ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer of the following prospects?

Desmond Bane
41%
Saddiq Bey
3%
RJ Hampton
3%
Kira Lewis Jr
14%
Tyrese Maxey
7%
Aaron Nesmith
7%
Isaac Okoro
3%
Jalen Smith
7%
Tyrell Terry
7%
Patrick Williams
7%

Total votes: 29

Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,092

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch 

Post#621 » by Frank Lee » Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:31 am

DeKleine....arent you forgetting somebody ?

Spoiler:
psyche :eyebrows:
What ? Me Worry ?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,380

Post#622 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:02 am

I'm still very high on somehow possibly trading back with one of Orlando, Minnesota, Dallas, or Boston. I just feel like there's a really good opportunity to potentially extract additional value in return. And also quite possibly return some veteran pieces that will be ready to contribute for our bench, And overall progression. :nod:

Orlando-

Oubre / 10th pick for Gordon/ James Ennis 3rd/ 15th pick.
15- Draft Aaron Nesmith.
******* Trade Diallo/ Okobo to Charlotte for the 32nd pick.
Draft- Draft Grant Riller.
Draft Result- Aaron Gordon/ James Ennis 3rd/ Aaron Nesmith/ Grant Riller.

OR
Just the 10th pick FOR James Ennis 3rd/ 15th/ 45th pick.
*** IF this deal goes down, I then look to package Kaminsky/ Diallo/ 45th pick to Denver for Keita bates Diop the 21st pick. So we end up with the 15th, and the 21st.

15- Draft Kira Lewis.
21- Draft Jalen Smith.
*** Lastly, We trade Okobo to Atlanta for the 52ndpick.
52- Draft Skylar Mays.
Draft Result-James Ennis 3rd/ Kieta Bates Diop/ Kira Lewis/ Jalen Smith/ Skylar Mays.

Minnesota-
The 10th pick FOR Spellman/ 16/ 33rd pick.

16- Draft Aaron Nesmith.
33- Draft Paul Reed.
*** Lastly, We trade Kaminsky/ Diallo/Okobo to Dallas for the 31st pick.
31- Draft Grant Riller.
Draft Result-Omari Spellman/ Aaron Nesmith/ Paul Reed/ Grant Riller.

Boston-
The 10th pick FOR 17th / 26th picks.
17- Draft Kira Lewis.
26- Draft Tyler Bey.
********Trade Diallo/ Okobo to Charlotte for the 32nd pick.
32- Draft Paul Reed.
Draft Result - Kira Lewis/ Tyler Bey/ Paul Reed.

Dallas-
The 10th pick/ Kaminsky/ Diallo FOR Delon Wright/ 18/ 31.
18- Draft Tyler Bey.
31- Killian Tillie.
********Trade Okobo to Atlanta for the 52nd pick.
52- Draft Skylar Mays.
Draft Result-Delon Wright/Tyler Bey/ Killian Tillie/ Skylar Mays.

Any of these draft night deals, Plus still having the majority of our cap space for free agency would be a big win for us in my book! :D
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,039

Post#623 » by Crives » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:24 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:I'm still very high on somehow possibly trading back with one of Orlando, Minnesota, Dallas, or Boston. I just feel like there's a really good opportunity to potentially extract additional value in return. And also quite possibly return some veteran pieces that will be ready to contribute for our bench, And overall progression. :nod:

Orlando-

15- Draft Aaron Nesmith.

OR
*** IF this deal goes down, I then look to package Kaminsky/ Diallo/ 45th pick to Denver for Keita bates Diop the 21st pick. So we end up with the 15th, and the 21st.

15- Draft Kira Lewis.
21- Draft Jalen Smith.
52- Draft Skylar Mays.
Draft Result-James Ennis 3rd/ Kieta Bates Diop/ Kira Lewis/ Jalen Smith/ Skylar Mays.

Minnesota-

16- Draft Aaron Nesmith.
33- Draft Paul Reed.
31- Draft Grant Riller.

Boston-
17- Draft Kira Lewis.
26- Draft Tyler Bey.
32- Draft Paul Reed.

Dallas-
18- Draft Tyler Bey.
31- Killian Tillie.
52- Draft Skylar Mays.

