ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Re: Official Covid-19 Discussion Thread 

Post#1041 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:18 pm

Only 111 cases in Ontario today. That's amazing. Hopefully we can dip under 100 in the coming days.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,313

Post#1042 » by mtcan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:24 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:Florida with almost 9K cases, holy ****...what is going on down there.

Their governor is a Trump ass-licker.
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#1043 » by DIEHARD_005 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:46 pm

I hope we keep the US border closed for non essential travel for sometime. I've seen two cars in the past week in my area one from Cali and one from Texas. Part of me wants to tell them to go back where they came from - the irony in that.

The part that irks me is the US is the type of society who will disregard all of what the world has done to combat COVID, but will jump the front of the line and toss every other country aside in the name of greed once a vaccine is found.
dunk_a_roo
Rookie
And1: 4,644

Post#1044 » by dunk_a_roo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:51 pm

YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,485

Post#1045 » by YelloC » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:05 pm

dunk_a_roo wrote:Image

Build a Wall.......out of vegetables. That’ll keep the Umericans out. :wink:
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,139

Post#1046 » by Raps in 4 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:08 pm

YelloC wrote:
dunk_a_roo wrote:Image

Build a Wall.......out of vegetables. That’ll keep the Umericans out. :wink:

The fact that we have universal healthcare and don't hate visible minorities already keeps most of the riffraff out.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#1047 » by mtcan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:19 pm

DIEHARD_005 wrote:I hope we keep the US border closed for non essential travel for sometime. I've seen two cars in the past week in my area one from Cali and one from Texas. Part of me wants to tell them to go back where they came from - the irony in that.

The part that irks me is the US is the type of society who will disregard all of what the world has done to combat COVID, but will jump the front of the line and toss every other country aside in the name of greed once a vaccine is found.

Look at the idiots at a government council meeting in Florida...

It's just a **** mask for **** sake.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#1048 » by B-Ball Freak » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:23 pm

mtcan wrote:
DIEHARD_005 wrote:I hope we keep the US border closed for non essential travel for sometime. I've seen two cars in the past week in my area one from Cali and one from Texas. Part of me wants to tell them to go back where they came from - the irony in that.

I still can't believe people like that actually exist in real life and there's an abundance of them in the southern states, they are like cartoon characters.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,582

Post#1049 » by Zeno » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:35 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
mtcan wrote:

I still can't believe people like that actually exist in real life and there's an abundance of them in the southern states, they are like cartoon characters.

They are here too just in lesser numbers but they are here. But seriously they are talking like it is going to be a landslide loss for Trump because his approval rating is at 40%. Any place where he'd have over 5% approval is a cesspool of humanity, I bet he's got a good 10% approval here.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
mtcan
RealGM

Post#1050 » by mtcan » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:42 pm

Zeno wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:
mtcan wrote:Look at the idiots at a government council meeting in Florida...

They are here too just in lesser numbers but they are here. But seriously they are talking like it is going to be a landslide loss for Trump because his approval rating is at 40%. Any place where he'd have over 5% approval is a cesspool of humanity, I bet he's got a good 10% approval here.

I'm sure that the actual approval numbers are what they are and if all things being equal...Trump should get trounced in November...BUT...based on all the backdoor dealings he's been having trying to get other countries to interfere...I'm convinced that a hack, scandal or sort of ballot box stuffing will happen with the help of Turkey/China/Russia/North Korea/Saudi Arabia...it's definitely not a given that Trump is voted out. And if Biden wins...Trump's not going to leave just like that. There will be challenges and BS for months after the election.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,847

Post#1051 » by rocky_da_best » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:07 pm

How many cases per day does Florida need to be at for the NBA to considering cancelling or moving this experiment?
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,922

Post#1052 » by NinjaBro » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:16 pm

Guys, nba season is over. Over 9K covid cases in one day in Florida, the highest ever. The previous high was 5K cases just 2 days ago. It's going up exponentially. It's all over. Time to bring our guys back, it's a godamn warzone in there.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#1053 » by B-Ball Freak » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:26 pm

Zeno wrote:They are here too just in lesser numbers but they are here. But seriously they are talking like it is going to be a landslide loss for Trump because his approval rating is at 40%. Any place where he'd have over 5% approval is a cesspool of humanity, I bet he's got a good 10% approval here.

