ImageImageImageImageImage

Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

HarthorneWingo
RealGM
And1: 55,416

Re: Official 2020 Mets Thread, p. 50 

Post#1081 » by HarthorneWingo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:26 pm

Ces’s swing looks just like it did 2 years ago. I’m glad Rojas decided to move him to the 4 spot protecting Pete.
Free Palestine
Jeffrey
Head Coach
And1: 4,930

Post#1082 » by Jeffrey » Sat Jul 25, 2020 11:28 pm

LOL fcking Brodie.. you should be fired immediately for that Cano and Diaz trade.
Stannis
RealGM
And1: 9,768

Post#1083 » by Stannis » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:22 am

Mets better not make the same mistake they did last year. They are trying to salvage whatever they got in that awful trade [Diaz].

We just have to admit that Diaz sucks. He's a thrower, not a pitcher. And throwers are not consistent. We saw it with Familia. Not as bad, but you get the idea.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1084 » by Stannis » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:25 am

blueNorange wrote:probably the best lineup in my lifetime watching the mets.

Read on Twitter

It does look great. But like MP said, too many wildcards. I don't want to speak too soon. But damn, if nobody chokes, that's a serious order.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1085 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:04 pm

Stannis wrote:
blueNorange wrote:probably the best lineup in my lifetime watching the mets.

Read on Twitter

It does look great. But like MP said, too many wildcards. I don't want to speak too soon. But damn, if nobody chokes, that's a serious order.

I prefer Cespedes behind Alonso. I’m not concerned about lefty/righty with my 4 and 5 hitters
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1086 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 2:06 pm

Stannis wrote:Mets better not make the same mistake they did last year. They are trying to salvage whatever they got in that awful trade [Diaz].

We just have to admit that Diaz sucks. He's a thrower, not a pitcher. And throwers are not consistent. We saw it with Familia. Not as bad, but you get the idea.

Can’t wait to hear Benigno go OFF on Monday about Diaz. :lol:
Free Palestine
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 19,916

Post#1087 » by blueNorange » Sun Jul 26, 2020 5:02 pm

the pitch diaz threw wasn't bad at all, it was better hitting.

but ya no excuses.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1088 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:59 pm

Is Diaz on a short leash?
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1089 » by Stannis » Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:25 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:Is Diaz on a short leash?

Of course he is. He had an abysmal season last year. I don't see why he wouldn't?
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1090 » by HarthorneWingo » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:27 pm

Stannis wrote:

Of course he is. He had an abysmal season last year. I don't see why he wouldn't?

I don’t understand how one goes from being so dominant to this. Dude throws close to 100 mph.
Free Palestine
nyknicks09
RealGM
And1: 3,215

Post#1091 » by nyknicks09 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:02 am

The Mets need to bring Diaz as a reliever and let Familia be the closer. I believe his problem is more mental.
New York Knicks
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1092 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:16 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:

I don’t understand how one goes from being so dominant to this. Dude throws close to 100 mph.

Might as well be an 80 MPH fastball with that lack of movement. He's a thrower, not a pitcher. It's hard to say lets not jump to conclusions, but man with this shortened season and injuries already, it's hard to see this team being able to compete if the bats don't wake up. We have a ton of streaky hitters and if they start slow it can be over before the season even really starts. With the expanded playoffs who knows what's going to happen, but you just gotta hope the starters are able to give us six a game and we should be able to win enough games.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1093 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:19 am

Manhattan Project wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:Of course he is. He had an abysmal season last year. I don't see why he wouldn't?

Might as well be an 80 MPH fastball with that lack of movement. He's a thrower, not a pitcher. It's hard to say lets not jump to conclusions, but man with this shortened season and injuries already, it's hard to see this team being able to compete if the bats don't wake up. We have a ton of streaky hitters and if they start slow it can be over before the season even really starts. With the expanded playoffs who knows what's going to happen, but you just gotta hope the starters are able to give us six a game and we should be able to win enough games.

I think we still need to give him another series or two.
Free Palestine
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,964

Post#1094 » by Manhattan Project » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:21 am

HarthorneWingo wrote:
I think we still need to give him another series or two.

On one hand it really wasn't a bad pitch, outside corner but it was the same exact pitch that got Ozuna out the night before. Just tried to get too cute. To remove him now would be foolish, but it's not something that we can let get away, especially with these clown extra inning rules.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1095 » by Stannis » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:

Maybe last night was just bad luck. So give him 2 more tries (yes, I'm serious about the 2 tries only. It's a shortened season).

But you see this a lot with throwers. When their stuff isn't in the zone, it's hard for them to find their way back. Diaz should have been sent to AAA last season to rework his mechanics.

He's still being forced as the closer because the front office really wants to make the Cano-deal look ok. But they are just making it look worse.

nyknicks09 wrote: over before the season even really starts. With the expanded playoffs

I think Familia and Diaz have the same issue. Both are throwers. Both are inconsistent. Right now, throwing in Familia as the closer wouldn't be wise.

Most relievers are throwers anyways. That part is ok. But I just don't see why we don't go with the hot hand or closer by committee. Instead, we have been infatuated with trying to find our Mo Rivera these last 2 seasons.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1096 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:41 pm

Stannis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:
Stannis wrote:Of course he is. He had an abysmal season last year. I don't see why he wouldn't?

Maybe last night was just bad luck. So give him 2 more tries (yes, I'm serious about the 2 tries only. It's a shortened season).

But you see this a lot with throwers. When their stuff isn't in the zone, it's hard for them to find their way back. Diaz should have been sent to AAA last season to rework his mechanics.

He's still being forced as the closer because the front office really wants to make the Cano-deal look ok. But they are just making it look worse.

nyknicks09 wrote: over before the season even really starts. With the expanded playoffs

I think Familia and Diaz have the same issue. Both are throwers. Both are inconsistent. Right now, throwing in Familia as the closer wouldn't be wise.

Most relievers are throwers anyways. That part is ok. But I just don't see why we don't go with the hot hand or closer by committee. Instead, we have been infatuated with trying to find our Mo Rivera these last 2 seasons.

Have we ever had anyone close to that? Nope. For as long as I can remember, all of our closers have been scary. Looper, Benitez, Wagner, Franco, FRod, Myers ... who am I missing?
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1097 » by Stannis » Mon Jul 27, 2020 7:44 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
Have we ever had anyone close to that? Nope. For as long as I can remember, all of our closers have been scary. Looper, Benitez, Wagner, Franco, FRod, Myers ... who am I missing?

Jenrry Meijia lol

I guess Familia in his 50 save season. But even that season I remember it was a lot of +2-run lead saves. And he had trouble with his sinker hitting the dirt.

Anyways, I know we aren't going to get that automatic closer anytime soon. But I just don't want to see the manager try to force one this year.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1098 » by HarthorneWingo » Mon Jul 27, 2020 8:02 pm

Stannis wrote:
HarthorneWingo wrote:

Jenrry Meijia lol

I guess Familia in his 50 save season. But even that season I remember it was a lot of +2-run lead saves. And he had trouble with his sinker hitting the dirt.

Anyways, I know we aren't going to get that automatic closer anytime soon. But I just don't want to see the manager try to force one this year.

We may not have a baseball season in another week or two.
Free Palestine
Stannis
RealGM

Post#1099 » by Stannis » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:03 pm

HarthorneWingo wrote:
We may not have a baseball season in another week or two.

You think they will actually cancel the entire season?

In hindsight, they should have just done a bubble like the NBA.

Hopefully the NFL is learning from their mistakes.
Free Palestine
HarthorneWingo
RealGM

Post#1100 » by HarthorneWingo » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:12 pm

blueNorange wrote:the pitch diaz threw wasn't bad at all, it was better hitting.

but ya no excuses.

You're boy is starting tonight in Boston.
Free Palestine

Return to New York Knicks