ImageImageImageImageImage

Dinwiddie- another one

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Dinwiddie- another one 

Post#1 » by alienchild » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:24 pm

Read on Twitter
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,908

Re: Dinwiddie- another one 

Post#2 » by lolwut » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:29 pm

Curious to see what kind of permanent lung damage this does to professional athletes.
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,375

Post#3 » by beanbag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:36 pm

But they're professional athletes who can easily get the virus and be fi....*the drool dripping out of my mouth renders the rest inaudible*
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#4 » by howlin mad axer » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:39 pm

Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,812

Post#5 » by Reeko » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:52 pm

I hope the NBA has the players signing air tight liability waivers, because if guys get permanent lung damage that results in shortened careers this could get ugly.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#6 » by beanbag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:56 pm

Reeko wrote:I hope the NBA has the players signing air tight liability waivers, because if guys get permanent lung damage that results in shortened careers this could get ugly.

I hope they don't and any player whose career is cut short because of this is able to sue the **** out of them.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,923

Post#7 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:56 pm

beanbag wrote:But they're professional athletes who can easily get the virus and be fi....*the drool dripping out of my mouth renders the rest inaudible*

I have a feeling that drool dripping out of your mouth happens regularly. (I kid, I kid... Not really)

I am glad they caught him early, it shows the system is working. He did talk some smack and in the end their team is going to be wiped without him, Durant and Irving.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#8 » by beanbag » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:06 pm

Kevin Willis wrote:
beanbag wrote:But they're professional athletes who can easily get the virus and be fi....*the drool dripping out of my mouth renders the rest inaudible*

I have a feeling that drool dripping out of your mouth happens regularly. (I kid, I kid... Not really)

I am glad they caught him early, it shows the system is working. He did talk some smack and in the end their team is going to be wiped without him, Durant and Irving.

The system is working the same way a person walking through a house on fire to a waiting doctor on the other side to tell them, "Ah yes, you've been burnt".
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#9 » by JYD » Mon Jun 29, 2020 11:40 pm

lolwut wrote:Curious to see what kind of permanent lung damage this does to professional athletes.

This is a really interesting issue. You can argue in a lot of ways the NBA is acting like 'it's just the flu' as well. It's not exclusive to them, but still.

Basically some people are already having long term lung effects, and the length of those are unknown because this virus has been around half a year.

The assumption is being made that maybe some players catch covid and have to sit out.

What the assumption should be is that it could cause long term damage in anyone, including athletes.

There is selfishness all around, NBA and players want to make bank, fans want basketball. I just have a bad feeling.
alienchild
RealGM
And1: 17,155

Post#10 » by alienchild » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:17 am

JYD wrote:
lolwut wrote:Curious to see what kind of permanent lung damage this does to professional athletes.

This is a really interesting issue. You can argue in a lot of ways the NBA is acting like 'it's just the flu' as well. It's not exclusive to them, but still.

Basically some people are already having long term lung effects, and the length of those are unknown because this virus has been around half a year.

The assumption is being made that maybe some players catch covid and have to sit out.

What the assumption should be is that it could cause long term damage in anyone, including athletes.

There is selfishness all around, NBA and players want to make bank, fans want basketball. I just have a bad feeling.

Gobert after months since testing positive.

Read on Twitter
Everybody is losing their freaking minds. Nutbars and wingnuts have infested this forum. We've become a public lavatory without cleaning staff.
Kevin Willis
RealGM

Post#11 » by Kevin Willis » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:38 am

beanbag wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

The system is working the same way a person walking through a house on fire to a waiting doctor on the other side to tell them, "Ah yes, you've been burnt".

More like 100 people walking through a house on fire with the doctors on the other side expecting a couple will be burnt and then treating them right away. In other words, nobody is surprised about this.
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#12 » by SFour » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 am

this is why the NBA needs a bubble...some of these NBA players don't have the restraint to stay home
beanbag
Analyst

Post#13 » by beanbag » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:55 am

Kevin Willis wrote:
beanbag wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:

More like 100 people walking through a house on fire with the doctors on the other side expecting a couple will be burnt and then treating them right away. In other words, nobody is surprised about this.

You're right. It's not surprising at all. Also, this idea that once the games start, the positive tests are going to end is laughable. Best case scenario is they complete this season with a number of players in and out of the lineup and hopefully no long term effects.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,581

Post#14 » by Zeno » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:01 am

This could be the beginning of the end if the Nets didn’t run their practices strictly to the protocols. Even then, there are at least two coaches who worked with him at the practices he was at that were in contact with him. Plus whomever else those coaches worked with. Plus families. They will be lucky if this doesn’t put an abrupt end to the whole thing. We’ll know in a few days.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#15 » by beanbag » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:08 am

Zeno wrote:This could be the beginning of the end if the Nets didn’t run their practices strictly to the protocols. Even then, there are at least two coaches who worked with him at the practices he was at that were in contact with him. Plus whomever else those coaches worked with. Plus families. They will be lucky if this doesn’t put an abrupt end to the whole thing. We’ll know in a few days.

We also shouldn't assume a positive test means protocols were broken. The simple fact is you can follow every protocol given to you by the league and still become infected. There is no way to completely insulate yourself from it.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#16 » by Zeno » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:17 am

beanbag wrote:
Zeno wrote:This could be the beginning of the end if the Nets didn’t run their practices strictly to the protocols. Even then, there are at least two coaches who worked with him at the practices he was at that were in contact with him. Plus whomever else those coaches worked with. Plus families. They will be lucky if this doesn’t put an abrupt end to the whole thing. We’ll know in a few days.

We also shouldn't assume a positive test means protocols were broken. The simple fact is you can follow every protocol given to you by the league and still become infected. There is no way to completely insulate yourself from it.

I wasn’t suggesting that but if the Nets broke protocols the NBA put in place that medical experts advised them to take than chances are even greater that the Nets organization with have an outbreak, at which point it is curtains for the whole thing. But as I said, it might be either way because this whole thing seemed wishful thinking from the start and assumed the test were somehow immediate and infallible which pretty much everyone should know they are not.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Kevin Willis
RealGM

Post#17 » by Kevin Willis » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:24 am

Zeno wrote:
beanbag wrote:

I wasn’t suggesting that but if the Nets broke protocols the NBA put in place that medical experts advised them to take than chances are even greater that the Nets organization with have an outbreak, at which point it is curtains for the whole thing. But as I said, it might be either way because this whole thing seemed wishful thinking from the start and assumed the test were somehow immediate and infallible which pretty much everyone should know they are not.

Not sure but I don't think they started group workouts yet, so it's possible some staffers got it and they would need to quarantine.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#18 » by Zeno » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:41 am

Kevin Willis wrote:
Zeno wrote:
beanbag wrote:

Not sure but I don't think they started group workouts yet, so it's possible some staffers got it and they would need to quarantine.

Right, if they followed the protocols set out there’s a better chance it is limited spread and there should just be direct contact between him and two coaches. But he apparently had a few practices so I’m not sure if those coaches were only assigned to him. They likely had other contacts within the team because it is over multiple days.

Please advise….

Dan G.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#19 » by beanbag » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:44 am

Read on Twitter

Nets might not have a team.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,642