ImageImageImageImageImage

Big Perk is off Raps bandwagon again

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,733

Re: Big Perk is off Raps bandwagon again 

Post#21 » by Basketball_Jones » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:48 pm

720 wrote:Kemba is a fraud. Brad Stevens is overrated. Tatum is legit. But we’re just better than them. I hope we play them in the playoffs.

Regular season means nothing, but can’t help but worry if we do play them. Our one win MCCaw destroyed them lol.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
Anticon
General Manager
And1: 4,934

Post#22 » by Anticon » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:58 pm

Lmao why does anyone care.

We should be focused on Siakams offence against top teams, or how Marc will rejoin the lineup since he was injured for so long.
youreachiteach
Veteran
And1: 575

Post#23 » by youreachiteach » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:00 pm

It's hard to pick us without a star wing. That is the sum of all the arguments that seem to be the party line:

1. Philly should be better they are just waiting for the playoffs--seem to have been dismissed for now.
2. Celtics have the gamebreaker Tatum
3. Miami has a big wing (and everyone'srushing to go there--including Giannis)
4. Yes we respect your experience/title, but Raps don't have a gamebreaker because they doubt Pascal without big wing offensively.
4. Anyway it doesn't matter because Milwaukee is the top of class

In other words...we refuse to pick u and even if we're wrong Milwaukee is beating you anyways ( so, a repeat of last year because no Kawhi).

We do have an offensive issue but it's more about large markets getting their espn/nba plug so they'll tune in when the fun starts. There are even some who are trying to rekindle Philly as a darkhorse based off Simmons and Embid alone.

Let's hope Raps can use these ideas for bulletin board!!
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#24 » by TheBoi10 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:02 pm

720 wrote:Kemba is a fraud. Brad Stevens is overrated. Tatum is legit. But we’re just better than them. I hope we play them in the playoffs.

Tatum isn't all that
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM
And1: 7,722

Post#25 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:29 pm

Wo1verine wrote:Not to go too OT, but what was the Morey memo?

They (ESPN) got told to stop talking about the biggest news in the NBA. They just dropped all Morey/China conversations from the rotation. Orders from Disney.

It's the same reason we get no pub, it's a top down order.
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,085

Post#26 » by tecumseh18 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:37 pm

SFour wrote:Celtics are overrated season after season by the media....they always end up falling short so I don't pay it much attention.
`

Yeah, that's the only reason I care about their opinions, because there's a complete lack of evidence over the last few years to support it. Are they still basing it on the C's without Kyrie taking Cavs to 7 in the ECF a few years ago? Pierce said the Celts have the best starting 5 in the game, and he actually includes Kanter in there. I'm sorry, but Marc and Serge are going to swat the Celts bigs, such as they are, away like gnats.

The only legitimate argument is that you need as superstar to win in the playoffs, and Tatum seems to have reached that level n the last 20 games while Siakam has faded after his hot start. To which I say, let's play the damn games and see.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#27 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:45 pm

Like, we're the winningest team in the NBA over the last five.

You would never know it.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,934

Post#28 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:53 pm

Everyone's had a full off-season off. All predictions are as good as pre-season ones. Consider it a new year. We could be great, we could be a mess.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#29 » by vini_vidi_vici » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:06 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:Everyone's had a full off-season off. All predictions are as good as pre-season ones. Consider it a new year. We could be great, we could be a mess.

And were talking tiny samples (8 games). How many awful teams have opened up a season 7-1/6-2/5-3. I dont even know how many conclusions one can draw going into the POs.
iDRTG is terrible. ** Paid for by Pfizer Inc.
GooniesNeverDie
RealGM
And1: 11,164

Post#30 » by GooniesNeverDie » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:13 am

is that such a horrible opinion? The Celtics are a great team that also faced lots of injuries. I still got the Raps (like Zack Lowe and Kevin Pelton) but it's super close

Sent from my SM-G960F using RealGM mobile app
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#31 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:15 am

SFour wrote:Celtics are overrated season after season by the media....they always end up falling short so I don't pay it much attention.

They were considered a lock for the finals last season by every single "analyst" (of course, they didn't even sniff the finals, getting destroyed in the second round). They lost 2/5 starters this year to free agency, and are yet again being picked to make the finals, lol (despite the team that destroyed them last year not getting any worse).
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,391

Post#32 » by beanbag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:15 am

I had a hamburger yesterday and then I had a hot dog today.

How could I diss hamburgers like that?
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,421

Post#33 » by SFour » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:25 am

Raps in 4 wrote:

They were considered a lock for the finals last season by every single "analyst" (of course, they didn't even sniff the finals, getting destroyed in the second round). They lost 2/5 starters this year to free agency, and are yet again being picked to make the finals again, lol (despite the team that destroyed them last year not getting any worse).

They're the Lakers of the East....prestigious/historic franchise that the NBA & American media hypes up being it's good for their ratings....

Read on Twitter
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,158

Post#34 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:18 pm

Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Like, we're the winningest team in the NBA over the last five.

You would never know it.

you know that doesn't mean anything right?
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
TravisScott55
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,813

Post#35 » by TravisScott55 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:40 pm

He's told what to say by ESPN.
Harcore Fenton Mun
RealGM

Post#36 » by Harcore Fenton Mun » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:15 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Like, we're the winningest team in the NBA over the last five.

You would never know it.

The funny part is, all our core players are the same over that period...Siakam, FVV, Lowry, Ibaka etc. OG's like the newest of the "core" players.

So the team that lost Kawhi, is actually the best team over the past five years even without him.

The same team that's beat the Bucks twice in that same period. With basically the same squad and a worse coach.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,755

Post#37 » by Duffman100 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:46 pm

Good thing wagons move slowly, otherwise Perk wouldn't be able to jump back on in a week.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#38 » by B-Ball Freak » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:45 pm

Do any of you guys actually care what "Uncle Perk" has to say? these dudes aren't real analysts.
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#39 » by B-Ball Freak » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:49 pm

LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:

You would never know it.

It is what it is, most wins in the last five years tells you alot, it means this team is consistent and is very good. It doesn't mean that the Raptors are repeating but now way it "doesn't mean anything".
Quattro
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,765

Post#40 » by Quattro » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:42 pm

I hate to spoil it for all of you but nobody is going to pick the raps to come out of the east this year. I would have thought everyone was used to that by now but apparently not.

Return to Toronto Raptors