Kemba Walker or Kyle Lowry

Moderators: Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris, ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake

SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Re: Kemba Walker or Kyle Lowry 

Post#181 » by SFour » Sun Jun 28, 2020 11:49 pm

aguiar95 wrote:
SFour wrote:
some people just look at PPG and think the player with the higher PPG is the better player :lol:

Some have short memory and gets attached to the guy that won the chip (carried by Kawhi). LOL.

Lowry has led the 2020 Raptors to the 3rd best record in the league only behind the Bucks/Lakers, and that's without Kawhi & Green....how are Demar's Spurs looking like? oh yea they're 20th in the league and won't even make the playoffs.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#182 » by The_Hater » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:42 am

Floody100 wrote:
phanman wrote:
Floody100 wrote:
This is absurd. You guys don’t make it out of the second round if you don’t do the Derozan/Kawhi trade. He helped you guys win a championship but he definitely didn’t “lead” your team to a championship.

What is absurd is that you fail to do some simple research and see that we made it to the ECF in 2016. Both of our teams have only lost to the LeBron's Cavs prior to the last season.

I’m not talking about 4 years ago. Philly would’ve comfortably beaten you guys last year if you still had Derozan.

I like how you’ve turned the focus of a Lowry/Walker comparison into a hypothetical playoff scenarios of Demar Derozan playing for a different team. That’s quite a black hole you’ve gradually lost yourself in...
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM
And1: 9,170

Post#183 » by PistolPeteJR » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:48 am

Why is this thread still active? What is there to debate still lol?
Patsfan1081
RealGM
And1: 5,486

Post#184 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:53 am

TheBoi10 wrote:Lowry easily

If I had to take a player at this moment on most teams(outside of say the Lakers or Houston who have good distributors) it would be Lowry but comments like this are ridiculous. Kemba was a third team all nba player last season, Lowry was five years ago. Now that obviously isn’t the whole story but it’s ridiculous to say one is way ahead of the other, even this season there are stats like PER that favor Walker. Are people forgetting that Lowry is 34? His scoring to a huge drop in 17/18 and 19/20 and people act like Kemba can’t do other things than score the basketball. He was in the top twenty in assists the past two seasons(14th last season). If you’re talking the same contract for the next three seasons than this is a whole different story.
Ritzo
Sixth Man
And1: 2,230

Post#185 » by Ritzo » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:54 am

If I'm goong to pick for a franchise player then I will pick Kemba. But if it's a 2nd/3rd guy on my team I'm going for Lowry.
Patsfan1081
RealGM

Post#186 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:55 am

PistolPeteJR wrote:Why is this thread still active? What is there to debate still lol?

Raptor fans saying “Lowry easily” isn’t a debate. I already admitted that if it was a player at this moment for the rest of the season I would take Lowry but fans aren’t backing their argument with anything.
YogurtProducer
RealGM
And1: 26,895

Post#187 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:58 am

TroubleS0me wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:

Wow, this is not true in the slightest. Lowry has been the most clutch player in the NBA playoffs the last 5 years. I'm not going to penalise Lowry for the failure of the players around him.

Don’t even, people will point to 2016 or game 1 against Orlando and ignore absolutely everything else.

I'm talking about his whole playoffs career as a Raptor. He's has been good 3 of 6 playoffs runs.50/50. I included last season/playoffs he was decent.

I'm not going to penalise Lowry for the failure of the players around him.

He has played with some good/quality players during his career a raptor no excuse.

2014, 2017, 2018, 2019 is 4 years AND, he had absolutely incredible on/off splits on 2016 as well. At he’s 4/6 at worst and anyone who actually watches raptor games knows he’s been good every single year he hasn’t been hurt.

He was bad for 4 games (while hurt) in 2015, then shot poorly in 2016 while still having elite impact on the game because he’s fantastic at every other aspect of the game. So really his reputation is due to 4 games in 2015.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
- Raptors RealGM Forum re: Masai Ujiri - June 2023
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#188 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:00 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
PistolPeteJR wrote:Why is this thread still active? What is there to debate still lol?

Raptor fans saying “Lowry easily” isn’t a debate. I already admitted that if it was a player at this moment for the rest of the season I would take Lowry but fans aren’t backing their argument with anything.

Well I mean you could look at how everyone points out Lowrys individual #’s, accolades, and team success in TO compared to Kembas nothing and that should be proof enough.

No **** for the next few years you’d take the 30 year old over the 34 year old,

As of June 28, 2020 and if you compare their primes it’d Lowry, and it really isn’t debateable.
What an absolute failure and disaster this franchise is, ran by one of the most incompetent front offices in the league.
Patsfan1081
RealGM

Post#189 » by Patsfan1081 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:08 am

Sixerscan wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
I think you're misreading my point. I'm saying that giving Walker a pass because he "has too many weapons" doesn't make sense because Lowry has also played and succeeded with other talented players over the years. Not an anti-Lowry take the exact opposite.

I'm not giving Kemba a pass, Lowry is the better player of the 2 because of his defence. I am saying that Kemba will probably not have stats better than Lowry going forward because of playing with 3 other creators. Lowry playing off the ball is irrelevant - though maybe I am missing your point completely.

