Sac-Cha-Chi

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

pipfan
RealGM
And1: 3,357

Sac-Cha-Chi 

Post#1 » by pipfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:02 am

This is IF THE BULLS MOVE UP AND TAKE EDWARDS-then the new FO decides to "rebuild" around rookie contract guys

Bulls send Lavine to Sac, along with the #47
Bulls send TYoung to Char
Bulls get Batum and the #8 and #32

Sac sends Hield to Char, along with the #12
Sac gets Lavine and the #47

Char sends #8, #32 and Batum to Chi (maybe other salary filler, not sure but I think they have a bit of cap space to play with)
Char gets Hield and TYoung, plus the #12

Sac gets a cheaper, better 2 guard who Divac already likes. Lavine is more marketable and give Sac an All Time athletic backourt of Fox and Zach. They then have Bogs as their 6th man.

Char gets a 2 guard, and moves Rozier to 6th man. They also get a solid vet 4 to replace MWilliams-and just move back a few spots and give up a high 2nd

Bulls trade Porter too, and end up with
White, Sato, Archi
Edwards, Sato, Mokola
Deni or Okoko (#8 pick), Hutchinson, Batum
Lauri/Batum
Carter, Gafford, Kornet
plus the #32 to play with

They then have a top 7 pick in the stacked 2021 draft, and whatever they can get for Porter. They go into the post-Covid NBA with a ton of cap space and young talent
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Re: Sac-Cha-Chi 

Post#2 » by Resistance » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:57 am

Hield and Rozier on the court together in Charlotte?

Ugh, Ugh and Ugh.

LaVine in Sacramento is just shuffling around deck chairs and turns the problem from Hield and Bogdan Bogdanović to LaVine and Bogdan Bogdanović.

I don't have LaVine with this much value and Charlotte shouldn't be sending out first round picks in trades like this.
giberish
RealGM
And1: 5,832

Post#3 » by giberish » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:12 pm

Resistance wrote:Hield and Rozier on the court together in Charlotte?

Ugh, Ugh and Ugh.

LaVine in Sacramento is just shuffling around deck chairs and turns the problem from Hield and Bogdan Bogdanović to LaVine and Bogdan Bogdanović.

I don't have LaVine with this much value and Charlotte shouldn't be sending out first round picks in trades like this.

Agreed on both counts. By SRS/MOV Charlotte was much worse then Chicago this season (despite their similar records). They are a long way from even being a mediocre .500 team. For them to trade a lotto pick for a win-now move would be nuts.
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,535

Post#4 » by HornetJail » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:26 pm

Are we getting #12 in this as well? If so, I don't hate this assuming we have a follow up deal involving Rozier for expirings. It wouldn't be my first option but could be an option.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
pipfan
RealGM

Post#5 » by pipfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:46 pm

Sorry, I messed up the OP. Char gets the #12 pick from Sac. They only move back 4 spots, lose the #32 and get Hield/TYoung for Batum
ChettheJet
Head Coach
And1: 1,917

Post#6 » by ChettheJet » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:23 pm

It's flippant to just say trade Porter too, they HAVE to trade him if you're drafting 2 SFs that you need some playing time for, still got Hutchison under contract and Batum to come off the bench. they have to find someone that wants the $28M contract and most difficult is they have to take back nearly that much in return. Lavine and Young are about $32M to Batum's $27M so who is going to help them out taking Porter for less than they give up or for cap space or picks?
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#7 » by sacking123 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:35 am

This is horrendous for Sac.
The difference between Lavine and Hield isn't much at all, let alone a lottery pick.
I think your trade valuation of Buddy could be off to say the least.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
pipfan
RealGM

Post#8 » by pipfan » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:29 am

Simon,
Maybe I don't know Hield well enough, but I see Lavine as
Better
Younger
Cheaper
More exciting/marketable

We know Divac wanted Lavine, and he is still improving. Honestly, I think he is underrated here. He would REALLY look better with Fox next to him, to get him easy shots

Chet-as for trading Porter, it's not that big a deal. He is expiring, and the Bulls can take on a bad deal (Conley/#24 for Sato/Porter?). The Bulls would use Batum as the back up 4-he is easily big enough these days, and they would only draft 1 SF (Okoro or Deni)
Resistance
General Manager
And1: 3,364

Post#9 » by Resistance » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:53 am

pipfan wrote:Simon,
Better
Younger
Cheaper
More exciting/marketable

We know Divac wanted Lavine, and he is still improving. Honestly, I think he is underrated here. He would REALLY look better with Fox next to him, to get him easy shots

Chet-as for trading Porter, it's not that big a deal. He is expiring, and the Bulls can take on a bad deal (Conley/#24 for Sato/Porter?). The Bulls would use Batum as the back up 4-he is easily big enough these days, and they would only draft 1 SF (Okoro or Deni)

What was the trade package that Vlade offered to Chicago a few years ago for LaVine?

I thought that it was just an offer sheet to LaVine to acquire him into cap space with no compensation going to the Bulls.
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#10 » by sacking123 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:33 am

pipfan wrote:Simon,
Better
Younger
Cheaper
More exciting/marketable

Yes Lavine is better than Hield, I'm not disputing that, what I am though is the difference is so huge that the Kings would need to put in a lottery pick, or anything even close to that.
The younger part doesn't really fly with me, or I don't put much weight into it in this situation, Buddy's game will age extremely well, has been an iron man so far.
Lavine is cheaper and with the salary cap uncertainty it could become a factor so yes that's a good point. It's less than $4m average for the 2 years though, but could go either way. I would also rather look at it like Buddy is under contract, on a declining deal for 4 years.
What is Lavine's salary going to be in 22/23? I'm pretty sure it's going to be a lot more than the $20.5m Buddy is on. That's not even going into if Lavine walks the Kings gave up Buddy, who IMO isn't that far below Lavine to begin with, along with a lottery pick, cost controlled young player for 4 years just to get Lavine for 2 years? The lottery pick player could potentially turn out to be better than both of them to boot.
And the main points are more exciting/marketable? I do agree Lavine is more exciting and marketable, but what weight do you put into that?
Another reason the Kings wouldn't do this is it would annoy Bogs no doubt. Not just the fact that they traded for another SG, but the fact that Buddy and Bogs are good friends. It hurts chemistry and while they can develop that, it also means that's 1 of Lavine's 2 years remaining on his contract gone to doing just that.
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
BoogieTime
Head Coach
And1: 2,775

Post#11 » by BoogieTime » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:00 pm

I like it

Zach is truly a guy who can possibly take it to the next level

Return to Trades and Transactions