ImageImageImageImageImage

TIEBREAKER 24 hour VOTE! onyeka okongwu vs cole anthony

Moderators: mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule

Who would you pick?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:55 pm

onyeka okongwu
52%
cole anthony
48%

Total votes: 56

B8RcDeMktfxC
General Manager
And1: 5,355

Re: TIEBREAKER 24 hour VOTE! onyeka okongwu vs cole anthony 

Post#61 » by B8RcDeMktfxC » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:39 pm

Obviously going to try to keep this tied up. Repeat again tomorrow imo.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#62 » by HEZI » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:40 pm

malik959 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
malik959 wrote:Really? For months they had him going to the Knicks even when we were lower on the boards.

Okongu is one of 4 "Tier 1" players on their player ranking. The other 3 are Lamelo Ball, James Wiseman and Killian Hayes. Cole Anthony is in the middle of the pack in the group titled "The Rest". This is on player ranking exclusively of who they think a team would bite on and pick. Their big board hasn't changed in months.

IF we are basing the pick on BPA then Okongwu makes much more sense. IF we are basing this pick on positional need then it's a lot easier to argue that Cole Anthony may be the pick. Which is why both guys are tied in all likelihood.

They have got to be the worst top 4 ever. In any other draft those players would barely make top ten with all of their flaws but people are willing to pay them 20mil the next few years. I'd take Cole at ten over Melo at 1 any day.

MKG was the 2nd overall pick once. Thomas Robinson went 5th. Somebody thought they were BPA at the time. Another time Derrick Williams went 2nd overall. Tristan Thompson went 4th overall. In these same drafts guys like Kawhi, Kemba, Dame Lillard, Klay Thompson, Tobias Harris, Khris Middleton got picked later. Never trust this "BPA according to mocks" stuff.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
HEZI
RealGM

Post#63 » by HEZI » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:54 pm

We took BPA last year, took a kid who averaged 22 per game as a freshman and now he's "not shown to be more than Thaddeus Young" but the same person is saying we need to go BPA because we lack talent and expect Onyeka to become a 16 PPG scorer in the NBA when RJ Barrett himself hasn't done that yet. If RJ isn't moving the needle, Onyeka sure as hell isn't.
DENVER NUGGETS
Fat
RealGM
And1: 23,663

Post#64 » by Fat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:03 pm

I went with cole

I see oneyka get compared to bam Adeyao but bam is a much better playmaker. Oneyka seems more Tristan Thompson
Miami Heat Baf

Fultz | NAW
Mitchell | Grimes
Trent Jr | DFS
Al Horford | Covington
Adams | Achiuwa
god shammgod
RealGM
And1: 126,001

Post#65 » by god shammgod » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:15 pm

someone who doesn't like melo come in here and vote for cole. and from what i can tell that's most of you. hi melo.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 99,638

Post#66 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:19 pm

god shammgod wrote:someone who doesn't like melo come in here and vote for cole. and from what i can tell that's most of you. hi melo.

jesus
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#67 » by god shammgod » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:24 pm

HEZI wrote:
malik959 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
Okongu is one of 4 "Tier 1" players on their player ranking. The other 3 are Lamelo Ball, James Wiseman and Killian Hayes. Cole Anthony is in the middle of the pack in the group titled "The Rest". This is on player ranking exclusively of who they think a team would bite on and pick. Their big board hasn't changed in months.

IF we are basing the pick on BPA then Okongwu makes much more sense. IF we are basing this pick on positional need then it's a lot easier to argue that Cole Anthony may be the pick. Which is why both guys are tied in all likelihood.

They have got to be the worst top 4 ever. In any other draft those players would barely make top ten with all of their flaws but people are willing to pay them 20mil the next few years. I'd take Cole at ten over Melo at 1 any day.

MKG was the 2nd overall pick once. Thomas Robinson went 5th. Somebody thought they were BPA at the time. Another time Derrick Williams went 2nd overall. Tristan Thompson went 4th overall. In these same drafts guys like Kawhi, Kemba, Dame Lillard, Klay Thompson, Tobias Harris, Khris Middleton got picked later. Never trust this "BPA according to mocks" stuff.

tell them. every single draft order is wrong. and you don't even have to wait years to find out it's wrong. within the 1st year you know some guys are better, and worse, than their draft position. wait 3 or 4 years and it'll look even worse.
8516knicks
Head Coach
And1: 4,719

Post#68 » by 8516knicks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:31 pm

mpharris36 wrote:Since both players tied we need to have a 1 on 1 tiebreaker

I blame the mail-in ballots.
HEZI
RealGM

Post#69 » by HEZI » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:38 pm

god shammgod wrote:
HEZI wrote:
malik959 wrote:

tell them. every single draft order is wrong. and you don't even have to wait years to find out it's wrong. within the 1st year you know some guys are better, and worse, than their draft position. wait 3 or 4 years and it'll look even worse.

This the BPA?

We're screwed if Leon takes him. Fire the scouting department and the entire Front Office
DENVER NUGGETS
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#70 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:46 pm

8516knicks wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:Since both players tied we need to have a 1 on 1 tiebreaker

I blame the mail-in ballots.

are you suggesting voter suppression ??? :lol:

ROSTER

knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#71 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:54 pm

Okongwu shouldn't even be on the Knicks board IMO (top 10 at least); he's a PF/C who doesn't space the floor; not a good fit next to Mitch and RJ, which will end up hindering all their development
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#72 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:01 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:Okongwu shouldn't even be on the Knicks board IMO (top 10 at least); he's a PF/C who doesn't space the floor; not a good fit next to Mitch and RJ, which will end up hindering all their development

being on the big board doesn't mean we shouldn't pick him and potentially trade him....especially if the remaining guards are anthony and kira who I think we can get later in the lottery.

You can still OO but take the value there. Just like Wiseman doesn't fit either I think you could still potentially make a trade. But reach just for fit also doesn't make sense.

ROSTER

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,448

Post#73 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:05 pm

Knicks aren't drafting Onyeka, but I still voted for him. He will most likely be picked top 6. Might as well just get him off the board
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#74 » by mpharris36 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:07 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Knicks aren't drafting Onyeka, but I still voted for him. He will most likely be picked top 6. Might as well just get him off the board

make a trade then. No point in completely forcing a pick especially in this scenario with the 3 best PG off the board.

ROSTER

Capn'O
Senior Mod - Knicks
Senior Mod - Knicks
And1: 89,967

Post#75 » by Capn'O » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:07 pm

god shammgod wrote:...

I feel like you just want a point guard. As we learned with Mudiay twice (2015 draft and then when we traded for him) just looking at players that "fit" can be dangerous.

Spoiler:
My actual pick at picks 6-X would be Obi if he's on the board. Love Yek but not for us.
BAF Clippers
PG: CP3 | SGA
SG: SGA | Big Ragu
SF: J Brown | Dorture Chamber
PF: Gordon | Niang
C: Capela | Sharpe

Deep Bench - Forrest | Oladipo | Fernando | Young | Svi | Cody Martin

:beer:
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#76 » by knickstape4ever » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:10 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
knickstape4ever wrote:Okongwu shouldn't even be on the Knicks board IMO (top 10 at least); he's a PF/C who doesn't space the floor; not a good fit next to Mitch and RJ, which will end up hindering all their development

being on the big board doesn't mean we shouldn't pick him and potentially trade him....especially if the remaining guards are anthony and kira who I think we can get later in the lottery.

You can still OO but take the value there. Just like Wiseman doesn't fit either I think you could still potentially make a trade. But reach just for fit also doesn't make sense.

even with Wiseman, IMO you only take him if you are sure that he and whatever you trade Mitch for is better than Mitch and the alternative to Wiseman, which is pretty risky IMO, because Mitch is already really good

the only reason I see to take a player like Okongwu would be if they had some sort of deal lined up for a star, similar to what LA did last year taking Hunter....who was then traded for Hayes + Alexander-Walker for NO (the NBA really needs to fix the draft so that it's less confusing)
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,448

Post#77 » by Deeeez Knicks » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:11 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Knicks aren't drafting Onyeka, but I still voted for him. He will most likely be picked top 6. Might as well just get him off the board

make a trade then. No point in completely forcing a pick especially in this scenario with the 3 best PG off the board.

Yea, maybe that is the way to go. Trade down, and can get Cole or Kira or someone else later and get more assets. That could def be on the table as I think Onyeka would have some value as you mention.

So maybe they would draft him...I probably shouldnt rule him out...still voted for him either way
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,168

Post#78 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:13 pm

HEZI wrote:We took BPA last year, took a kid who averaged 22 per game as a freshman and now he's "not shown to be more than Shabaz Mohammed" but the same person is saying we need to go BPA because we lack talent and expect Onyeka to become a 16 PPG scorer in the NBA when RJ Barrett himself hasn't done that yet. If RJ isn't moving the needle, Onyeka sure as hell isn't.

Fixed :D
POSTING POLICIES:
1. Posts are dictated but not proofread most of the time. It depends.
2. All typos are not the fault of the real Harthorne Wingo, may he Rest In Peace.
3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 118,607

Post#79 » by 3toheadmelo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 pm

god shammgod wrote:someone who doesn't like melo come in here and vote for cole. and from what i can tell that's most of you. hi melo.

Looks like more people like me than you looking at the votes :o
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
god shammgod
RealGM

Post#80 » by god shammgod » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:22 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:

Looks like more people like me than you looking at the votes :o

it's fine with me because i hate you all

Return to New York Knicks