ImageImage

NBA - The Re-Open: - Connaughton has Covid-19, pg. 94

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,574

Re: NBA - The Re-Open: - Avery Bradley out, Page 55 

Post#1201 » by chonestown » Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:51 am

Personally, I'm weighing the options and want to see the safety precautions proposed by RGM. If I'm satisfied, I'll be on here but I will not risk neither my well-being nor the well-being of others. Yes, I'm fully aware my posting is an urgently needed diversion from today's fraught-filled landscape but your entertainment will not come at the cost of my and my family's health. I will not be taking any questions.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
DrWood
Head Coach
And1: 2,383

Post#1202 » by DrWood » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:13 am

My suggestion of Tokyo for the rest of the season is continuing to look good (if Japan was a state, it would be 29th in total # and far fewer per million than any US state). Not that it would ever happen.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,755

Post#1203 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:04 pm

Read on Twitter
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,850

Post#1204 » by paulpressey25 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:40 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Bertans made a business decision but I think everyone gets it and I didn't see too much push back.

One one level the Bertrans decision makes a lot of sense. Why risk something here.

On the other hand, who knows what the NBA free agent landscape looks like. The CBA will be massively different. There might not be any big payday coming for Bertrans.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
FlagsFlyForever
General Manager
And1: 5,251

Post#1205 » by FlagsFlyForever » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:41 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
Read on Twitter

A bit higher than I expected but nothing to be worried about at this time. I really hope everybody in this bubble campus follows the protocols set forth by the NBA. The season should work out as long as somebody doesn't get antsy and expose them self.

The NBA did an antibody test as well. I'm curious what those results will be.
Read on Twitter
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,755

Post#1206 » by ReasonablySober » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:45 pm

I actually expected it to be much higher, given the large number of athletes lately that have come back to campus or their professional teams with it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,926

Post#1207 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:46 pm

Lower than I expected
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#1208 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Jun 26, 2020 3:51 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Bertans made a business decision but I think everyone gets it and I didn't see too much push back.

One one level the Bertrans decision makes a lot of sense. Why risk something here.

On the other hand, who knows what the NBA free agent landscape looks like. The CBA will be massively different. There might not be any big payday coming for Bertrans.
Oh yeah this could absolutely be a nuclear fall for FAs especially if they don't spread the losses over multiple years. But that would be the case wether he played or not. I understand him not wanting to risk injury and sacrificing this short term pay to eliminate that risk especially since I do think there's at least a little extra injury risk for everyone having to ramp up after this long break.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
skbucks1985
RealGM
And1: 1,896

Post#1209 » by skbucks1985 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:48 pm

paulpressey25 wrote:

That's true. I think a lot of it with Bertans is that he plays on Washington and has an extensive injury history. His reward level is among the lowest of any player and his risk tolerance is among the lowest.

I think anybody with a player option probably exercises that option. And among the UFA's, you've got a lot of older guys who've made a lot of money in their careers and do they take what would be considered 6 months ago a much lower than market contract to take a one year deal with a contender? Millsap, Marc Gasol, Ibaka, Gallinari and Derrick Favors have all played at least 10 seasons and I think all of them have made over 100 million dollars in their careers.
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 10,835

Post#1210 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Fri Jun 26, 2020 5:57 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Lower than I expected

Same. Didn't read the article but did it include an antibody test? Could've had it in May and healthy by now I would assume.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1211 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:02 pm

Just realized we’ve probably seen our last Hubie Brown called game. Unless they zoom him in, which would be sweet.
Licensed to Il
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,725

Post#1212 » by Licensed to Il » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:41 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Just realized we’ve probably seen our last Hubie Brown called game. Unless they zoom him in, which would be sweet.

I disagree, Hubie is probably immortal.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,926

Post#1213 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:52 pm

Hubie is about 4 months older than Uecker. They'll both be doing games for a long time (hopefully)
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
BucksFanSD
Veteran
And1: 1,363

Post#1214 » by BucksFanSD » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:06 pm

DrWood wrote:My suggestion of Tokyo for the rest of the season is continuing to look good (if Japan was a state, it would be 29th in total # and far fewer per million than any US state). Not that it would ever happen.

Tokyo has stricter quarantine rules and restrictions on movement compared to pretty much anywhere else in Japan due to Covid's impact on the city.

If the NBA is going to do a real bubble, I don't see why it would matter where the bubble resides.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,625

Post#1215 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 pm

Going to throw a schedule release party in my living room, by myself. Can't wait.
#FreeChuckDiesel
soxperry
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,921

Post#1216 » by soxperry » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:24 pm

safi wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:

That's true. I think a lot of it with Bertans is that he plays on Washington and has an extensive injury history. His reward level is among the lowest of any player and his risk tolerance is among the lowest.

I think anybody with a player option probably exercises that option. And among the UFA's, you've got a lot of older guys who've made a lot of money in their careers and do they take what would be considered 6 months ago a much lower than market contract to take a one year deal with a contender? Millsap, Marc Gasol, Ibaka, Gallinari and Derrick Favors have all played at least 10 seasons and I think all of them have made over 100 million dollars in their careers.

For the older players, they were likely headed for cheap deals with contenders anyway. But someone like Bertans was gonna get paid, probably by a bad team, and is now going to have to make a tough decision. Would love him on the Bucks on something affordable. Would love to be the team that puts his value through the roof.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,972

Post#1217 » by Badgerlander » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:22 pm

Chuck Diesel wrote:Just realized we’ve probably seen our last Hubie Brown called game. Unless they zoom him in, which would be sweet.

I thought the plan was no announcers in the bubble until at least the conference finals
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Milbucks96
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,454

Post#1218 » by Milbucks96 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:06 pm

Badgerlander wrote:

I thought the plan was no announcers in the bubble until at least the conference finals

None even in a off site location? If so, just raw professional level basketball with no announcer, arena or crowd sounds is something I think I can get behind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#1219 » by Chuck Diesel » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:11 pm

They’re gonna be calling games remotely, which always sucks.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,625

Post#1220 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:15 pm

Media slobbering over the Celtics, a tradition unlike any other.
#FreeChuckDiesel

Return to Milwaukee Bucks