Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

whitelight
Freshman
And1: 10

Re: Lakers Targets - Free Agent Class 2020 

Post#21 » by whitelight » Mon May 25, 2020 8:37 pm

Spens1 wrote:
LakersLegacy wrote:CP3 could turn into Nash all over again

I don't think it could ever backfire as quiet like that.

No thank one old all star is enough (LeBron).
old skool
General Manager
And1: 3,479

Post#22 » by old skool » Tue Jun 2, 2020 7:14 am

Virtually all of the ideas in this thread are impossible. The Lakers have virtually zero flexibility to acquire decent free agents, unless Davis leaves.

Sent from my SM-N960U using RealGM mobile app
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,537

Post#23 » by stan francisco » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:51 am

Van Fleet
Bertans

No CP3, please. He’s a little female canine.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#24 » by slifersd » Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:18 pm

If we are going to go all in for a ring next year, I would think we'd need to bring in:

A point guard who can run second unit offense and start/close alongside AD/LBJ. Someone like Jeff Teague and Dragic would be ideal. Reggie Jackson or DJ Augustin is fine too if we can't land the top guys;

Some depth on the wing who can shoot, defend and has the athletic/physical profile to match up against guys like Kawhi and PG. Batum looks like someone who can be had for cheap and might ring chase. His versatility would fit in well on this team. Glen Robinson would be a good fit as a 3 and D, so will guys like Justin Holiday or Kent Bazemore or Tony Snell;

I would try hard to retain Howard and DMC, because I think they bring different elements to our team. Neither should be all that expensive to keep, so why not. Markieff, if he wants more money, is probably a goner. Maybe we can make a run at someone like Giles or Saric for upside, but we should be mostly set as long as DMC and Howard comes back;

The one big move that I think could happen is trading Kuzma. His fit on this team is questionable and it showed on the court. I think, we might be able to do a sign and trade for Otto Porter with Kuzma and Danny Green going the other way. Porter is a long wing who is a good 3 and D player and has upside to be more than that. I would also look at someone like Buddy Hield. He is a bench warmer on a huge contract for Sacramento, but his shooting and play making would make this offense lethal.

Just my two cents on the offseason. I think we CAN get a lot done, since most teams are saving cap space for 2021. But we will see how everything shakes out.
Boryachu
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#25 » by Boryachu » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:17 am

dirtymike
Rookie
And1: 168

Post#26 » by dirtymike » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:18 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:A Jackson or a Fred Van would be nice

I would love Fred Van Fleet!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Plan B: Make Plan A work- Dirty Mike
chefy
Head Coach
And1: 650

Post#27 » by chefy » Thu Jul 9, 2020 4:58 am

Demar makes so much sense.

1. LA native.
2. Extremely huge huge huge Kobe fan!
3. He'll get his ring
4. He can prevent Kawahi from getting another ring.
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#28 » by kblo247 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:16 am

chefy wrote:Demar makes so much sense.

1. LA native.
2. Extremely huge huge huge Kobe fan!
3. He'll get his ring
4. He can prevent Kawahi from getting another ring.

Then you realize he can’t shoot. Then you realize he can’t defend. Then you realize the team is better without him and you wasted money
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,176

Post#29 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Jul 9, 2020 5:53 am

Curious, how would a skillset of Derozen, mesh with a AD type. Anyways, we need a point
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
chefy
Head Coach

Post#30 » by chefy » Thu Jul 9, 2020 6:42 am

man our third best player is kyle kuzma who is averaging 12 points per game and is averaging pretty much the same 3 point percentage as demar lmao.

bucks and clippers have 2 players averaging double digits outside their 2 best players. Lou Williams, Harrel, Lopez, Bledsoe.

Trust me this is not a question about talent or whether demar will fit.

the question is if he'll be willing to sign for cheap lol.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#31 » by kblo247 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 7:16 am

chefy wrote:man our third best player is kyle kuzma who is averaging 12 points per game and is averaging pretty much the same 3 point percentage as demar lmao.

bucks and clippers have 2 players averaging double digits outside their 2 best players. Lou Williams, Harrel, Lopez, Bledsoe.

Demar shoots 0.5 threes per game this year and shot 0.6 per game last year despite Pop asking him to shoot more and open the floor. Kuzma takes 4 a night and shoots the right corner at a high percentage. Derozan offers no spacing.

Derozan side by side with Bradley, Green, KCP, Caruso, Kuzma, or Lebron is a downgrade defensively. He’s a very weak defender. Such a weak defender that the raptors were better when he was off the court in the playoffs and the spurs get their ass kicked with him on the court.

Again what’s your point. Lou Williams and Trez play 30 minutes a night. They also have a high usage rate. Kuzma plays 24. KCP plays 24. Dwight plays 19. Kuzma has been a double digit guy his whole nba career and is one now despite losing 8 minutes, scoring at the same rate; Kuzma has blown up in all his starts when he plays 33 minutes a night. KCP has been a double digit scoring guy every year of his career, yet he’s not playing 30 minutes a night, in fact he was a double digit guy as a starter this year when they went 17-3 with him starting and averaging 31 minutes a night in his starts. Dwight has been a double double his whole career and is basically a dunk and free throw a night from averaging double digits, so you know if he played 25 a night he’s good for double digits. Saying Lou and Trez average such and such is a cop out when the 3 next best lakers are all double digit guys for their careers and just aren’t playing minutes, getting usage, and shots as they are proven.

