ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Re: Official Covid-19 Discussion Thread 

Post#1061 » by ItsDanger » Sat Jun 27, 2020 4:28 pm

Ontario positive rate is currently around 0.5%. We're almost at 10% of the province's population being tested now. I assume some of these are people with multiple tests though. Canada only had 4 deaths officially recorded yesterday. Quite a dramatic difference from the experience in the US. Given the geographic pattern, it will be interesting to observe if/when Australia gets hit. I predict around early August if it happens at all.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,440

Post#1062 » by mtcan » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:59 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Ontario positive rate is currently around 0.5%. We're almost at 10% of the province's population being tested now. I assume some of these are people with multiple tests though. Canada only had 4 deaths officially recorded yesterday. Quite a dramatic difference from the experience in the US. Given the geographic pattern, it will be interesting to observe if/when Australia gets hit. I predict around early August if it happens at all.

What is also an interesting country to follow is Sweden. Their case counts are actually up in the last month. They seem to be averaging 1000+ cases per day in the month of June. What changed in June? Did they relax their already relaxed restrictions? Did they just need to reach a critical mass in positive cases before a big jump occurred?

Canada and Sweden seem to be on opposite trajectories in terms of flattening the curve...

Hopefully things continue on a downward trend in Canada as things reopen.
Childs
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#1063 » by Childs » Sat Jun 27, 2020 10:28 pm

Currently working at upstate NY.

Wo1verine
2015 Beat the Commish Champion
And1: 11,761

Post#1064 » by Wo1verine » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:33 pm

Only 214 hospitalized in Ontario right now ..
BrunoSkull
Johnny Bball
RealGM
And1: 48,735

Post#1065 » by Johnny Bball » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:12 pm

Might have been posted here but I thought this was a pretty useful graphic.

I'm presuming this is inside without distancing.

anon2222
Sixth Man
And1: 980

Post#1066 » by anon2222 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:36 pm

Some people just cannot grasp what this virus can do. You can be infected as a young healthy individual and not feel the acute symptoms but as more data is coming out it's clear this virus causes long term effects even in healthy individuals. It's main target is the respiratory system but it can hurt the heart, brain, kidneys, pancreas and other systems for years and who knows how long for. Of course the older with chronic health conditions are more at risk. There have been been many reports of young, healthy people just not feeling the same anymore.

I made a post a few months or weeks ago about my dad. He was a surgeon and contracted the virus and he is now about 3 months on a ventilator with no major improvement. My sister who lives with my parents used to be able to run 20-30mins without feeling short of breath now she can't even do half of that even if she never showed symptoms. Wear a mask and practice social distancing and keep a close group of friends who follow similar protocols. Not worth the consequences.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#1067 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:38 am

anon2222 wrote:Some people just cannot grasp what this virus can do. You can be infected as a young healthy individual and not feel the acute symptoms but as more data is coming out it's clear this virus causes long term effects even in healthy individuals. It's main target is the respiratory system but it can hurt the heart, brain, kidneys, pancreas and other systems for years and who knows how long for. Of course the older with chronic health conditions are more at risk. There have been been many reports of young, healthy people just not feeling the same anymore.

I made a post a few months or weeks ago about my dad. He was a surgeon and contracted the virus and he is now about 3 months on a ventilator with no major improvement. My sister who lives with my parents used to be able to run 20-30mins without feeling short of breath now she can't even do half of that even if she never showed symptoms. Wear a mask and practice social distancing and keep a close group of friends who follow similar protocols. Not worth the consequences.

First of all prayers go out to your family. I pray that they're all able to recover.
Second to ilustrate what you're saying, Gobert talk about how he was feeling and he still doesn't have his smell back fully. He says some days he feels weird. He also went through a period where he felt ants were in his toes or something like that - they call it COVID toes. These connections are neural - smell, sensations, feeling weird. They're also saying the ones that are asymptomatic are most likely to get it again because fewer anti-bodies months later. So they can get it, test, quarantine, think they're safe but get it again a few months later and respread it. Everyone needs to be carefull it's real and you just hear a testimonial that it's real.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,611

Post#1068 » by Fairview4Life » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:12 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
anon2222 wrote:Some people just cannot grasp what this virus can do. You can be infected as a young healthy individual and not feel the acute symptoms but as more data is coming out it's clear this virus causes long term effects even in healthy individuals. It's main target is the respiratory system but it can hurt the heart, brain, kidneys, pancreas and other systems for years and who knows how long for. Of course the older with chronic health conditions are more at risk. There have been been many reports of young, healthy people just not feeling the same anymore.

First of all prayers go out to your family. I pray that they're all able to recover.
Second to ilustrate what you're saying, Gobert talk about how he was feeling and he still doesn't have his smell back fully. He says some days he feels weird. He also went through a period where he felt ants were in his toes or something like that - they call it COVID toes. These connections are neural - smell, sensations, feeling weird. They're also saying the ones that are asymptomatic are most likely to get it again because fewer anti-bodies months later. So they can get it, test, quarantine, think they're safe but get it again a few months later and respread it. Everyone needs to be carefull it's real and you just hear a testimonial that it's real.

This is concerning:
Read on Twitter
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
anon2222
Sixth Man

Post#1069 » by anon2222 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:13 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:

Thank you. It's such a novel virus that we are learning more about it everyday and its potential long term effects. I've seen cases of increased blood clots in healthy individuals and inflammation of the heart muscle and permanent scarring in some patients. The antibodies people are developing don't (at least per current evidence) last permanently so reinfection is possible. The best hope is to have a vaccine sooner than later (even that may not give us permanent immunity against this virus). And then you have idiotic 'leadership' from Trump and Bolsonaro who downplay it as nothing and yet the US and Brazil have the worst outcomes so far and are not helping to slow down the spread (but that's another discussion). 2020 has been awful.
anon2222
Sixth Man

Post#1070 » by anon2222 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:14 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

This is concerning:
Read on Twitter

That is concerning and you can only imagine the impact on the healthcare system in the coming years and decades.
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,214

Post#1071 » by niQ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:52 pm

Childs wrote:Currently working at upstate NY.

Spoiler:

How's it been over there lately? I haven't really followed NY since it was the early stages.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#1072 » by ItsDanger » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:01 pm

Johnny Bball wrote:Might have been posted here but I thought this was a pretty useful graphic.

I'm presuming this is inside without distancing.

This is probably an accurate depiction of the risk pattern. However it has flaws.

I wonder how they actually determined these rates. Too bad they didn't disclose 2 key variables: space & time. Lets assume a constant viral load and spacing. 2 people are on an 8 hr shift working in close proximity both wearing masks. Time for this mask picture is set at 30 minutes. What is the cumulative rate for both wearing masks now? Its not 1.5% anymore. Thats basically why heathcare workers had more risk of acquiring the virus.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,997

Post#1073 » by NinjaBro » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:49 pm

I feel like this pandemic will be with us for a while and isn't going away. Here in BC we got a potential new outbreak because a strip club skirted some rules. First of all why are people going to a strip club during a virus pandemic? FFS man. All the sacrifices we've made so far is washed away because people are still breaking the law and don't give a ****. I'm pissed I have to share the earth with these idiots.
mtcan
RealGM
And1: 20,440

Post#1074 » by mtcan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:21 pm

NinjaBro wrote:I feel like this pandemic will be with us for a while and isn't going away. Here in BC we got a potential new outbreak because a strip club skirted some rules. First of all why are people going to a strip club during a virus pandemic? FFS man. All the sacrifices we've made so far is washed away because people are still breaking the law and don't give a ****. I'm pissed I have to share the earth with these idiots.

Did the strippers wear masks?
tdotrep2
RealGM
And1: 25,353

Post#1075 » by tdotrep2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm

This gif makes me sad
Childs
RealGM

Post#1076 » by Childs » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:57 pm

tdotrep2 wrote:

This gif makes me sad

So close to Canada yet so far
Childs
RealGM

Post#1077 » by Childs » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:58 pm

niQ wrote:

Spoiler:

How's it been over there lately? I haven't really followed NY since it was the early stages.

I think people in Upstate NY are taking it more seriously. There are more people in masks in public places. But then I walked by a restaurant and there was no social distancing and no masks.
NinjaBro
RealGM
And1: 41,997

Post#1078 » by NinjaBro » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:33 am

mtcan wrote:
NinjaBro wrote:I feel like this pandemic will be with us for a while and isn't going away. Here in BC we got a potential new outbreak because a strip club skirted some rules. First of all why are people going to a strip club during a virus pandemic? FFS man. All the sacrifices we've made so far is washed away because people are still breaking the law and don't give a ****. I'm pissed I have to share the earth with these idiots.

Did the strippers wear masks?
Of course not. It was so gross, I walked right out.
omar36
Analyst
And1: 4,708

Post#1079 » by omar36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:34 am

to those that had tests (sepcfically in hamilton), how fast di you get the resutls back?
Westside Gunn
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,077

Post#1080 » by Westside Gunn » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:10 am

lol brothels should be outta business by now. I'm more concerned about international flights still coming in to the country, which has been the case since the initial "lockdown". If people are still travelling during these times and the governments are allowing it, then its just multi layered idiocy. It shouldve been a total border shutdown from day 1.

It will be interesting to see how soon they open up the US Canada border.
i miss the days when the bricks was only nineteeeeeeeen, i need a 100 right now

Return to Toronto Raptors