Best Player Straight Up For Expiring Salary

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Re: Best Player Straight Up For Expiring Salary 

Post#21 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:17 am

hugepatsfan wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:
hugepatsfan wrote:Terry Rozier
Gary Harris
Norman Powell
Terrence Ross
Ricky Rubio
Kyle Anderson

All of them come to mind for me. Maybe not STRAIGHT up for expirings but I can envision scenarios where teams might want to clear multi-year money on those guys.

Norman Powell might earn a max contract this coming season, he was a monster for Toronto this year. I wouldn't be surprised if he averages over 20ppg. Ross also has a rare skillset (not many 6-6+ wings that can volume score on average efficiency and also be slightly below to slightly above average defenders) so I don't think he would be available for that. Rubio I think, depends on what Phoenix does this offseason but the value is probably right. Don't disagree on the rest.

Yeah looked into Powell a little bit. Better than I thought. Still the risk he reverts but it's low money for him to opt into next year and seems to be a bargain if he repeats it or comes close.

I think the risk is lower because this is 2 yrs in a row he is shooting TS% 60 or more. He does seem to be a bit injury prone (fortunately nothing too severe) but for 11 mil its worth the risk even if he opts in as you said.
Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,278

Post#22 » by Godaddycurse » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:21 am

I would also add:

Satoransky
Thad Young
Jeremy Lamb
Dwight Powell
Delon Wright
Eric Bledsoe
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,815

Post#23 » by psman2 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:49 am

youngcrev wrote:
psman2 wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:Chris Paul
Al Horford
Terry Rozier

Who is taking Horford for expirings with no other assets attached per the OP's premise?

I think you've got the premise flipped.

The OP stated no assets going either way. So not sure where I am getting this part of his premise wrong.
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#24 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:33 pm

psman2 wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
psman2 wrote:
Who is taking Horford for expirings with no other assets attached per the OP's premise?

I think you've got the premise flipped.

The OP stated no assets going either way. So not sure where I am getting this part of his premise wrong.

OP says who is most talented available for free. Not who you would take for free.

I read that as... for free you can have (list all players), and then sort by on court talent, regardless of how bad the contract is.

As such, I think the answer probably would include John Wall, Blake types, even if their value is perceived to be way less than neutral. Just my read on it.

Return to Trades and Transactions