I rather have Danny Green than Demar. The raptors rather have Danny Green, in fact they had Green when Kawhi set out last year and were a better team. And the spurs would rather have Danny too.

I didn’t touch bledsoe because he goes ghost often in the playoffs. And Brook has always been Brook so you know he’s a double digit guy, but that’s it for them
chefy
Head Coach

Post#32 » by chefy » Thu Jul 9, 2020 8:24 am

kblo247 wrote:
chefy wrote:man our third best player is kyle kuzma who is averaging 12 points per game and is averaging pretty much the same 3 point percentage as demar lmao.

Demar shoots 0.5 threes per game this year and shot 0.6 per game last year despite Pop asking him to shoot more and open the floor. Kuzma takes 4 a night and shoots the right corner at a high percentage. Derozan offers no spacing.

Derozan side by side with Bradley, Green, KCP, Caruso, Kuzma, or Lebron is a downgrade defensively. He’s a very weak defender. Such a weak defender that the raptors were better when he was off the court in the playoffs and the spurs get their ass kicked with him on the court.

Again what’s your point. Lou Williams and Trez play 30 minutes a night. They also have a high usage rate. Kuzma plays 24. KCP plays 24. Dwight plays 19. Kuzma has been a double digit guy his whole nba career and is one now despite losing 8 minutes, scoring at the same rate; Kuzma has blown up in all his starts when he plays 33 minutes a night. KCP has been a double digit scoring guy every year of his career, yet he’s not playing 30 minutes a night, in fact he was a double digit guy as a starter this year when they went 17-3 with him starting and averaging 31 minutes a night in his starts. Dwight has been a double double his whole career and is basically a dunk and free throw a night from averaging double digits, so you know if he played 25 a night he’s good for double digits. Saying Lou and Trez average such and such is a cop out when the 3 next best lakers are all double digit guys for their careers and just aren’t playing minutes, getting usage, and shots as they are proven.

I rather have Danny Green than Demar. The raptors rather have Danny Green, in fact they had Green when Kawhi set out last year and were a better team. And the spurs would rather have Danny too.

I didn’t touch bledsoe because he goes ghost often in the playoffs. And Brook has always been Brook so you know he’s a double digit guy, but that’s it for them

oh ok.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#33 » by kblo247 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 11:00 pm

chefy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

oh ok.

You would need to get rid of him to even start talking Demars number, and that’s a no go for me. Then it becomes is he worth Kuzma, KCP, or Dwight on top of that and I’m leaning no all around.

I can’t see anywhere Demar just goes and fits easily. Not even Toronto as he makes them regress too. It would have to be some place like the Knicks who don’t care and want to ride a treadmill
kblo247
RealGM

Post#34 » by kblo247 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 11:03 pm

I will concede that I could be wrong if Demar chooses to do what Jason Terry, Vince Carter, Lamar Odom, and so on did at this stage and come off the bench as a sixth man. Then he’s worth talking about for some places but not as a starter on a winning team
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#35 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:55 am

Jason Terry off the bench? Find that guy I'll take it
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#36 » by tamaraw08 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 4:36 pm

kblo247 wrote:I will concede that I could be wrong if Demar chooses to do what Jason Terry, Vince Carter, Lamar Odom, and so on did at this stage and come off the bench as a sixth man. Then he’s worth talking about for some places but not as a starter on a winning team

don't get me wrong, yes, this team needs a creative scorer off the bench but we shouldn't ignore also the importance of having a reliable dynamic scorer next to AD and the older Lebron too. DeRozan can score but he gets most of points attacking the basket, at times off pull ups. One reason Kuzma is struggling meshing with AD and another center like JME and Dwight is that the lanes are already congested. FVV would have been great filling those 2 roles with his shooting and defense but I don't see Toronto letting him go. Reggie looks intriguing but he struggled at Detroit.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#37 » by lazybatman » Thu Aug 6, 2020 2:25 am

How about this trade -

CP3 & Andre Roberson

for

Green, KCP, McGee, Kuz, Rondo, Dud, Cook, JR, THT, Cacok, Antetokoumpo, all trade-able picks, Jeahny Buss, Pelinka, (listed in the order of their salaries and worth to match CP3's contract)

We start the next season with Lebron, AD, CP3, Cousins, Bradley, Dwight, Morris, Caruso, Waiters and a new set of vet minimums.

What a horror show this lot has been since the restart.. just depressed after today's game.

Personally, I'd make that trade in a millisecond regardless. And Thunder could be interested in getting out from under that giant whale(85 mil over 2 years) of a contract, and see their young guns develop and build around them. It'll fit with Lebron's diminishing timeline, and play style.

Fit wise, that's the foundation of a genuine(bit too old and risky) "superteam" that could be genuine favourites to win a couple of rings before Lebron and CP3 hang it up.
LAKESHOW
RealGM

Post#38 » by LAKESHOW » Thu Aug 6, 2020 3:39 am

With each game all our guys are dropping in value
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,135

Post#39 » by wco81 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 4:08 am

Bradley’s value may go up if Lakers fall to superior guard play.

5-37 from 3.

Shooters?
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#40 » by lazybatman » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:13 am

wco81 wrote:Bradley’s value may go up if Lakers fall to superior guard play.

5-37 from 3.

Shooters?

Good thing he's locked in for another year then..

Return to Los Angeles Lakers