ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Bill Cosby granted appeal by PA Supreme Court

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,433

OT: Bill Cosby granted appeal by PA Supreme Court 

Post#1 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:15 pm

I told everybody back at the time that Cosby's rights were violated by the new Montgomery County DA's office who ignored an agreement Cosby had with the prior DA that Cosby would not be prosecuted if he testified truthfully at his deposition in Constand's civil case against. So Bill, relying on that agreement, testified truthfully at the deposition. But then there was an election and the new DA, who ran on prosecuting Cosby, ignored the agreement and prosecuted Cosby based on the deposition testimony that he would never have given if he didn't have that agreement.

Whether you like Cosby or not, his/our 5th amendment constitutional right against self-incrimination was violated. If they are allowed to do this to him, they will do it to us. Mark my words, Bill is going to win his freedom.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/23/us/bill-cosby-appeal/index.html

Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Re: OT: Bill Cosby granted appeal by PA Supreme Court 

Post#2 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:52 pm

That **** judge, Stephen O’Neill, is a complete douche bag. I’ve been before him when I practiced in Philly. He thinks he’s just the greatest thing since sliced bread. He agreed with the DA to try this case because he thought this case would catapult his career.
Free Palestine
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#3 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:43 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:That **** judge, Stephen O’Neill, is a complete douche bag. I’ve been before him when I practiced in Philly. He thinks he’s just the greatest thing since sliced bread. He agreed with the DA to try this case because he thought this case would catapult his career.

I heard Leon Rose is going to recruit him to a FO position with the Knicks.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#4 » by HarthorneWingo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:50 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:That **** judge, Stephen O’Neill, is a complete douche bag. I’ve been before him when I practiced in Philly. He thinks he’s just the greatest thing since sliced bread. He agreed with the DA to try this case because he thought this case would catapult his career.

:lol:
Free Palestine
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#5 » by WargamesX » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:52 pm

B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:

I heard Cosby might pull out of the agreement. With the liberty no longer being part of MSG. He no longer has any interest in the position.
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Anotha Knicks fan
Head Coach
And1: 1,333

Post#6 » by Anotha Knicks fan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:06 pm

WargamesX wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:

I heard Cosby might pull out of the agreement. With the liberty no longer being part of MSG. He no longer has any interest in the position.

Breaking news:
Bill Cosby nearing agreement with MSG and the NY Knicks/Liberty teams. Proposed agreement terms undisclosed, but sources say Mr. Cosby is interested in overseeing concession portion of the business. More to follow.
Join me in welcoming in the new Era of our basketball team:

The New York Mediocrebockers!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#7 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:50 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:I heard Leon Rose is going to recruit him to a FO position with the Knicks.

Breaking news:
Bill Cosby nearing agreement with MSG and the NY Knicks/Liberty teams. Proposed agreement terms undisclosed, but sources say Mr. Cosby is interested in overseeing concession portion of the business. More to follow.

What about some halftime stand up gigs?
Free Palestine
B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#8 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:04 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
B8RcDeMktfxC wrote:I heard Leon Rose is going to recruit him to a FO position with the Knicks.

Breaking news:

The Knicks are rumoured to be going with his warm up gear.

BadNewsBarnes
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,401

Post#9 » by BadNewsBarnes » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:23 pm

Anotha Knicks fan wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

Breaking news:

Somehow, I don't see $8 Jell-o Pudding being sold at MSG...
“Enjoy watching them on TV.” - James Dolan
"When a coach loses a team … that's when a coach is kind of done." - James Dolan
Retired_Doc
Analyst
And1: 367

Post#10 » by Retired_Doc » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:46 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:I told everybody back at the time that Cosby's rights were violated by the new Montgomery County DA's office who ignored an agreement Cosby had with the prior DA that Cosby would not be prosecuted if he testified truthfully at his deposition in Constand's civil case against. So Bill, relying on that agreement, testified truthfully at the deposition. But then there was an election and the new DA, who ran on prosecuting Cosby, ignored the agreement and prosecuted Cosby based on the deposition testimony that he would never have given if he didn't have that agreement.

Whether you like Cosby or not, his/our 5th amendment constitutional right against self-incrimination was violated. If they are allowed to do this to him, they will do it to us. Mark my words, Bill is going to win his freedom.

I specifically recall you predicting that what is about to happen would happen. Good call.
Tanking again, I suppose. Is there any other way?
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#11 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:03 am

Retired_Doc wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:I told everybody back at the time that Cosby's rights were violated by the new Montgomery County DA's office who ignored an agreement Cosby had with the prior DA that Cosby would not be prosecuted if he testified truthfully at his deposition in Constand's civil case against. So Bill, relying on that agreement, testified truthfully at the deposition. But then there was an election and the new DA, who ran on prosecuting Cosby, ignored the agreement and prosecuted Cosby based on the deposition testimony that he would never have given if he didn't have that agreement.

I specifically recall you predicting that what is about to happen would happen. Good call.

Free Palestine
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,080

Post#12 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:54 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Anotha Knicks fan wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

Breaking news:

Cosby or Dolan, who would you rather have as the head honcho of the Knicks?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,080

Post#13 » by moocow007 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:56 pm

But on a serious note, as guilty as Cosby in all honesty is of the crimes he's committed, if his rights were violated then sure absolutely this is some serious **** and needs to be addressed.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#14 » by WargamesX » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:36 pm

moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Anotha Knicks fan wrote:
Breaking news:

Cosby....... they would have forced him to sell like Sterling did by now
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#15 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:45 pm

WargamesX wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Cosby....... they would have forced him to sell like Sterling did by now

Haha. At least Cos was a real athlete who went to Temple on a track and field scholarship and for years after that was a fixture at Temple basketball games with Temple president Peter Liacouris.

I lived in Philly for 30 years.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks