Are the Clippers stacked and the favorites to win?

Moderators: ken6199, Dirk, bisme37, KingDavid, bwgood77, zimpy27, cupcakesnake, Domejandro, infinite11285, Harry Garris

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Re: Are the Clippers stacked and the favorites to win? 

Post#61 » by King4Day » Mon Jun 29, 2020 5:58 pm

I think LAL are favorites by many because of how they looked before the season ended.
You're argument for LAC is valid, but saying LAL is a distant 3rd is probably not accurate. LAL, LAC, and MIL probably all have a real shot at it.
I'd even throw in TOR since they have been together for so long and likely won't need much time to rebuild their chemistry.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#62 » by The_Hater » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:17 pm

King4Day wrote:I think LAL are favorites by many because of how they looked before the season ended.
You're argument for LAC is valid, but saying LAL is a distant 3rd is probably not accurate. LAL, LAC, and MIL probably all have a real shot at it.
I'd even throw in TOR since they have been together for so long and likely won't need much time to rebuild their chemistry.

I don’t think how well the Lakers were playing in March will have very much relevance several months later, it’s pretty much like the NBA took the summer off and is starting a brand new season.

That said, I would be very surprised if one of the Bucks/Clips/Lakers doesn’t emerge from all this. They have the best rosters and they’re all led by the forever important superstars at the top.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#63 » by Galloisdaman » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:25 pm

PKABOOICU wrote:Im a Lakers fan and I think the Clippers have a deeper roster than the Lakers. The Lakers are very thin after Lebron and AD. The Clippers have 2 elite stars and then Lou Williams who can literally drop 50 any given night. Defensively, the Clippers are far superior.

If we are going by the season and preseason then LAC are definitely one of the favorites. I would not sleep on Mil, Tor, or Phi though.

In regards to Lou scoring 50 on any given night how many times has he scored 50 in his career? Once? Twice?
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
niQ
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 29,214

Post#64 » by niQ » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:26 pm

Going into the season I already thought the Clippers were favorites to win.
Lost Angel
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,454

Post#65 » by Lost Angel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:02 pm

Zubac barely plays and the Clippers aren’t big enough to hang with the Lakers for 7 games.

Lakers can match up a lot better with the Clippers now than they could earlier in the season.

Lakers in 6
kenwood3333
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,195

Post#66 » by kenwood3333 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:07 pm

Clippers looks like champ contender on paper. But their lack of playing time together with surrounding their 2 main players is a chemistry concern. Also there seems to be some egos in that locker room, and no clear on/off court leadership. I will put them at the same level as the Lakers.
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#67 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:05 am

Galloisdaman wrote:
PKABOOICU wrote:Im a Lakers fan and I think the Clippers have a deeper roster than the Lakers. The Lakers are very thin after Lebron and AD. The Clippers have 2 elite stars and then Lou Williams who can literally drop 50 any given night. Defensively, the Clippers are far superior.

If we are going by the season and preseason then LAC are definitely one of the favorites. I would not sleep on Mil, Tor, or Phi though.

In regards to Lou scoring 50 on any given night how many times has he scored 50 in his career? Once? Twice?

Im not high on Philly winning until Ben Simmons is taken seriously from beyond 20 feet. The Bucks will roll over Toronto. If anything, I can see Miami getting some upset Ws and advancing deep into the playoffs. But the Bucks are still the team to beat in the East.

I think Lou dropped 50 back in 2018 and tons of 30 and 40 point outings. But he's by far and the best scorer not named Lebron, AD, Kawhi, or PG.
Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Post#68 » by Galloisdaman » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 pm

PKABOOICU wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

Im not high on Philly winning until Ben Simmons is taken seriously from beyond 20 feet. The Bucks will roll over Toronto. If anything, I can see Miami getting some upset Ws and advancing deep into the playoffs. But the Bucks are still the team to beat in the East.

I think Lou dropped 50 back in 2018 and tons of 30 and 40 point outings. But he's by far and the best scorer not named Lebron, AD, Kawhi, or PG.

Bucks are the favorites but I think people forget how close Philly was to beating Toronto last season.

Lou is a very good scorer but I disagree that he has had tons of 40 point games and that he is the best scorer outside of the 4 you named.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D

Return to The General Board