Grizzlies Trade Thread

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Grizzlies Trade Thread 

Post#241 » by VCfor3 » Fri Jul 10, 2020 2:58 pm

NYG wrote:Would you add a protected pick to LaMarcus Aldridge for Kyle Anderson and Gorgui Dieng?

SD2042 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:?

It would have to be very protected. Between JV (who our team really likes), JJJ, and Clarke we have most of our PF/C minutes covered. We know that our window to contend isn't now so even though LA is a sizeable upgrade over Dieng I'm not sure how much we'd be willing to give to make it happen. It would stealthily clear more 2021 cap for us though which may be the biggest selling point to our FO.

The most I see us maybe giving is a 2021 1st Top 20 protected and then turns into 2nds. Basically if LA pushes us over the edge enough to finish top10 then they get the pick and if he doesn't then we send two 2nds instead. I'm not sure if SAS goes for that. Feels like they'd have a better option even if it isn't significantly better. Memphis though likes JV's rebounding next to JJJ and Dieng is a solid backup plus LA taking a backseat to young guys or heck maybe even coming off the bench at times could potentially cause locker room problems if he gets upset.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,815

Post#242 » by psman2 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 4:49 am

VCfor3 wrote:
NYG wrote:Would you add a protected pick to LaMarcus Aldridge for Kyle Anderson and Gorgui Dieng?

SD2042 wrote:

It would have to be very protected. Between JV (who our team really likes), JJJ, and Clarke we have most of our PF/C minutes covered. We know that our window to contend isn't now so even though LA is a sizeable upgrade over Dieng I'm not sure how much we'd be willing to give to make it happen. It would stealthily clear more 2021 cap for us though which may be the biggest selling point to our FO.

The most I see us maybe giving is a 2021 1st Top 20 protected and then turns into 2nds. Basically if LA pushes us over the edge enough to finish top10 then they get the pick and if he doesn't then we send two 2nds instead. I'm not sure if SAS goes for that. Feels like they'd have a better option even if it isn't significantly better. Memphis though likes JV's rebounding next to JJJ and Dieng is a solid backup plus LA taking a backseat to young guys or heck maybe even coming off the bench at times could potentially cause locker room problems if he gets upset.

I think LMA could still really help a contender that needs some front court help. I just don't think that is us unless we are moving off of Val as well. I just don't see the minutes/need to entertain even a top 20 pick.

Maybe if we move Val into GS's TPE then a trade like this makes sense since it clears up Val/Anderson salary in 21.
NYG
RealGM
And1: 2,583

Post#243 » by NYG » Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:39 pm

psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

I think LMA could still really help a contender that needs some front court help. I just don't think that is us unless we are moving off of Val as well. I just don't see the minutes/need to entertain even a top 20 pick.

Maybe if we move Val into GS's TPE then a trade like this makes sense since it clears up Val/Anderson salary in 21.

What is Memphis’ biggest need?
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,815

Post#244 » by psman2 » Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:07 am

NYG wrote:
psman2 wrote:
VCfor3 wrote:

A SG that has passable defense and still knock down open threes. A guard that takes the harder defensive assignment away from Morant. JRich type versus just a shooter like Hield. Move Brooks in the trade or into a sixth man role.

I think we likely just see what we have for another year, especially if we bring my Melton and Josh Jackson, before making a splash trade. We should have cap space to make some noise in FA in 21 depending upon what happens to the cap and how much we get our own guys resigned for.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#245 » by SD2042 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 1:31 am

psman2 wrote:
NYG wrote:
psman2 wrote:

A SG that has passable defense and still knock down open threes. A guard that takes the harder defensive assignment away from Morant. JRich type versus just a shooter like Hield. Move Brooks in the trade or into a sixth man role.

I think we likely just see what we have for another year, especially if we bring my Melton and Josh Jackson, before making a splash trade. We should have cap space to make some noise in FA in 21 depending upon what happens to the cap and how much we get our own guys resigned for.

I wonder if Melton can be retained by the Grizzlies in the long run? If not, then the Grizzlies just have to keep pushing.
Whole Truth
Head Coach
And1: 3,687

Post#246 » by Whole Truth » Sun Aug 16, 2020 4:09 pm

Unless there's a clear upgrade opportunity on the wing for a 2 way star, Memphis should stick with consistency, chemistry & internal growth.

Memphis biggest need is the ability to space the floor for Ja. The trade I'd be looking at is Dieng's expiring/filler for one of the following big men, Horford/Love & their bad contracts, if there's some draft compensation. Let them help mentor, develop Memphis young big men. 3J, Porter JR, Clarke ..

With Horford, Memphis could upgrade Jonas defense & 3pt shooting in the starting rotation, effectively pair Jonas with Clarke/Anderson off the bench.

With Love, Memphis would net another post/stretch big, rebounder to potentially offset Jaren's weaknesses.

Trade 1 - (Dieng, Winslow, (Utah 2022 pick or GS 2024)) for (Love, Cavs 2020 pick top 10). (Patrick Williams, Haliburton, Vassel).

Trade 2 - (Dieng, Anderson, (Utah 2022 pick or GS 2024)) for (Love, Cavs 2020 pick top 10). (Patrick Williams, Haliburton, Vassel).

Trade 3 - (Dieng, Winslow) for (Horford, Philly #20 pick, Josh Green)

Trade 4 - (Dieng, Anderson) for (Horford, Philly #20 pick, Josh Green).

With Cavs already having 2 PG's in a PG heavy "weak" draft, They potentially get a better pick in 2022 or 24, while shedding salary if they fall out of a preferred draft position.

Philly net a young player with an expiring for Horford & a late first.

Horford or Love
3J
Winslow or Anderson
Brooks
Ja

Jonas
Clarke
Cavs/Philly pick - Patrick Williams/Vassel/Josh Green
Melton
Tyus
nedleeds
General Manager
And1: 7,664

Post#247 » by nedleeds » Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:30 pm

I don't know if I like Love blocking JJJs development. I mean peak JJJ is just a better version of Kevin Love, a stretch 4 that can play better defense than Love. Maybe he'll never the rebounder or passer Love was in his prime but his defense can be far better. Horford is cooked, his health will be a nightmare the next 2 years.

I think Grizz should focus on getting healthy and taking on bad money to gain picks, without really blocking their 2 corner stones. Ja and JJJ.

A 3 and D wing would also make sense if Winslow just can never play, but unfortunately every team wants those.

One other option if JV (who I think played well in the bubble) isn't the direction is get a young rim running center to try to get Ja more opportunities in pick and roll. Ja, 3 shooters and a great lob catcher sounds like a complete nightmare.
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#248 » by Whole Truth » Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:53 pm

nedleeds wrote:I don't know if I like Love blocking JJJs development. I mean peak JJJ is just a better version of Kevin Love, a stretch 4 that can play better defense than Love. Maybe he'll never the rebounder or passer Love was in his prime but his defense can be far better. Horford is cooked, his health will be a nightmare the next 2 years.

I think Grizz should focus on getting healthy and taking on bad money to gain picks, without really blocking their 2 corner stones. Ja and JJJ.

A 3 and D wing would also make sense if Winslow just can never play, but unfortunately every team wants those.

One other option if JV (who I think played well in the bubble) isn't the direction is get a young rim running center to try to get Ja more opportunities in pick and roll. Ja, 3 shooters and a great lob catcher sounds like a complete nightmare.

Love is replacing Jonas in the starting rotation. If Jonas wasn't or isn't blocking 3J, Love isn't either. Jonas is moving to the bench with this trade upgrading Dieng who's the expiring filler. A move that should bolster the benches production. Love is like 3J but with a post game & rebounding, where 3J is more face up, take off the dribble, softer. The intent here is to help the teams current spacing issues. Both 3J & Love will light it up from 3 giving optimum spacing on Morant's penetration ability drawing bigs out the paint, where Jonas draws them in. Love, like Jonas, is also a strong rebounder which covers for 3J's current weakness, rebounding. 3J has been injured both years, Jonas plays limited mins. I like the experience, depth & dimension Love potentially adds to roster.

Part of the reason for targeting Love, is his bad contract. Memphis aren't giving up anything significant for what could be a great addition to the front court .. addressing a big team need, spacing. He'd be the only bad contract on roster with a lot of rookie scale contracts. You'll notice that I also offered up the Utah pick or GS pick to see if Cavs would trade out of the top 10 in this draft which is PG heavy, where they have 2, for a better pick, in a better draft. I did this to target several 3&D wings in combination with Love, Patrick Williams, Vassell, Haliburton.

I like Okoro's potential but Memphis have spacing issues & he's shooting 30% from 3 being selective, not on volume. If his shot looks like it can be fixed, I'd have him in the mix.

Funny you mention a rim runner because I've talked, targeted Mitch in this thread. Problem is he adds to the spacing issue so I've backed off the interest. He hasn't even attempted a 3 on a lottery team in 2yrs, if I'm not mistaken?.
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#249 » by nedleeds » Sun Aug 16, 2020 11:31 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
nedleeds wrote:I don't know if I like Love blocking JJJs development. I mean peak JJJ is just a better version of Kevin Love, a stretch 4 that can play better defense than Love. Maybe he'll never the rebounder or passer Love was in his prime but his defense can be far better. Horford is cooked, his health will be a nightmare the next 2 years.

Love is replacing Jonas in the starting rotation. If Jonas wasn't or isn't blocking 3J, Love isn't either. Jonas is moving to the bench with this trade upgrading Dieng who's the expiring filler. A move that should bolster the benches production. Love is like 3J but with a post game & rebounding, where 3J is more face up, take off the dribble, softer. The intent here is to help the teams current spacing issues. Both 3J & Love will light it up from 3 giving optimum spacing on Morant's penetration ability drawing bigs out the paint, where Jonas draws them in. Love, like Jonas, is also a strong rebounder which covers for 3J's current weakness, rebounding. 3J has been injured both years, Jonas plays limited mins. I like the experience, depth & dimension Love potentially adds to roster.

Part of the reason for targeting Love, is his bad contract. Memphis aren't giving up anything significant for what could be a great addition to the front court .. addressing a big team need, spacing. He'd be the only bad contract on roster with a lot of rookie scale contracts. You'll notice that I also offered up the Utah pick or GS pick to see if Cavs would trade out of the top 10 in this draft which is PG heavy, where they have 2, for a better pick, in a better draft. I did this to target several 3&D wings in combination with Love, Patrick Williams, Vassell, Haliburton.

I like Okoro's potential but Memphis have spacing issues & he's shooting 30% from 3 being selective, not on volume. If his shot looks like it can be fixed, I'd have him in the mix.

Funny you mention a rim runner because I've talked, targeted Mitch in this thread. Problem is he adds to the spacing issue so I've backed off the interest. He hasn't even attempted a 3 on a lottery team in 2yrs, if I'm not mistaken?.

Mitch is not attempting 3's but he's an elite defender and rim runner. He's absolutely fine if your 1-4 can shoot. He'll suck the whole defense in on his rolls. He's also an elite switchable 7 footer who can hang with guards. His weaknesses are strength on the glass, a guy like JV would bull him on the offensive glass but in today's NBA it's not a huge deal.

If you put Love at center though you've got to be really good on D at 1,2,3,4. There are some matchups where you may want a true center (Denver and Minn in the west?).

The Knicks have the worst roster in the league though, so it's hard to even fabricate trades that matter. Mitch is easily their best young player and he's on a bargain bin second contract. Besides picks the Knicks don't have much else of value. Can I interest you in Julius Randles expiring :) ?
Chanel Bomber wrote:I'm not coming back. This is my last song, and it sheets over your whole career. Go Knicks though.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#250 » by Whole Truth » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:17 am

nedleeds wrote:
Mitch is not attempting 3's but he's an elite defender and rim runner. He's absolutely fine if your 1-4 can shoot. He'll suck the whole defense in on his rolls. He's also an elite switchable 7 footer who can hang with guards. His weaknesses are strength on the glass, a guy like JV would bull him on the offensive glass but in today's NBA it's not a huge deal.

If you put Love at center though you've got to be really good on D at 1,2,3,4. There are some matchups where you may want a true center (Denver and Minn in the west?).

The Knicks have the worst roster in the league though, so it's hard to even fabricate trades that matter. Mitch is easily their best young player and he's on a bargain bin second contract. Besides picks the Knicks don't have much else of value. Can I interest you in Julius Randles expiring :) ?

Champion Cavs with Love & Lebron in the front court were not good defensively, especially in the post, worst yet when they had Kyrie. What they did was put defensive pressure on teams, with their offense. Raptors Jonas owned their weak post defense but they ran him off the court with their 3 ball. He couldn't get out on love off their dribble penetration, which Raptors guards struggled to contain.

IMO, 3J is a better defender than Thompson, who's a better rebounder but Love & Winslow help with that fact. Cavs opened their offense up by playing Love at the 5, Lebron at the 4 because Thompson couldn't stretch the paint, so they lost his defense & rebounding to do so. Whereas, 3J can step out & spread the court while anchoring the D, which in theory should give Morant ample spacing in the paint with how effective 3J & Love are from 3. Teams wouldn't be able to leave either player open.

