ImageImageImageImageImage

Is there his a playoff team

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Signature NYK
Sixth Man
And1: 554

Re: Is there his a playoff team 

Post#41 » by Signature NYK » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:33 am

There should be a number of posts you have to have in order to start a thread lol

Not tryna be a dick but bruh what is this? Lmao
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Post#42 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:28 am

Fck it. Leave the title as is. It'll show the other forums that we're different from all the others. We have OUR OWN LANGUAGE!
Free Palestine
prophet_of_rage
RealGM
And1: 6,637

Post#43 » by prophet_of_rage » Sun Jul 19, 2020 1:16 pm

Clyde_Style wrote:
prophet_of_rage wrote:
Clyde_Style wrote:If U Cn Rd Ths Sntnc Thn Mybe U Cn Undrstd Thrd Titl
I can read that sentence so maybe I understood that title. I think it was supposed to be is this here a playoff team?

Exactly!

Sent from my SM-N970W using Tapatalk
br7knicks
Knicks Forum The Professor
And1: 10,629

Post#44 » by br7knicks » Sun Jul 19, 2020 2:18 pm

Signature NYK wrote:There should be a number of posts you have to have in order to start a thread lol

Not tryna be a dick but bruh what is this? Lmao

I suggested this years ago.

A duration for probation, like at least 1 year.

Or 1000 and1s
RIP, magnumt '19

PG: M Smart/E Bledsoe/I Smith
SG: D Russell/C LeVert/L Stephenson
SF: H Barnes/T Horton Tucker/
PF: T Harris/C Boucher/B Griffin/
C: J Valanciunas/J McGee/
HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Post#45 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:36 pm

Nbabrothers speaks in code
Free Palestine
Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,839

Post#46 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:46 pm

Cheezeburger still has today going now when for more?
blanko
Starter
And1: 1,143

Post#47 » by blanko » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:42 am

Trade dsj for cp3 and 3 houston/la picks.

Cp3 frank rj mitch randle has a better chance at making the playoffs than your lineup. And we get 3 first rounders.

Sent from my SM-N960N using Tapatalk
blanko
Starter

Post#48 » by blanko » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:44 am

Heck taking on cp3 and gordon hayword and picks from boston and okc would make us competitive and allow us a war chest.

-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#49 » by -YogiBiz- » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:21 am

blanko wrote:Heck taking on cp3 and gordon hayword and picks from boston and okc would make us competitive and allow us a war chest.

Ehh both of those guys have positive value in the vacuum of their situations. The Thunder like the leadership of CP3, and his ability to take pressure of their other lead ball handler. And who exactly would they be signing with this newly found cap space anyways?

As for Hayward, he has been pretty good for the Celtics this year. Idk if they want to get rid of him.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,075

Post#50 » by moocow007 » Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:26 am

Nbabrothers wrote:According to the NYPost starting lineup of LaMelo Ball (point guard); RJ Barrett (shooting guard); Carmelo Anthony (small forward); Christian Wood (power forward) and Mitchell Robinson (center) coaches by Thibedou is a playoff team for next season. Thoughts? Is Christian Wood any good?
Also, the bench would be Frank Ntilikina (backup PG), Reggie Bullock (backup SG), Kevin Knox (backup SF), Julius Randle (backup PF) and Taj Gibson (backup C.
A whole lot would depend on Ball and how quickly he can be the man that makes his teammates better.

But I don't see that team as a playoff team. Carmelo Anthony isnt the player he was in his prime. And there's just not enough experience from the rest of the guys on that roster.

The guy that the Knicks can probably realistically get without gutting the assets that would most likely be able to get them to the playoffs is this guy.

Add Paul via trade, Christian Wood via FA signing and Anthony Edwards via draft and you get a starting 5 of Chris Paul (point guard), Anthony Edwards (shooting guard), RJ Barrett (small forward), Christian Wood (power forward) and Mitchell Robinson (center) would probably be the best bet for a playoff appearance.

Assuming Barrett can show he's improved on his biggest weakness, Robinson can come in more "vicious" and "serious" and Wood continues his upward play, yeah if you get Thibs to goad this group into "attack dog" mode with CP3 handling the offense and sure.

That actually can be a very surprising team that could be a handful...especially if they load the bench with some strong minded and skilled vets...IF all these young guys can turn on the gas.

Thibs working on Anthony Edwards could unlock full blown Antman (who can dominate on both ends) as well as the rest of these guys. You want these guys to be pushed into bringing out their man game and Thibs can do that probably better than anyone.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
blanko
Starter

Post#51 » by blanko » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:31 am

-YogiBiz- wrote:
blanko wrote:Heck taking on cp3 and gordon hayword and picks from boston and okc would make us competitive and allow us a war chest.

Ehh both of those guys have positive value in the vacuum of their situations. The Thunder like the leadership of CP3, and his ability to take pressure of their other lead ball handler. And who exactly would they be signing with this newly found cap space anyways?

As for Hayward, he has been pretty good for the Celtics this year. Idk if they want to get rid of him.
Not in this economic environment. Boston and okc dont want to pay luxury tax. Remeber tatum is coming up for his max extension also. Now danny wont like to trade him and give up assets, but that call ma be made from higher ups..

KnicksGadfly
RealGM
And1: 13,940

Post#52 » by KnicksGadfly » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:07 am

That's an Isiah Thomas playoff team, if I ever saw one. Two things let me know this proposal was trash:

1. NY Post
2. Inclusion of Melo as a starter/vet mentor
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#53 » by -YogiBiz- » Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:13 am

blanko wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:

Not in this economic environment. Boston and okc dont want to pay luxury tax. Remeber tatum is coming up for his max extension also. Now danny wont like to trade him and give up assets, but that call ma be made from higher ups..

Boston has paid the luxury tax for teams they feel can win it. I see no reason as to why the Celtics wouldn't want to. The Thunder would probably want to avoid paying it, but idk if they want to miss the playoffs.
J9Starks3
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,195

Post#54 » by J9Starks3 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:14 pm

Is here your best exit 1 round

Hope I got the formatting right...
Esq-4
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#55 » by Esq-4 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:06 am

blanko wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:

I'm on the get Paul bandwagon. Same reason we'd want him, OKC would want to keep him, but money can be an issue. They also have to decide what direction they are going. Gallo is a FA. Do they pay him what he wants/can get elsewhere to run it back a couple years? Probably not. Even with Gallo they are not a contender, so might as well save the money on Paul by dumping him on us. As far as the, what is OKC going to do with the money, point, that could open the door to then being interested in Randle. He's young enough and on a decent enough contract that he could make sense, especially if Gallo goes. Add in DSJr to add to the back court with Paul gone, as well as salary relief, seems like something can be done.

I do it even if we draft Ball (or any point guard).

I'm desperate enough, I'd look to Gallo as our new stretch 4. He has injury history and is 32(?), so would be another short term option. I also get that it's not going to make us a contender, but we need winning basketball regardless.

Hayward I feel is a different story and would cost too much.

Is Love a guy we could get assets to absorb?

As to the actual thread, No. Is it possible to scrap for an 8 seed, I suppose, but doubtful unless multiple players take a huge leap.
blanko
Starter

Post#56 » by blanko » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:36 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:
blanko wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:

Boston has paid the luxury tax for teams they feel can win it. I see no reason as to why the Celtics wouldn't want to. The Thunder would probably want to avoid paying it, but idk if they want to miss the playoffs.
Look at what their salary would need to be if they max out tatum. That would mean they have 4 with max contracts (or near max). Also how valuable is hayword if tatum and brown keep developing? I thibk we can get gordon and get a 1st rounder at least.

blanko
Starter

Post#57 » by blanko » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:37 pm

ask yourselves, in a post covid world how many teams ahve the capspace and the pockets to take on $34 mil?

Clyde_Style
RealGM
And1: 60,839

Post#58 » by Clyde_Style » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:30 pm

any who today has cheezeburger mine gladly pay monday I will
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#59 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:17 pm

Nbabrothers wrote:According to the NYPost starting lineup of LaMelo Ball (point guard); RJ Barrett (shooting guard); Carmelo Anthony (small forward); Christian Wood (power forward) and Mitchell Robinson (center) coaches by Thibedou is a playoff team for next season. Thoughts? Is Christian Wood any good?
Also, the bench would be Frank Ntilikina (backup PG), Reggie Bullock (backup SG), Kevin Knox (backup SF), Julius Randle (backup PF) and Taj Gibson (backup C.

That lineup would give Thibs a stroke. Personally I think it would be fun to watch but nary a defender in the crew outside of Mitch.
Nazrmohamed
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,995

Post#60 » by Nazrmohamed » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:44 pm

moocow007 wrote:
A whole lot would depend on Ball and how quickly he can be the man that makes his teammates better.

But I don't see that team as a playoff team. Carmelo Anthony isnt the player he was in his prime. And there's just not enough experience from the rest of the guys on that roster.

The guy that the Knicks can probably realistically get without gutting the assets that would most likely be able to get them to the playoffs is this guy.

Add Paul via trade, Christian Wood via FA signing and Anthony Edwards via draft and you get a starting 5 of Chris Paul (point guard), Anthony Edwards (shooting guard), RJ Barrett (small forward), Christian Wood (power forward) and Mitchell Robinson (center) would probably be the best bet for a playoff appearance.

Assuming Barrett can show he's improved on his biggest weakness, Robinson can come in more "vicious" and "serious" and Wood continues his upward play, yeah if you get Thibs to goad this group into "attack dog" mode with CP3 handling the offense and sure.

That actually can be a very surprising team that could be a handful...especially if they load the bench with some strong minded and skilled vets...IF all these young guys can turn on the gas.

Thibs working on Anthony Edwards could unlock full blown Antman (who can dominate on both ends) as well as the rest of these guys. You want these guys to be pushed into bringing out their man game and Thibs can do that probably better than anyone.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app

Thats cool but you're banking on us being in range for Edwards and Ball and we do have the assets to do so but I'd rather keep them. Id stay put or even trade back a couple spots and grab Devin Vassell. At his cost you've just committed to him at PG for the life of his deal and I'm ok with that, as are you must likely. But with Vassell you get a Thibs type of player and might even pick up another asset in a trade down or maybe you just flip the pick in your efforts to get CP3(the addition asset pick I mean). Maybe a future 1st from that trade down may allow us to make it simple in terms of just dumping Randle, Portis and basically unwanted filler.

CP3
Vassel
Barret
Wood
Mitch

Still very young to imagine fighting for a playoff spot but besides Wood we're not really spending much in new money. Could always round out the roster with some vet role players who defend and shoot of course. But I think this would give Thibs his defensive guys, help improve our shooting as a team and a vet PG to manage the offense.

Return to New York Knicks