ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions 

Post#361 » by LuessiT » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:17 pm

emunney wrote:I feel like Mason has earned the 16th spot, not sure who I'd give 17 to. Would look at Hartenstein, Ellenson, William Howard from the G League. If we go with a Herd guy, I'd go Adams or even Hogg ahead of Cam.

Is there even a single player out there who can truely help us this post season? I guess we could use a third PG in case of catastrophic injury but 99% of the guys available wouldn't see a single minute. This leads me to believe we should use the two roster spots on young players we're looking to bring over next season (or as you said rewarding Herd players even if we've not neccessarily got interest in them long term).
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,328

Post#362 » by crkone » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:33 pm

LuessiT wrote:
emunney wrote:I feel like Mason has earned the 16th spot, not sure who I'd give 17 to. Would look at Hartenstein, Ellenson, William Howard from the G League. If we go with a Herd guy, I'd go Adams or even Hogg ahead of Cam.

Is there even a single player out there who can truely help us this post season? I guess we could use a third PG in case of catastrophic injury but 99% of the guys available wouldn't see a single minute. This leads me to believe we should use the two roster spots on young players we're looking to bring over next season (or as you said rewarding Herd players even if we've not neccessarily got interest in them long term).

I think it will be a determination based on if you have any players not wanting to play or what your thinnest position is just in case someone gets sidelined with the 'rona.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,045

Post#363 » by MVP2110 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:44 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong but the 16th & 17th spots have to be two way guys don't they?
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#364 » by RiotPunch » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:00 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I’d claim Trier

This.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,647

Post#365 » by emunney » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:12 pm

I'd pass on Trier. Yeah, he's a 24 year old 3 level scorer -- he's also not a team player. Maybe he grows up.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
emunney
RealGM

Post#366 » by emunney » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:15 pm

crkone wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

I think it will be a determination based on if you have any players not wanting to play or what your thinnest position is just in case someone gets sidelined with the 'rona.

I'd want someone I can throw in for 10-15 minutes in these 1st 8 games without throwing the whole team off rhythm.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#367 » by Chuck Diesel » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:07 pm

Oh yeah, Mason absolutely deserves some Orlando minutes to help him get that Tim Frazier contract for next season. Can we replace Reynolds this year? Thought that window had passed.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,546

Post#368 » by Frank Nova » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:32 pm

emunney wrote:I'd pass on Trier. Yeah, he's a 24 year old 3 level scorer -- he's also not a team player. Maybe he grows up.

If George Hill were to decide to not play is the only way I’d consider a signing right now. Trier would be a shooting threat I’d look at tho in that situation. Tough to judge anyone based on “team player” coming from NYK.
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#369 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:36 pm

emunney wrote:
crkone wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

I'd want someone I can throw in for 10-15 minutes in these 1st 8 games without throwing the whole team off rhythm.

I'd like them to bring up Jemmerio Jones. He won't score much, but he'll rebound, play defense, and he's a good passer and transition player.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
emunney
RealGM

Post#370 » by emunney » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:12 pm

Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:
crkone wrote:

I'd like them to bring up Jemmerio Jones. He won't score much, but he'll rebound, play defense, and he's a good passer and transition player.

Would be fine with that. I'm attracted to Herd guys for the continuity factor. Just think Reynolds was somewhere in the middle of that roster, about on par with Hogg but 2 years older.

Also turns out the Rockets got William Howard on a 2 way, very good signing imo.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#371 » by LuessiT » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:58 pm

emunney wrote:
Ruzious wrote:
emunney wrote:

Would be fine with that. I'm attracted to Herd guys for the continuity factor. Just think Reynolds was somewhere in the middle of that roster, about on par with Hogg but 2 years older.

Also turns out the Rockets got William Howard on a 2 way, very good signing imo.

Imo it also sends a pretty good message for future herd players that if you do well here, you will get a chance with the Bucks.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,105

Post#372 » by skones » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:00 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
emunney wrote:I'd pass on Trier. Yeah, he's a 24 year old 3 level scorer -- he's also not a team player. Maybe he grows up.

If George Hill were to decide to not play is the only way I’d consider a signing right now. Trier would be a shooting threat I’d look at tho in that situation. Tough to judge anyone based on “team player” coming from NYK.

He got cut from the Knicks for being a malcontent. Think about that for a second. The Knicks, who have absolutely NOTHING to lose, cut an efficient scorer in his second season. That should be a major red flag.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#373 » by Badgerlander » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:36 pm

skones wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

He got cut from the Knicks for being a malcontent. Think about that for a second. The Knicks, who have absolutely NOTHING to lose, cut an efficient scorer in his second season. That should be a major red flag.

But did the Knicks cut him because they really only signed him because he was a friend of durant?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 14,883

Post#374 » by RiotPunch » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:31 pm

skones wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

I thought he was cut more so because he fell out of Mike Miller's rotation, is a Klutch client (Rose/Paul rivalry), and is about to be a free agent?

Even so, if there are character issues, I trust our locker room. After rejecting the Cavs, it seems Trier wants to be on a real team, not a dumpster fire like New York or Cleveland. I feel like Rose's character comments were shots at Rich Paul more than anything else.

The dude is a 24-year-old, efficient 3-level scorer that can create for himself and is pretty good in C&S. He doesn't play D, but I imagine that would improve drastically under Bud. We need dudes who can self create and I think he has a pretty high ceiling. I'd take a flyer but would understand not wanting to **** with chemistry.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,631

Post#375 » by StickeeFingaz » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:38 pm

Can I get a picture of the guys in the practice facility? Something? ****.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,974

Post#376 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:54 pm

Next bit of news is probably who tested positive from the Bucks.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#377 » by LuessiT » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:02 pm

RiotPunch wrote:
skones wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:

I thought he was cut more so because he fell out of Mike Miller's rotation, is a Klutch client (Rose/Paul rivalry), and is about to be a free agent?

Even so, if there are character issues, I trust our locker room. After rejecting the Cavs, it seems Trier wants to be on a real team, not a dumpster fire like New York or Cleveland. I feel like Rose's character comments were shots at Rich Paul more than anything else.

The dude is a 24-year-old, efficient 3-level scorer that can create for himself and is pretty good in C&S. He doesn't play D, but I imagine that would improve drastically under Bud. We need dudes who can self create and I think he has a pretty high ceiling. I'd take a flyer but would understand not wanting to **** with chemistry.

That's quite the leap you're taking. I wouldn't even mind giving Trier a shot in the same sense we gave Bender and Wood a shot, but Trier represents a very oversaturated archetype while the other two are more or less archetypes in demand.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,493

Post#378 » by Profound23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:16 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Next bit of news is probably who tested positive from the Bucks.

No, I assume that happens right before the finals.
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,976

Post#379 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:06 am

LuessiT wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:
skones wrote:

That's quite the leap you're taking. I wouldn't even mind giving Trier a shot in the same sense we gave Bender and Wood a shot, but Trier represents a very oversaturated archetype while the other two are more or less archetypes in demand.

Over saturated? The only guard on the team that we have that can come close to what Trier can do offensively is Hill. We desperately need another ball handler on the team especially one that can shoot off the dribble.

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,994

Post#380 » by midranger » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:16 am

Looks like Brogdon moving on offense
Please reconsider your animal consumption.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks