Xanadu
Sixth Man
And1: 433

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions 

Post#321 » by Xanadu » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:53 pm

M-C-G wrote:
Xanadu wrote:
M-C-G wrote:
I don't really see him turning down a 9M player option to get some kind exemption level contract with us. I guess you could see if they want Ersan and DJ for him in a trade, otherwise no idea how that deal gets done.

I really think he turn down his PO for few reasons. Wants a bigger role with more PT. But your right he probably gets a bigger offer than the MLE on the open market. That's why we would need to be creative to find the cap space for him. Ersans NG and Robin turning down his PO would help. Sign Grant before Giannis and have to willing to go into tax. If not Grant, Millsap would be a smart signing. He has a connection to Bud and has the skill set to unlock Giannis 5 lineups.

I haven't looked at Milsaps stats much, but yeah, he is a guy I think you can get on a bargain contract. He made his money and probably just wants a ring at this point. I prefer him on whatever type of exception versus trying to shed contract to get Grant.

Yeah Milsap would be a good signing on the vet min. Fore though I really think Grant's athletic ability and defense would be a true difference maker. Think he could unlock another level to this team. His mix of speed strength and shooting are rare. Think he could potentially give us a GS death lineup. He has shot around .400 from three the last two years. He also has a reputation for being a tough player who does the dirty work. Yeah he will cost us but really believe he can have a star impact on this team. He is only 26 not injury prone and a elite athlete.
Bucks fandom bringing me happiness still seems like a dream.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,101

Post#322 » by skones » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:08 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
skones wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:Bropez is also worth every penny.

At current sure. With that being said, his size, age, injury history, inability to shoot the three this year, etc. are questions that have a lot of validity to them relative to contract length.

Defensively he's top three in the league with Embiid and Gobert, and he's critical to the Bucks scheme. I don't see that changing over the next two years.

When you're talking about a guy at his size with a jones fracture history, a lot can change in two years. Availability will be key, obviously. He's integral to what we do. I personally tend to err on Bud using him in a way that caters to his exact strengths rather than him being a true plug and play anywhere top 3 defensive big. I'm not advocating that we amnesty him, but I DO think he presents more risk than some of our other guys.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#323 » by Chuck Diesel » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:53 pm

I could see MJ overpaying Pat Connaughton out of respect for his baseball resume. Pat would be a 25-30 minute a night guy on Charlotte’s roster.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#324 » by AussieBuck » Mon Jun 22, 2020 12:10 am

Lopez might be near a top 3 rim protector but he's nowhere near a top 3 defender. He's massively dependant on Giannis and the guards covering for his lack of mobility. The guy got played off the court in his last two games without GIannis covering his back IIRC.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#325 » by LuessiT » Mon Jun 22, 2020 3:09 am

Xanadu wrote:Yeah Milsap would be a good signing on the vet min. Fore though I really think Grant's athletic ability and defense would be a true difference maker. Think he could unlock another level to this team. His mix of speed strength and shooting are rare. Think he could potentially give us a GS death lineup. He has shot around .400 from three the last two years. He also has a reputation for being a tough player who does the dirty work. Yeah he will cost us but really believe he can have a star impact on this team. He is only 26 not injury prone and a elite athlete.

I kind of doubt Milsap would be willing to take the min. He might be willing to take a discount to chase a ring, but even a discounted Milsap is a 5-10m per year player. Offseason might be crazy though so who knows.
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#326 » by emunney » Mon Jun 22, 2020 4:21 pm

Would enthusiastically give Millsap the MLE.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#327 » by LuessiT » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:17 pm

emunney wrote:Would enthusiastically give Millsap the MLE.

Depending where the cap is we're probably not in a position to be able to offer the MLE but I'd easily offer the full Tax-MLE.
Beorn
Sixth Man
And1: 806

Post#328 » by Beorn » Mon Jun 22, 2020 5:51 pm

Millsap would be automatically the 3rd-5th best player on the team, I owuld be willing to give him AT LEAST the MLE available to us, whether we are in Luxury tax territory or not
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#329 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 22, 2020 6:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#330 » by LuessiT » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:45 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Imo it will be a lot harder for EU players coming over. Just safer to stay in their respective region.
Beorn
Sixth Man

Post#331 » by Beorn » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:49 pm

Campazzo's buyout is huge I think...
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,782

Post#332 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:41 pm

He has to pay ~$6M buyout to Real Madrid, I believe. That paired with the global economy amid a pandemic, I would imagine he stays put.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
ShootingtheJ
Head Coach
And1: 4,500

Post#333 » by ShootingtheJ » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:43 am

Will the Bucks add both Mason and Reynolds to the 17 man roster tomorrow? The Bucks have been loyal, but Reynolds simply struggled in the G-League this year. I would love to add Greg Whittington if he can get out of his international contact. He could be the defensive combo forward we need, and hit 46% from 3 this year.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#334 » by MVP2110 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:34 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:Will the Bucks add both Mason and Reynolds to the 17 man roster tomorrow? The Bucks have been loyal, but Reynolds simply struggled in the G-League this year. I would love to add Greg Whittington if he can get out of his international contact. He could be the defensive combo forward we need, and hit 46% from 3 this year.

I would assume they add Mason to the roster. Not sure about Cam
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,970

Post#335 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:35 am

ShootingtheJ wrote:Will the Bucks add both Mason and Reynolds to the 17 man roster tomorrow? The Bucks have been loyal, but Reynolds simply struggled in the G-League this year. I would love to add Greg Whittington if he can get out of his international contact. He could be the defensive combo forward we need, and hit 46% from 3 this year.

Maybe Mason if Geo decides to stay home but the team only gets 35 personnel total so I’d be surprised if we went deeper than 15 players. No idea how we replace Hill though
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#336 » by MVP2110 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:36 am

I'd love to add Jaylen Adams too fwiw
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Beorn
Sixth Man

Post#337 » by Beorn » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:18 am

Whittington will find a really good contract in Europe next year, but anyway, I don't think that we can change our 2-way guys at this point of the season, so we are stuck with Reynolds
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#338 » by MVP2110 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 1:02 pm

So how does this work today? Can the Bucks just sign two more guys or is it only bringing our two way guys with us?
Chuck Diesel
RealGM

Post#339 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:39 pm

If they're going to pack an 82 game schedule into next season we're really going to need a really deep team structured similarly to Euro hoops with entire "line change" type rotation that play big minutes every third game or so as starters sit. Buyout issues aside, I could see that being a positive for Euroleague vets who want to come In & actually see minutes on good teams.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,750

Post#340 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jun 23, 2020 11:04 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:If they're going to pack an 82 game schedule into next season we're really going to need a really deep team structured similarly to Euro hoops with entire "line change" type rotation that play big minutes every third game or so as starters sit. Buyout issues aside, I could see that being a positive for Euroleague vets who want to come In & actually see minutes on good teams.

Wouldn't they just use this as an excuse to re-do when the NBA season typically runs? Start on Christmas Day, and run through the summer?

Return to Milwaukee Bucks