ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions 

Post#301 » by Jedzz » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:38 am

RiotPunch wrote:If teams are granted an amnesty provision, would we use it? If so, on whom?

Contract gets wiped from your cap, but you still have to pay the amnestied player off the books.

DJ comes to mind, but ditching his salary likely won't help us in tax gymnastics, especially if the threshold lowers.

Wouldn't Middletons 30-40/per season work out nicely?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#302 » by RiotPunch » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:11 am

Jedzz wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:If teams are granted an amnesty provision, would we use it? If so, on whom?

Contract gets wiped from your cap, but you still have to pay the amnestied player off the books.

DJ comes to mind, but ditching his salary likely won't help us in tax gymnastics, especially if the threshold lowers.

Wouldn't Middletons 30-40/per season work out nicely?

A year ago I would have believed so, but mans leveled up this season and is worth every penny at the moment.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Fresh_Prince12
Head Coach
And1: 2,184

Post#303 » by Fresh_Prince12 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:38 am

See if we can use it against the dead cap. That’s like 9 mil?
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#304 » by LuessiT » Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:41 pm

Candidates we'd at least have to talk about: Wilson, Brook Lopez, Antetokounmpbro. Not sure if you can amnesty dead money. Not sure if you can trade for a contract and amnesty that. If so there'd be a bunch of enticing trade proposals.

Assuming you can't trade & amnesty and you can't amnesty dead money I'd amnesty DJ.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,981

Post#305 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Bropez is also worth every penny.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#306 » by skones » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:44 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Bropez is also worth every penny.

At current sure. With that being said, his size, age, injury history, inability to shoot the three this year, etc. are questions that have a lot of validity to them relative to contract length.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#307 » by LuessiT » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:56 pm

skones wrote:

At current sure. With that being said, his size, age, injury history, inability to shoot the three this year, etc. are questions that have a lot of validity to them relative to contract length.

Exactly where I'm at. I do think he's valueable to the team but in this thinking excercise he's one of the more likely candidates. I doubt we'd amnesty anyone (maybe Wilson if the FO has given up on him and can't find a sucker to take him). It's amazing that our worst contract is on a rookie deal. Quite a turnaround.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,981

Post#308 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:27 pm

skones wrote:

Defensively he's top three in the league with Embiid and Gobert, and he's critical to the Bucks scheme. I don't see that changing over the next two years.
engelmartin
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,871

Post#309 » by engelmartin » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:48 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:

Defensively he's top three in the league with Embiid and Gobert, and he's critical to the Bucks scheme. I don't see that changing over the next two years.

Marc Gasol is another one, still holding it down at 35. He's kind of a testament to why it'll be a good idea to keep Brook around. He's similarly injury-plagued, but positional defense and the ability to stretch the floor from the five age like fine wine in the current NBA.
KnicksGod wrote:Middleton probably the most underrated player in NBA History
machu46
General Manager
And1: 3,640

Post#310 » by machu46 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:28 pm

Certainly don't think Middleton or Brook are worth amnestying right now. They're clearly playing up to their respective contracts. But I think it's within the realm of possibility that one of them is worth using it on in the future, especially if the salary cap tanks. Extremely happy to have them on the team right now though.
trwi7 wrote:**** me deep, Giannis. ****. Me. Deep.
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,256

Post#311 » by FlagsFlyForever » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:51 am

skones wrote:

It's a legit concern when we're not title contenders.
Read on Twitter
brettski
Analyst
And1: 1,731

Post#312 » by brettski » Sun Jun 21, 2020 1:17 pm

Arnovitz has Lopez first team all D. Lowe considered him for it. He's also probably one of our best "we need a bucket" guys and you'd consider amnesty him?? Sheesh
MilBucksBackOnTop06 wrote:Mark my words....Gooden will be this year's teams MVP. Watch and see.....

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=1139340&start=15&p=29252753&view=show#p29252753
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,365

Post#313 » by M-C-G » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:10 pm

brettski wrote:Arnovitz has Lopez first team all D. Lowe considered him for it. He's also probably one of our best "we need a bucket" guys and you'd consider amnesty him?? Sheesh

This is where I am at. We literally have the best roster we have had, maybe ever, certainly in the last 30 plus years. We have no bad contracts for the first time in probably 30 years. We have the best chemistry we have had in the last 30 plus years.

Keep this band together and let them get some rings. We aren't even in the luxury tax, why would we mess with it?
SkilesTheLimit
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,795

Post#314 » by SkilesTheLimit » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:31 pm

The fact its hard to come up with even one candidate to amnesty is a good sign for the state of our franchise. Just a few short years ago, we could've compiled a nice long list of candidates.
We're going to turn this team around 360 degrees.
- Jason Kidd
Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Post#315 » by Xanadu » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:49 pm

If we can find the cap space I would love to make a play for J. Grant. His shooting and defense would be the perfect fit in GIannis 5 lineups. His ability to switch on the perimeter would be super valuable. It would allow Bud to adjust to a switching D whenever he needed to. Grant would give us the flexibility to make adjustments easily. His toughness would also be a welcome addition.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#316 » by M-C-G » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:03 pm

Xanadu wrote:If we can find the cap space I would love to make a play for J. Grant. His shooting and defense would be the perfect fit in GIannis 5 lineups. His ability to switch on the perimeter would be super valuable. It would allow Bud to adjust to a switching D whenever he needed to. Grant would give us the flexibility to make adjustments easily. His toughness would also be a welcome addition.

I don't really see him turning down a 9M player option to get some kind exemption level contract with us. I guess you could see if they want Ersan and DJ for him in a trade, otherwise no idea how that deal gets done.
Xanadu
Sixth Man

Post#317 » by Xanadu » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:15 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Xanadu wrote:If we can find the cap space I would love to make a play for J. Grant. His shooting and defense would be the perfect fit in GIannis 5 lineups. His ability to switch on the perimeter would be super valuable. It would allow Bud to adjust to a switching D whenever he needed to. Grant would give us the flexibility to make adjustments easily. His toughness would also be a welcome addition.

I don't really see him turning down a 9M player option to get some kind exemption level contract with us. I guess you could see if they want Ersan and DJ for him in a trade, otherwise no idea how that deal gets done.

I really think he turn down his PO for few reasons. Wants a bigger role with more PT. But your right he probably gets a bigger offer than the MLE on the open market. That's why we would need to be creative to find the cap space for him. Ersans NG and Robin turning down his PO would help. Sign Grant before Giannis and have to willing to go into tax. If not Grant, Millsap would be a smart signing. He has a connection to Bud and has the skill set to unlock Giannis 5 lineups.
M-C-G
RealGM

Post#318 » by M-C-G » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:25 pm

Xanadu wrote:
M-C-G wrote:

I really think he turn down his PO for few reasons. Wants a bigger role with more PT. But your right he probably gets a bigger offer than the MLE on the open market. That's why we would need to be creative to find the cap space for him. Ersans NG and Robin turning down his PO would help. Sign Grant before Giannis and have to willing to go into tax. If not Grant, Millsap would be a smart signing. He has a connection to Bud and has the skill set to unlock Giannis 5 lineups.

I haven't looked at Milsaps stats much, but yeah, he is a guy I think you can get on a bargain contract. He made his money and probably just wants a ring at this point. I prefer him on whatever type of exception versus trying to shed contract to get Grant.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,001

Post#319 » by paulpressey25 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:33 pm

Exciting to see this thread bumped and actual roster talk!
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
Xanadu
Sixth Man

Post#320 » by Xanadu » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:45 pm

Giles is another interesting idea for a cheap big. His passing and untapped shooting potential make him a low risk high reward signing imo. Think he could thrive in our defensive scheme and Bud loves bigs with vision. He took full advantage of Horford and Millsap's passing in Atlanta. If Robin turns down his PO, I would take a chance on Giles. If he hits he has the potential to be Brooks replacement.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks