ImageImageImageImageImage

Dinwiddie- another one

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Re: Dinwiddie- another one 

Post#21 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:48 am

lolwut wrote:Curious to see what kind of permanent lung damage this does to professional athletes.

Dozens of professional athletes have caught it already and recovered.
beanbag
Analyst
And1: 4,391

Post#22 » by beanbag » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:55 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
lolwut wrote:Curious to see what kind of permanent lung damage this does to professional athletes.

Dozens of professionals athletes have caught it already and recovered.

Except we don't know what the long term effects are since this virus has only been around for a few months.
DIEHARD_005
Starter
And1: 902

Post#23 » by DIEHARD_005 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:02 am

DeAndre Jordan caught it as well and won't be reporting to ORL. That's an entire lineup on the floor (incl Kyrie and KD) in Jordan, Chandler, Dinwiddie that are out. Don't know how the NBA will handle this, are the Nets going to add guys just for the sake of fielding a team? this might be an early sign of how real the *** will be on whoever wins the COVID Cup.
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Post#24 » by Zeno » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:15 am

DIEHARD_005 wrote:DeAndre Jordan caught it as well and won't be reporting to ORL. That's an entire lineup on the floor (incl Kyrie and KD) in Jordan, Chandler, Dinwiddie that are out. Don't know how the NBA will handle this, are the Nets going to add guys just for the sake of fielding a team? this might be an early sign of how real the *** will be on whoever wins the COVID Cup.

This is pretty much done. It seemed foolhardy from the start, especially having teams go back to their markets first. And from the sounds of it, the Nets players weren’t happy about the Nets not going straight to the Orlando bubble.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#25 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:36 am

beanbag wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Except we don't know what the long term effects are since this virus has only been around for a few months.

The permanent lung damage occurs during the infection period. If they don't have it after recovering, they won't ever get it.
beanbag
Analyst

Post#26 » by beanbag » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:52 am

Raps in 4 wrote:
beanbag wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

The permanent lung damage occurs during the infection period. If they don't have it after recovering, they won't ever get it.

We don't know what is going to happen to people infected a year or two down the road. I'm not just talking about the lung infection.
rocky_da_best
Assistant Coach
And1: 8,850

Post#27 » by rocky_da_best » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:05 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes...

First round will be a cake walk for us

At this point nets are at least falling down to the 8th seed so I doubt we play them.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#28 » by Kevin Willis » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 am

1. Nets players seem to be either dumb or they were planning something to not play. My bet is dumb and foolish.
2. Doesn't matter who goes down really, we had seasons where almost our entire starting line-up was down. We weren't very good but whatever. Clippers had a post-season where all their star players were down. You play with who you have. If the Nets really wanted to play they would quarantine for 14 days and then rejoin. They just don't want to play, don't feel bad for them.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,822

Post#29 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:06 am

rocky_da_best wrote:
LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes...

At this point nets are at least falling down to the 8th seed so I doubt we play them.

Raptors vs Magic Rematch! LETS GOOO 8-)
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,692

Post#30 » by Zeno » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:28 am

Kevin Willis wrote:1. Nets players seem to be either dumb or they were planning something to not play. My bet is dumb and foolish.
2. Doesn't matter who goes down really, we had seasons where almost our entire starting line-up was down. We weren't very good but whatever. Clippers had a post-season where all their star players were down. You play with who you have. If the Nets really wanted to play they would quarantine for 14 days and then rejoin. They just don't want to play, don't feel bad for them.

It sounds as if you are suggesting at least the slight possibility that Dinwiddie and Jordan, in an attempt to not go to Orlando but still get paid intentionally infected themselves with Covid-19. Let me suggest it is more entertaining if you imagine Kyrie is behind it all.

But really, I know we are just random guys on the internet but we've got no basis for such conspiracies. Nor is it really fair to assume they were acting dumb or foolishly in order to get infected. Also players being out with injures are a part of the game, this is not. And while people often talk of the injury bug, it is not actually contagious. If the Long Island Nets have to play in the bubble, it's going to be a joke.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#31 » by Kevin Willis » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:35 am

Zeno wrote:
Kevin Willis wrote:1. Nets players seem to be either dumb or they were planning something to not play. My bet is dumb and foolish.

It sounds as if you are suggesting at least the slight possibility that Dinwiddie and Jordan, in an attempt to not go to Orlando but still get paid intentionally infected themselves with Covid-19. Let me suggest it is more entertaining if you imagine Kyrie is behind it all.

But really, I know we are just random guys on the internet but we've got no basis for such conspiracies. Nor is it really fair to assume they were acting dumb or foolishly in order to get infected. Also players being out with injures are a part of the game, this is not. And while people often talk of the injury bug, it is not actually contagious. If the Long Island Nets have to play in the bubble, it's going to be a joke.

Haha - no way they conspired that. They were foolish and irresponsible to get it. Probably not practising full safety measures.

Injuries can feel like it's contagious when one player goes down after another. It's easier to prevent the spread of the virus than to prevent a series of injuries. At this point they've come too far to pull back now. Critical mass is probably closer to 20 - 25 % of players if I was to guess. We're around 6, we will need more players to get it.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#32 » by RaptorsNorth » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:06 am

“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Post#33 » by RaptorsNorth » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:04 pm

Everybody is getting sick!

Players are going to be out there dribbling the ball like Carroll for the first game.

Read on Twitter
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,891

Post#34 » by ItsDanger » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:08 pm

I notice a pattern developing.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#35 » by nabbs » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:41 am

A lot of guys think these players are angels and follow social distancing protocols to a T. The test of the NBa is to see who gets infected once inside the bubble

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,378

Post#36 » by visionquest » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:09 am

sounds like certain players want their $ but dont wanna play
beanbag
Analyst

Post#37 » by beanbag » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:22 am

visionquest wrote:sounds like certain players want their $ but dont wanna play

And you're basing this off what?
rapsdontlie
Pro Prospect
And1: 985

Post#38 » by rapsdontlie » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:02 am

Reeko wrote:I hope the NBA has the players signing air tight liability waivers, because if guys get permanent lung damage that results in shortened careers this could get ugly.

Pun intended?
Reeko
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 32,888

Post#39 » by Reeko » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:44 am

rapsdontlie wrote:
Reeko wrote:I hope the NBA has the players signing air tight liability waivers, because if guys get permanent lung damage that results in shortened careers this could get ugly.

Pun intended?

Nah, wouldn't be appropriate.
Clay Davis wrote:COMPOSED ONLY OF THE COOLEST WOMEN AND THE HOTTEST GUYS, THE TORONTO RAPTORS REALGM BOARD HAS LONG BEEN KNOWN FOR ITS HIGH-QUALITY DISCUSSION, PASSIONATE LOYALTY, TEMPERATE CELEBRATIONS OF VICTORY, AND GRACE IN DEFEAT.
jimmy keys
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,889

Post#40 » by jimmy keys » Thu Jul 2, 2020 4:27 am

LoveMyRaps wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes...

First round bye. Makes you wonder why they didn't just invite the top 8 teams play 2 exhibition games then get straight to 7 games series.

Return to Toronto Raptors