ImageImageImageImageImage

***Official Nets/NBA 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season has resumed)

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Should KD and Kyrie play?

Yes. Let's go for it and make the top tier teams piss themselves
71%
No. We should go out quietly like cowards.
29%

Total votes: 14

MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,442

Re: ***Official Nets 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season Resumes 7/31/20) 

Post#81 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:39 pm

Stone wrote:I only saw the highlights the Nuggets-Wizards game, but yeah Bol Bol put up some impressive numbers....6 blocks and double double. Plus he's just a kid learning the game. Small sample but I liked what I saw.

I thought we were going to choose Bol with our pick. I'm happy with Nic, I think Nic and Bol have a good shot at being all time top ten second round picks.

It's just a preseason game, but the fluidity on that three pointer, his foot speed and that length is probably going to translate over well. He didn't get pushed around like I thought he would coming out of college. I was watching that game and the Nuggets were running zone for a good bit with him in the middle.

Either way, if he and Michael Porter can stay healthy, you could feasibly have a core of Murray/Harris/Porter/Bol/Jokic for the next several years. Frightening.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#82 » by Claud » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:22 pm

I wish Clax didn't get injured. This bubble tournament would have been perfect time to continue his development. Shame.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#83 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:05 pm

Blazers look locked in and LOADED. The Lakers don't want to play this team in round 1, Nurkic/Collins/Skinny Melo/CJ/Dame is an elite starting 5

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#84 » by Prokorov » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:02 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Stone wrote:I only saw the highlights the Nuggets-Wizards game, but yeah Bol Bol put up some impressive numbers....6 blocks and double double. Plus he's just a kid learning the game. Small sample but I liked what I saw.

I thought we were going to choose Bol with our pick. I'm happy with Nic, I think Nic and Bol have a good shot at being all time top ten second round picks.

It's just a preseason game, but the fluidity on that three pointer, his foot speed and that length is probably going to translate over well. He didn't get pushed around like I thought he would coming out of college. I was watching that game and the Nuggets were running zone for a good bit with him in the middle.

Either way, if he and Michael Porter can stay healthy, you could feasibly have a core of Murray/Harris/Porter/Bol/Jokic for the next several years. Frightening.

Did you guys watch the game?

he was a train wreck defensivly,, turned the ball over like 7 times trying to dribble to the hoop, and he was like 5/15 from the field. I didnt see anything that made me think he deserved to go higher then mid 2nd round.
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#85 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:57 am

Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

he was a train wreck defensivly,, turned the ball over like 7 times trying to dribble to the hoop, and he was like 5/15 from the field. I didnt see anything that made me think he deserved to go higher then mid 2nd round.

I watched the game and I thought he was doing a decent job manning the middle of the paint in the zone scheme that they were running. I would chalk up the turnovers to him trying to do too much, which is common among young guys. He was trying to force action off the dribble when he probably needs to do more catch and shoot/cut and catch.

I saw way too much upside to say he was merely a mid 2nd round pick. My question is how much muscle can his frame hold and if his foot issues won't come back to cause problems. But the guy can ball. Those 6 blocks and 10 boards weren't a fluke, his length gives him a significant advantage

Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,459

Post#86 » by Stone » Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:56 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

I watched the game and I thought he was doing a decent job manning the middle of the paint in the zone scheme that they were running. I would chalk up the turnovers to him trying to do too much, which is common among young guys. He was trying to force action off the dribble when he probably needs to do more catch and shoot/cut and catch.

I saw way too much upside to say he was merely a mid 2nd round pick. My question is how much muscle can his frame hold and if his foot issues won't come back to cause problems. But the guy can ball. Those 6 blocks and 10 boards weren't a fluke, his length gives him a significant advantage

No, I did not watch the game. I only saw the highlights. So, I'm probably guilty of wishful thinking for now. But I am very intrigued.

Everything that Prok brought up I pretty much had the same conversation with others yesterday.

On a side note, someone mentioned that Bol Bol's Dad Manute Bol was 47 years old or late 40's when he was still in the league. That they forged his birth certificate........I never heard that one....lol
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#87 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Stone wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:Did you guys watch the game?

No, I did not watch the game. I only saw the highlights. So, I'm probably guilty of wishful thinking for now. But I am very intrigued.

Everything that Prok brought up I pretty much had the same conversation with others yesterday.

On a side note, someone mentioned that Bol Bol's Dad Manute Bol was 47 years old or late 40's when he was still in the league. That they forged his birth certificate........I never heard that one....lol

Manute Bol didn't have a birth certificate when he came over to the United States, so his official birthday was made up by a college basketball coach in Cleveland. No one really knows how old he was.

Coincidentally, his passport from Sudan also said that he was 5'2 :lol:

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Re: ***Official Nets/NBA 2019-2020 Season Thread Part 2*** (Season has resumed) 

Post#88 » by MrDollarBills » Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:38 pm

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/24/jack-harlow-lou-williams-picture-old-nba-bubble/

So apparently Lou Williams, who was allowed to leave the bubble because a family member of his passed away, got caught partying in Magic City in Atlanta (a Covid hot spot) while outside of the bubble. This comes on the heels of the NBA foolishly loosening up the quarantine measures for players who get excused leave of absences (aka they want to make sure Zion can make it back in time to play on opening night's national TV game).

Dudes are going to **** this whole thing up. Might as well enjoy these scrimmages while you can. With multiple players now leaving for "emergency reasons" I won't be shocked at what will happen next.

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#89 » by ecuhus1981 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:06 am

MrDollarBills wrote:Blazers look locked in and LOADED. The Lakers don't want to play this team in round 1, Nurkic/Collins/Skinny Melo/CJ/Dame is an elite starting 5

I totally agree.

I still believe the Lakers should be slightly favored to win in a series, but that's a TOUGH test. Crazy bad luck for a #1 seed.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#90 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:11 pm

Read on Twitter

Kyrie has really won me over big time with everything that he has done as of late.

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#91 » by ecuhus1981 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:10 pm

^
Yes, he's really putting his money where his mouth is on social justice and community improvement. And just think, I've heard he does much more that he doesn't even want to go public.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#92 » by MrDollarBills » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:08 pm

ecuhus1981 wrote:^
Yes, he's really putting his money where his mouth is on social justice and community improvement. And just think, I've heard he does much more that he doesn't even want to go public.

Here's a more comprehensive look into what he's doing:

Read on Twitter

WNBA players don't make anywhere near the money that NBA players do and unlike NBA players, their pay got cut off if they chose to not play due to personal or underlying health reasons. Elena Delle Donne, the league's reigning MVP got absolutely done dirty by the WNBA because she can't play due to her ongoing bout with Lyme Disease.

Bravo Kyrie. I would hope that some more NBA players pledge some money to the fund.

MrDollarBills
RealGM

Post#93 » by MrDollarBills » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:54 pm

JC is developing a bond with LeVert

Read on Twitter

Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#94 » by Prokorov » Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:19 pm

MrDollarBills wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:

To be honest, dont think he was even worth a 2nd round pick. in addition to being unplayable on the defensive end there are legit concerns he will have a shorter career than most. And while the highlights show good ball handling, he turns it over more of then than actually dribbling by someone. same in college, same in HS. same with his jumper. highlight look good showing 2 threes swish, but dont show the 8 bricks
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#95 » by Claud » Sat Aug 1, 2020 8:29 pm

Our bubble roster is severely lacking talent as expected, but I still think we finish with the 8th seed by default.

The Wizards roster is just as bad as ours + we have a huge lead on them. I think if we beat them tomorrow it's basically a done deal.

Return to Brooklyn Nets