ImageImageImageImageImage

2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16!

Moderators: dakomish23, Capn'O, j4remi, Deeeez Knicks, NoLayupRule, GONYK, mpharris36, HerSports85, Jeff Van Gully

Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Re: 2019-2020 College/Draft thread (Part 6) -LOTTO 8/20 DRAFT 10/16! 

Post#1701 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:44 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:
Deeeez Knicks wrote:New mock from Wasserman. Deni to the Knicks at #6. Nico at #27

Read on Twitter

6. New York Knicks: Deni Avdija (Maccabi Tel Aviv, SF/PF, 2001)
A point guard may be the target for the New York Knicks, but they won't reach to fill a need. President Leon Rose and general manager Scott Perry will be focused on adding talent in the draft for new coach Tom Thibodeau. And since the Israeli BSL resumed last month, Deni Avdija's top-five case has only gotten stronger.

He was just named MVP of the Winner League after playing an integral role in Maccabi Tel Aviv's championship run.

The Knicks would presumably consider him at No. 6 if LaMelo Ball and Tyrese Haliburton were gone. France's Killian Hayes will also be in the mix, though scouts seem split on whether he's worthy of going in the first half of the lottery, and it's unclear where the New York front office stands.

But most feel safe about Avdija, even if they question the height of his ceiling because of concerns over his shooting consistency and ability to create for himself. At 6'8", he's put on considerable muscle and possesses the skill versatility to grab and go, handle in pick-and-rolls, work from the post and spot up from three.

Instead of adding a rookie to run the offense, the Knicks could focus on building their wing with Avdija and RJ Barrett and try to sign a point guard and/or give more responsibility to Frank Ntilikina.

27. New York Knicks (via Clippers): Nico Mannion (Arizona, PG, Freshman)

The Knicks would buy low on Mannion, who entered the season viewed as a potential top-10 pick. A few slumps ruined his shooting percentages, and questions about his physical tools got louder as the season went on. But Mannion still possesses a well-rounded skill set for a point guard, between his pull-up game, off-screen shooting and playmaking vision.

They should've just given us Riller. Riller + Avdija would be a bomb ass first round IMO. Although Riller would be older than almost everyone of our youngsters. Deni + Nico is a good haul though.

I do like Riller a lot. Would be a nice pickup at #27.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
sol537
RealGM
And1: 5,040

Post#1702 » by sol537 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:54 pm

Whoever we end up picking, I'd still want to try to grab FVV and Jerami Grant on reasonable deals in free agency. They are great fits for this young squad and would fit well with Thibs, given their hard-nosed defense. Doesn't hurt that both can shoot the rock from three. I would be ecstatic if we could get those two on fair deals.
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1703 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:00 pm

This is what I worry about Deni, he looks solid but nothing really special especially considering it's a really weak league where Amare is still dominating

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Seems like he can have a nice role in the NBA but his ceiling just doesn't look that high. The most exciting part about drafting Deni is that he's not Lamelo.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
Deeeez Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 49,967

Post#1704 » by Deeeez Knicks » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:20 pm

HEZI wrote:This is what I worry about Deni, he looks solid but nothing really special especially considering it's a really weak league where Amare is still dominating

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Seems like he can have a nice role in the NBA but his ceiling just doesn't look that high. The most exciting part about drafting Deni is that he's not Lamelo.

Yea I am still not sure about Deni or his ceiling. I never pictured him as really a high ceiling type player and wasnt that high on him before. But he does look like he is producing a lot more, and the shot looks much better. Still looks like he can be a nice all around player which is good to have.
Mavs
C: Timelord | Paul Reed | M Brown
PF: Sabonis | Lauri Markkanen
SF: Lebron | Lauri Markkanen
SG: DWhite | Lonnie Walker | Shake | Ty Jerome
PG: VanFleet | Tre Jones | Rose | Deuce
HEZI
RealGM
And1: 26,893

Post#1705 » by HEZI » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:25 pm

Deeeez Knicks wrote:
HEZI wrote:This is what I worry about Deni, he looks solid but nothing really special especially considering it's a really weak league where Amare is still dominating

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Yea I am still not sure about Deni or his ceiling. I never pictured him as really a high ceiling type player and wasnt that high on him before. But he does look like he is producing a lot more, and the shot looks much better. Still looks like he can be a nice all around player which is good to have.

