ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16!

Moderators: Jeff Van Gully, dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, mpharris36, GONYK, HerSports85

mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,591

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/25 DRAFT 10/15! 

Post#541 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:31 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:I doubt he’s moving up. Especially with Deni improving his stock

it depends on what the team needs. if a team needs a guard more they will pick Hayes over Deni. If its a team that has a guard I assume Deni will be higher.

They could see Deni as the BPA though with the way his stock is improving. You never know

I think we can make that argument with nearly any prospect in this draft, no?
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#542 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:32 am

WargamesX wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
That’s my question too? Who is this guy?

did you not see Macri's response to being @? :lol: :lol:

Ok here are my favorite scenarios

Thibs
Woodson
Miller

Kidd
Udoka
Miller

Mike Brown
Udoka
Woodson

Miller
Mosley
Hardy

so you are entertaining this ludicris post from a guy that has 4 followers :lol: :lol:

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,394

Post#543 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:37 am

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
it depends on what the team needs. if a team needs a guard more they will pick Hayes over Deni. If its a team that has a guard I assume Deni will be higher.

They could see Deni as the BPA though with the way his stock is improving. You never know

Yes but no other prospect is improving his stock like Deni is right now. This will pave the way for Hayes to be there for us
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#544 » by WargamesX » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:41 am

mpharris36 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Thibs
Woodson
Miller

Kidd
Udoka
Miller

Mike Brown
Udoka
Woodson

Miller
Mosley
Hardy

so you are entertaining this ludicris post from a guy that has 4 followers :lol: :lol:

I thought it was a joke but you said look at the reaction. I guess I misinterpreted it.

Also more interesting than debating these same draft picks for the 10th time
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#545 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:43 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:They could see Deni as the BPA though with the way his stock is improving. You never know

Yes but no other prospect is improving his stock like Deni is right now. This will pave the way for Hayes to be there for us

fair with recency bias...

but what stopping Deni from overtake say Edwards/LaMelo/Wiseman? Why are we just stopping at Hayes?

Most mocks considered Deni a top 5 pick (around that range). Its not like he's coming from a "non lottery pick" to a top 5 from his recent 2-3 game stretch.

ROSTER

3toheadmelo
RealGM
And1: 119,394

Post#546 » by 3toheadmelo » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:03 am

mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

but what stopping Deni from overtake say Edwards/LaMelo/Wiseman? Why are we just stopping at Hayes?

Most mocks considered Deni a top 5 pick (around that range). Its not like he's coming from a "non lottery pick" to a top 5 from his recent 2-3 game stretch.

Deni can definitely overtake Edwards/Lamelo/Wiseman with the way he’s playing now. But then one of those guys will drop and I highly doubt any team will take Hayes over over any of those 3. Which means Hayes will most likely be available at our pick.

You also have guys like Obi and Onyeka who are considered top 6 picks by the consensus too
It’s like when lil bitches make subliminal records, if it ain’t directed directly at me, I don’t respect it
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#547 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:19 am

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Yes but no other prospect is improving his stock like Deni is right now. This will pave the way for Hayes to be there for us

Deni can definitely overtake Edwards/Lamelo/Wiseman with the way he’s playing now. But then one of those guys will drop and I highly doubt any team will take Hayes over over any of those 3. Which means Hayes will most likely be available at our pick.

You also have guys like Obi and Onyeka who are considered top 6 picks by the consensus too

i think all your points are fair. I personally think a team needing a pg (like the knicks) woudl pick Hayes over Wiseman/Obi/OO. You may differ I don't think the cap in these prospects is that fair that Hayes isn't worthy of that type of selection especially when we don't know how the lotteyr is shacking out.

I think we will get a clearer picture in August when we know how the lottery plays out and we see what teams are picking where.

ROSTER

Blockwatcher
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,174

Post#548 » by Blockwatcher » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:03 am

Didn’t know where to post this but he was a homegrown talent about to go to St. John’s. Rest In Peace
https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2020/06/29/nyc-shootings-continue-overnight/
1 John 2 : 15-17
knickstape4ever
Head Coach
And1: 7,026

Post#549 » by knickstape4ever » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:18 am

mpharris36 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

Thibs
Woodson
Miller

Kidd
Udoka
Miller

Mike Brown
Udoka
Woodson

Miller
Mosley
Hardy

yeah this guy aint reputable, but I wouldn't put it past Dolan to think:

"hey, look at the Lakers with 2 former head coaches as lead assistants. let's do that too"
bleedblue3303
Sixth Man
And1: 1,128

Post#550 » by bleedblue3303 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:11 am

What do you guys think of Jaden McDaniels? Tankathon have us taking him with our 2nd pick in the first round. I'm wondering if he's still growing into his body. If this kids gets more coordinated in my opinion hes gonna be a problem in the league.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#551 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:51 pm

knickstape4ever wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
WargamesX wrote:

Thibs
Woodson
Miller

Kidd
Udoka
Miller

Mike Brown
Udoka
Woodson

Miller
Mosley
Hardy

yeah this guy aint reputable, but I wouldn't put it past Dolan to think:

"hey, look at the Lakers with 2 former head coaches as lead assistants. let's do that too"

to some extent. I think some of your scenarios are plausable as long as there is something in it for someone they are interviewing as a HC option to get a lead assistant job + more money from there current role.

I would find it hard to believe Udoko would take an assistant role as he kind of has paid his dues already. I would be more interested in maybe taking a young guy like Mosley or Hardy and giving them a lead assistant role as a promotion to bring them in behind a HC like Thibs or Kenny.

ROSTER

TruckRobinson
Junior
And1: 4

Post#552 » by TruckRobinson » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:59 pm

All things being equal I think our focus should be on players that can shoot, whether in free agency or the draft. But Jaden McDaniels seems like a good target with our second pick in the first given his athleticism and potential. He underwhelmed as a freshman but I think its easy to envision him as a 3 and D guy in the league with upside if he can get his shot right.
I think its possible he moves up some draft boards and he isn't available when our second first rounder comes along.
WargamesX
General Manager
And1: 6,478

Post#553 » by WargamesX » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:03 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:Yes but no other prospect is improving his stock like Deni is right now. This will pave the way for Hayes to be there for us

I doubt he overtakes them unless someone drafts need over talent. I do think Deni has made a case for being a top 5 pick
Matthew 6:5
Luke 15:3-7
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 50,275

Post#554 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:45 pm

3toheadmelo wrote:
mpharris36 wrote:

A lot might depend on how the order will shake out. The top might not change much (Edwards/Ball/Wiseman), but I think where guys like Hayes, Obi, Deni, etc go will depend a lot on the order.

If it stays as is, I see Det taking a PG right in front of us and Hayes would be a tempting option....Maybe they are one of the teams Hayes's agent is trying to steer him away from?
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#555 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:56 pm

bleedblue3303 wrote:What do you guys think of Jaden McDaniels? Tankathon have us taking him with our 2nd pick in the first round. I'm wondering if he's still growing into his body. If this kids gets more coordinated in my opinion hes gonna be a problem in the league.

He needs a lot of time in the GLeague. Don't really see him being a factor on any team for a while, he's super raw and needs a lot of time to develop so he better have a good work ethic. Not really sure if he's worth the gamble.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#556 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:13 pm

Cole/Kira/Maxey/Hampton...these guys are all around the same tier and similar to me as combo Gs/PGs.

I actually think Hampton may have the most upside so could be willing to take him over any of them. He is more of a project and needs work...more risky. He could easily end up being like Exum. If these are the choice, I may roll the dice though.

Maxey feels underrated in a way. Dude is just such a crafty scorer and plays with some grit. He seems like a lock to get buckets in the NBA. Not sure he is the right guy for the Knicks, especially in the top 10 though.

So I would put Kira above him.

Cole? I want to buy in, but he just didnt look good. Plus he is older then everyone else here. I am just not sure he is good enough to be a starter overall. Maybe more of a bench scorer.

1. Hampton
2. Kira
3. Maxey
4. Cole
Mavs
Strick
Lead Assistant
And1: 7,448

Post#557 » by Strick » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:15 pm

Give me Deni and Tyrell Terry. Terry / Frank / RJ / Deni / Mitch. 4 guys who can handle the ball, 4 guys with at the very least average to above average defensive potential (borderline elite with Frank and Mitch), 4 potential average to above average shooters (Terry could be borderline elite as far as shooting), and Mitch who is a dominant lob threat. Any of those guys would run PnR with Mitch and be able to have respectable shooters around them or at least the dribbling ability to do a pump and drive.

This would be the most fun team we have had in the longest time
RGM Knicks BAF- Minnesota Timberwolves

PG: Coby|Ivey|Bones
SG: Monk|Dinwiddie|Smith Jr
SF: B Miller|Jalen J|Cissoko
PF: Paolo|Obi|Walker
C: SenGOON|Koloko|____
HEZI
RealGM

Post#558 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:06 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:Cole/Kira/Maxey/Hampton...these guys are all around the same tier and similar to me as combo Gs/PGs.

I actually think Hampton may have the most upside so could be willing to take him over any of them. He is more of a project and needs work...more risky. He could easily end up being like Exum. If these are the choice, I may roll the dice though.

Maxey feels underrated in a way. Dude is just such a crafty scorer and plays with some grit. He seems like a lock to get buckets in the NBA. Not sure he is the right guy for the Knicks, especially in the top 10 though.

Cole? I want to buy in, but he just didnt look good. Plus he is older then everyone else here. I am just not sure he is good enough to be a starter overall. Maybe more of a bench scorer.

