 15 lbs., hit 3s and be Jontay Porter without the injuries.

Reggie Perry is pretty bad. A lot of people have him going undrafted. He's not going to be better than Grant Williams. This is a joke, right?

In 22 GP v. top 143 teams (worse PAC-12 team was 143rd)

19.1 TOV% ... so he turns the ball over on almost 1/5 of his possessions (indicative of poor awareness and bad decision-making)
1.3 STL% (bad)
66.4% at rim (average)
32.7% on far 2s ... (bad)
3.7 BLK% (bad)

Basically he's a good rebounder and good free-throw shooter and can finish around the rim well enough but he doesn't project to be a good defender as evidenced by BLK% and STL% as well as his 1.3 DBPM (0.2 last year). His highlights make him look better than he actually is.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#15 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:18 pm

Terrible shooter beyond the break/ meh charity stripe %/ Horendous rebounder... no no no y'all .Bolmaro is a fringe first rounder in a weak as hell class and probably goes mid 2nd at 175lbs soaking wet if he is lucky
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#16 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:38 pm

Stillwater wrote:Terrible shooter beyond the break/ meh charity stripe %/ Horendous rebounder... no no no y'all .Bolmaro is a fringe first rounder in a weak as hell class and probably goes mid 2nd at 175lbs soaking wet if he is lucky

We finally agree on something! (Jones, too)

I feel like if me and you agree, it's probably true. :lol:
[twitter] @thunderdustin
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#17 » by getrichordie » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:40 pm

Jalen Smith this high is a travesty.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,247

Post#18 » by Catchall » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:29 pm

Stillwater wrote:Terrible shooter beyond the break/ meh charity stripe %/ Horendous rebounder... no no no y'all .Bolmaro is a fringe first rounder in a weak as hell class and probably goes mid 2nd at 175lbs soaking wet if he is lucky

I disagree. I still think Bolmaro can be Gordon Hayward-meets-Ricky Rubio, which gives him more upside than the others on the board at this stage. By the time he's 21, he should be 205 lbs and hitting over 35% on his spot-up 3s.

I wouldn't obsess about an 18 or 19 year-old's Euroleague stats in limited minutes. You're talking about a sample size of ~65 3pt shot attempts to conclude he can't shoot. With that sample, every make or miss shifts his percentage 1.7%.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
getrichordie
General Manager

Post#19 » by getrichordie » Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:10 am

I still don't understand Jalen Smith getting this much love. Can someone please sell me on him and what his role in the NBA is? Would rather have Tillman, Richards, or Oturu. No one has talked about him. Feels like people are just going to tankathon and then voting based on that :lol: :roll:
[twitter] @thunderdustin
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#20 » by RiotPunch » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:14 am

getrichordie wrote:I still don't understand Jalen Smith getting this much love. Can someone please sell me on him and what his role in the NBA is? Would rather have Tillman, Richards, or Oturu. No one has talked about him. Feels like people are just going to tankathon and then voting based on that :lol: :roll:

Full disclosure, I have not cast any votes for him yet, but I do feel like I am one of the more Pro-Jalen guys on here (he's fluctuated from ~20-40 on my BB).

I watch a sickening amount of Big Ten basketball as I am a diehard Badger fan, and I would rank the conference bigs as follows:

1. Xavier Tillman
2. Jalen Smith
3. Kaleb Wesson
4. Luka Garza
5. Daniel Oturu

What makes Jalen #2 for me is his modern NBA toolbox. He is a good rim-protector, can knock down shots from long range both off PnP and off of movement, good rebounder (specifically good offensive rebounder), explosive leaper and lob target. High character, plays hard, unselfish. I actually saw him live this past year, and he was clearly the best player on the floor (which isn't saying much playing against my Badgers). He can be a little stiff moving laterally, but I've also seen him hang when switched onto guards. He can't handle for **** or create for himself, that's not the type of player he is.

Probably would do best in a drop scheme with a skilled PnR handler on offense, but could certainly see Myles Turner/Dewayne Dedmon-ish outcomes for him. Worth a 1st for the right squad, IMO.

Oturu is a low-feel black hole, stay away. Poor man's Kabengele.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis

Return to NBA Draft