Offers for Knox?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,525

Re: Offers for Knox? 

Post#21 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:41 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:I think the responses this post exemplifies why the Knicks should keep him. If he holds such little value around the league then we are better off holding onto him to see if he can turn things around.

One reason the Knicks might still sell low, is that they need to decide before next season if they are going to pick up his 21-22 option for $5,845,978, thus committing '21 cap ahead of time.

The other reason would be he has been abysmal, and has two years to show signs of NBA skills and hasn't shown having these skills for offense, defense, or rebounding.

Is getting a high 2nd rounder for a guy who has looked as poor in the NBA as Knox has really a bad idea? Mitchell Robinson was a 36th pick, we have seen 2nd round picks make impacts even on the Knicks.
BlazersBroncos
RealGM
And1: 7,873

Post#22 » by BlazersBroncos » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:51 pm

TPE, Simons, Hezonja and #14 for Ntilikina, Knox and the 27 would be my offer. It would have to be consummated after the draft due to the Blazers tax status.

Ya, I am out on that. I don't see it with Frank, I think he totally lacks PG skills and is a defensive backup SG moving forward, much like a Thabo. But even that career path isn't a given.

And to me Knox isn't a NBA player at this point. He may be worth middling SRP but I wouldn't move a top 40 pick for him.

I wouldn't move Simons or 14 for Frank, much less both for him and a player I don't see as rotation worthy on even a bad team right now. Its also worth noting that both Frank and Knox are quite overpaid for what they provide, particularly the latter.
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#23 » by Knickfan1982 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:53 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:I think the responses this post exemplifies why the Knicks should keep him. If he holds such little value around the league then we are better off holding onto him to see if he can turn things around.

One reason the Knicks might still sell low, is that they need to decide before next season if they are going to pick up his 21-22 option for $5,845,978, thus committing '21 cap ahead of time.

The other reason would be he has been abysmal, and has two years to show signs of NBA skills and hasn't shown having these skills for offense, defense, or rebounding.

Is getting a high 2nd rounder for a guy who has looked as poor in the NBA as Knox has really a bad idea? Mitchell Robinson was a 36th pick, we have seen 2nd round picks make impacts even on the Knicks.

I get that but I am hoping against hope that the guys running the organization now will give our young players the freedom to fail.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,355

Post#24 » by pipfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:55 pm

I didn't realize he had been this bad. I have only seen him a bit, but he looked ok to me.

NY should just keep him-he does have talent. He could be a nice 3/4 bench forward, if a good coach gets hold of him
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,743

Post#25 » by azwfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:28 pm

gswhoops wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:I like the Kings or the Warriors:

Kings offer: #42 + 2021 Kings or Grizzlies 2nd round pick (least favorable)
Warriors offer: #51 + 2021 Denver or Minnesota 2nd round pick (least favorable) + TPE

Warriors are a bad fit for Knox. We need ready depth, not projects and he needs to go to a team that can let him develop and play through mistakes.

Agreed, there are higher priorities. However, if we don't make any notable additions this summer... it may be advantageous to swap one of our 3rd string guards (we have quite a few) for a 3rd string SF with good size. How can NYK resist? hahah

I will say though that Knox may look much better in GSW motion offense... and some time with Green and Curry may be good for him.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
HartfordWhalers
And1: 20,525

Post#26 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:32 pm

How much would Knox cost GS?
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#27 » by orlando_joe » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:41 pm

i could see magic give 45th pick and ennis and or frazier
gswhoops
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,731

Post#28 » by gswhoops » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:45 pm

azwfan wrote:
gswhoops wrote:
Bentley1225 wrote:I like the Kings or the Warriors:

Kings offer: #42 + 2021 Kings or Grizzlies 2nd round pick (least favorable)
Warriors offer: #51 + 2021 Denver or Minnesota 2nd round pick (least favorable) + TPE

Warriors are a bad fit for Knox. We need ready depth, not projects and he needs to go to a team that can let him develop and play through mistakes.

Agreed, there are higher priorities. However, if we don't make any notable additions this summer... it may be advantageous to swap one of our 3rd string guards (we have quite a few) for a 3rd string SF with good size. How can NYK resist? hahah

I will say though that Knox may look much better in GSW motion offense... and some time with Green and Curry may be good for him.

That sounds good in theory, but Knox is bad at everything basketball-related right now. Trading for him is gambling on his length & athleticism and hoping you can (1) get his head on straight and then (2) develop him into a useful player.

I’d rather give JTA that roster spot, and he costs the league minimum and no assets.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#29 » by Skybox » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:58 pm

ORL loves a good gentle reclamation project. I always have a hard time accepting that a really young guy just "forgot" how to play and I want to blame the environment, fit, coach, etc and then I figure we can "steal" him.

On the other hand, you could probably talk me into giving Hezonja another try, so don't listen to me.
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,913

Post#30 » by ChettheJet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:01 pm

I would like to see him on the Bulls but they have no room for him unless they could deal Otto Porter.

Knox is much like Chandler Hutchison, looked good at times but not there yet. Hutchison's problem is getting injured too often, and struggling to find his place when he returns. When Porter was out the last 2 years he could have shown what he was capable of but, injured nearly as long as Porter. Knox seems to have regressed and I would blame that on the totally messed up Knick franchise. If they're tanking the play the young guys and see what they can do so you know where to draft and look for big FA signings. But they continue to bring in veterans with short term contracts who take up playing time. Tell him where he fits in, for the Bulls he and Hutchison share time at the SF and the better player gets more minutes. That's simlpe enough for any young player to understand and show what he can do.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#31 » by Buzzard » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:36 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:In not much of a surprise, sounds like he could be available.

Read on Twitter

I think the responses this post exemplifies why the Knicks should keep him. If he holds such little value around the league then we are better off holding onto him to see if he can turn things around.

The real advantage to trading him is if 5 million in cap can be better spent. Otherwise hold on to him.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#32 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:47 pm

Texas Chuck wrote:If I'm a tanking team I'd be willing to add him but I can't imagine giving up a top 45 pick for him. Maybe I give up a "prospect" I've already concluded can't play.

TJ Leaf, it is!
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#33 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:47 pm

matt6715 wrote:Malik Monk and #32 for Knox?

I'm not a Monk lover, but Malik has shown MUCH more thus far than Knox has. I would imagine that Charlotte would value Malik at least on par with Knox, if not more positively.
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#34 » by NotACat » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:08 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
matt6715 wrote:Malik Monk and #32 for Knox?

I'm not a Monk lover, but Malik has shown MUCH more thus far than Knox has. I would imagine that Charlotte would value Malik at least on par with Knox, if not more positively.

I was thinking the same thing. He may have even less value because of the cocaine problem...
Black Lives Matter
Knickfan1982
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,158

Post#35 » by Knickfan1982 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:56 pm

Buzzard wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:
HartfordWhalers wrote:In not much of a surprise, sounds like he could be available.

Read on Twitter

I think the responses this post exemplifies why the Knicks should keep him. If he holds such little value around the league then we are better off holding onto him to see if he can turn things around.

The real advantage to trading him is if 5 million in cap can be better spent. Otherwise hold on to him.

I don't see that 5 million dollars being useful enough to justify it. If it turns out we need the money we could revisit this kind of deal later but until then I would rather bet on his upside.
Why rely on nuance, facts and logic when you can bludgeon the other side with mindless repetition of "Duuur McDaniel's has potential :tooth and still be treated as if you were reasonable.
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#36 » by Buzzard » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Knickfan1982 wrote:
Buzzard wrote:
Knickfan1982 wrote:

I don't see that 5 million dollars being useful enough to justify it. If it turns out we need the money we could revisit this kind of deal later but until then I would rather bet on his upside.

I would be against it for the Hawks. I want them to use the cap we have this season on better free agents. But Knox is definitely the cheap priced kind of player Schlenk has been know to reach for. See Len, Dedmon the 1st time around, Parker, Skal, and Jones.

I think Parker was the most expensive get out of that list at 8.5 million. Dedmon signed for more when he went to the Kings. All I can say is, in most cases we got what we paid for. Not much.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Chicago-Bull-E
RealGM
And1: 7,223

Post#37 » by Chicago-Bull-E » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:37 pm

Chandler Hutchinson
KC: Do you still think you're a championship-caliber team?
Gar: I never said that and correct me if I'm wrong
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Post#38 » by Mr B » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:14 pm

When is he a free agent? I’d love to see the Mavs target him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nate the Great
Pro Prospect
And1: 380

Post#39 » by Nate the Great » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:18 pm

The Knicks have so many guys shooting under .400 that you have to wonder if it’s a cultural or coaching issue. I thought Knox’s defense looked a little better this year, but otherwise he didn’t look like an NBA player. Some team might take him, thinking they can fix him.

Black Lives Matter
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#40 » by Resistance » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:42 pm

Mr B wrote:When is he a free agent? I’d love to see the Mavs target him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on what the Knicks decide to do with his contract.

Knicks Team Salary

Return to Trades and Transactions