1. Hampton
2. Kira
3. Maxey
4. Cole

I don't get the Kira Lewis hype at all. This dude averaged 38 minutes a game and still put up ok number but nothing that really stands out.

He's a sophomore with more experience and still did nothing to separate himself or really stand out. He makes some of the laziest, carless mistakes that it's just frustrating. He also had the same team Sexton had and they were significantly worse with Lewis than Sexton. I have no idea why anybody would want him over Tre Jones. Jones is a floor general who knows how to run a team, Lewis just doesn't look comfortable running a team at all. Cole is better at it than Lewis also. Cole is bigger, stronger, more explosive, better shooter, more of a leader, just overall a better player.

Maxey is very Trier like, nothing special.

Hampton is a wild card for me. Didn't get to see enough of him to really have a good idea but for now I see him more as a 2 guard with some PG abilities, like Gary Harris. I think Hampton will be a very good defender in the NBA, his ball handling and speed is pro ready but he's gotta improve as a shooter and scorer overall.
DENVER NUGGETS
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#559 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:26 pm

HEZI wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:Cole/Kira/Maxey/Hampton...these guys are all around the same tier and similar to me as combo Gs/PGs.

1. Hampton
2. Kira
3. Maxey
4. Cole

I don't get the Kira Lewis hype at all. This dude averaged 38 minutes a game and still put up ok number but nothing that really stands out.

He's a sophomore with more experience and still did nothing to separate himself or really stand out. He makes some of the laziest, carless mistakes that it's just frustrating. He also had the same team Sexton had and they were significantly worse with Lewis than Sexton. I have no idea why anybody would want him over Tre Jones. Jones is a floor general who knows how to run a team, Lewis just doesn't look comfortable running a team at all. Cole is better at it than Lewis also. Cole is bigger, stronger, more explosive, better shooter, more of a leader, just overall a better player.

Hampton is a wild card for me. Didn't get to see enough of him to really have a good idea but for now I see him more as a 2 guard with some PG abilities, like Gary Harris. I think Hampton will be a very good defender in the NBA, his ball handling and speed is pro ready but he's gotta improve as a shooter and scorer overall.

I am not completely sold on Kira either, especially his facilitating/play making. But he has good speed and looks way more explosive then Cole getting to the basket and with the ball. Cole can jumper higher and is more physical, but doesn't look explosive with the ball. Even with his strength and hops, he really struggled to finish, even get by people. Overall, Kira is still a year younger and put up much better numbers. His jumper looks pretty promising too. He improved a lot as a playmaker. Still out performed Cole in that area, and most other areas at a younger age.

I like Tre, but he looks more like a low floor option. Maybe like a Jalen Brunson...that still has a place in the league. Just think the other guys may have higher upside. Maybe they dont pan out, but think i would roll the dice on them, even on Cole before looking at Tre

Overall, none of these guys are too exciting to me personally. Was just looking at our realgm board and which guards are left. I like Hayes and Haliburton better and they stand apart from the list. I like Vassell too.
Mavs
HEZI
RealGM

Post#560 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:53 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HEZI wrote:

1. Hampton
2. Kira
3. Maxey
4. Cole

I am not completely sold on Kira either, especially his facilitating/play making. But he has good speed and looks way more explosive then Cole getting to the basket and with the ball. Cole can jumper higher and is more physical, but doesn't look explosive with the ball. Even with his strength and hops, he really struggled to finish. Overall, Kira is still a year younger and put up much better numbers. His jumper looks pretty promising too. He improved a lot as a playmaker. Still out performed Cole in that area, and most other areas at a younger age.

I like Tre, but he looks more like a low floor option. Maybe like a Jalen Brunson...that still has a place in the league. Just think the other guys may have higher upside. Maybe they dont pan out, but think i would roll the dice on them, even on Cole before looking at Tre

Overall, none of these guys are too exciting to me personally. Was just looking at our realgm board and which guards are left. I like Hayes and Haliburton better and they stand apart from the list. I like Vassell too.

Kira is not way more explosive than Cole. Kira is quick on the floor but he's not that explosive around the basket. Cole has much better hang time and body control mixed in with strength that just gives him a way better advantage as an attacker. Kira also didn't put up much better numbers so I don't know where that's coming from. He played more minutes, scored the same points, made less threes and free throws, got more assists, same turnovers, less rebounds, more steals. Per 36 Cole just put up better numbers, Kira played 38 minutes and his per 36 actually worsen his numbers. There's only a year difference in age but experience means more than age, the guy with a full year under his belt always has the advantage regardless of age it's about experience.

I don't see the Tre Jones to Brunson comp either. Brunson played an old mans game at Nova. He was a savvy guard and played like Andre Miller in the way that he would back you down and just use his strength and footwork and craftiness to beat you. Tre Jones is just a different player, more modern game for the NBA. He's more like a younger Mike Conley.
DENVER NUGGETS

Return to New York Knicks