ImageImageImageImageImage

Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Re: Your Top 5 2020 Warriors Draft Picks 

Post#141 » by B-King » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:08 am

The Maestro wrote:There’s a much better chance than people think that Giannis goes to GSW. Much better.

Bucks will want Klay in the package period.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#142 » by Scoots1994 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 3:12 am

The Maestro wrote:There’s a much better chance than people think that Giannis goes to GSW. Much better.

Yeah, it's not .01%, it's .03%! That's 3 times more likely!
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#143 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:10 am

B-King wrote:

Doesn’t matter what the Bucks want. The only way Giannis comes here is by forcing his way here. Which means that we don’t have to give them Klay. It would be Wiggins and our draft picks. Possibly Paschall as well.

But it’s highly unlikely that Giannis forces his way here.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 259

Post#144 » by ShayDee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:12 am

jason bourne wrote:Warriors talking about getting a defensive type player, but they had a younger Draymond Green who could hit the 3-ball and eventually became a 38% 3-pt shooter in 2016. It may have been a one year fluke, but we saw how good that team was. Thus, picking a guy who can start and hit the 3-ball or third Splash Bros could be the way to go. The player most likely to be that in the top picks consensus is either Deni Avdija who many have touted, but I think it's Tyrese Haliburton. Haliburton shot 41% from 3-pt land at Iowa State to go along with 15.2 pts, 5.9 boards, 6.5 asts, 2.5 stls and become the player most like Shaun Livingston. Warriors fans need not worry about drafting Haliburton in the top five.

I already mentioned Deni Avdija, so let's take a look at him. He's supposed to the 3-pt shooter, but he's a better passer than shot maker. I think the Warriors need a Big Shot Bob like Robert Horry than a Mike Dunleavy Jr. I don't think Avdija is like a BSB, Danillo Gallinari, nor Mike Miller. He's more the line of Hedo Turkoglu, Boris Diaw, or Joe Ingles, someone who's more a playmaker. Also, you'll have to wait for him to develop as he wasn't good enough to get minutes on his Israeli team. However, I think he did break out and showed people what he could do and become in the 2019 FIBA U20 European Championship, where he led Israel to the gold medal and was named tournament MVP. Avdija likes the ball in his hands more and can create shots for others and himself than be the guy who gets the extra pass and shot or the 3-pt splash off the ball. That's why he is in the discussion for being top 5. Is he that the type of guy for the Warriors? Avdija seems like a safe pick because he's a hard worker and likely will become a rotation player. We don't know if he's a starter for sure yet. That makes me question Avdija, so he's he's very close to being one of my picks. The man is 6'8" and averaged 18.2 points, 6.0 rebounds, and 3.2 assists per game Israeli Basketball Premier League for Maccabi Tel Aviv. If only he is more consistent with his shot, then he would be in there. He can shoot like 40% 3-ball one month, but also 10% the next. I'm still trying to find out what is up with that.

I think my other top player that I'll talk about now requires landing the #1 pick to get him and that's AntMan, Anthony Edwards. Edwards has the build of a NBA player already and maybe able to step in as a starter soon enough if not right away. He is an incredibly powerful and explosive player with a first step and is 6'5" 225 lbs. His strength is in scoring and creating with the ball. He's a iso type players, to that is a concern for the Warriors. Will he need the ball in his hands too often that he may hurt Curry or Klay's game? AntMan was the best shooter and player on a weak Georgia team, so it could've affected his offensive play. He had to have the scoring load for them to have a chance to win. First, there is no question Edwards can score the ball by putting it on the floor and creating for himself or making a play for others, but can he do it as a cutter or spot up shooter without the ball. Can he shoot and make plays off the ball? In terms of the 3-ball, he was better creating a 3-pt shot for himself than being the catch and shoot guy. That might lessen Steph Curry's effectiveness as Curry likes to be the one with the ball in his hands unless it's to let a guy like Kevin Durant make his play and shot. I don't think Edwards can do that coming in, but the guy still has some incredible tools with his measurement. Who is to say that he can't do that or be the one who will allow Curry to shoot off the ball more? I still think Curry is better with the ball in his hands so there may be some friction. Something like that is too hard to tell. Scouts have said Edwards weakness could be his shot selection and that includes giving up the ball. However, he was the main and only offensive threat on Georgia so he may have been forced to take on that role.

3rd splash bro can't be found in the top of the draft (top 8) unless you buy into any of the prospects improving and being able to hit and open NBA 3 off screens and in our system most of the 3s from any player not Draymond/our C would most likely come from movement off ball screens. The best movement shooters(that are around top 30 prospects) I think are Neismith, Bane, Terry, Cole Anthony and Bey to some extent.

There are some others in the 2nd round like Markus Howards, John Petty, Nwora, Sam Merill, Corey Kispert etc but if we are talking about getting the 3rd bro then it has to be someone in the first because I think they would have more of a chance to get minutes along with Steph and Klay to create space for them, And I agree that that is the most likely direction they should go and not taking anyone in the draft they would give the Draymond treatment to.
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#145 » by ShayDee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:30 am

Also I think the guys with highest trade value in this draft would be Edwards, Wiseman(both by default), Deni(if he is closer to Luka than Hezonja) and any hidden shot maker with franchise altering potential(we wont know for sure until 2 years from now).

I left Lamelo off because I believe if we draft him, he would make some fancy passes here and there but Kerr is going to limit so much of what he can do because frankly he isn't good in numerous aspects and if he looks less than he was envisioned by all these blog boys and draft analysts, teams in the league are going to **** with us and lowball his value or not even trade with us at all and then we'd be stuck with him coming off the bench and not developing in some way.
The Maestro
Sixth Man
And1: 52

Post#146 » by The Maestro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:51 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
B-King wrote:

Doesn’t matter what the Bucks want. The only way Giannis comes here is by forcing his way here. Which means that we don’t have to give them Klay. It would be Wiggins and our draft picks. Possibly Paschall as well.

