ImageImageImageImageImage

Big Perk is off Raps bandwagon again

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

RaptorsNorth
RealGM
And1: 13,757

Re: Big Perk is off Raps bandwagon again 

Post#41 » by RaptorsNorth » Mon Jun 29, 2020 10:25 pm

Give me one good reason why any of these guy would pick the raptors after the leading scorer left ? Let’s be real here for a sec. they would not be taken seriously if they pick the raptors right now. This team couldn’t even get to the finals until kawhi came here and now he’s gone. People keep forgetting the guy was the leading scorer in the playoffs for most of it.

Even with raptors being good now most of these guys still won’t believe the hype because we were good in the regular season with Demar too. The raptors have to prove they can do it without a real superstar this time around. We’re not one of the favorites!!
“Elephant in the room : Nick Thibodeau” Board member seanbig :lol: :lol: :lol:

"THEY'RE SAYING US AND GOLDEN STATE ARE THE SUPER TEAMS" Knicks PG Derrick Rose :lol:
Raptorstorm
Sixth Man
And1: 1,029

Post#42 » by Raptorstorm » Tue Jun 30, 2020 12:41 am

Celtics is not an issue. We are the issue
"IN MASAI WE TRUST" 8-)
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,137

Post#43 » by Raps in 4 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 1:50 am

RaptorsNorth wrote:Give me one good reason why any of these guy would pick the raptors after the leading scorer left ? Let’s be real here for a sec. they would not be taken seriously if they pick the raptors right now. This team couldn’t even get to the finals until kawhi came here and now he’s gone. People keep forgetting the guy was the leading scorer in the playoffs for most of it.

Even with raptors being good now most of these guys still won’t believe the hype because we were good in the regular season with Demar too. The raptors have to prove they can do it without a real superstar this time around. We’re not one of the favorites!!

Boston didn't lose their leading scorer?
LBJKB24MJ23
RealGM
And1: 21,145

Post#44 » by LBJKB24MJ23 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:28 pm

B-Ball Freak wrote:
LBJKB24MJ23 wrote:
Harcore Fenton Mun wrote:Like, we're the winningest team in the NBA over the last five.

You would never know it.

you know that doesn't mean anything right?

It is what it is, most wins in the last five years tells you alot, it means this team is consistent and is very good. It doesn't mean that the Raptors are repeating but now way it "doesn't mean anything".

until the playoffs. they had one year with a real superstar and they won it all. Raptors have very good talent but is it enough to go to the Conference Finals/ Finals again or are we back in the Lowry/Derozan days which is now supplanted as the Lowry/ Siakam days.

time will tell. i mean its a messed up year as well - so who knows how well the team will or can perform.
raf1995 wrote:I just don’t think he has that kind of potential. I think we will regret not trading him for a haul in a few years when he’s a mid-tier starter with nice playmaking and defense and a shaky jumper.
tosi
Assistant Coach
And1: 504

Re: Big Perk is iff Raps bandwagon again 

Post#45 » by tosi » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:55 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Did I not predicted this last season when you guys were calling him “uncle perk” ? I predicted this and you can go back and read the thread. Perk was never on the raptors bandwagon he was using the raptors bandwagon and since you guys like nothing more than American media props to stroke your egos you ate it up. I was never on the Perkins bandwagon because I Always knew the guy was doing it only because we weren’t playing the Celtics In the playoffs. So many raptor fans were following this guy and retweeting his every word as if he mysteriously became our number 1 supporter over night. Moral of the story is never n.t hug somebody that jumps on the bandwagon after the rainy days. Where were they when we were “Lebronto” ?

They are doing what they need to do to get the views
fart wrote:I agree. get over it people. MJ is ridicoulsly overrated that people have developed this perception that no one can challenge him for GOAT.
First Step
Lead Assistant
And1: 8,929

Post#46 » by First Step » Thu Jul 2, 2020 12:59 pm

RaptorsNorth wrote:Give me one good reason why any of these guy would pick the raptors after the leading scorer left ? Let’s be real here for a sec. they would not be taken seriously if they pick the raptors right now. This team couldn’t even get to the finals until kawhi came here and now he’s gone. People keep forgetting the guy was the leading scorer in the playoffs for most of it.

Who else has gone to the Finals from the East in the last decade outside of LeBron and the Raptors?

Your argument that we couldn't get the the Finals before Kawhi came here, can be made for every single team in the East for the past decade.

If anything we have the most Finals experience out of any team in the bubble. This doesn't mean we are a favorite, but let's not pretend like ESPN isn't xenophobic towards Toronto.
seanbig
RealGM
And1: 3,876

Post#47 » by seanbig » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:28 am

Well perk just had spicy p as elite and top ten in the nba
So take it with a grain of salt
Official 1,000,000 post crew
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,
aRapsFan4eva,Koz RJC, MAS, Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin
FluLikeSymptoms
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,570

Post#48 » by FluLikeSymptoms » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:25 pm

Perk is basically 300lbs of Twitter.
DatHomieYouHaTe
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,909

Post#49 » by DatHomieYouHaTe » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:07 pm

He's a bandwagoner and not a great analysist.. wouldn't worry about it

Sent from my POCO F1 using Tapatalk
SFour
RealGM
And1: 58,339

Post#50 » by SFour » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:35 pm

First Step wrote:

Who else has gone to the Finals from the East in the last decade outside of LeBron and the Raptors?

Your argument that we couldn't get the the Finals before Kawhi came here, can be made for every single team in the East for the past decade.

If anything we have the most Finals experience out of any team in the bubble. This doesn't mean we are a favorite, but let's not pretend like ESPN isn't xenophobic towards Toronto.

exactly....what have the Celtics, Bucks, Pacers, Heat etc done during Lebron's reign over the East...nothing.

Celtics couldn't beat Lebron, they couldn't beat the Bucks...and now they're being overhyped again and considered a contender before the Raptors by some american media.

The 2020 Raptors are better than any Demar-era Raptors team....more talented, more battle tested. Compare the rosters and see for yourself.
howlin mad axer
Starter
And1: 1,479

Post#51 » by howlin mad axer » Sun Jul 19, 2020 8:38 pm

Remind me, was Perk on the Raptors bandwagon during Toronto's championship run last year, or had he ditched come playoffs?
visionquest
Starter
And1: 2,376

Post#52 » by visionquest » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:39 pm

Perk is taking alot of heat for Pascal....

metafisical
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,714

Post#53 » by metafisical » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:03 am

Who cares what TV analysts say? They don't do anything different from what anyone on this board does -- the only difference is that they get paid whether they are right or wrong.

It is like criticizing political analysts on TV. Why listen to them in the first place? The garbage that comes out of their mouths (regardless of political views) is 99% wrong anyway.

The only correct view is your own view. Everyone else in life is wrong. Everyone, whether family, friends or TV analysts, are simply trying to manipulate you and control you.

Humanity sucks.
I acknowledge and thank the lək̓ʷəŋən peoples of the Songhees, Esquimalt and W̱SÁNEĆ First Nations for allowing me to live, work and play on their unceded traditional territories. I also acknowledge the Métis Charter Community of Victoria.
bongmarley
Veteran
And1: 1,152

Post#54 » by bongmarley » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:33 am

So he has said the following:

Siakam is better then Tatum
Lowry is better then Kemba
Marc/Serge is better then Theis/Kanteer
Raps have better bench
Nurse is coach of the year

and his conclusion from that is that Celtics are coming out of the East ?? Makes sense lol
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#55 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:14 pm

howlin mad axer wrote:Remind me, was Perk on the Raptors bandwagon during Toronto's championship run last year, or had he ditched come playoffs?

He was one of the few that was on. That's how he built his Raptor legend status. Still he's a Celtic at heart and he would always go Celtics if the had the chance.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
-AirCanada-
Pro Prospect
And1: 847

Post#56 » by -AirCanada- » Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:32 am

You a joke my dude.

What have the Celtics done to get this kind go respect that we haven't? which superstar do the Celtics have Kemba? the ****

They weren't taken seriously when they choose the Raptors not to make the playoffs either this season.

You're contrarian act runs really thin. You a Uncle Tom.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#57 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:39 pm

Ska needs to make a comeback.

Return to Toronto Raptors