The obvious concern that I have, is how Love would age & injury concern but that's the beauty of Memphis big man depth chart. 3J & all hasn't played a full season in 2yrs due to injury, Jonas plays less than 30mins nightly. I believe the quality depth will help with injuries & fatigue along with the benefit of it's versatility with rotations.

1-4, Ja as a rookie is the weak link defender but he has the physical tools & ball IQ to be better once he grows into his frame. All of 3J, Winslow & Brooks are + defenders. I'd assume 3J would anchor the D without clogging the paint, like Thompson. So Memphis would have 2 bigs on court, one pf which could anchor the D without losing the ability to space the paint.

IMO, The Knicks have individual talent but lack an identity & chemistry. Your players skillsets don't mesh. RJ would have been far more effective if your team didn't trade away Prozingus, I don't watch much Knick games but I'd think with RJ wanting to get into the lane, is why Mitch as good a defender & rim runner he is, was playing limited minutes off the bench so that Knicks wouldn't clog the paint playing 4 on 5 on offense.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#251 » by SD2042 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:59 pm

I recalled a previous conversation with one of the posters about needing a 3&D player around last summer. At the time, this team wasn't ready for that 3&D player at the time because of other pressing needs. This off season is now the time to look for that player. I wonder who in the league stands out as a potential 3&D outside of Robert Covington and Matisse Thybulle at this time. Also potential NBA draftee in the 2020 draft.

We also need to acquire a couple of scorers to help ease some pressure off Ja and keep the offense spread around and the defenders at bay.
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#252 » by nedleeds » Mon Aug 17, 2020 5:27 pm

Whole Truth wrote:if your team didn't trade away KP, I don't watch much Knick games but I'd think with RJ wanting to get into the lane, is why Mitch as good a defender & rim runner he is, was playing limited minutes off the bench so that Knicks wouldn't clog the paint playing 4 on 5 on offense.

Don't waste your time. The Knicks rolled out the most poorly constructed lineups in the league with absolute non-shooters at the 1, 3, 4 and 5. If anything Mitch succeeded despite the worst roster construction and coaching in the league.

What about 'second' draft centers like Noah Vonleh. I thought in his time on the Knicks he was a credible shooter and a mobile big that could play next to JJJ and take the beating of bigger opposing centers.

Anyway, enjoyed watching the young Grizz in the bubble sucks about JJJs injury but I think the Grizz have a great future.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#253 » by VCfor3 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:04 pm

I'm thinking the Grizz more or less stand pat this offseason when it comes to trades. I think they kinda want to see what they have when their team is healthy (and with Winslow) and unless a great opportunity comes along will keep their assets available for a young stud. That includes both picks and potentially cap space in 2021.

In an ideal world we are able to barely miss the playoffs next year and then win the lottery in order to get ourselves Cade or another elite SG/SF in the draft. It isn't very likely though.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#254 » by Whole Truth » Wed Aug 19, 2020 10:02 am

nedleeds wrote:
Whole Truth wrote:if your team didn't trade away KP, I don't watch much Knick games but I'd think with RJ wanting to get into the lane, is why Mitch as good a defender & rim runner he is, was playing limited minutes off the bench so that Knicks wouldn't clog the paint playing 4 on 5 on offense.

Don't waste your time. The Knicks rolled out the most poorly constructed lineups in the league with absolute non-shooters at the 1, 3, 4 and 5. If anything Mitch succeeded despite the worst roster construction and coaching in the league.

What about 'second' draft centers like Noah Vonleh. I thought in his time on the Knicks he was a credible shooter and a mobile big that could play next to JJJ and take the beating of bigger opposing centers.

Anyway, enjoyed watching the young Grizz in the bubble sucks about JJJs injury but I think the Grizz have a great future.

Vonleh is only 24 & has been on 6-7 teams already. Teams don't give up on young talent they like so easily, I'm thinking there must be an underlying issue, maybe his personality/character, overall a red flag for me.

If Philly were to make Simmons available to trade, if I were the Knicks I'd put together a trade package centering around RJ/Elfrid, pick/s filler for Simmons. run him at point. Keep this years draft pick & take a wing like Vassell. Use some of the expiring contracts (Randall) in order to target someone like Love without giving up much due to his contract for not only his ability to space the floor but his ability to help mentor/support the young team.

