Nets/Spurs/Suns

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,054

Nets/Spurs/Suns 

Post#1 » by Crives » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:43 pm

Nets trade: Dinwiddie + Allen
Nets receive: White + Oubre

Suns trade: Oubre +#10
Suns receive: Dinwiddie +#11

Spurs trade: White +#11
Spurs receive: Allen +#10

Why?
Nets reset potential chemistry issues between Dinwiddie/Kyrie and Allen/Jordan. White can slide into the 6th man guard role while picking up a good wing in Kelly.

Spurs move up a spot in the draft and clear a guard spot for someone at #10 while picking up Allen as they begin looking towards building their next core.

Suns get a long term replacement for Rubio to play 6th man for the next couple of years.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,276

Re: Nets/Spurs/Suns 

Post#2 » by Godaddycurse » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:46 pm

Interesting you prefer Dinwiddie over White. Would've thought white fit with suns better given that he is a much better defender. I think a allen/white swap is good for spurs. It creates a hole at C for the Nets though when they already have lots of guards available on hand. Overall still a good trade/i like it.
TPV
Senior
And1: 144

Post#3 » by TPV » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:09 pm

I imagine the Nets would be the first to pass. I prefer Dinwiddie to White, and trading Allen creates a gap at C that they would need to fill.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,830

Post#4 » by giberish » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Personally I like this for the Nets. White brings less offense but more defense then Dinwiddle and adding Oubre to their forward options should help a bunch. As a backup center Allen is easily replaceable.

It makes some sense for Phoenix. Personally I'd like the fit of White more for his defense then Dinwiddle but the salary matching would be harder.

I don't see it for SA. Sure, White is kind of stuck splitting time with Murray at PG, but Allen would just be splitting time with Poeltl at C (and that's assuming they move LMA). IMO they can move White for value and get something more interesting.
TheBrooklynKidd
Head Coach
And1: 3,579

Post#5 » by TheBrooklynKidd » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:38 pm

Nets don’t even consider this deal.

Dinwiddie is a better player than white and there haven’t been any Kyrie/Dinwiddie “chemistry issues” in fact Dinwiddie recruited Kyrie.

Oubre isn’t the guy we’re looking for at the 3 and is a UFA next summer. We need a bigger veteran defender. Also Jordan’s starter status at 32 years old is by no means set in stone so Allen is needed at this point.

The Nets should cut out San Antonio and just do Prince and the 2020 1st for Oubre if they want him that bad (they probably don’t).
Crives
General Manager

Post#6 » by Crives » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 am

Godaddycurse wrote:Interesting you prefer Dinwiddie over White. Would've thought white fit with suns better given that he is a much better defender. I think a allen/white swap is good for spurs. It creates a hole at C for the Nets though when they already have lots of guards available on hand. Overall still a good trade/i like it.

I like White as well. Suns have sucked lately, but Suns and spurs were big rivals during the Nash years. This trade keeps Kelly/White out of the West.
Crives
General Manager

Post#7 » by Crives » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:06 am

TPV wrote:I imagine the Nets would be the first to pass. I prefer Dinwiddie to White, and trading Allen creates a gap at C that they would need to fill.

Backup C should be a pretty easy position to fill this offseason. They actually might be able to upgrade and get someone like Gasol.
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#8 » by jredsaz » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:36 am

Crives wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:Interesting you prefer Dinwiddie over White. Would've thought white fit with suns better given that he is a much better defender. I think a allen/white swap is good for spurs. It creates a hole at C for the Nets though when they already have lots of guards available on hand. Overall still a good trade/i like it.

I like White as well. Suns have sucked lately, but Suns and spurs were big rivals during the Nash years. This trade keeps Kelly/White out of the West.
I really want white in a Suns jersey. Trade is pretty good. I think Nets would want to shed some salary, however as opposed to taking on more. They will be deep into the luxury regardless of what happens to the cap and I think they mitigate that a little bit.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#9 » by ecuhus1981 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:07 am

Oubre is not an asset, and he's not nearly worth Dinwiddie. Allen is worth more than White.

Nets want nothing here.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
jredsaz
General Manager
And1: 2,793

Post#10 » by jredsaz » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:00 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Oubre is not an asset, and he's not nearly worth Dinwiddie. Allen is worth more than White.

Nets want nothing here.
Oubre not an asset? How exactly is Dinwiddie far superior? He is a better facilitator but...

And I would rather have White than Allen.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
TPV
Senior
And1: 144

Post#11 » by TPV » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:03 pm

Crives wrote:
TPV wrote:I imagine the Nets would be the first to pass. I prefer Dinwiddie to White, and trading Allen creates a gap at C that they would need to fill.

Backup C should be a pretty easy position to fill this offseason. They actually might be able to upgrade and get someone like Gasol.

While I agree that backup C should be easier to fill (and that Allen + Jordan have a bit of redunancy in skill set), they're not getting anyone good for the MLE IMO (Favors, Ibaka, Gasol, Millsap, Whiteside) Ending up with Baynes would be a good outcome.

But with that said, the downgrade from Dinwiddie to White is a much bigger component of the deal to me, and for that alone I wouldn't do the deal from the Nets perspective.

Return to Trades and Transactions