Yeah I know they are here too but they are defintely the minority in the GTA, most of them also hide in plain sight like snakes in the grass.
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,812

Post#1054 » by Reeko » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:37 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
mtcan wrote:

We are talking about a state where the government had to tell its residents to not fire their guns at a hurricane.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,401

Post#1055 » by KL78192020 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:41 pm

who are the 16 players who test positive?
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,927

Post#1056 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:43 pm

NinjaBro wrote:Guys, nba season is over. Over 9K covid cases in one day in Florida, the highest ever. The previous high was 5K cases just 2 days ago. It's going up exponentially. It's all over. Time to bring our guys back, it's a godamn warzone in there.

Ska needs to make a comeback.
YelloC
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,485

Post#1057 » by YelloC » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:48 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
mtcan wrote:

An SNL parody isn’t even necessary because the things these people say and do is ridiculous enough.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#1058 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:17 pm

YelloC wrote:
B-Ball Freak wrote:
mtcan wrote:Look at the idiots at a government council meeting in Florida...

An SNL parody isn’t even necessary because the things these people say and do is ridiculous enough.

This is why Sarah Cooper can go viral just by lip=syncing Trump. Comics used to have to hire writers. This s*** writes itself.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 9,973

Post#1059 » by tecumseh18 » Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:30 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:Guys, nba season is over. Over 9K covid cases in one day in Florida, the highest ever. The previous high was 5K cases just 2 days ago. It's going up exponentially. It's all over. Time to bring our guys back, it's a godamn warzone in there.

So ... 82% of the Canadians who died, died in LTC facilities. Florida has a lot of older, obese people who are the target demographic for this disease. We don't have the statistical breakdown from Canada, but NYC's results seem pretty consistent with the rest of the world - i.e. >80% of deaths had significant co-morbidities. Sure young athletes can and do test positive, but no-one has suggested that Gobert et al are in any danger.

I'm not saying that Covid-19 is nothing, or that it should be ignored. But it's not a such a huge deal that we should panic about it. Honestly, I'm more focused on the BLM demonstrations. Like Kyrie, I would rather cancel the NBA season if it might potentially distract from actually pushing through real change. We can't miss this opportunity to turn manifested racism upside down.
anon2222
Sixth Man
And1: 980

Post#1060 » by anon2222 » Sat Jun 27, 2020 3:49 pm

tecumseh18 wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

So ... 82% of the Canadians who died, died in LTC facilities. Florida has a lot of older, obese people who are the target demographic for this disease. We don't have the statistical breakdown from Canada, but NYC's results seem pretty consistent with the rest of the world - i.e. >80% of deaths had significant co-morbidities. Sure young athletes can and do test positive, but no-one has suggested that Gobert et al are in any danger.

I'm not saying that Covid-19 is nothing, or that it should be ignored. But it's not a such a huge deal that we should panic about it. Honestly, I'm more focused on the BLM demonstrations. Like Kyrie, I would rather cancel the NBA season if it might potentially distract from actually pushing through real change. We can't miss this opportunity to turn manifested racism upside down.

Really? It's not such a huge deal and we shouldn't panic about it? Sure if you're young and healthy then you have a less chance of it affecting you severely but you never know until you contract it. There have been many cases of younger adults falling very ill and even dying from it.

What if you are asymptomatic and pass it on to your parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts and those more vulnerable with chronic health conditions? That's not worth taking it more seriously? You just don't know what you are talking about with regards to this. Be more conservative and treat it seriously to not affect others if you think you will not be affected (God forbid).

Return to Toronto Raptors