Who Wants Evan Fournier?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,732

Re: Who Wants Evan Fournier? 

Post#21 » by gswhoops » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:31 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Isn't lumping in Bamba the exact opposite of the thread idea?

Fair.

GS and Orlando is a tough nut to crack because the pieces are there but making them match in a way that makes both teams satisfied is tricky. Fournier for TPE + some asset (not our pick this year or the MIN pick) could work if Orlando wants to clear salary but GS doesn't really have a ton of intermediate assets.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Post#22 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:01 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:Isn't lumping in Bamba the exact opposite of the thread idea?

No idea why. I find that statement puzzling.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#23 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:15 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Bimbo_Coles wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:Bamba + Fournier (via TPE) + #15

FOR

Looney + GSW 2020 FRP (#3)

Magic draft BPA, but ideally a guard next to Fultz.

Don’t hate it for the Warriors, if they believe in Bamba’s upside.

Agreed. Wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't hate it, especially if we could nab Saddiq Bey or Patrick Williams at 15.

Would Warriors’ fans prefer Fournier or Oubre Jr.?
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Post#24 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:23 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:

NYG wrote:With Aaron Gordon and Nikola Vucevic themed threads already out there, let’s complete the Orlando rebuild with an opted in Fournier thread. What is the best return for Fournier?

Teams rarely rebuild by trading their young high upside prospects on rookie contracts. Insead they usually rebuild by trading off vets. As such, I would have lumping a guy like Ross in here as consistent with the OP's idea, and an idea like trading Isaac (or Bamba, or Fultz) as counter to the thread idea.
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#25 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:30 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:

NYG wrote:With Aaron Gordon and Nikola Vucevic themed threads already out there, let’s complete the Orlando rebuild with an opted in Fournier thread. What is the best return for Fournier?

Teams rarely rebuild by trading their young high upside prospects on rookie contracts. Insead they usually rebuild by trading off vets. As such, I would have lumping a guy like Ross in here as consistent with the OP's idea, and an idea like trading Isaac (or Bamba, or Fultz) as counter to the thread idea.

It’s a consolidation trade. They go even younger. Teams rebuilding often compline multiple draft picks, collection of youth, all in the name of consolidation. In this case a top 3 pick is achieved.

In Bamba’s specific situation in Orlando, he has had his chances to be COF and hasn’t beaten out Vucevic (albeit a quality Vucevic). After this trade Magic can draft Wiseman (if on the board) or continue to roll with Vucevic — and maybe he gets moved for COF.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,525

Post#26 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:34 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:No idea why. I find that statement puzzling.

It’s a consolidation trade. They go even younger. Teams rebuilding often compline multiple draft picks, collection of youth, all in the name of consolidation. In this case a top 3 pick is achieved.

In Bamba’s specific situation in Orlando, he has had his chances to be COF and hasn’t beaten out Vucevic (albeit a quality Vucevic). After this trade Magic can draft Wiseman (if on the board) or continue to roll with Vucevic — and maybe he gets moved for COF.

Fournier plus Bamba for Lavine
is where Bamba first came up, and is the sort of trade that is the opposite of a rebuilding move. Consolidating Bamba to a top 3 pick would be rebuild consistent imo, although given how raw Bamba still is he definitely feels like a rebuilding piece to me.
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#27 » by tiderulz » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:46 pm

JRoy wrote:I think he’d be a great 6th man on the right team. Not sure he’s a strong starter.

The trick might be finding the team with that need and matching salary.

MIN maybe or MEM?

not a strong starter? 19 ppg, 40% on 3's last year. yeah, he is fine as a stater. just depends on his role, he shouldnt be #1-2 option. would be fine as a #3 option and utilize his outside shooting. but he can also drive when needed.
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by gswhoops » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:49 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
Bimbo_Coles wrote:
Don’t hate it for the Warriors, if they believe in Bamba’s upside.

Agreed. Wouldn't be my first choice but I wouldn't hate it, especially if we could nab Saddiq Bey or Patrick Williams at 15.

Would Warriors’ fans prefer Fournier or Oubre Jr.?

Personally, Oubre.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#29 » by Buzzard » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:04 pm

Fournier and Ross is the best players the Magic have who matches up on the court with Vucevic and Bamba. If you plan on trading Fournier without get a 3PT shooter or point guard back, its tear down time in Orlando.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#30 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:07 pm

How about a one stop shop for all Magic vets...

To Warriors: Fournier (via TPE) + Vucevic + #16

To Suns: A. Gordon

To Wolves: Oubre Jr. + Looney

To Magic: Wiggins + 2020 GSW FRP + JJ + Vanderbilt or Spellman or Evans + #33

--

Warriors complete lineup, if Vucevic isn’t center for them he is non-negative-Wiggins trade ballast + #16 + Wolves 2021 + GSW 2022.
C: Vucevic
F: Green
F: Fournier
G: Klay
G: Curry

Suns finally swap Oubre Jr for A. Gordon — making way for Bridges at SF.
C: Ayton
F: Gordon | Johnson
F: Bridges | Johnson
G: Booker
G: Rubio | #10 GOF

Wolves consolidate to Oubre Jr.
C: Towns
F: Gomez
F: Oubre Jr. | Culver
G: Beasley | Okogie
G: Russell | Culver
Plus top 4 FRP.

Magic get a top 4 pick for their rebuild.
C: Bamba
F: Isaac
F: Wiggins | Okeke
G: 2020 FRP (GSW or Own) | Wiggins
G: Fultz
loserX
Senior Mod - NBA TnT Forum
And1: 26,046

Post#31 » by loserX » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:13 pm

NotACat wrote:
loserX wrote:Are we assuming he opts in? Or is this an S&T?

He's an SG who can shoot and not be a complete liability on defence, so there will be some interest. A lot of teams could use that, but the question as always is how much does he want, and will teams give up assets on top of that.

I imagine most players with POs will opt in considering how much money the NBA has last already and is set to lose if COVID continues

That's entirely possible...though some may also think a long-term deal looks a lot more appetizing than one year plus who knows?

It will really depend on what teams' appetite for spending is, and we don't know that yet! I suspect agents like Fournier's will probably be talking to a lot of teams about what kind of offers their client might hypothetically, conceivably, totally-not-tamperingly get on the open market before deciding what to do about options.
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,687

Post#32 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:17 pm

Fournier certainly opts in unless his agent can work out a long-term deal specifically with Orlando. And it sure seems like both sides benefit from that route. I think Orlando should trade him or extend him.

I like him. Doesn't really have a spot in Dallas with THJ/Curry, but he's definitely a solid starting wing.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#33 » by Buzzard » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:19 pm

loserX wrote:
NotACat wrote:
loserX wrote:Are we assuming he opts in? Or is this an S&T?

He's an SG who can shoot and not be a complete liability on defence, so there will be some interest. A lot of teams could use that, but the question as always is how much does he want, and will teams give up assets on top of that.

I imagine most players with POs will opt in considering how much money the NBA has last already and is set to lose if COVID continues

That's entirely possible...though some may also think a long-term deal looks a lot more appetizing than one year plus who knows?

It will really depend on what teams' appetite for spending is, and we don't know that yet! I suspect agents like Fournier's will probably be talking to a lot of teams about what kind of offers their client might hypothetically, conceivably, totally-not-tamperingly get on the open market before deciding what to do about options.

I agree that some players will want some long term security. Jerami Grant has already said things in that regard. Fournier is tough to gauge but he is making more than Grant.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by gswhoops » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:58 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:How about a one stop shop for all Magic vets...

--

Warriors complete lineup, if Vucevic isn’t center for them he is non-negative-Wiggins trade ballast + #16 + Wolves 2021 + GSW 2022.

Plus top 4 FRP.

I’m not a huge fan of Vuc but I think I’d have to take this for GS
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#35 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:09 pm

I wouldn't mind the Hawks getting him using capspace, but our top #8 pick is too high and it's doubtful any of the young wings are on the table. Tough to make a trade.
Hawks have the OKC 2022 1st (top 20 protected, then 2nds).
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#36 » by NotACat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:17 pm

jayu70 wrote:I wouldn't mind the Hawks getting him using capspace, but our top #8 pick is too high and it's doubtful any of the young wings are on the table. Tough to make a trade.

Would #8 be on the table if Orlando was offering Fournier and 15?
Black Lives Matter
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,913

Post#37 » by jayu70 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:23 pm

NotACat wrote:
jayu70 wrote:I wouldn't mind the Hawks getting him using capspace, but our top #8 pick is too high and it's doubtful any of the young wings are on the table. Tough to make a trade.

That's intersting. Fournier would have to sign an extention, and I guess it all would depend on who is available at #15
Texas Chuck
And1: 88,687

Post#38 » by Texas Chuck » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:27 pm

jayu70 wrote:
NotACat wrote:

That's intersting. Fournier would have to sign an extention, and I guess it all would depend on who is available at #15

Atlanta wouldn't get to know who was available at 15 since they'd have to pick for Orlando at 8. That is the inflection point.
ThunderBolt wrote:I’m going to let some of you in on a little secret I learned on realgm. If you don’t like a thread, not only do you not have to comment but you don’t even have to open it and read it. You’re welcome.
Magic_Johnny12
RealGM
And1: 8,450

Post#39 » by Magic_Johnny12 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:59 pm

Looking at the available free agents and our depth at the position I think Orlando bites the bullet and resigns Fournier and figures it later, similar to Vucevic.

Fournier receives a lot of unwarranted hate, but he’s a severely underrated defender and provides the most coveted skills in the NBA (scoring/shooting) and is entering his prime.

He’s not untouchable, but Orlando is already starved of tangible assets so any trade would have to make a lot of sense. So that means we’re not attaching Bamba or Gordon unless it’s for a clear star upgrade.

I also don’t think this is the draft you attach him to our pick for a marginal jump (Atlanta). Orlando could easily draft a similar prospect at #16
PM me if you can help a brotha finally get an AVI.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#40 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:04 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:How about a one stop shop for all Magic vets...

--

Plus top 4 FRP.

Gordon, Fournier, Vucevic and #15-16 for a neutral to negative package of Wiggins and a top 5 pick ? I think thats one of the worst trades for us i have ever seen on this forum.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !

Return to Trades and Transactions