Not as unlikely as you think. Actually, quite the opposite. Let’s just say I know someone who knows someone.
xdrta+
General Manager
And1: 7,242

Post#147 » by xdrta+ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:05 pm

The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
B-King wrote:

Not as unlikely as you think. Actually, quite the opposite. Let’s just say I know someone who knows someone.

Haha, good one. Now I know someone who knows someone who knows someone.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#148 » by Little Digger » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:11 pm

Let’s just say I know someone who knows someone who knows someone who knows someone..

Giannis to the Warriors
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#149 » by The Maestro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:28 pm

Hey I get it, I wouldn’t believe someone on a message board either.

But Giannis wanting to play with Steph and for the Warriors is very, very real. And there are others in Giannis’ circle, let’s say, that want him to come here too.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#150 » by Mylie10 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 pm

The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:
B-King wrote:

If you know someone who knows Giannis, then fine, but let’s just say I’m skeptical.

However I met an inside source back when we got KD and he filled me in the whole time, and I knew through that source that KD was coming. Poor guy doesn’t post here anymore, but that source was proven legit.

Without telling me to much, what do you have?
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
ShayDee
Rookie

Post#151 » by ShayDee » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:48 pm

Giannis coming here doesn't matter if we can't build a proper bench around him. We are in cap hell, don't have a starting C, don't have any length, don't have any shooters beside Steph and Klay, no vet back up PG or wing. What if we trade away everything and he leaves after 2021
EvanZ
RealGM
And1: 3,219

Post#152 » by EvanZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:53 pm

The Maestro wrote:Hey I get it, I wouldn’t believe someone on a message board either.

But Giannis wanting to play with Steph and for the Warriors is very, very real. And there are others in Giannis’ circle, let’s say, that want him to come here too.

let's say
I was right about 3 point shooting. I expect to be right about Tacko Fall. Some coach will figure out how to use Tacko Fall. This movement towards undersized centers will sweep ng back. Back to the basket scorers will return to the NBA.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#153 » by The Maestro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:55 pm

Mylie10 wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:

If you know someone who knows Giannis, then fine, but let’s just say I’m skeptical.

However I met an inside source back when we got KD and he filled me in the whole time, and I knew through that source that KD was coming. Poor guy doesn’t post here anymore, but that source was proven legit.

Without telling me to much, what do you have?

I know someone who has a working relationship with multiple NBA players and GSW personnel. This same person told me about KD to GSW days before it happened. Didn’t believe him then but I won’t doubt him again. He also said the little things you see from Giannis on twitter about Curry are not a coincidence or an accident. Their friendship and desire to play together are no joke. Giannis loves Curry.

The Warriors are well aware of Giannis’ feelings about playing with Curry and coming to the Bay Area. They are doing what they can without violating tampering rules. Not close to being done though. Still need some things to fall in place. Let’s all hope the Bucks don’t win the title or even make the Finals. And the Dubs won’t be making any concrete moves for next season until Giannis signs/declines the Supermax. If he declines then it’s game on.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#154 » by The Maestro » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:57 pm

EvanZ wrote:
The Maestro wrote:Hey I get it, I wouldn’t believe someone on a message board either.

let's say

Business associates
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,233

Post#155 » by wco81 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:33 am

TB wrote:Edwards game is very Harden like. Only without going through the process Harden went through to start playing that way (Harden was efficient all around player at ASU and OKC).

So essentially, he's playing like Harden but without the shot falling or the craftiness to score inside or draw fouls.

That being said, he does have elite shot creation. Dude is going to be able to get himself a shot whenever he wants. Will it fall? We shall see. Personally, I like the potential of Edwards but don't think he's the right fit for what the Warriors do.

Maybe he'll be like Trae but with much higher ceiling because of greater size and athletic ability.

That is if given green light to chuck away, he could have big scoring games.

I think most of the people on the board want a player who can contribute immediately, while the window for the core is still open.

The front office meanwhile may have to consider whether a player with a high ceiling but low floor starting out might make more sense for the franchise long term.

They may not get to draft in the high lottery again for some time so they may see it as an opportunity.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 208

Post#156 » by B-King » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:53 am

The Maestro wrote:
EvanZ wrote:

let's say

Business associates

Also need the Bucks to seriously struggle in the reboot.
The Maestro
Sixth Man

Post#157 » by The Maestro » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:52 am

B-King wrote:
The Maestro wrote:
EvanZ wrote:
let's say

Business associates

Also need the Bucks to seriously struggle in the reboot.

My guy said Anything less than a title and the Bucks are in trouble.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#158 » by HiRez » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:33 am

Don’t forget Kawhi won a title and still left a few months later. If you want to be on the top of the world in the NBA right now, Golden State is the place to be and probably will be for a few more years. If you want a championship-or-bust mentality from top to bottom in the org, this is where you come. It wouldn’t be a money grab for Giannis but I think he values the high character guys we make an effort to recruit here [insert Draymond jokes here].

I also do not think Giannis coming here is as unlikely as most think. Still something of a long shot, sure, but very possible. And if that happens it obviously has a massive influence on our draft picks. Probably most of the high ones go away but maybe we’d get some low FRPs in the deal, which is where some of these fringe guys come back into the conversation.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,588

Post#159 » by HiRez » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:46 am

Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#160 » by Little Digger » Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:30 am

Tough choice between SF and Dallas for Giannis..
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.

Return to Golden State Warriors