Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25

MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,649

Re: OT: General OT Thread [NO POLITICS OR RELIGION] 

Post#761 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Jul 26, 2020 8:27 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:
jschligs wrote:Anyone have a recommendation on a really good pillow for neck pain/soreness? I've typically used some $30-50 memory foam ones but I want to step it up and get something that'll be worth it. I'd spend anywhere up to $200 which sounds crazy, but there is 2 things I don't skimp on; bedding and shoes.

I **** love my pillow. I went through 5 before finding the right one for me.

https://coophomegoods.com/collections/pillows/products/king-bamboo-shredded-memory-foam-pillow

They have an 'Eden' version now, which is $20 more and supposedly helps keep you cool. The original definitely isn't a "hot" pillow, but it's also not a designed keep-cool pillow. If it works, which I can't attest to, it would be worth the $20 upgrade.

But yeah, $60. I bought some way more expensive than that before finding this.

This is rated #1 on Consumer Reports (by a lot). Actually the one they rate high is "Premium Adjustable Loft" and that's wha I ordered so I don't know if it's exactly the same one you referenced. $60. It will be here Tuesday. Obviously it's very subjective with pillows. I've been through many and I'm pretty happy with my current one (down). I hate memory foam pillows but never tried the shredded foam kind so I'm giving it a shot.

It will flatten out over time, no matter how much of the shredded foam you stuff it with. But when you throw it in a hot dryer for 20-30 minutes it is good as new (which they tell you in the instructions). I find every 2-3 weeks I throw it in the dryer to get the height back.
jschligs
General Manager
And1: 5,886

Post#762 » by jschligs » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:11 am

I went ahead and got the King sized Eden and I’m pretty thrilled for it to come. Didn’t even realize it was #1 on consumer reports!
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 45,216

Post#763 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:10 am

jschligs wrote:I went ahead and got the King sized Eden and I’m pretty thrilled for it to come. Didn’t even realize it was #1 on consumer reports!

Is the Eden the same as the Premium Adjustable Loft? I didn't take the time to see if they have more than one pillow. I just ordered the one I saw in CR.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
jschligs
General Manager

Post#764 » by jschligs » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:12 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
jschligs wrote:I went ahead and got the King sized Eden and I’m pretty thrilled for it to come. Didn’t even realize it was #1 on consumer reports!

Is the Eden the same as the Premium Adjustable Loft? I didn't take the time to see if they have more than one pillow. I just ordered the one I saw in CR.

I actually don't know. I don't even see the Premium Adjustable Loft on their site. I only see the Original and the Eden (then a camping and a body pillow). The Eden is just the Original with cooling padding I guess. Each come with a half pound of more stuffing.

I need a little more on the firm side so I will be adding more when my comes Thursday. I'm pretty excited now! I've dealt with neck/shoulder/back pain for a long time. And hip pain but that's another story. Probably has to do with being 6'4" and having terrible posture and weak supporting muscles.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#765 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:51 pm

jschligs wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:

I actually don't know. I don't even see the Premium Adjustable Loft on their site. I only see the Original and the Eden (then a camping and a body pillow). The Eden is just the Original with cooling padding I guess. Each come with a half pound of more stuffing.

I need a little more on the firm side so I will be adding more when my comes Thursday. I'm pretty excited now! I've dealt with neck/shoulder/back pain for a long time. And hip pain but that's another story. Probably has to do with being 6'4" and having terrible posture and weak supporting muscles.

I ordered mine from Amazon. I rarely order from them anymore due to all the fake **** I've received. In this case it says it's sold by Coop so I'm hoping it's the real thing.
HaroldinGMinor
RealGM
And1: 14,702

Post#766 » by HaroldinGMinor » Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:55 pm

MissKhriddleton wrote:Anybody know of any free, outdoor Pickleball courts in the MKE area?

My tennis loving buddies told me that there are a bunch in Waukesha. Banting Park has them for certain. Not sure where else.

You can also join the Milwaukee Pickleball Network:
https://www.globalpickleball.network/network/home/3302-the-milwaukee-pickleball-network
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,945

Post#767 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:15 pm

DEADSPIN (KINDA) BACK.

This makes me so happy.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,370

Post#768 » by trwi7 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 4:15 pm

What does Jen Lada see in Dario Melendez? Jesus Christ that guy is a **** idiot.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,597

Post#769 » by tski1972 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:03 pm

My new man cave is soon to be completed and I’m moving my music collection into it. I don’t feel like disconnecting our current home stereo equipment and moving it as well so I’m looking for an affordable sound system.

Any suggestions, tips, leads, etc are appreciated.
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
jschligs
General Manager

Post#770 » by jschligs » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:22 pm

tski1972 wrote:My new man cave is soon to be completed and I’m moving my music collection into it. I don’t feel like disconnecting our current home stereo equipment and moving it as well so I’m looking for an affordable sound system.

How affordable are you thinking? I bought a Denon receiver for $249 and Monoprice 5.1 surround for $99 and for a non-audio junky it is awesome.
tski1972
Head Coach
And1: 3,597

Post#771 » by tski1972 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:35 pm

jschligs wrote:
tski1972 wrote:My new man cave is soon to be completed and I’m moving my music collection into it. I don’t feel like disconnecting our current home stereo equipment and moving it as well so I’m looking for an affordable sound system.

How affordable are you thinking? I bought a Denon receiver for $249 and Monoprice 5.1 surround for $99 and for a non-audio junky it is awesome.

Would like to keep the price under $200. The room isn’t very big and I don't need anything fancy, just quality sound and I need a CD player (I have over 300 cds).
http://twitter.com/MarkIsOld

"Because of Giannis, the once lousy Bucks are back in the NBA conversation." - 60 Minutes
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#772 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:06 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
jschligs wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Is the Eden the same as the Premium Adjustable Loft? I didn't take the time to see if they have more than one pillow. I just ordered the one I saw in CR.

I ordered mine from Amazon. I rarely order from them anymore due to all the fake **** I've received. In this case it says it's sold by Coop so I'm hoping it's the real thing.

Pillow came today, box says "original". Since it's shredded memory foam I figured it would have an odor and boy does it ever. Put it in the dryer low heat with dryer sheets and then had it outside for a few hours and it still stinks. So I won't be using it tonight. I'm a side sleeper and it says for side sleeping use it as is to start. Don't add any or take any out. Seems awfully bulky but I'll try it without taking any out.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,649

Post#773 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:17 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:
jschligs wrote:

Pillow came today, box says "original". Since it's shredded memory foam I figured it would have an odor and boy does it ever. Put it in the dryer low heat with dryer sheets and then had it outside for a few hours and it still stinks. So I won't be using it tonight. I'm a side sleeper and it says for side sleeping use it as is to start. Don't add any or take any out. Seems awfully bulky but I'll try it without taking any out.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that part. I think I didn't use it for 2 days or so, but it does go away.

And yes, the bulkiness does go down. Use it within reason, but do expect it to level out a bit more to a more comfortable level. Your big head will do the work :P
trwi7
RealGM

Post#774 » by trwi7 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:50 pm

Kwik Trip buys Stop-N-Go. There is a Stop-N-Go a half mile from my apartment. The Stop-N-Go is right next to the Hartland Inn which has heavy damage from a fire over a year ago and nobody knows if it's going to reopen. So just sell the building to Kwik Trip for like a dollar and make me very happy.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 34,945

Post#775 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:02 pm

“French’s Mustard Beer is infused with key lime, lemon, tangerine, and passion fruit to create a tart, refreshing match for the bright and bold zip of Classic Yellow Mustard – perfect for summertime backyard barbecues.”

Like Oskar Blues but, yea, I don't know about this one.
trwi7
RealGM

Post#776 » by trwi7 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:09 pm

The Pretzel looks delicious.

vital_signs
Analyst
And1: 2,239

Post#777 » by vital_signs » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:29 pm

100% snagging me some mustard beer if I find it. Would rather it be honey mustard but perhaps that will come next.
Inadequate perception I reckon it's from the Valium
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,640

Post#778 » by chonestown » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:18 pm

Would rather have a lukewarm Skittlebrau but that's just me.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Ill-yasova
RealGM
And1: 2,552

Post#779 » by Ill-yasova » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:59 am

ReasonablySober wrote:Image

“French’s Mustard Beer is infused with key lime, lemon, tangerine, and passion fruit to create a tart, refreshing match for the bright and bold zip of Classic Yellow Mustard – perfect for summertime backyard barbecues.”

Like Oskar Blues but, yea, I don't know about this one.

Light this **** on fire and scatter it to the wind!
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,939

Post#780 » by humanrefutation » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:13 am

Read on Twitter

The old Deadspin crew is back with their own subscription-based blog. I'm down for it. I've missed these folks.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks