ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,753

OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#1 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:31 pm

Read on Twitter

Sorry, Mods. Couldn't find previous NFL thread.
viewtopic.php?f=171&p=83658591#p83658591
knickabocker88
Head Coach
And1: 1,914

Re: OT: Jets Trade Jamal Adams To Seattle 

Post#2 » by knickabocker88 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:33 pm

Good Riddance

Good Job Joe Douglas
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#3 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:35 pm

He also didn't go to Dallas soooo you're welcome, Giants fans?
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#4 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:35 pm

Loved Adams the player, he was the heart and soul of the defense... but man he wouldn't shut up and this was only going to end up in a divorce. I'm all about players trying to get their money, but he was looking for unprecedented money not to mention cashing in early. As far as the trade goes, we get quite the return for him, a better haul than the Raiders got for Mack. Going to miss Adams, but it's not hard moving on from players who didn't want to be here.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets

Post#5 » by Rich Rane » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:41 pm

Manhattan Project wrote:Loved Adams the player, he was the heart and soul of the defense... but man he wouldn't shut up and this was only going to end up in a divorce. I'm all about players trying to get their money, but he was looking for unprecedented money not to mention cashing in early. As far as the trade goes, we get quite the return for him, a better haul than the Raiders got for Mack. Going to miss Adams, but it's not hard moving on from players who didn't want to be here.

I absolutely agree with everything you said, but damn if the choice was between him and Gase, I'd choose Adams. Wouldn't mind at all if Woody is forced to sell the team too.

Like I'm not devastated about losing Adams, but at the same time I'm not jumping up and down about the haul. It's just so melancholic to be a Jets fan sometimes. :lol:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:48 pm

Rich Rane wrote:
Manhattan Project wrote:Loved Adams the player, he was the heart and soul of the defense... but man he wouldn't shut up and this was only going to end up in a divorce. I'm all about players trying to get their money, but he was looking for unprecedented money not to mention cashing in early. As far as the trade goes, we get quite the return for him, a better haul than the Raiders got for Mack. Going to miss Adams, but it's not hard moving on from players who didn't want to be here.

I absolutely agree with everything you said, but damn if the choice was between him and Gase, I'd choose Adams. Wouldn't mind at all if Woody is forced to sell the team too.

Like I'm not devastated about losing Adams, but at the same time I'm not jumping up and down about the haul. It's just so melancholic to be a Jets fan sometimes. :lol:

Listen, no one here is going to defend Gase and endorse him. In terms of a haul, for a safety or any player in the NFL, that's QUITE the haul. Not saying I'm happy, but looking at it objectively most people are going to say the Jets did as good as possible considering. It'll be real interesting to see what he ends up signing for.

It's not the same ole Jets, but you're right, we're all living up here on Melancholy hill.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Fury
RealGM
And1: 14,937

Post#7 » by Fury » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:09 pm

That’s a lot to give up for a safety
Daaaarryyl
Starter
And1: 502
Location: Eddie's house wondering why he wants to get me and Dave drunk.

Post#8 » by Daaaarryyl » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:16 pm

WHOA
Bulls69 wrote:The think about the Bulls we realizes we sucks but the Knicks on the other hand think everyone wants to play a garbage a** team. get real a team who has not won a win in over thirty -five years

Less Bulls, MORE books!!
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,451

Post#9 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:29 pm

Rich Rane wrote:

Nothing good will happen to this team until three things take place:

1. Jets fire Gaze
2. Woody sells the team
3. The Jets back to NYC/Queens/Brooklyn
Free Palestine
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,976

Post#10 » by Deeeez Knicks » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:39 pm

Wow, great deal for the jets
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
Oscirus
RealGM
And1: 9,237

Post#11 » by Oscirus » Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:10 pm

While Im not exactly happy about this trade, im not mad either. Cuz that's quite the haul for a safety. And good luck being as good when the division is as brutal as the west though.
Jimmit79 wrote:At this point I want RJ to get paid
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,146

Post#12 » by Fat Kat » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:39 pm

2021 Picks (10):

Jets 1st
Seattle 1st
Jets 2nd
Jets 3rd
Seattle 3rd
Jets 4th
Giants 5th
Jets 5th
Jets 6th
Jets 7th
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
j4remi
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 18,481

Post#13 » by j4remi » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:40 am

Got 2 firsts and a third plus a starting caliber replacement for a safety and a 4th. I'm good with this move. He was right about Gase but 20 million a season for a safety is bonkers.
Haliburton/Lewis Jr/Sasser
Booker/Shamet
Barnes/Dick/Duarte
Washington/Barnes/Crowder
Zubac/Theis/Clowney

Sanogo, Castleton

Ex: Samar, K. Diop, Spagnolo
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,214

Post#14 » by mpharris36 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:43 am

Fat Kat wrote:2021 Picks (10):

Jets 1st
Seattle 1st
Jets 2nd
Jets 3rd
Seattle 3rd
Jets 4th
Giants 5th
Jets 5th
Jets 6th
Jets 7th

yeah the assets are great for the Jets...and it stinks to lose your best player but its really not a "game breaking position". As a QB, OT, and edge rusher would.

My only concern is what the hell will the NFL draft look like next year. Will we have enough to evaluate these kids with a makeshift college football season. I thought it was a great value trade but its going to be tough to cash in on all those assets in an uncertain time which the NFL draft next year will be.
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Manhattan Project » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:56 am

mpharris36 wrote:
Fat Kat wrote:2021 Picks (10):

Jets 1st
Seattle 1st
Jets 2nd
Jets 3rd
Seattle 3rd
Jets 4th
Giants 5th
Jets 5th
Jets 6th
Jets 7th

yeah the assets are great for the Jets...and it stinks to lose your best player but its really not a "game breaking position". As a QB, OT, and edge rusher would.

My only concern is what the hell will the NFL draft look like next year. Will we have enough to evaluate these kids with a makeshift college football season. I thought it was a great value trade but its going to be tough to cash in on all those assets in an uncertain time which the NFL draft next year will be.

It's more about finally getting value from the draft, aka how you build a team. We're at the point now in which the 2016 and 2017 drafts have netted us Marcus Maye and Jordan Jenkins. Now it's all about Douglas being able to turn that treasure chest into something that'll pay off.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,954

Post#16 » by KnicksGadfly » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:10 am

Impressed Jets got this deal with Adams stirring up everything too
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#17 » by J9Starks3 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 1:46 am

Like others have said... sad that ‘mal is gone, because hes a BEAST... and hes 100% right about Gase! But he did this whole thing so wrong...and honest, even still, no S is worth $20M. So in hindsight this will probably be the best thing for our franchise. He’s not the guy you want in your locker room... its always something with him and even if we got rid of Gase, he’d be unhappy... even we offered him $15M/year he’d be unhappy... not needed in the locker room!

Joe Douglas is a really good GM, lets hope we can get some tools around Sam.

Wonder if being out of Adams shadow, if we wont find out that Maye is nearly as good!
MaseInYourFace
RealGM
And1: 11,272

Post#18 » by MaseInYourFace » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:41 am

He was becoming a nuisance but I would like to think a better run org would have avoided it getting to that point with Adams. Also, the Jets have a mixed record at best in the draft so the picks are by no means a lock for me. I kinda would have preferred getting a good(near Adams good) proven young piece on a fair deal along with maybe a draft pick. But on paper it is great value for Jets. I just am not confident they’ll nail those picks. Meanwhile Adams is all pro level and young player Jets actually drafted. I feel like they have to take some responsibility as an org that they could not keep him.
MIAMI HEAT BAF
G- James Harden
G- Malcolm Brogdon
F- Robert Covington
F- Paul Millsap
C- Dwight Howard
Bench: S. Milton, F. Korkmaz, K. Bazemore, D. Oturu, J. McDaniels, A. Caruso, T. Mann
IR: X. Tillman Sr., J. Nwora, E. Hughes,
Fat Kat
RealGM
And1: 29,146

Post#19 » by Fat Kat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:59 am

MaseInYourFace wrote:He was becoming a nuisance but I would like to think a better run org would have avoided it getting to that point with Adams. Also, the Jets have a mixed record at best in the draft so the picks are by no means a lock for me. I kinda would have preferred getting a good(near Adams good) proven young piece on a fair deal along with maybe a draft pick. But on paper it is great value for Jets. I just am not confident they’ll nail those picks. Meanwhile Adams is all pro level and young player Jets actually drafted. I feel like they have to take some responsibility as an org that they could not keep him.

Time will tell, but I think Douglas’ first draft was very good, and his trades are even better. I’m not gonna hold the failures of previous regimes over his head. Jamal is good, but he’s still a safety. He’ll never be worth what he wants to be paid.

The Jets remaining problem is Gase. The sooner he goes, the better.
All comments made by Fat Kat are given as opinion, which may or may not be derived from facts, and not made to personally attack anyone on Realgm. All rights reserved.®
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,451

Post#20 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:08 pm

Parting words from Jamal on Gaze. Just lovely.

At the end of the day, he doesn't address the team," Adams added. "If there's a problem in the locker room, he lets another coach address the team. If we're playing sh---y and we're losing, he doesn't address the entire team as a group at halftime. He'll walk out of the locker room and let another coach handle it."
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks