ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Casual / OT Wasteman Thread '20-21 Season XI

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Re: Official Casual / OT Wasteman Thread '18-19 Season XI 

Post#1201 » by Geddy » Wed Jun 24, 2020 5:54 pm

Dr Octagon wrote:Good evening

My dude
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#1202 » by Dr Octagon » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:37 pm

Sup
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#1203 » by Geddy » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:00 pm

Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,927

Post#1204 » by Kevin Willis » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:35 pm

Ska needs to make a comeback.
Coco Costanza
Analyst
And1: 5,951

Post#1205 » by Coco Costanza » Fri Jul 3, 2020 7:56 pm

Since the Dan O'toole thread has been closed, I thought I'd post this here. Particularly when the whole baby incident is so incoherent, and one poster here was confused why anyone would question his mental health, even when it's fairly obvious something is going on with him.

He initially had posted this

"My baby Oakland. I’m praying that whoever has you, is holding you. That whoever has taken you from me, is protecting you, That whoever has you, let's you come back into my arms," O'Toole wrote in the caption.

"I love you Oakland. I can’t wait to one day hold you again. My heart is broken. I am broken. To be clear, Oakland is alive, we think. But we don’t know. I have a one month old child, and I don’t know where she is.

This prompted followers of him to assume the baby had been kidnapped. Some thought the baby's mother was involved, perhaps this was part of a domestic dispute, but O'Toole contradicted this theory and told his followers she had nothing to with the baby's disappearance.

A Global reporter Travis Dhanji investigated, and got in touch with Durham Police and was told the baby was fine and with her mother. However, O'Toole replied to him

"Hey Travis. First off, this is not a Durham police matter. Secondly, should the police maybe call me first once my child has been found?"

This strikes me as an unusual response in light of his baby allegedly being missing.

Later, he appeared to confirm the baby's safety

"UPDATE: My baby Oakland has been confirmed to be safe. I have still not seen her or held her," O'Toole wrote. "To those that decided to bash me during this ordeal, tell me this: have you ever looked in the eyes of your kids, and not been able to tell them where their sister is or when they will see her again? We are still broken. We may never be fixed again."

"He continued, "A 5 week old baby. 5 weeks. A child that was supposed to be in my care. 5 weeks old. I’ve still haven’t seen a picture of her, let alone held her. Yet my character called into question? Attacked. Defamed. People ‘question’ the story? I have no words. I’m done."

So the baby is safe, and yet we're still not clear on what has happened. His daughter was supposed to be his care? Alright, but how do you explain that initial post? He explicitly says the baby was taken from him. He says his family may "never be fixed again". Isn't that really melodramatic of him if this were just a case of him not knowing if he was taking care of his daughter for the weekend?

And before anyone says this is between him and his family, keep in mind 1, he posted it on Instagram and Twitter, and 2, his post sounded serious enough that it prompted a reporter to call the police. I think something more is going on with him beyond this being a domestic dispute. He doesn't sound well. His tweets make him sound incoherent. If this is a mental health problem, TSN will get involved, and likely try to get him some help. If it's not, than he needs to come out with a statement explaining himself.
Antinomy wrote:Bucks are going to win the next 2 games (convincingly). This place is gonna be a wasteland :lol:

In the words of Charles Barkley: I Guar-RUN-tee.

You are all welcome to sig me.
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#1206 » by BigShaq34 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 6:58 am

Just to let you guys know, longtime poster Throwback24 passed away last night. I knew him in real life for 10 years or so. He loved the Raptors. He posted on here often over the years.

May he rest in peace.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#1207 » by Kabookalu » Sat Jul 4, 2020 7:08 am

BigShaq34 wrote:Just to let you guys know, longtime poster Throwback24 passed away last night. I knew him in real life for 10 years or so. He loved the Raptors. He posted on here often over the years.

May he rest in peace.

Sorry for your loss. I've only known him through realgm, and we've butted heads sometimes, but that's just because we disagreed about some things through our passion for the Raptors. He was always a good poster.

RIP Throwback24
Read on Twitter
LRJ
General Manager
And1: 40,676

Post#1208 » by LRJ » Sat Jul 4, 2020 7:37 am

BigShaq34 wrote:Just to let you guys know, longtime poster Throwback24 passed away last night. I knew him in real life for 10 years or so. He loved the Raptors. He posted on here often over the years.

May he rest in peace.

I really don't even know what to say.

Just awful, awful news. TB could be a bit eccentric at times, but no doubt was a realgm legend. Very funny, of course too. His gambling posts and his takes in the forum, in general, were legendary. And his love and passion for the Raps was undeniable.

I'm so sorry for your loss. TB will be greatly missed.

RIP Throwback. Gone way too soon

turbozone.ca
BigShaq34
Sixth Man
And1: 2,849

Post#1209 » by BigShaq34 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 7:50 am

Thank you guys for the kind words. 50 people were there at the crash site placing flowers tonight. Goes to show you the kind of guy he was. Just a terrible tragedy. I'll miss the battles we had on the court. And the fun times at the wedding last summer, and the times we spent in university years back.

RIP big guy.
Abs0ul13
Veteran
And1: 21,866

Post#1210 » by Abs0ul13 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 11:22 am

I'm honestly at a loss for words. Throwback always made coming on realgm a pleasant experience with his words and passion for the Raptors. Definitely going to miss him around these parts, gone way too soon. Rest in piece brother
RaptorsLife
RealGM
And1: 84,016

Post#1211 » by RaptorsLife » Sat Jul 4, 2020 11:34 am

Rip to TB, absolutely shocked about this
Raptors til death
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#1212 » by Dr Octagon » Sat Jul 4, 2020 12:25 pm

RIP Throwback :(
Red Shoelace
Lead Assistant
And1: 30,508

Post#1213 » by Red Shoelace » Sat Jul 4, 2020 12:40 pm

May he rest in peace.

Ugh, devastating news.

Throwback was one of my favourite posters and people, he and I clicked right away on here. A very thoughtful person who liked to share his love of reading and shows on here. He was funny and at times acted like a bigger brother to posters here and on the general board. Spent much time exchanging words with him discussing a wide range of things. He left an impact on me and I am really saddened by this news BigShaq.

Gutted.
Son Goku 25
RealGM
And1: 40,587

Post#1214 » by Son Goku 25 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 1:21 pm

May he rest in peace.

Bruh what???? Tb was a young man, I'm so sorry I'm in shock. I'm sorry for your loss man. Do you have any more information as to how, you can send me a private message if thats better.
Read
nabbs
RealGM
And1: 19,365

Post#1215 » by nabbs » Sat Jul 4, 2020 1:27 pm

May he rest in peace.

He left on an impact on here and instilled confidence and encouragement in everyone to take their shots. He was so big on that. His passion for the raptors and basketball in general really shined and he was such a memorable poster. I never got the chance to meet him in real life but even our conversations online, I can only imagine what kind of a radiating personality he was in real life.

I’m so sorry for your loss and please give our condolences, prayers and love to his family and loved ones.

2018 My Top Guys (no particular order): Doncic, JJJ, Zhaire Smith, Miles Bridges, Knox, Wendell, Bamba, Ayton, Sexton, Brown, Huerter, Okogie, Svi,
7 Footer
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 24,859

Post#1216 » by 7 Footer » Sat Jul 4, 2020 1:28 pm

TB24 a RealGm legend, loved his posts. Dude was jokes, provided a ton of laughs and will truly be missed, gone way too soon, RIP brother.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#1217 » by zilby » Sat Jul 4, 2020 1:46 pm

BigShaq34 wrote:Thank you guys for the kind words. 50 people were there at the crash site placing flowers tonight. Goes to show you the kind of guy he was. Just a terrible tragedy. I'll miss the battles we had on the court. And the fun times at the wedding last summer, and the times we spent in university years back.

RIP big guy.

Awful news, I’m very sorry for your loss. TB was a really fun personality, always had this great and energetic vibe to him. Dude was always joking around and making people laugh but he was really great to have around. Definitely one of the top people I’m glad we celebrated the championship with. May he Rest In Peace, and hoping you can find the strength to pull through this as well knowing how much love and support he had. Gone way too young, won’t be forgotten.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Matty
General Manager
And1: 18,357

Post#1218 » by Matty » Sat Jul 4, 2020 1:55 pm

May he rest in peace.

Thanks for breaking the news brother, I had no energy to do it myself tbh.

I knew him in real life for much less, but I went to highschool with his younger brother and was friends with for 15+ years. He actually told me throwback was his bro.

We would discuss everything but it always went back to the Raptors when I saw him at the Rec centre. Awesome dude all around and people really gravitated towards him.
Stromile12
Head Coach
And1: 13,229

Post#1219 » by Stromile12 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 2:29 pm

terrible news.... don't really know what to say. TB always put a lot of thought and energy into his post's, the ones that stood out to me were encouraging other raptors rgm members to take their "shot's" and live life to the fullest.. RIP brother.
OvOh
Head Coach
And1: 41,612

Post#1220 » by OvOh » Sat Jul 4, 2020 5:47 pm

RIP to a legend :( I'll miss him gassing us up with confidence, the betting advice, and telling us these are the best days of our lives. Rest easy

Image#SpicySZNImage #LarryOBSZN

Return to Toronto Raptors