Any of these draft night deals, Plus still having the majority of our cap space for free agency would be a big win for us in my book! :D

I have a feeling Kira Lewis is going higher then 15-17
Crives
General Manager

Post#624 » by Crives » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:31 am

I know you can never have enough wings.. but I worry that drafting another wing is going to cause chemistry issues unless we move Oubre this summer.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#625 » by Ghost of Kleine » Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:02 am

Crives wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:I'm still very high on somehow possibly trading back with one of Orlando, Minnesota, Dallas, or Boston. I just feel like there's a really good opportunity to potentially extract additional value in return. And also quite possibly return some veteran pieces that will be ready to contribute for our bench, And overall progression. :nod:

Orlando-

15- Draft Aaron Nesmith.

OR

15- Draft Kira Lewis.
21- Draft Jalen Smith.
52- Draft Skylar Mays.

Minnesota-

16- Draft Aaron Nesmith.
33- Draft Paul Reed.
31- Draft Grant Riller.

Boston-
17- Draft Kira Lewis.
26- Draft Tyler Bey.
32- Draft Paul Reed.

Dallas-
18- Draft Tyler Bey.
31- Killian Tillie.
52- Draft Skylar Mays.

Definitely could be, And IF we find his range to be earlier than the 12-15 range, Then I'd strongly consider just taking him at 10, And then looking to try and package Diallo and Okobo to either Charlotte or Dallas for the 31st pick ( Dallas) or the 32nd pick ( Charlotte). But getting Lewis would be KEY to our Backup point guard replacement for Rubio. So if we could draft Lewis at 10, Then acquire the 31st or 32nd pick through trade, We could then take either Tyler Bey **** IF he falls to 31, 32. Otherwise draft Paul Reed.

However, IF we decide that we're not that high on him for our plans, Then I'd absolutely look to trade back for the type of additional assets I've mentioned in the above post. Apart from drafting Lewis at 10, I could still be quite content with any of those trade back scenarios, As long as it meant landing some combination of Tyler Bey and Jalen Smith or Paul Reed. I think the best possible trade back scenario that we could possibly hope for would still be IF we could trade back with Boston for the 17th and the 26th pick. Having those specific picks would allow us to at least get two of those 3 players. I'd prioritize Tyler Bey at 17, And then Jalen Smith OR Paul Reed at 26. I can feel comfortable with either Smith or Reed with Bey, As both have the potential to also fill in at the 5 for brief periods. And Bey could fill in as another versatile defensive backup 3/4. And compliment Cams' offense with his defense.

Anyways, Ideally, I hope it could play out something like this:

Phoenix/ Boston-
The 10th pick for the 17th and 26th pick.
17- Tyler Bey.
26- Jalen Smith OR Paul Reed.

*****Then look to package Kaminsky/ Diallo to Dallas for the 31st pick.
31- Draft Grant Riller or Malachi Flynn.

So again, IF Kira isn't there by 15-17, The plan then becomes:

- Tyler Bey.
For ELITE defensive playmaking and ELITE rebounding at the backup 3/4. Can also help Bridges lockdown the perimeter.

-Jalen Smith.
For elite shotblocking and rebounding, AND also solid floor spacing ( ** near 37% from three).

-Grant Riller.
For ELITE penetration and scoring, AND for breaking down opposing defenses, and making big shots and clutch plays.

I'd see our post draft night roster as looking something like this:

- Rubio/ Riller/ Carter.
- Booker/ Bridges/ Jerome.
-Bridges/ Bey / Oubre.
- Oubre/ Smith/ Cam.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Smith.

And for " Point Book" situations.

- Booker/ Rubio/ Carter.
- Bridges/ Cam/ Jerome.
- Oubre/ Bey/ Cam.
- Smith/ Oubre/ Bridges.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Smith.
Or something along those lines. :wink:
*** Riller off the bench in a 6th man role for scoring.
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,804

Post#626 » by RedIndian » Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:19 am

Man, Lamelo is such a tantalising prospect. There's a question mark around that shot, but man his ball handling and passing is genuinely elite. If that shot gets cleaned up, and he fills out a bit, I think he could be a Luka-level talent.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
darmani
Sixth Man
And1: 2,724

Post#627 » by darmani » Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:15 pm

Read on Twitter
"Can’t talk basketball with everybody" - Devin Booker
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#628 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:46 pm

darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

Is there a list of prospects that will be invited to Orlando for interviews/ measurements/ etc. Any info whatsoever on how they intend to format this possibility? Either way though, It's encouraging to know that the suns front office exploring big man options as well as guard options, Considering that they're both critical positional issues that need to be addressed.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#629 » by Ghost of Kleine » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:48 pm

darmani wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Anyone have an insider access?
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#630 » by Ghost of Kleine » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:10 pm

A brief reminder of why Grant Riller is a terrific option that needs to be a priority consideration for our backup guard in a trade back scenario.

