ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Raptors Training Camp Thread [Open Gym Footage post #37]

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

LoveMyRaps
RealGM
And1: 42,645

Official Raptors Training Camp Thread [Open Gym Footage post #37] 

Post#1 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:02 pm

With our first regular season game back a month away. I thought we could use this thread to share anything that comes out of the Raptors training camp (i.e. coaches/player quotes, workout videos, images, etc.) to amp up the excitement for the resumption of the season.

July 1 through July 7, 8 or 9 — Required individual workouts for players on the 22 participating teams, with the end date coinciding with which day that team would arrive at the Disney campus.

July 7, 8 and 9 — Arrivals at the Disney campus in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

July 9-29 — Team training camps at Disney, which would follow initial health and safety screenings upon arrival.

July 21 or 22 — Start date for three intersquad scrimmages for each team. The scrimmages will be scheduled by the NBA and will have NBA referees.

July 30-August 14 — Seeding games at Disney. Games will resume. The NBA is still working on completing the schedule for those eight games per team, and the matchups will be based on regular-season games that remained when the league suspended play on March 11.
In Masai We Trust :meditate:
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Re: Raptors Training Camp Thread 

Post#2 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#3 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:12 pm

Like the other 21 teams participating in the restart, Raptors players will need to get their rhythm and conditioning back. That will take some time and can’t really be done in an individual workout format. Still, Nurse is encouraged by what he’s seen from his club this past week, from a mental standpoint more than anything else. He’s been pleasantly surprised with their focus and frame of mind after such a long and emotionally exhausting layoff. They haven’t lost the fire that helped them exceed all expectations a few months ago.

"I think we have a team that’s going to take it seriously and we’re all excited to get back to playing, whatever that looks like," VanVleet said on Monday. "I know we’ve got a lot of hungry, driven guys that want to win no matter what it is. It could be ping-pong or [video games] or whatever. Guys want to win around here, so I’m looking forward to it."

"We feel good," said Powell. "Obviously we’re a little bit rusty and haven’t been [playing] high-quality basketball for awhile, but everybody has been doing what they can, and everybody looks good, feels good, they are confident, and ready to get back into the full swing of things."

"Everybody I’ve talked to since I’ve been here is just looking forward to getting to Orlando and practicing and gearing up to try and win another [championship]," said VanVleet. "I think we have a really, really good chance and we’re going to be a tough team to beat four times, for anybody."

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-raptors-confident-they-can-re-establish-momentum-after-long-layoff-1.1490940
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#4 » by LoveMyRaps » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:18 pm

Read on Twitter
HiJiNX
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 12,049

Post#5 » by HiJiNX » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:58 pm

LoveMyRaps wrote:With our first regular season game back a month away. I thought we could use this thread to share anything that comes out of the Raptors training camp (i.e. coaches/player quotes, workout videos, images, etc.) to amp up the excitement for the resumption of the season.

July 1 through July 7, 8 or 9 — Required individual workouts for players on the 22 participating teams, with the end date coinciding with which day that team would arrive at the Disney campus.

July 7, 8 and 9 — Arrivals at the Disney campus in Lake Buena Vista, Florida.

July 9-29 — Team training camps at Disney, which would follow initial health and safety screenings upon arrival.

July 21 or 22 — Start date for three intersquad scrimmages for each team. The scrimmages will be scheduled by the NBA and will have NBA referees.

July 30-August 14 — Seeding games at Disney. Games will resume. The NBA is still working on completing the schedule for those eight games per team, and the matchups will be based on regular-season games that remained when the league suspended play on March 11.

Thanks for the thread and the article!! Can you also include the sources and links to the articles?

Appreciate it fam!
not strong, only aggresive cuz the power ain't directed/ that's why, we are subjected to the will of the oppressive
The Warrior
Head Coach
And1: 10,093

Post#6 » by The Warrior » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:01 am

We should get this stickied!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Re: Official Raptors Training Camp Thread 

Post#7 » by B-Ball Freak » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:24 am

So only the Raptors are in Orlando right now right?
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#8 » by LoveMyRaps » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:22 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:So only the Raptors are in Orlando right now right?

Yup I believe so. Some teams don't even have all their players in the same city right now, like the Nuggets (Jokic is still in Serbia).
Definitely advantage Raptors thus far. 8-)
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,285

Post#9 » by Brinbe » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:29 am

man... a rested, conditioned gasol could be a real difference maker. can't wait to see them all back in action real soon.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,321

Post#10 » by douggood » Wed Jul 1, 2020 4:35 am

B-Ball Freak wrote:So only the Raptors are in Orlando right now right?

raptors arent in orlando/disney, they are in ft myers florida, at florida gulf coast university. apx 3 hours drive from disney.

raptors disney arrival slot is set for july 9th

Read on Twitter
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,760

Post#11 » by ItsDanger » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:15 pm

Nurse wearing a box + one hoodie in an interview with Devlin. LOL
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
lorax
Sixth Man
And1: 220

Post#12 » by lorax » Wed Jul 1, 2020 11:47 pm

It humbling to discover what we have taken for granted these last few months.

:clap: Go Raps Go!
JYD wrote:Could someone summarize the nothingness please?
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,582

Post#13 » by Zeno » Wed Jul 1, 2020 11:57 pm

ItsDanger wrote:Nurse wearing a box + one hoodie in an interview with Devlin. LOL

When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
TheBoi10
General Manager
And1: 11,891

Post#14 » by TheBoi10 » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:10 am

ItsDanger wrote:Nurse wearing a box + one hoodie in an interview with Devlin. LOL

Any idea where the interviews are? I haven't seen anything since they went to Florida.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#15 » by Zeno » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:14 am

TheBoi10 wrote:

Any idea where the interviews are? I haven't seen anything since they went to Florida.

I linked it just above your post. They also have the zoom call with media available.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
Zeno
RealGM

Post#16 » by Zeno » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:17 am

From the day before incase you missed them...

Please advise….

Dan G.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#17 » by LoveMyRaps » Thu Jul 2, 2020 9:12 pm

Read on Twitter

Apparently the coaching staff will be using Terence as a secondary ball handler and playmaker going into the bubble (according to him). Hopefully this means little to no playing time for McCaw
Zeno
RealGM

Post#18 » by Zeno » Fri Jul 3, 2020 1:38 am

Please advise….

Dan G.
LoveMyRaps
RealGM

Post#19 » by LoveMyRaps » Fri Jul 3, 2020 2:07 am

Zeno wrote:

Griffin said the coaching staff is very high on Davis as he's already established himself as one of the best shooting 2-guard in the league. Added his potential is ''scary'' and that Nurse is allowing him room to grow.

Was caught off guard by Gasol's transformation. Thinks he looks phenomenal and believes the team that is in top shape & possesses the best conditioning will win the title.
Syd-TK3
RealGM
And1: 17,527

Post#20 » by Syd-TK3 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 5:22 pm

I need some practice footage

Return to Toronto Raptors