Mitch - defensive, transition, rim runner
Love - floor spacer
Vassell - defensive, floor spacer
Harkless - defensive, floor spacer
Simmons - defensive, transition, PG with size

If the offense bogs down with Mitch at C, do what the Cavs did & run Love at the 5, Simmons at the 4 as the penetrating playmaker, get another shooter in at point. Maybe, Dotson.

Love
Simmons
Vassell
Harkless
Dotson
nedleeds
General Manager

Post#255 » by nedleeds » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:05 pm

Whole Truth wrote:
Vonleh is only 24 & has been on 6-7 teams already. Teams don't give up on young talent they like so easily, I'm thinking there must be an underlying issue, maybe his personality/character, overall a red flag for me.

Could be. He's also had 5 of the worst coaches in the league who have all been fired or should be fired (Saunders). Anyway not the hill I'd die on but he struck me as a dude who player pretty hard and had a nice compliment of skills for Ja / JJJ.

If Philly were to make Simmons available to trade, if I were the Knicks I'd put together a trade package centering around RJ/Elfrid, pick/s filler for Simmons. run him at point. Keep this years draft pick & take a wing like Vassell. Use some of the expiring contracts (Randall) in order to target someone like Love without giving up much due to his contract for not only his ability to space the floor but his ability to help mentor/support the young team.

Mitch - defensive, transition, rim runner
Love - floor spacer
Vassell - defensive, floor spacer
Harkless - defensive, floor spacer
Simmons - defensive, transition, PG with size

If the offense bogs down with Mitch at C, do what the Cavs did & run Love at the 5, Simmons at the 4 as the penetrating playmaker, get another shooter in at point. Maybe, Dotson.

I've seen enough of Simmons to believe he will never have anything even resembling the range of a 6th grader. I don't want him to build around. You could have talked me into Simmons if the front office didn't give away our 21 year old shot blocking 30 foot 3-point shooting center. Like Simmons and KP is a 4,5 that could potentially work ... put a good shooting defensive backcourt behind him. But you can't play Mitch and Simmons at PG. That pick and roll just requires you to ignore it and go completely under, neither guy can shoot. Simmons is a center. Knicks have a center.

All that said if we could trade RJ Barrett and turd matching like Payton / Randle for him I'd do it. I'm not totally off RJ yet because I think he's smart and a hard worker, but he's got very average NBA athleticism and can't hit water from a f'ing boat. If he can't establish a credible jumper he's kind of stuck as a homeless mans Paul Pierce. Anyway, don't want to clog your board with Knicks misery, Grizz roster by virture of *ONE* ping pong ball is light years ahead of the Knicks. FML.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#256 » by Whole Truth » Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:32 pm

This would be my offseason If Memphis luck into a top 4 pick in 2020. Knowing that they need shooting, I'd target Simmons (24) potential availability over Beal (27). Better timeline & control on IMO a better talent. Where Memphis would still have avenues to explore to improve the teams spacing considering how young & controlled the core talent is.

Memphis trade - (Deing expiring, Winslow, Melton, 2020 top 4, GS 2024 top 4) for (Simmons).

Washington trade - (Beal) for (Deing expiring, Winslow, Melton, 2020 top 4 (Edwards), GS 2024 top 4)

Philly trade - (Simmons) for (Beal)

Due to the timeline between Jonas (28), 3J & JA - I have him moving to the bench in year 2 to make way for further development. Thought his & Anderson 2 man game looked good in the bubble with budding chemistry.

Starters -

3J -20 ------- One of the better young 3&D big men / Lopez
Clarke -23 ------- Hits the corner 3 at a high rate / Illyasova 2018
Simmons - 24 ------ Giannis dribble drive
Brooks -24 ------- Middleton
Ja -20 ------- Bledsoe dribble drive

Everyone under 24 & proven -This lineup is built for defensive transition. All very good switchable defenders with the exception being Ja who has the tools & IQ to comeback next year improved with some added strength to his frame. In the half court offense, 3J is one of the better young big men at spacing, & Clarke is already solid from the corners. Bucks Giannis couldn't shoot either with them earning the top seed in the East. The difference between this Memphis team & Bucks however, is Memphis have potentially better secondary options in 3J & Ja both in their 20's & already scrapping the playoffs with pick capital in 2022 to add a 3&D wings into the mix. If Simmons would be better at PF next to 3J, Memphis could also explore trading Clarke for a young 3&D wing.