Riller had his true shooting percentage above 60% and usage percentage above 30% in each of his last two seasons. Here are the guards who got picked in the NBA Draft to do that since 2010: Jimmer Fredette, Damian Lillard (twice), C.J. McCollum, Buddy Hield and Ja Morant.

Riller’s handle has an excellent combination of being tight with exceptional burst. Most importantly, he’s got a strong frame and embraces contact so he can carry guys on his shoulder and finish through them.

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Read on Twitter
?s=09

Alot of people are only aware of Rillers' elite ability to get to the rim/ score. He's nearly unstoppable at that!!! :nod: But they have also voiced concerns that he's not a good passer/ playmaker, But just watch below, And you be the judge? :o
In this video, You have to check out his ELITE playmaking/ passing ability. He's really elite in so many things. And not just in his iso scoring and clutch shotmaking.

Crives
General Manager

Post#631 » by Crives » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:11 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Crives wrote:

Orlando-

15- Draft Aaron Nesmith.

OR

15- Draft Kira Lewis.
21- Draft Jalen Smith.
52- Draft Skylar Mays.

Minnesota-

16- Draft Aaron Nesmith.
33- Draft Paul Reed.
31- Draft Grant Riller.

Boston-
17- Draft Kira Lewis.
26- Draft Tyler Bey.
32- Draft Paul Reed.

Dallas-
18- Draft Tyler Bey.
31- Killian Tillie.
52- Draft Skylar Mays.

Definitely could be, And IF we find his range to be earlier than the 12-15 range, Then I'd strongly consider just taking him at 10, And then looking to try and package Diallo and Okobo to either Charlotte or Dallas for the 31st pick ( Dallas) or the 32nd pick ( Charlotte). But getting Lewis would be KEY to our Backup point guard replacement for Rubio. So if we could draft Lewis at 10, Then acquire the 31st or 32nd pick through trade, We could then take either Tyler Bey **** IF he falls to 31, 32. Otherwise draft Paul Reed.

However, IF we decide that we're not that high on him for our plans, Then I'd absolutely look to trade back for the type of additional assets I've mentioned in the above post. Apart from drafting Lewis at 10, I could still be quite content with any of those trade back scenarios, As long as it meant landing some combination of Tyler Bey and Jalen Smith or Paul Reed. I think the best possible trade back scenario that we could possibly hope for would still be IF we could trade back with Boston for the 17th and the 26th pick. Having those specific picks would allow us to at least get two of those 3 players. I'd prioritize Tyler Bey at 17, And then Jalen Smith OR Paul Reed at 26. I can feel comfortable with either Smith or Reed with Bey, As both have the potential to also fill in at the 5 for brief periods. And Bey could fill in as another versatile defensive backup 3/4. And compliment Cams' offense with his defense.

Phoenix/ Boston-
17- Tyler Bey.

- Tyler Bey.
For ELITE defensive playmaking and ELITE rebounding at the backup 3/4. Can also help Bridges lockdown the perimeter.

-Jalen Smith.
For elite shotblocking and rebounding, AND also solid floor spacing ( ** near 37% from three).

-Grant Riller.
For ELITE penetration and scoring, AND for breaking down opposing defenses, and making big shots and clutch plays.

- Rubio/ Riller/ Carter.
-Bridges/ Bey / Oubre.
- Oubre/ Smith/ Cam.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Smith.

- Booker/ Rubio/ Carter.
- Bridges/ Cam/ Jerome.
- Oubre/ Bey/ Cam.
- Smith/ Oubre/ Bridges.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Smith.

I just hope get get a solid guard to come off the bench in a 6th man role, whether that’s through trading some combination of Oubre and our pick, or FA.

I do love some of the prospects you have been mentioning in the 12-20 range. Keep in mind I think it’s very likely Boston’s pick drops a spot if/when Memphis gets knocked out.
Crives
General Manager

Post#632 » by Crives » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:22 am

How about 10 for 11 + Patty Mills. Especially if we keep Baynes.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#633 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:59 am

Crives wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Crives wrote:

Phoenix/ Boston-
17- Tyler Bey.

- Tyler Bey.

-Jalen Smith.

-Grant Riller.

- Rubio/ Riller/ Carter.
-Bridges/ Bey / Oubre.
- Oubre/ Smith/ Cam.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Smith.

- Booker/ Rubio/ Carter.
- Bridges/ Cam/ Jerome.
- Oubre/ Bey/ Cam.
- Smith/ Oubre/ Bridges.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Smith.

I just hope get get a solid guard to come off the bench in a 6th man role, whether that’s through trading some combination of Oubre and our pick, or FA.

I do love some of the prospects you have been mentioning in the 12-20 range. Keep in mind I think it’s very likely Boston’s pick drops a spot if/when Memphis gets knocked out.

I totally agree man! I emphatically want us to trade back with Boston for their 17th and 26th or 17th and 30th picks. Or to Dallas for the 18th/31st picks, Using the 10th pick. And IF we could somehow trade The 10th pick/ Kaminsky for the 17/ 26/30th picks with Boston, That'd be amazing! However, IF by some chance, Boston wasn't willing to do the 17, 26 and 30, I'd still be cool with it. Heck, I'd maybe even do it for the 17 and 30. But then look to package Diallo and Okobo to Dallas for their 31st pick. Or to Charlotte for the 32nd. Then draft either Quickly or Bolmero (* IF I thought I could develop him along the lines of a Dragic 2.0). And also depending upon which direction I go at 17( or 18 :wink: ) should their Memphis pick fall one spot??? There's just so many solid options in those ranges honestly.

But for me personally, IF Kira is off the board before we'd pick at 17 or 18? Then I'd for sure look to either one of these potential combinations for the draft:
**( With Riller being key here!).

Option 1- My favorite option!!!

17- Jalen Smith. ** Ibaka.
26- Grant Riller. *** Fred Van Vleet/ McCollum.
30- Immanuel Quickly. *** Seth Curry/ Ben Gordon.

OR
Option 2- My 2nd Favorite option!

17- Aaron Nesmith. *** Ray Allen/ Michael Redd.
26- Tyler Bey. *** Shawn Marion/ Matisse Thybulle.
30- Grant Riller. *** Fred Van Vleet/McCollum.

However, IF we do end up with the 17/30/31 or 32, Then I'd also look at this combination:

Option 3- My Other favorite option tied with 1. :wink: I mean, IF you could add a CJ McCollum/ Seth Curry/ Jerami Grant to our team, Wouldn't you just have to?

17- Precious Achiuwa **( Jerami Grant role).
30- Grant Riller. ** ( Fred van Vleet/ McCollum role).
31- Immanuel Quickly. *** Seth Curry/ Ray Allen 6th man sniper combo guard/ microwave scorer role).

OR

30- Leandro Bolmero. ** Dragic.
31- Immanuel Quickly ** Seth Curry.
Crives
General Manager

Post#634 » by Crives » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:04 am

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Crives wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:

Phoenix/ Boston-
17- Tyler Bey.

- Tyler Bey.

-Jalen Smith.

-Grant Riller.

- Rubio/ Riller/ Carter.
-Bridges/ Bey / Oubre.
- Oubre/ Smith/ Cam.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Smith.

- Booker/ Rubio/ Carter.
- Bridges/ Cam/ Jerome.
- Oubre/ Bey/ Cam.
- Smith/ Oubre/ Bridges.
- Ayton/ Baynes/ Smith.

I totally agree man! I emphatically want us to trade back with Boston for their 17th and 26th or 17th and 30th picks. Or to Dallas for the 18th/31st picks, Using the 10th pick. And IF we could somehow trade The 10th pick/ Kaminsky for the 17/ 26/30th picks with Boston, That'd be amazing! However, IF by some chance, Boston wasn't willing to do the 17, 26 and 30, I'd still be cool with it. Heck, I'd maybe even do it for the 17 and 30. But then look to package Diallo and Okobo to Dallas for their 31st pick. Or to Charlotte for the 32nd. Then draft either Quickly or Bolmero (* IF I thought I could develop him along the lines of a Dragic 2.0). And also depending upon which direction I go at 17( or 18 :wink: ) should their Memphis pick fall one spot??? There's just so many solid options in those ranges honestly.

But for me personally, IF Kira is off the board before we'd pick at 17 or 18? Then I'd for sure look to either one of these potential combinations for the draft:

OR

However, IF we do end up with the 17/30/31 or 32, Then I'd also look at this combination:

Option 3- My Other favorite option tied with 1. :wink: I mean, IF you could add a CJ McCollum/ Seth Curry/ Jerami Grant to our team, Wouldn't you just have to?

31- Immanuel Quickly. *** Seth Curry/ Ray Allen 6th man sniper combo guard/ microwave scorer role).

OR

Watching more tape tonight.
I think I am all in on Kira Lewis at 10.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#635 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:38 am

Crives wrote:How about 10 for 11 + Patty Mills. Especially if we keep Baynes.

Not bad, But I think I'd prefer to trade back a little further, IF it meant we could acquire more assets, AND also address multiple roster needs. I really like the possibility of the 10 and Kaminsky for Delon Wright and the 18th/31st picks. Or even the 10/ Kaminsky for just Delon Wright/ 18th pick.
** Then I'd look to trade Diallo and Okobo to Charlotte for the 32nd pick.
18- Jalen Smith.
32- Immanuel Quickly. Or instead............

18- Draft Saddiq Bey ( Backup 4).
32- Paul Reed ( Backup 3/5)??
OR IF we actually move Oubre, Then I'd do Oubre / 10 to Orlando for Gordon/ 15th pick. Then I'd package Kaminsky and Okobo to Dallas for the 31.

15- Draft Kira Lewis.
31- Draft Immanuel Quickly.
43- Elijah Hughes.
Lastly I would trade Diallo to Sacramento for the 43rd pick, And then draft Elijah Hughes **( mini Oubre).
So we'd walk out of draft night with a Super quick potent scoring back court, A very athletic and versatile scoring 3, And Aaron Gordon for our 3 and D power forward whose on a more cost effective contract.

Or if you're really clever, You do the Orlando trade, Get Gordon/ James Ennis 3rd/ 15th pick. And then you trade Kaminsky/ Diallo and a future conditional 2nd to Dallas for the 18th pick. Now you................
15- Draft Aaron Nesmith.
18- Draft Kira Lewis.
Lastly you trade Okobo to Atlanta for the 52nd pick. And you draft Skylar Mays. . So in this scenario, You walk out of draft night with Aaron Gordon/ James Ennis/ Kira Lewis/ Aaron Nesmith/Skylar Mays. So your lineup would look something like:

Rubio/ Booker/ Bridges/ Gordon/ Ayton.
Lewis/ Ennis/ Cam/ Saric/ Baynes.
*** Saric resigned at 6 million.
***Skylar Mays (* 6th man microwave scorer).
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#636 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:51 am

Crives wrote:
Ghost of Kleine wrote:
Crives wrote:

OR

OR

Watching more tape tonight.
I think I am all in on Kira Lewis at 10.

I could be happy with Lewis at 10, I think. But then I'd still prefer to somehow trade Kaminsky and Okobo to Dallas for the 18th pick. Then I'd draft Jalen Smith to be our backup 4/5. And then I'd look to trade Diallo / Jerome and a future protected 2nd to Charlotte for the 32nd pick with the intention of drafting Immanuel Quickly. I just am wildly intrigued by a super potent bench backcourt combo of Lewis/ Quickly. ELITE speed/ penetration and lethal shooting! :D And then in the frontcourt, Jalen Smith could help Ayton/ Oubre lockdown the post, and help offer strong rim protection/ rebounding and floor spacing as well.
Jay_Sizzle
Senior
And1: 526

Post#637 » by Jay_Sizzle » Thu Jun 18, 2020 5:02 pm

This draft seems to have good talent for the Sun's needs. I really like many of the prospects mentioned. Lewis and Riller both have a ton of potential. The stretch PF's also look to be a good match.

If he fell, I think Vassell would be really fun on this team. Vassell and Bridges would be a ton of fun to watch defensively.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#638 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:12 am

Frank Lee wrote:DeKleine....arent you forgetting somebody ?

Spoiler:
psyche :eyebrows:

:lol: for sure..... :wink: But luckily there's still more time to fit a few more in if needed huh?...lol

So do you have any 1 prospect that you find to be a good fit for the team, Or a trade that you see benefiting us using the pick by chance man? :D

For me honestly, I'd prefer Riller, As he's already 23, is very poised and tough with high basketball IQ, And is just ELITE at getting to the rim and scoring. He'd create a ton of gravity for Booker/ Cam/ Oubre. He's just ready to contribute from the jump. If nothing else, I have him at 1 on my board at 10. With Lewis being 2nd.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#639 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:51 am

Jay_Sizzle wrote:This draft seems to have good talent for the Sun's needs. I really like many of the prospects mentioned. Lewis and Riller both have a ton of potential. The stretch PF's also look to be a good match.

If he fell, I think Vassell would be really fun on this team. Vassell and Bridges would be a ton of fun to watch defensively.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Vassell would definitely be awesome! I mean imagine having two versatile potential elite defensive stoppers that can lock down opposing teams on the perimeter. Vassell at the 2, And Bridges at the 3. Our defense would be much improved. And IF we took Vassell at 10, I'd then look for sure to trade for Riller in the early 20s'. And then maybe buy an early to mid 2nd from either Philly or Sacramento **( Both need cash relief) and then draft Paul Reed to be a defensive backup 4/5. So basically, Vassell/ Riller/ Reed.

But I'm also very intrigued by the idea of a Grant Riller/ Immanuel Quickly Backcourt bench option, OR a Kira Lewis/ Immanuel Quickly backcourt option. Grant Riller is #1 on my board at 10 or later, As he's just so savvy and elite at getting to the rim and scoring and clutch play. He's been compared to CJ McCollum by many draft analysts and scouts. :o

And Kira Lewis is strongly at # 2 on my big board at 10 or later, As he's got such great speed and intangibles. He's been compared by many nba analysts and scouts to Dennis Schroder.

And Immanuel Quickly could be a very good COST EFFECTIVE 6th man scorer for us with a late first/ early 2nd round pick. Like a really quick version of Seth Curry. So in certain situations with "Point Book" as well, You could run Book at the 1, and have either Riller or Lewis penetrate to the hoop creating immense gravity, Whilst Booker/ Cam and/or Quickly spot up for three around the perimeter. Just imagine pairing Booker and Riller ( McCollum) or a Booker and Lewis ( Schroder) backcourt for the future??? :rock: :pray:

Either of Riller or Lewis would give us an absolutely lethal inside/out game with their ELITE ability to break down defenses and score at the rim. And again, You pick up Quickly to be a dual LETHAL 3pt scoring threat with Cam on the perimeter, whilst Ayton dominates in the paint.

That would only require our pick and then to acquire a late first/ early 2nd round pick. ( Should be easy enough in this particular draft).

Now I would honestly like to also add 3 and D depth at the 4, IF we initiate a trade back scenario, Using some combination of Kaminsky/ Diallo/ Okobo to some team in the late first to early 20s'. My favorite prospects being Jalen Smith ( 1) for his diverse yet ELITE ability to not only block shots at a high level, But to also rebound and hit threes at a high level too. And I have them at

1 - Jalen Smith. Range in the early - mid 20s'.
2 - Tyler Bey. Range in the mid to late first round.
3 - Paul Reed. Late first- early 2nd round.
But again, Overall, IF we only add one draft pick, My big board is as follows for now. Assuming prospect availability at 10:

1- Grant Riller. *** CJ McCollum.
2- Kira Lewis. *** Dennis Schroder.
3- Jalen Smith. *** Serge Ibaka.
4- Tyler Bey. *** Shawn Marion/ Otto Porter.
5- Paul Reed. *** Pascal Siakim ( defense) Al Fariq Aminu ( offense).
6- *** Immanuel Quickly. (* Jamal Crawford/ Seth Curry type) 6th man scoring option off the bench. Plenty of super solid options obviously. :D

The ideal draft night scenario would ultimately have us taking one of either: Riller or Lewis at 10, Then using the combination of players mentioned above to trade back with a team for a late first/ Early 2nd to secure a 3 and D big., Or a very versatile Tyler Bey ( as a small ball ELITE versatile defensive 3/4 option. And additionally as Oubre insurance for us. But as long as we are guaranteed to take one of Riller or Lewis, I will be happy with our draft. :wink:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets

Post#640 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:19 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/grant-riller-2020-nba-draft-scouting-report/

Return to Phoenix Suns