Pre-Orlando Free Agent Rumors/Signings

Moderators: Trader_Joe, loserX, Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger

DeathLineup
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,175

Re: Pre-Orlando Free Agent Rumors/Signings 

Post#21 » by DeathLineup » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
#thevillain
JamesConway
Sixth Man
And1: 1,014

Post#22 » by JamesConway » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:45 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:If that's true I'm assuming MKG is the odd man out since Dallas values Courtney Lee in the room and want him in Orlando even though he can't play. Don't really understand the Burke desire though. I would have thought The Accountant might be brought back to replace Lee.

Looks like WCS has decided to sit out Orlando

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Texas Chuck
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 88,338

Post#23 » by Texas Chuck » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:14 pm

Who had the Mavs still having every piece of that KP trade on their roster at this point? Not me.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by DeathLineup » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
#thevillain
becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Post#25 » by becorz » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:38 pm

I am pretty surprised that more G leaguers aren't getting calls to sign the 1 year plus 1 year unguaranteed deals. Justin Anderson, Isaiah Canaan, and Jarrett Jack are veterans that have been playing well and could help teams. Plus you have the young guys too.

JamesConway wrote:
Texas Chuck wrote:If that's true I'm assuming MKG is the odd man out since Dallas values Courtney Lee in the room and want him in Orlando even though he can't play. Don't really understand the Burke desire though. I would have thought The Accountant might be brought back to replace Lee.

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

With Powell and WCS out, I think that the signing of Burke shows that Dallas is going to run a smaller lineup. Kleber might start, but they pretty much have him and Porzingis at center right now. I guess Boban, but he is more of a situational player. I think we are going to see a ton of the Doncic/Porzingis frontcourt with a shooting (so...guards) around them.
Texas Chuck

Post#26 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:48 pm

becorz wrote:
JamesConway wrote:

Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

With Powell and WCS out, I think that the signing of Burke shows that Dallas is going to run a smaller lineup. Kleber might start, but they pretty much have him and Porzingis at center right now. I guess Boban, but he is more of a situational player. I think we are going to see a ton of the Doncic/Porzingis frontcourt with a shooting (so...guards) around them.

Will be interesting. The talk before his rookie year was to expect to see Doncic playing PF on defense a lot and I think ultimately that's probably for the best because most PF's now are just stretch players and it allows him to save energy for offense and not get exploited by wings. But Dallas has done almost none of that in his tenure.

I think what it means is that DFS is going to play a bigger chunk of his minutes at PF and THJ more of his at SF. Which definitely makes sense with their talent.

They already seemed to have maxed the offense out, but playing KP/Doncic and 3 guards in theory could test that theory. Best offensive lineup definitely includes KP/Luka/THJ/Curry/X. I'd probably like DFS as that 5th guy because he shoots well enough and he's a good offensive rebounder. Or maybe Kleber because he provides the roll element missing with Powell out plus he shoots well enough. Not sure that Barea or Wright or Burke make them better offensively, but maybe?

I listened to Lowe and Pelton last night and was fascinated by them suggesting Dallas was the 3rd most dangerous team after the LA duo and that they wouldn't be surprised if Dallas got those teams to a game 7. I would agree that Dallas could beat anyone one else though I wouldn't have them as favorites over a number of teams, but other than their shooting giving them a puncher's chance I struggle to see them getting more than a game against the Clippers or more than 2 against the Lakers. Lebron and Kawhi in playoff mode seem to pose issues Dallas simply has no answers for.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Texas Chuck

Post#27 » by Texas Chuck » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:22 pm

Sixers signed The Accountant.
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by DeathLineup » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:56 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
#thevillain
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#29 » by jwise44 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:51 am

Texas Chuck wrote:Sixers signed The Accountant.

That’s a really good signing for them, though I didn’t know that was Broekhoffs nickname. I wish the rockets somehow got him earlier in the season (and dropped sef or Clemons)
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#30 » by DeathLineup » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
#thevillain
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by DeathLineup » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:34 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
#thevillain
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by DeathLineup » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:16 am

Read on Twitter
#thevillain
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#33 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:09 am

jwise44 wrote:Rockets released Isaiah hartenstein. I’m guessing he can’t be signed by anyone for the bubble, but whoever gets him for next year will get a good player

Makes sense. He's way too tall.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,191

Post#34 » by Catchall » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:12 am

Texas Chuck wrote:
becorz wrote:
JamesConway wrote:Looks like WCS has decided to sit out Orlando
Spoiler:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I listened to Lowe and Pelton last night and was fascinated by them suggesting Dallas was the 3rd most dangerous team after the LA duo and that they wouldn't be surprised if Dallas got those teams to a game 7. I would agree that Dallas could beat anyone one else though I wouldn't have them as favorites over a number of teams, but other than their shooting giving them a puncher's chance I struggle to see them getting more than a game against the Clippers or more than 2 against the Lakers. Lebron and Kawhi in playoff mode seem to pose issues Dallas simply has no answers for.

The Mavs have almost no inside scoring game without Powell, and while they shoot a ton of 3s, their efficiency isn't great. I'm not seeing it for them this season.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Texas Chuck

Post#35 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:11 pm

no inside scoring game except for Luka....

And I don't see it either btw.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,472

Post#36 » by HartfordWhalers » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:19 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:no inside scoring game except for Luka....

And I don't see it either btw.

Porzingas putbacks.

I wonder if shooting will be down enough that offensive rebounding becomes outsized in importance. Or conversely, running off misses given a lack of in game shape.
bondom34
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 50,199

Post#37 » by bondom34 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:48 pm

Well we got our July 1st free agency signings.
MyUniBroDavis wrote: he was like YALL PEOPLE WHO DOUBT ME WILL SEE YALLS STATS ARE WRONG I HAVE THE BIG BRAIN PLAYS MUCHO NASTY BIG BRAIN BIG CHUNGUS BRAIN YOU BOYS ON UR BBALL REFERENCE NO UNDERSTANDO
Texas Chuck

Post#38 » by Texas Chuck » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:12 pm

I just remember back when all the OKC fans had their Cam Payne avatars so I know they have to be thrilled he's back in the league.

In full disclosure I thought he was going to be good too....
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by DeathLineup » Wed Jul 8, 2020 6:44 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
#thevillain
DeathLineup
Lead Assistant