Bench -

Jonas/(Jontay) developing in the G league
Anderson
Josh?
Allen
Tyus

This IMO, is a starting capable bench, solid depth & versatility.

Draft a shooter with the 2nd round pick...
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies

Post#257 » by SD2042 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 1:48 am

The good news is that the debt from the former Chris Wallace Era has been paid to the Celtics. All they have to do is make the pick.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#258 » by Whole Truth » Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:23 pm

Memphis won't be able to address it's issues via free agency or trade without overpayment. It's for this reason, I've targeted a win now player like Horford, who's overpaid, to net both his vet services, as well as potential draft compensation.

Philly have 2 firsts in the 20's this year in a weak draft, makes it easier to move one to dump considerable salary. Id then target a 2nd pick in 2022 top 4 protected. Philly should still theoretically be good but it would give Memphis 3 picks in the double draft to potentially move up or luck out with Utah & Philly.

Besides shooting, Philly could use a big wing defender like Winslow & if they dump Horford, a backup defensive big that can shoot 3's on an expiring contract. With Winslow's option, if he doesn't pan out for them, the deal ends up being on the low end, 20+m expiring for a bad ageing 3yr contract.

Memphis trade (Dieng,, Winslow) for (Horford, 2020 #21, 2022 top 4 protected, with stipulation for conveyance)

Horford upgrades - Dieng while netting pick capital.

Horford / Jonas / (Jontay) developing g-league
3J / Clarke
Dillon / Anderson
Allen / Melton
Ja / Tyus

Memphis potential future picks-

- Philly 2020 #21
- Philly 2022 top 4 protected
- Utah 2022
- GS top 4 protected

Horford being the lone bad contract on roster. Like CP3, he should bring court value & needed experience to this roster.
Whole Truth
Head Coach

Post#259 » by Whole Truth » Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:16 pm

A variation to this Philly trade for Horford includes GS.

GS doesn't have the pick capital or assets to net a Beal or Simmons. Not even factoring the value of the #2 pick in this draft is nowhere near what it should be. They're in win now mode, so it's not wise to wait for a pick to develop in their teams twilight years. With Horford, they net a veteran defensive C that can space the floor, while dumping Wiggins. Taking on Wiggins is not something Philly would do not even factoring they already overpaid for Harris. That's where Memphis with 20m+ in expiring value at the deals least value comes in for GS & Philly. (Picks are included to compensate the value of the #2 pick).

Philly trade - (Horford, Philly 2020 #21, Philly 2022) for (Dieng, Winslow 20+m expiring at it's least value if Winslow is not healthy)

GS trade - (Wiggins, #2) for (Horford, Philly 2020 #21, Utah 2022, Philly 2022)

Memphis trade - (Dieng, Winslow, Utah 2022) for (Wiggins, #2)

For GS along with Horford upgrading Wiggins, they receive 3 picks to help them cheaply fill their depth, 2 in the vaunted double draft, even if the end up late firsts, cheaper contracts ...

Top of this draft, Onyeka would be my pick but I doubt he's going as high as 2. IMO, he's the future post presence replacement for Jonas & fit next to 3J. He's got toughness, athleticism, motor, elite rim protection & he can rim run with Ja.

Memphis trade (#2) to Cavs for (#4, Garland or Cedi)

Cavs leap frog Charlotte for their PG of preference (Ball/Hayes) which they will try to package for Simmons.

Memphis draft Onyeka 4th & land a shooter in Garland or Cedi.

Start him next to 3J with Wiggins at SF, bring Jonas off the bench, could lead to a high pick in 2021. Then bounce Wiggins if he hasn't turned it around when he's close to expiring or move him as a large expiring filler for a star player/more draft capital.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies

Post#260 » by VCfor3 » Sun Aug 23, 2020 7:50 pm

Just trying to figure out creative ways to trade into this draft if we wanted. Ideally we'd go for a top 10 pick since there is a drop off after that, but that may be a bit tough without using the UTA 1st.

MEM-MIN
Brooks, Anderson, 2nd for James Johnson, #17
Gives MIN a quality SG/SF and PF who aren't terribly old as they try to make the playoffs. We clear future salary and get a middle pick.

MEM-POR
Brooks, Anderson for Ariza, Hood, #16
Upgrade for POR as they try again to get Dame into the playoffs.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies