NBA To Paint 'Black Lives Matter' On All Courts In Orlando

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

NBA To Paint 'Black Lives Matter' On All Courts In Orlando 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:57 am

The NBA and NBPA agreed to paint "Black Lives Matter" on the court inside both sidelines in all three arenas where the league will play at Walt Disney World.

Players have insisted that the fight for racial equality and social justice be a central part of the NBA's return to play and the WNBA's new season.

Several high-profile players in both leagues participated in protests around the country.

Chris Paul also revealed to the union that players will be allowed to wear uniforms with personalized messages linked to social justice on the backs of their jerseys in place of players' last names.

Via Zach Lowe, Ramona Shelburne/ESPN

nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,676

Re: NBA To Paint 'Black Lives Matter' On All Courts In Orlando 

Post#2 » by nedleeds » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:42 pm

Why is Kyrie's picture on this article? He's not getting on the court.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#3 » by PDXKnight » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:11 pm

This is dumb, why not all lives matter? I understand the calls for better treatment of minorities but statistics show time and time again police are in fact more likely to kill a white man on average than a black man. And don’t give me “all lives matter is a racist statement” that is a statement that is the result of media brainwashing
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#4 » by BigHustle » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm

Oden2 wrote:This is dumb, why not all lives matter? I understand the calls for better treatment of minorities but statistics show time and time again police are in fact more likely to kill a white man on average than a black man. And don’t give me “all lives matter is a racist statement” that is a statement that is the result of media brainwashing

It’s not exclusionary for other people but trying to right a historic wrong. It is difficult when everyone has their own opinion of what it means and the initial message against police discrimination is now a big tent issue to elect Biden.
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#5 » by FreeBoosie » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 pm

Oden2 wrote:This is dumb, why not all lives matter? I understand the calls for better treatment of minorities but statistics show time and time again police are in fact more likely to kill a white man on average than a black man. And don’t give me “all lives matter is a racist statement” that is a statement that is the result of media brainwashing

Lol that’s such a flawed point man. Black people make up 13% of the US population while 60% are white so saying whites are killed more isn’t really a strong case considering they make up 4 times the population.
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#6 » by alienpick » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:47 pm

Its because they are scrambling and found an easy out. Rather than put some thought into their message they are just going to parrot the popular thing to do; which is, unfortunately, supporting a self admitted Markist-led organization that is taking advantage of a terrible situation to gain funding for their attempted take down of American Capitalism. Stupid, gullible, Adam Silver... and all the other poor Americans that were suckered into this.

Don't support BLM or give them funding. Find another way to contribute to eradicating racism that isn't putting money in the pockets of self admitted anti-American communists.
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 181

Post#7 » by Rip32 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:00 pm

What about

13th Amendment, slavery still exists

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 181

Post#8 » by Rip32 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:02 pm

Show me a video of a white man being treated like George Floyd. America has more laws that treat dogs with better dignity than a black man

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#9 » by PDXKnight » Tue Jul 7, 2020 12:25 pm

Rip32 wrote:

Show me a video of a white man being treated like George Floyd. America has more laws that treat dogs with better dignity than a black man

That’s the thing Americans don’t seem to care if a white man is treated like George Floyd but I’ve seen plenty of cops episodes that show similar actions
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#10 » by PDXKnight » Tue Jul 7, 2020 12:26 pm

FreeBoosie wrote:

Lol that’s such a flawed point man. Black people make up 13% of the US population while 60% are white so saying whites are killed more isn’t really a strong case considering they make up 4 times the population.

I was talking per capita hence the words “on average”

Return to Wiretap Discussion