He can be a nice NBA player for sure but I just don't have high expectations about him. Don't see a star with him but yeah a nice rotation player for sure.
DENVER NUGGETS
Kyrie Irving/Josh Green/Dennis Schroder
Demar Derozan/Gordon Hayward/Amir Coffey
Torrey Craig/Gary Harris/Cedi Osman
Jarace Walker/Larry Nance Jr./Dominick Barlow
Xavier Tillman/Charles Bassey/Nick Richards
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,096

Post#1706 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:29 pm

Worst_to_First wrote:
3toheadmelo wrote:

I read somewhere that the Spurs are trying to build a package in order to move up in the draft and get Wiseman. Says they have him as a far #1 on their board and they did their homework on him.

If that’s true hope the Spurs can pull it off.

Wiseman is extremely talented and has elite potential. Folks are too too too stuck on the "every big needs to shoot a 3 or they're useless in the NBA" craze.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1707 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:30 pm

sol537 wrote:Whoever we end up picking, I'd still want to try to grab FVV and Jerami Grant on reasonable deals in free agency. They are great fits for this young squad and would fit well with Thibs, given their hard-nosed defense. Doesn't hurt that both can shoot the rock from three. I would be ecstatic if we could get those two on fair deals.

Are they really? What about them says that they would be great for a young struggling team instead of a top tier championship caliber team where everyone has a clear role and can execute it?
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#1708 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:55 pm

Guess the player

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
El Poochio
Knicks Forum Jose Cuervo Man
And1: 24,594

Post#1709 » by El Poochio » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:56 pm

I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis

B: L. Doncic | J. Carter | D. Banton
B: D. Melton | A. Burks
B: B. Ingram | K. Oubre | J. Tate
B: Z. Williamson | DJJ | K. Lofton Jr
B: KP | D. Powell
Richard4444
General Manager
And1: 5,974

Post#1710 » by Richard4444 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:09 pm

moocow007 wrote:
sol537 wrote:Whoever we end up picking, I'd still want to try to grab FVV and Jerami Grant on reasonable deals in free agency. They are great fits for this young squad and would fit well with Thibs, given their hard-nosed defense. Doesn't hurt that both can shoot the rock from three. I would be ecstatic if we could get those two on fair deals.

Are they really? What about them says that they would be great for a young struggling team instead of a top tier championship caliber team where everyone has a clear role and can execute it?

Raptors and Nuggets can try to low ball Fred and Jerami.

Raptors are trying to saving cap space for 2021 FA. Maybe they refuse to give Fred a long term deal.

Denver have a lot of ending contracts. They need to spend a lot to keep Grant, Milsap, Mason Plumlee, Craig and Bol Bol. Moeroever they already have a 100M payroll to next season. Furthermore, as a small market team, I assume they will have big revenue trouble. They can let some of these players go.

But if the Knicks offer is not substancial superior than Raptors/Denver ones, I agree they would rather keep playing for a winning team.
BAF Brooklyn - Pre-Season NBA 2K Simulation 2023 Champions.

Brunson/Nembhard/Micic
Butler/IQ/Ben Sheppard
Strus/Watford/Nesmith
Boucher/Morris/Baldwin Jr
Embiid/Landale/Yurtseven
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#1711 » by -YogiBiz- » Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:51 pm

El Poochio wrote:Image

Guess the player

Dario Saric?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1712 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:24 pm

Richard4444 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:

Raptors and Nuggets can try to low ball Fred and Jerami.

Raptors are trying to saving cap space for 2021 FA. Maybe they refuse to give Fred a long term deal.

Denver have a lot of ending contracts. They need to spend a lot to keep Grant, Milsap, Mason Plumlee, Craig and Bol Bol. Moeroever they already have a 100M payroll to next season. Furthermore, as a small market team, I assume they will have big revenue trouble. They can let some of these players go.

But if the Knicks offer is not substancial superior than Raptors/Denver ones, I agree they would rather keep playing for a winning team.

