ImageImage

Bucks News, Trade Ideas and Transactions - OFF SEASON

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Re: Bucks News, Trades and Transactions 

Post#381 » by Ill-yasova » Wed Jul 1, 2020 2:26 am

I’d take Trier in a heartbeat. Trust Giannis and Bud.
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#382 » by Chuck Diesel » Wed Jul 1, 2020 5:17 am

Did a deep dive on Trier with some Knicks fans I trust. No thanks.
LuessiT
RealGM
And1: 4,686

Post#383 » by LuessiT » Wed Jul 1, 2020 9:02 am

Badgerlander wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:I thought he was cut more so because he fell out of Mike Miller's rotation, is a Klutch client (Rose/Paul rivalry), and is about to be a free agent?

Even so, if there are character issues, I trust our locker room. After rejecting the Cavs, it seems Trier wants to be on a real team, not a dumpster fire like New York or Cleveland. I feel like Rose's character comments were shots at Rich Paul more than anything else.

The dude is a 24-year-old, efficient 3-level scorer that can create for himself and is pretty good in C&S. He doesn't play D, but I imagine that would improve drastically under Bud. We need dudes who can self create and I think he has a pretty high ceiling. I'd take a flyer but would understand not wanting to **** with chemistry.

That's quite the leap you're taking. I wouldn't even mind giving Trier a shot in the same sense we gave Bender and Wood a shot, but Trier represents a very oversaturated archetype while the other two are more or less archetypes in demand.

Over saturated? The only guard on the team that we have that can come close to what Trier can do offensively is Hill. We desperately need another ball handler on the team especially one that can shoot off the dribble.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yes oversaturated. What Trier can do offensively isn't needed at all unless you're concerned about the watchability of the product in garbage time. He may be good at what he does, but unless he's scoring at an elite level or capable of creating for others he doesn't belong in the NBA imo. Could be an absolute star in China though.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM
And1: 6,625

Post#384 » by StickeeFingaz » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:34 pm

Saw a tweet from a local sports radio show that they're going to be airing press conferences from Bud and Giannis today.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,972

Post#385 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:50 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
That's quite the leap you're taking. I wouldn't even mind giving Trier a shot in the same sense we gave Bender and Wood a shot, but Trier represents a very oversaturated archetype while the other two are more or less archetypes in demand.

Over saturated? The only guard on the team that we have that can come close to what Trier can do offensively is Hill. We desperately need another ball handler on the team especially one that can shoot off the dribble.

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yes oversaturated. What Trier can do offensively isn't needed at all unless you're concerned about the watchability of the product in garbage time. He may be good at what he does, but unless he's scoring at an elite level or capable of creating for others he doesn't belong in the NBA imo. Could be an absolute star in China though.

To me the skill set that’s a dime a dozen is the SG/SF that can defend and streaky C&S but isn’t a threat to drive the lane. Wes, Pat, and Sterling, their defender can help off of them to build a wall for giannis or dig at the ball and they only have to worry about running out at their guy at the 3pt line if the ball swings to them. Even Bledsoe’s guy is probably playing off him for the drive and can help.
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
mcfromage
Veteran
And1: 840

Post#386 » by mcfromage » Wed Jul 1, 2020 7:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#387 » by LuessiT » Wed Jul 1, 2020 8:33 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=21

To me the skill set that’s a dime a dozen is the SG/SF that can defend and streaky C&S but isn’t a threat to drive the lane. Wes, Pat, and Sterling, their defender can help off of them to build a wall for giannis or dig at the ball and they only have to worry about running out at their guy at the 3pt line if the ball swings to them. Even Bledsoe’s guy is probably playing off him for the drive and can help.

I mean I'm not saying any different. Trier's skill set is quite rare (and far far rarer than the low tier 3&D players). But it's not in demand around the league nor is it exactly needed on this team for the POs (injuries forbid). I agree with you that we could use another ball handler in case of multiple injuries for the regular season but if we're talking actual point guard play I feel like Mason is more suited to that role (and everybody knows I absolutely despise small PGs).
Badgerlander
RealGM
And1: 6,972

Post#388 » by Badgerlander » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:02 pm

LuessiT wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:
LuessiT wrote:

I mean I'm not saying any different. Trier's skill set is quite rare (and far far rarer than the low tier 3&D players). But it's not in demand around the league nor is it exactly needed on this team for the POs (injuries forbid). I agree with you that we could use another ball handler in case of multiple injuries for the regular season but if we're talking actual point guard play I feel like Mason is more suited to that role (and everybody knows I absolutely despise small PGs).

Oh I’m not really thinking for the playoffs because I’m assuming about an 11 player rotation, I’m thinking for development going forward as in cut Sterling and sign Trier. Isn’t Mason already under contract?
Shoot, Move, and Communicate...

Spoiler:

I'm just here for my own amusement,"don't take offense at my innuendo..."

Countless waze, we pass the daze...

A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.
LuessiT
RealGM

Post#389 » by LuessiT » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:35 pm

Badgerlander wrote:
LuessiT wrote:
Badgerlander wrote:

Oh I’m not really thinking for the playoffs because I’m assuming about an 11 player rotation, I’m thinking for development going forward as in cut Sterling and sign Trier. Isn’t Mason already under contract?

Oh I thought we were talking about claiming Trier and cutting someone else specificially for the POs (not really sure how/if that works TBH, haven't made myself aware of the Corona rules). I wouldn't mind Trier for next season and beyond but I kind of doubt he'd be available on a multi-year minimum deal. And that is what I'd want out of a developement spot in our position.

Next year is going to be wierd anyway with no money around, every player with a PO opting in and everyone with an expensive TO getting declined. Not sure how it ultimately works out but I woudn't want to waste some portion of the MLE/BAE on development.

As for Mason as a two-way he's in. Doesn't have a two-way for next season so who knows.
AussieBuck
RealGM
And1: 19,674

Post#390 » by AussieBuck » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:42 pm

Trier is not very good but hasn't been convinced of this fact. Possibly why he does childish passive-aggressive **** on social media against his teammates that are ahead of him in the rotation.
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#391 » by blazza18 » Wed Jul 1, 2020 11:56 pm

mcfromage wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Kane up at 3am watching these pressers is damn impressive. Dude is dedicated.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,319

Post#392 » by crkone » Thu Jul 2, 2020 1:18 pm

https://www.theplayerstribune.com/en-us/articles/sterling-brown-milwaukee-police-racial-injustice

The city of Milwaukee wanted to give me $400,000 to be quiet after cops kneeled on my neck, stood on my ankle, and tased me in a parking lot.

But here’s the thing: I can’t be quiet.

I rejected the offer because I have a responsibility to be a voice and help change the narrative for my people. In order to do so I have to tell my story, so dialogue and conversations about police brutality can help influence and change a corrupt system. It goes deeper than me just illegally parking.

A lot deeper.

So here’s my story.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
midranger
RealGM
And1: 9,940

Post#393 » by midranger » Fri Jul 3, 2020 4:46 am

Good on you Sterling.

2.5 years ago, I didn't really "get it". I can only hope I get it now. I say that knowing full well that I'll never really be able to.
Please reconsider your animal consumption.
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#394 » by StickeeFingaz » Fri Jul 3, 2020 6:39 pm

Read on Twitter
#FreeChuckDiesel
awd4cy
Analyst
And1: 1,882

Post#395 » by awd4cy » Fri Jul 3, 2020 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Would be lying if I said this doesn’t greatly concern me.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,492

Post#396 » by JayMKE » Fri Jul 3, 2020 7:49 pm

Feel like its an exaggeration, maybe he meant he hasn't played any competitive basketball against anyone since then as I doubt he hasn't shot around. Biggest worry is if he's in shape more so than him losing his shooting touch in 2 months.
FREE GIANNIS
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,011

Post#397 » by MVP2110 » Fri Jul 3, 2020 7:50 pm

Fwiw Siakam also said he hasn't shot a basketball in about 3 months
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
StickeeFingaz
RealGM

Post#398 » by StickeeFingaz » Sat Jul 4, 2020 1:29 am

#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 44,915

Post#399 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Jul 4, 2020 1:42 am

Love DDV
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
0BobLobLaw0
Starter
And1: 2,017

Post#400 » by 0BobLobLaw0 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 4:19 am

Muscle memory returns quickly. They'll be fine.

Conditioning is the only worry
Why should you go to jail for a crime someone else noticed? You don't need double talk... You need Bob Loblaw.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks