ImageImageImage

If this happens, how would you feel?

Moderators: Domejandro, Worm Guts, Calinks

Neeva
Head Coach
And1: 2,178

Re: If this happens, how would you feel? 

Post#21 » by Neeva » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:24 am

Jedzz wrote:
Neeva wrote:He should get 13-15 million per season anything more is probably overpay.

It seems easy to say such things, but Wolves paid Teague 20/yr, Dieng 16-18/yr, and there are some other names/deals I would rather forget. Here we have a 23 yr old that can really shoot and is known as a full game energizer bunny competitor. I know another big deal hurts and is difficult but I'm really concerned about trying to lowball this guy. Like shrink was sayin, the current financial situation the league is/will be in might impact this. I would just rather not lose him or not piss him off and have him itching to force a trade a year later.

Thibodumb is gone now, thank god!
karch34
Lead Assistant
And1: 685

Post#22 » by karch34 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:27 am

Jedzz wrote:
Neeva wrote:He should get 13-15 million per season anything more is probably overpay.

It seems easy to say such things, but Wolves paid Teague 20/yr, Dieng 16-18/yr, and there are some other names/deals I would rather forget. Here we have a 23 yr old that can really shoot and is known as a full game energizer bunny competitor. I know another big deal hurts and is difficult but I'm really concerned about trying to lowball this guy. Like shrink was sayin, the current financial situation the league is/will be in might impact this. I would just rather not lose him or not piss him off and have him itching to force a trade a year later.

I do think the current situation will have an impact. I believe he turned down 3/30 so I don't think 13-15 insults him, but the previous overpays not just by us have an impact as well. The Dieng contract was in line with the missteps of other teams but Teague was us bidding against ourselves IMO. I kind of view it under years as well. My comfort is like 40/2, 50/3, 60/4 range.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#23 » by Jedzz » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:54 pm

karch34 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

I do think the current situation will have an impact. I believe he turned down 3/30 so I don't think 13-15 insults him, but the previous overpays not just by us have an impact as well. The Dieng contract was in line with the missteps of other teams but Teague was us bidding against ourselves IMO. I kind of view it under years as well. My comfort is like 40/2, 50/3, 60/4 range.

I like the two and three year offers. It let's him think about getting another better contract later when things hopefully iron out a bit. For those that don't want to offer over 15 for him just yet, maybe a 2/30 or 2/34 is enticing enough rather than a 3/30. He outplays it, great for everyone involved and his upcoming next deal. If he flops it somehow, it's only a 2 yr. I suppose it depends on how much he feels the need for a longterm deal right now.
winforlose
General Manager
And1: 3,285

Post#24 » by winforlose » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:21 pm

Jedzz wrote:
karch34 wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

I like the two and three year offers. It let's him think about getting another better contract later when things hopefully iron out a bit. For those that don't want to offer over 15 for him just yet, maybe a 2/30 or 2/34 is enticing enough rather than a 3/30. He outplays it, great for everyone involved and his upcoming next deal. If he flops it somehow, it's only a 2 yr. I suppose it depends on how much he feels the need for a longterm deal right now.

The real variable is how he likes it here. Does he bond with his teammates. Does he feel included by KAT and Dlo. Does he get scared by the prospect of Booker coming in and taking his spot. Living in Denver he is used to cold winters, so hopefully weather won’t be as much of an issue. Also us keeping JH will help us keep MB happy as they were teammates for years and appear to be legit friends. Another variable is the coaching situation. Ryan is close to KAT and thus likely to get another year despite being legit awful at his job. If MB sees Saunders as a soft loser with no control over the team that could cause issues. Especially if MB is a hard nose intense Butler type.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,699

Post#25 » by minimus » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:58 pm

winforlose wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
karch34 wrote:

The real variable is how he likes it here. Does he bond with his teammates. Does he feel included by KAT and Dlo. Does he get scared by the prospect of Booker coming in and taking his spot. Living in Denver he is used to cold winters, so hopefully weather won’t be as much of an issue. Also us keeping JH will help us keep MB happy as they were teammates for years and appear to be legit friends. Another variable is the coaching situation. Ryan is close to KAT and thus likely to get another year despite being legit awful at his job. If MB sees Saunders as a soft loser with no control over the team that could cause issues. Especially if MB is a hard nose intense Butler type.

MIN organization has done everything to make Beasley feel MIN as his home. At the end of the day he is a restricted agent. So his value will depend on market.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#26 » by winforlose » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:06 pm

minimus wrote:
winforlose wrote:
Jedzz wrote:

MIN organization has done everything to make Beasley feel MIN as his home. At the end of the day he is a restricted agent. So his value will depend on market.

It’s true that we have the ability to match. But it’s also true that he doesn’t need to sign the alternative offer to drive up the price on us. I suspect that MB is quite happy here, but the above concerns are real.
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#27 » by Jedzz » Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:49 pm

minimus wrote:

They certainly gave him the minutes and the ball enough. Of course that was with Towns always out and Dlo sometimes out. I wonder if he's had any chance to play with the real full roster at all or will by the time this all has to be sorted out.
winforlose
General Manager

Post#28 » by winforlose » Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:57 pm

Jedzz wrote:
minimus wrote:

They certainly gave him the minutes and the ball enough. Of course that was with Towns always out and Dlo sometimes out. I wonder if he's had any chance to play with the real full roster at all or will by the time this all has to be sorted out.

He got that one game where Dlo was healthy just before KAT went down. It was kinda funny at the time KAT stopped shooting (radically reduced his numbers while still getting over 20 per game,) and everyone thought it was because he had all these new weapons. It turns out it was because his wrist was broken and shooting probably really hurt. What will be interesting is seeing how much shooting KAT does when healthy with Dlo and MB on the floor.
minimus
RealGM
And1: 3,699

Post#29 » by minimus » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:22 am

winforlose wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
minimus wrote:

He got that one game where Dlo was healthy just before KAT went down. It was kinda funny at the time KAT stopped shooting (radically reduced his numbers while still getting over 20 per game,) and everyone thought it was because he had all these new weapons. It turns out it was because his wrist was broken and shooting probably really hurt. What will be interesting is seeing how much shooting KAT does when healthy with Dlo and MB on the floor.

I think the biggest question here is not his shooting, but his overall decision making and how his decision making translates into passing. I mean DLo and KAT will be responsible for balancing our attack. I also believe that our balance in offense might translate in better defense.

Return to Minnesota Timberwolves