I hear you and agree. But my point was more about questionning how good these guys would be on the Knicks instead of a top team like the Raptors. I don't know that they would be as impactful here as they appear to be with their respective current teams.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1713 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:26 pm

-YogiBiz- wrote:

Guess the player

Dario Saric?

Probably. That is the Croatian flag and Saric is a Croat. Saric also was putting up real nice stats overseas...that was the one thing that was different about him and a lot of the other young Euro players when discussing the draft...he was actually playing lots and putting big numbers up.
-YogiBiz-
Pro Prospect
And1: 686

Post#1714 » by -YogiBiz- » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:28 pm

moocow007 wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:

Guess the player

Dario Saric?

Probably. That is the Croatian flag and Saric is a Croat.

That's how I drew the conclusion.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks
And1: 100,214

Post#1715 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:30 pm

moocow007 wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:

Guess the player

Dario Saric?

Probably. That is the Croatian flag and Saric is a Croat. Saric also was putting up real nice stats overseas...that was the one thing that was different about him and a lot of the other young Euro players when discussing the draft...he was actually playing lots and putting big numbers up.

isn't Dario the player that said Thibs never talked to him once :lol:
B2B 2021-22 & 2022-23 BAF Champion Spurs:

ROSTER

Nic Claxton/Walker Kessler/Jeff Green
Nikola Jokic/Jonathan Kuminga/Dean Wade
Cam Johnson/Josh Hart/Kenrich Williams
Alex Caruso/Killian Hayes/Aaron Wiggins
Steph Curry/Delon Wright/DSJ
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1716 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:31 pm

El Poochio wrote:I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis

Obi is too close to a Carlos Boozer type for him to be the pick assuming Thibs actually has any say in it. Thibs was not a fan of Boozer's game.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1717 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:31 pm

mpharris36 wrote:
moocow007 wrote:
-YogiBiz- wrote:
Dario Saric?

isn't Dario the player that said Thibs never talked to him once :lol:

Yeah I believe so. :lol:
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1718 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:33 pm

moocow007 wrote:
El Poochio wrote:I guess Thibs hire shuts down the Melo dream

Prepare your Obis

Obi is too close to a Carlos Boozer type for him to be the pick assuming Thibs actually has any say in it. Thibs was not a fan of Boozer's game.

I'm sure even after his Minny stint with KAT...he nows the important of bigs that can play defense. He was known as a defensive coach his whole life and KAT help lead a 3 year stretch of minny being a horrible defensive team.

ROSTER

moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1719 » by moocow007 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:37 pm

You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.

Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on. If I'm the Knicks and Ball is off the board but Anthony is on, my choice would be real quick. You take Edwards, all the existing talent, the upside, the star qualities, the great feel and you think you can mold him into an All-Star player.

One scenario was where the Knicks end up with Edwards, trade Randle in some sort of package for CP3 and sign Woods or Bertans, then add them to Barrett and Robinson, and that would be one heck of a team that could do something under Thibs.
mpharris36
Forum Mod - Knicks
Forum Mod - Knicks

Post#1720 » by mpharris36 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:47 pm

moocow007 wrote:You know what, I may be leaning towards Anthony Edwards as the guy I want most right now. I just listened to him analyse how he plays with Mike Schmitz and he's EXTREMELY bright and knows the answer to every question Shmitz was throwing at him about what he was thinking, what he should have done, etc., etc. on numerous plays. Every answer was right on and was quick, didn't need to think and was in great detail (not him trying to remember to say the right thing). And it's so different than most of the players that Shmitz interviewed. Edwards just has a natural understanding that you can't teach.

For those that haven't listened to it, i'd suggest doing so.

Even if not the first choice, his ability to understand the right play quickly and being able to read and react combined with all those tools and skills can make him a top tier player in the NBA. You got a 6'5" guy with 6'10" wingspan, super strong, explosive, can create, pass, defend and see/understand the flow of the game. That's hard to pass on.

the kid just needs to learn he is a freight train...no one can stop him from getting to his spot so attack attack attack and don't settle for early shot clock step backs because he can get that whenever he wants. Don't let the defense off the hook. Get down hill get into the paint and draw fouls he has the ability because he is physically stronger and more gifted then his defender.

ROSTER

Return to New York Knicks