ImageImageImage

Mavs Schedule for Playoff Seeding (8 games)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Re: Mavs Schedule for Playoff Seeding (8 games) 

Post#21 » by JJP » Sat Jul 4, 2020 6:22 pm

Scrimmage Dates. I didn't see any word on television coverage.

From the Smoking Cuban

The NBA dropped the scrimmage schedule on Saturday. Here are the particulars for the Mavericks three games. Remember, there is no home-court as every contest takes place at Disney World in Orlando.

Game 1: July 23 vs. Los Angeles Lakers at 6:00 p.m. CT

Game 2: July 26 vs. Indiana Pacers at 3:00 p.m. CT

Game 3: July 28 vs. Philadelphia 76ers at 7:30 p.m. CT
Teffer10
Head Coach
And1: 847

Post#22 » by Teffer10 » Sat Jul 4, 2020 9:35 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:In playoff, it is likely that the rotation will be shorten to 8 to 9 players only. All key players will need to play at least 30-35 minutes. The rotation could be like this:

Luka (36) Wright (12)
Seth (32) Wright (16)
THJ (32) DFS (16)
DFS (20) Maxi (18) MKG/Jackson (10)
KP (36) Maxi (12)

In case of certain matchup, foul trouble or injury, Burke/Barea/Boban will play certain spot minutes. But I think the above 9 players rotation may be the best for DAL.

I agree that Burke and Boban will probably see very limited PT but Barea might be part of the normal rotation because of his experience. Other than Seth I don't see anyone else with any PO experience on this roster and Barea has a ring. He is also very well rested, or at least should be, so age won't be as much of a factor as it normally would be. Plus, Rick loves and trusts Barea so I could see him be on the court a lot.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,006

Post#23 » by HMFFL » Sat Jul 4, 2020 9:52 pm

Michaellam1987 wrote:In playoff, it is likely that the rotation will be shorten to 8 to 9 players only. All key players will need to play at least 30-35 minutes. The rotation could be like this:

Luka (36) Wright (12)
Seth (32) Wright (16)
THJ (32) DFS (16)
KP (36) Maxi (12)

In case of certain matchup, foul trouble or injury, Burke/Barea/Boban will play certain spot minutes. But I think the above 9 players rotation may be the best for DAL.
I doubt KP and Luka average over 35 minutes per game. With the schedule as it is it seems risky to play them that much.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
DBoys
Starter
And1: 221

Post#24 » by DBoys » Mon Jul 6, 2020 1:22 am

HMFFL wrote: I doubt KP and Luka average over 35 minutes per game. With the schedule as it is it seems risky to play them that much.

Playoff basketball has your best players playing a lot (sometimes in the 40s). And this year's playoff schedule isn't any harder than other years. In fact, it's much easier because there's no travel.

There are certainly potential issues about what sort of shape players will be in, after the long layoff. And health issues could arise.

But if neither of those is a factor, Luka and KP won't sit much. That's the way the playoffs work with star players.

Consider Dirk. Through the title season, he averaged 41.4 mpg in playoffs. He never played less than 36 mpg in any playoff season until his very last one, when he played 34 mpg at the age of 37.

These guys won't be the exception, at their ages, unless there are other issues. They will want to play, and the Mavs will want to play them to pile up the experience for future years.

Also, while JJB has by far the most playoff experience, Curry, Wright, Hardaway, MKG, and Boban all have some as well.
Michaellam1987
Rookie
And1: 357

Post#25 » by Michaellam1987 » Mon Jul 6, 2020 9:44 am

Teffer10 wrote:

Luka (36) Wright (12)
Seth (32) Wright (16)
THJ (32) DFS (16)
KP (36) Maxi (12)

I agree that Burke and Boban will probably see very limited PT but Barea might be part of the normal rotation because of his experience. Other than Seth I don't see anyone else with any PO experience on this roster and Barea has a ring. He is also very well rested, or at least should be, so age won't be as much of a factor as it normally would be. Plus, Rick loves and trusts Barea so I could see him be on the court a lot.

I like Barea a lot, but he is really too bad defensively to be able to stay on court a lot.
Pointguard01
RealGM
And1: 223

Post#26 » by Pointguard01 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:19 pm

I’d almost rather Dallas face LAC. We aren’t winning anything this year and young team (ie Dallas) will have to take their lumps.

What I would hate to see is Dallas wins a round against a banged up Utah team and thinks we have what it takes. I’d rather Luka and KP realize what the playoffs will be like, face the best of the best and be more motivated to get better for future years.

Bring on LAC

Return to Dallas Mavericks