Who Wants Evan Fournier?

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

rugbyrugger23
RealGM
And1: 1,336

Re: Who Wants Evan Fournier? 

Post#41 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:19 pm

zaymon wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:How about a one stop shop for all Magic vets...

To Warriors: Fournier (via TPE) + Vucevic + #16

To Suns: A. Gordon

To Wolves: Oubre Jr. + Looney

To Magic: Wiggins + 2020 GSW FRP + JJ + Vanderbilt or Spellman or Evans + #33

--

Warriors complete lineup, if Vucevic isn’t center for them he is non-negative-Wiggins trade ballast + #16 + Wolves 2021 + GSW 2022.
C: Vucevic
F: Green
F: Fournier
G: Klay
G: Curry

Suns finally swap Oubre Jr for A. Gordon — making way for Bridges at SF.
C: Ayton
F: Gordon | Johnson
F: Bridges | Johnson
G: Booker
G: Rubio | #10 GOF

Wolves consolidate to Oubre Jr.
C: Towns
F: Gomez
F: Oubre Jr. | Culver
G: Beasley | Okogie
G: Russell | Culver
Plus top 4 FRP.

Magic get a top 4 pick for their rebuild.
C: Bamba
F: Isaac
F: Wiggins | Okeke
G: 2020 FRP (GSW or Own) | Wiggins
G: Fultz

Gordon, Fournier, Vucevic and #15-16 for a neutral to negative package of Wiggins and a top 5 pick ? I think thats one of the worst trades for us i have ever seen on this forum.

First of all the #16 is Wolves FRP and not Magic #15.

Second, I think Wiggins for Vooch is closer than most here will say. Wiggins is negative (but not as negative as most think) and Vooch is slight positive maybe (to neutral value?). Does a top 5 pick close that gap and get Gordon? I think so and slight more needed by way of Magic.

Third, does expiring Fournier for Iggy TPE get Magic more than a couple of SRPs? Maybe. Does Magic needing to give more because Wiggins + Top 4 FRP > Vucevic + Gordon? Maybe.

All in all I think value is close. Lol at “worst trade I have ever seen on this forum.” I appreciate the attempt at humor and sensationalism, but save those titles for when actually needed.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#42 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:51 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:How about a one stop shop for all Magic vets...

To Warriors: Fournier (via TPE) + Vucevic + #16

To Suns: A. Gordon

To Wolves: Oubre Jr. + Looney

To Magic: Wiggins + 2020 GSW FRP + JJ + Vanderbilt or Spellman or Evans + #33

--

Warriors complete lineup, if Vucevic isn’t center for them he is non-negative-Wiggins trade ballast + #16 + Wolves 2021 + GSW 2022.
C: Vucevic
F: Green
F: Fournier
G: Klay
G: Curry

Suns finally swap Oubre Jr for A. Gordon — making way for Bridges at SF.
C: Ayton
F: Gordon | Johnson
F: Bridges | Johnson
G: Booker
G: Rubio | #10 GOF

Wolves consolidate to Oubre Jr.
C: Towns
F: Gomez
F: Oubre Jr. | Culver
G: Beasley | Okogie
G: Russell | Culver
Plus top 4 FRP.

Magic get a top 4 pick for their rebuild.
C: Bamba
F: Isaac
F: Wiggins | Okeke
G: 2020 FRP (GSW or Own) | Wiggins
G: Fultz

Gordon, Fournier, Vucevic and #15-16 for a neutral to negative package of Wiggins and a top 5 pick ? I think thats one of the worst trades for us i have ever seen on this forum.

Second, I think Wiggins for Vooch is closer than most here will say. Wiggins is negative (but not as negative as most think) and Vooch is slight positive maybe (to neutral value?). Does a top 5 pick close that gap and get Gordon? I think so and slight more needed by way of Magic.

Third, does expiring Fournier for Iggy TPE get Magic more than a couple of SRPs? Maybe. Does Magic needing to give more because Wiggins + Top 4 FRP > Vucevic + Gordon? Maybe.

All in all I think value is close. Lol at “worst trade I have ever seen on this forum.” I appreciate the attempt at humor and sensationalism, but save those titles for when actually needed.

I wrote 15-16 becouse there is real chance we will take 7th seed from Brooklyn, and thats the nets pick.
I dont know how you value this years draft, but its widely considered as very shallow at the top. Wiggins is one of the worst contracts in the nba until he proves otherwise. Wolves had to add a propably quite valueable pick in a strong 2021 draft to aquire a mediocre player on a bad contract in Dlo.( mediocre to his contract).
I am a homer but Vucevic is a better player than Dlo, and even if you think Dlo is better, his contract is way worse.
Vucevic and 15 for Wiggins and 1 seems fair to me value wise altough i wouldnt do it becouse i dont like Edwards (and his salary will be brutal) and i really dont like Wiggins, while i like Vucevic and i like players in mid first round range ( especially on their contract).
Why exactly add Gordon who is on a descending contract and while not a star, is a very good role player worth mid to late lottery pick this year.
Adding Fournier to this package seems even more outlandish.
To me we are giving Gordon and Fournier for free and propably lose on a Vucevic + 15 for Wiggins+ 1 mostly for financial reasons but also talent level
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#43 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:19 pm

zaymon wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
zaymon wrote:Gordon, Fournier, Vucevic and #15-16 for a neutral to negative package of Wiggins and a top 5 pick ? I think thats one of the worst trades for us i have ever seen on this forum.

I wrote 15-16 becouse there is real chance we will take 7th seed from Brooklyn, and thats the nets pick.
I dont know how you value this years draft, but its widely considered as very shallow at the top. Wiggins is one of the worst contracts in the nba until he proves otherwise. Wolves had to add a propably quite valueable pick in a strong 2021 draft to aquire a mediocre player on a bad contract in Dlo.( mediocre to his contract).
I am a homer but Vucevic is a better player than Dlo, and even if you think Dlo is better, his contract is way worse.
Vucevic and 15 for Wiggins and 1 seems fair to me value wise altough i wouldnt do it becouse i dont like Edwards (and his salary will be brutal) and i really dont like Wiggins, while i like Vucevic and i like players in mid first round range ( especially on their contract).
Why exactly add Gordon who is on a descending contract and while not a star, is a very good role player worth mid to late lottery pick this year.
To me we are giving Gordon and Fournier for free and propably lose on a Vucevic + 15 for Wiggins+ 1 mostly for financial reasons but also talent level

Again, the #16 is from Wolves not Magic. Magic keep their FRP.

But, if you think Magic could trade Vucevic + Own #15 and get Wiggins + #1 overall — yeah this scenario wasn’t for you (nor does it align with my value scale).
HartfordWhalers
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
Senior Mod - 76ers and NBA TnT Forum
And1: 20,536

Post#44 » by HartfordWhalers » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:53 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:First of all the #16 is Wolves FRP and not Magic #15.

But, if you think Magic could trade Vucevic + Own #15 and get Wiggins + #1 overall — yeah this scenario wasn’t for you (nor does it align with my value scale).

Not commenting on any of the trade values/proposals, so I cut out a lot of back and forth unrelated to this small point. But the Nets pick could be 15 or 16, as could the Orlando pick; as the draft order is not finalized.
Given the known Nets absences and remaining strength of schedule, I think having Orlando favored for the 7h seed (and 16th pick) makes sense.

I don't think the Nets collapse to the point of losing a play in series with Washington, but there is even the chance they do and the Nets pick doesn't convey this year.
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,154

Post#45 » by zaymon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:19 pm

rugbyrugger23 wrote:
zaymon wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:First of all the #16 is Wolves FRP and not Magic #15.

If we keep our pick i dont like it, but its not the worst :)
To me Vucevic is twice as good as Wiggins, but 30% cheaper( 10M cheaper in 22/23). Wiggins is a bad role player while Vucevic was passable as a first option last year ( he should not be). Thats gigantic difference for a playoff team.
Number one pick costs 10M, while 15 costs 3M. Are you sure that Edwards will be better than Kira Lewis, Rj Hampton, Cole Anthony, Tyrese Maxey ?
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
rugbyrugger23
RealGM

Post#46 » by rugbyrugger23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:24 pm

HartfordWhalers wrote:
rugbyrugger23 wrote:
zaymon wrote:I wrote 15-16 becouse there is real chance we will take 7th seed from Brooklyn, and thats the nets pick.

Not commenting on any of the trade values/proposals, so I cut out a lot of back and forth unrelated to this small point. But the Nets pick could be 15 or 16, as could the Orlando pick; as the draft order is not finalized.
Given the known Nets absences and remaining strength of schedule, I think having Orlando favored for the 7h seed (and 16th pick) makes sense.

I don't think the Nets collapse to the point of losing a play in series with Washington, but there is even the chance they do and the Nets pick doesn't convey this year.

Where 15/16 falls doesn’t matter in this specific scenario. The confusion was if Magic FRP was involved at all — it wasn’t.
Jack Dempsey
Pro Prospect
And1: 514

Post#47 » by Jack Dempsey » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:29 pm

babyjax13 wrote:If Orlando is rebuilding I think Utah would be interested but may not have quite the right assets.

Conley + 24 + prospect (Rayjon Tucker, Tony Bradley, etc.) for Fournier + Aminu

Probably a good starting point and would at least give Orlando a fallback and some leverage

I think that's a very good offer for Orlando. A mentor for Fultz in Conley who'll be on an expiring deal next season + a first rounder + getting rid of Aminu's contract sounds too good for them.
orlando_joe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,659

Post#48 » by orlando_joe » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:10 pm

Jack Dempsey wrote:
babyjax13 wrote:If Orlando is rebuilding I think Utah would be interested but may not have quite the right assets.

Probably a good starting point and would at least give Orlando a fallback and some leverage

I think that's a very good offer for Orlando. A mentor for Fultz in Conley who'll be on an expiring deal next season + a first rounder + getting rid of Aminu's contract sounds too good for them.

so magic go into tax and get rid of best shooter on the team...just to add 24th pick in bad draft ...i dont see it..think they keep fournier unless full tank going on..then sure why not..trade vuc,and ross also..conley can be highest paid ast in nba
Buzzard
RealGM
And1: 7,522

Post#49 » by Buzzard » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:41 pm

If Fournier opts out he will get interest. Like in the 14 - 17 Million a year range. But it is tricky with so few teams with cap. If he opts in, that one year deal takes his value down a large notch than if he was locked up for say three years at 15 per.
BAF Pacers: Unleash Trae!

PG Ice Trae
SG Buddy Hield/Luke Kennard/Brandin Podziemski
SF OG Anunoby/Terrence Ross/Kris Murray
PF Richaun Holmes/JaMychal Green/Chris Livingston
C KAT/Mark Williams
Jack Dempsey
Pro Prospect
And1: 514

Post#50 » by Jack Dempsey » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:50 pm

orlando_joe wrote:
Jack Dempsey wrote:

so magic go into tax and get rid of best shooter on the team...just to add 24th pick in bad draft ...i dont see it..think they keep fournier unless full tank going on..then sure why not..trade vuc,and ross also..conley can be highest paid ast in nba

You're right, I did the math wrong. Orlando would take on way too much salary in this deal. My bad.

Return to Trades and Transactions