Lowry might have better stats if he was slumming it on the Hornets and running 75 high pick and rolls a game.

That doesn’t make an ounce of sense. He would have far less open looks and prob would be slumming it much more on defense. Walker has been the more efficient shooter from mid/three the past decade despite having far less drawing attention away from him.
MrCheerios
Analyst
And1: 887

Post#190 » by MrCheerios » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:42 am

Patsfan1081 wrote:
Sixerscan wrote:
docholliday99 wrote:
I'm not giving Kemba a pass, Lowry is the better player of the 2 because of his defence. I am saying that Kemba will probably not have stats better than Lowry going forward because of playing with 3 other creators. Lowry playing off the ball is irrelevant - though maybe I am missing your point completely.

Lowry might have better stats if he was slumming it on the Hornets and running 75 high pick and rolls a game.

That doesn’t make an ounce of sense. He would have far less open looks and prob would be slumming it much more on defense. Walker has been the more efficient shooter from mid/three the past decade despite having far less drawing attention away from him.

Kemba isn't an insanely efficient player, despite being a very good scorer. Lowry has a better career FG%, 3pt%, and TS%. You're talking about the past decade? Lowry's averaged 57.1 TS% during that time. Kemba's only surpassed that once in his whole career. You could say Lowry's benefitted from DD or Kawhi, although I don't think DD is that great, but Lowry's still much more efficient this year.

Lowry's probably couldn't put up the scoring volume that Kemba does, but he's a great scorer in his own right and is much better at all other facets of the game including efficiency.
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#191 » by PistolPeteJR » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:15 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

Well I mean you could look at how everyone points out Lowrys individual #’s, accolades, and team success in TO compared to Kembas nothing and that should be proof enough.

As of June 28, 2020 and if you compare their primes it’d Lowry, and it really isn’t debateable.

Kemba is the better scorer. Outside of that, he doesn’t best Lowry at anything. It’s pretty obvious and simple. If a person disagrees, provide proof that says otherwise. It’s that easy.
Jables
Analyst
And1: 2,442

Post#192 » by Jables » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:51 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

Individual accolades are a direct result of team success, so you could do that but you'd know it's a cheap way of looking at players.

The revisionism of how Lowry was beginning to be looked at before you know who joined for a 1 year stint boggles my mind.
HeartBreakKid
RealGM
And1: 18,813

Post#193 » by HeartBreakKid » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:02 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

Huh? Kyle Lowry isn't the GM...obviously if he was on the Hornets he would have different accolades as those are heavily affected by how good your team does.
OGLife
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,892

Post#194 » by OGLife » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:12 am

Ritzo wrote:If I'm goong to pick for a franchise player then I will pick Kemba. But if it's a 2nd/3rd guy on my team I'm going for Lowry.

How has Kemba proven to be a franchise player? Do you realize how many franchise players there are? Kemba is not even close (neither is Lowry). What has he done to prove this notion? Kemba is an easy switch target who's going to get exposed defensively in the Playoffs. Teams won't dare to switch on to Lowry.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#195 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:09 am

Jables wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

Individual accolades are a direct result of team success, so you could do that but you'd know it's a cheap way of looking at players.

The revisionism of how Lowry was beginning to be looked at before you know who joined for a 1 year stint boggles my mind.

No, the issue is people underrated him for years. That’s not my fault, that’s other peoples faults for not truly watching or caring about the Raptors pre-Kawhi. Hell, you still see people saying Demar was the best player when in reality it wasn’t even **** close.
YogurtProducer
RealGM

Post#196 » by YogurtProducer » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:10 am

HeartBreakKid wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:
Patsfan1081 wrote:

Huh? Kyle Lowry isn't the GM...obviously if he was on the Hornets he would have different accolades as those are heavily affected by how good your team does.

Well fine, let’s remove team success and awards and compare them. Wait, Lowry still beats Kemba
PistolPeteJR
RealGM

Post#197 » by PistolPeteJR » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:47 am

YogurtProducer wrote:
Jables wrote:
YogurtProducer wrote:Well I mean you could look at how everyone points out Lowrys individual #’s, accolades, and team success in TO compared to Kembas nothing and that should be proof enough.

No, the issue is people underrated him for years. That’s not my fault, that’s other peoples faults for not truly watching or caring about the Raptors pre-Kawhi. Hell, you still see people saying Demar was the best player when in reality it wasn’t even **** close.

He was not underrated. People were judging him for the role he was playing on those pre-2019 teams. A lot of the criticism was warranted. Lowry is perfect in a kind of role like the one he played last year and the one he’s been playing this year so far.
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,773

Post#198 » by Michael Jordan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:04 am

bongmarley wrote:For me it’s Kyle Lowry but it seems most think it’s Kemba.

Can someone tell me how Kemba is the better player?

200 posts and still no poll?

:cry:
Michael Jordan
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,773

Post#199 » by Michael Jordan » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:06 am

In the past its been Kyle but right now its Kemba going forward. Kyles 34 and Kemba is 30
ajones9219
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,518

Post#200 » by ajones9219 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:39 am

right now? Kemba pretty safely

Return to The General Board