Re: NBA Would 'Likely' Lose Up To $2 Billion In Revenue If Season Canceled

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

NBA Would 'Likely' Lose Up To $2 Billion In Revenue If Season Canceled  

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:14 pm

The NBA would "likely" lose up to $2 billion in revenue should the rest of the season get canceled, according to Bobby Marks of ESPN.

Players would lose $1.25 billion, including $380 million in escrow and $870 million in salary based on the force majeure clause.

League owners could also tear up the current CBA should the rest of the season be canceled. 

Via Bobby Marks/ESPN

NBAFan93
RealGM
And1: 14,221

Post#2 » by NBAFan93 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 7:47 am

Gosh this article sounds like a threat to the players - play or else.

I am getting less hyped about the season restating the more I hear about players not wanting to play - I don’t want to watch guys who are miserable.

And all the over the top anger towards them insulting their basketball skills and character for having the nerve to voice a different opinion than what people want to hear is only making their case - at least that’s how I see it.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#3 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:13 am

NBAFan93 wrote:Gosh this article sounds like a threat to the players - play or else.

I am getting less hyped about the season restating the more I hear about players not wanting to play - I don’t want to watch guys who are miserable.

And all the over the top anger towards them insulting their basketball skills and character for having the nerve to voice a different opinion than what people want to hear is only making their case - at least that’s how I see it.

1. Who told you the players were miserable?
2. This is an ESPN article, NBA is not saying play or else. All players are aware of their collective bargain agreement which contains all of this information. It's not a threat, it's an agreement.
3. The NBA has not insulted their basketball skills and characters. In fact they said they understand the players who want to sit out and give them the option. They just won't be paid.
4. They way you're seeing it is tinted by your own point of view but it's not true.
Ska needs to make a comeback.

Return to Wiretap Discussion