ImageImageImageImage

Disney Bubble Talk: Schedule and Updates

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

MagicStarwipe
RealGM
And1: 12,041

Re: Disney Bubble Talk: Schedule and Updates 

Post#341 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:55 am

Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh no MPJ this ain’t it.

There's a lot of this conspiracy crap going around lately. A global pandemic is ripe for this kind of thinking. Social media is a cesspool of it. MPJ clearly isn't the brightest.
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
jayrehme
Sixth Man
And1: 508

Post#342 » by jayrehme » Wed Jul 29, 2020 12:12 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh no MPJ this ain’t it.

There's a lot of this conspiracy crap going around lately. A global pandemic is ripe for this kind of thinking. Social media is a cesspool of it. MPJ clearly isn't the brightest.

Don't worry, he'll get a stern warning from the league for going against the agenda. And its more like the majority of the population already KNOW it's nonsense, it's just the social media who's trying to suppress anything against it.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#343 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:23 pm

jayrehme wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
Knightro wrote:
Read on Twitter

Oh no MPJ this ain’t it.

Don't worry, he'll get a stern warning from the league for going against the agenda. And its more like the majority of the population already KNOW it's nonsense, it's just the social media who's trying to suppress anything against it.

Cool man. New World Order, Illuminati, Pizzagate, Bill Gates is Satan. *thumbs up*
RealGM Classics - Oladipo's "rude" celebration comes back to bite him: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1358414
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#344 » by jayrehme » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:38 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
jayrehme wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:

Cool man. New World Order, Illuminati, Pizzagate, Bill Gates is Satan. *thumbs up*

No-one said anything about that, yet you stereotype and try to make anyone who thinks differently than you sound crazy. You're a major part of the problem.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#345 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:57 pm

jayrehme wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:
jayrehme wrote:

No-one said anything about that, yet you stereotype and try to make anyone who thinks differently than you sound crazy. You're a major part of the problem.

Apologies if you don't think that way, but MPJ clearly thinks that way based on his comments.
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#346 » by jayrehme » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:26 pm

MagicStarwipe wrote:
jayrehme wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:

Apologies if you don't think that way, but MPJ clearly thinks that way based on his comments.

What comments? Weak arguments attempt to attack the messenger. His quoted comment is very logical and most likely true.
thelead
RealGM
And1: 25,499

Post#347 » by thelead » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:59 pm

edited
rcklsscognition
RealGM
And1: 7,128

Post#348 » by rcklsscognition » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:19 pm

We're #1 at something at least: https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29543425/nba-continuity-rankings-which-teams-hold-edge-bubble

NBA Continuity Rankings Bubble Edition

1. Orlando Magic: 90.8% continuity rating
Longest-tenured player: Nikola Vucevic (8th season with team)
Head coach: Steve Clifford (2nd season with team; 7th overall)

Projected starters: Markelle Fultz, Evan Fournier, James Ennis III, Aaron Gordon, Vucevic

Projected rotation: Terrence Ross, Gary Clark, D.J. Augustin

Depth: Khem Birch, Michael Carter-Williams, Jonathan Isaac, Wes Iwundu, Mo Bamba, Melvin Frazier Jr., Vic Law, BJ Johnson

Notables expected to miss restart: Al-Farouq Aminu

This ranking is good news for the "host" team inside the bubble. This Magic group knows one another well, and they understand the kind of style coach Steve Clifford wants to play. They figure to get a huge lift from young big man Jonathan Isaac, who returned to action Monday after being out since Jan. 1 because of a left knee injury. It's going to be interesting to see how Clifford manages Isaac's minutes as he works his way back into playing shape. The same goes for Markelle Fultz, who missed over a week of bubble training camp while being excused to tend to a personal matter. Isaac and Fultz are two of the cornerstones for a Magic group that believes it can surprise some people in the bubble. They aren't going to have chemistry problems, but their bigger issue remains the same: Who will emerge down the stretch to carry them late in games? -- Nick Friedell
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#349 » by jayrehme » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:29 pm

thelead wrote:
jayrehme wrote:
MagicStarwipe wrote:

You tell that to my uncle who was in the hospital for 3 months and still not out of the woods. THIS IS NOT THE F***ING FLU. STOP IT.

cool story bro, people go to the hospital with the flu as well
thelead
RealGM

Post#350 » by thelead » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:42 pm

edited
darthcheech2000
Sixth Man
And1: 399

Post#351 » by darthcheech2000 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:45 pm

jayrehme wrote:
thelead wrote:
jayrehme wrote:

You tell that to my uncle who was in the hospital for 3 months and still not out of the woods. THIS IS NOT THE F***ING FLU. STOP IT.

Ban me.

Block me.

I don't care.

You can go **** yourself.
let paid professionals do their job, don't you try and do it for them...
thelead
RealGM

Post#352 » by thelead » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:49 pm

edited
jayrehme
Sixth Man

Post#353 » by jayrehme » Wed Jul 29, 2020 3:59 pm

thelead wrote:
darthcheech2000 wrote:
jayrehme wrote:

Ban me.

Block me.

I don't care.

You can go **** yourself.

We can not allow ignorant statements to go unchecked. It is unbelievable that you'll probably be slapped on the wrist but blatant crassness and ignorant tin-foil conspiracy theories are allowed.

It is very rude and insensitive of you to downplay the affects of the flu. Many people die and are hospitalized every year because of it. Albeit strangers to you, so you don't really care... kinda like your "uncle" to me.
thelead
RealGM

Post#354 » by thelead » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:06 pm

edited
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,153

Post#355 » by swarlesbarkley » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:37 pm

It's troubling how many people only talk about the death count. As if the death count isn't alarming enough, not many people talk about the lingering and potentially lifetime negative effects of the "recovered". Heart problems, lung problems, blood clotting, losing usage of legs, etc. It's not as black and white as dead vs recovered even though that should be enough to spark alarm in people.

As a relatively healthy 35 year old - I'm not afraid I'll die from COVID-19, I'm afraid I'll recover but lose the lung capacity to run 5 miles again like I do daily. That would crush my mental health possibly forever.
MagicStarwipe
RealGM

Post#356 » by MagicStarwipe » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:41 pm

Not to mention we still don't know if you can catch it twice and what happens if you do.
Def Swami
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 15,116

Post#357 » by Def Swami » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Adam Silver and the NBA can manage a pandemic better than our political leaders. It would be expensive to pull off what the NBA is doing full scale and requires the will of the people, but this is how other countries managed a pandemic to essentially lower the viral count in their local communities and resume a more normal way of life more safely.
Read on Twitter
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#358 » by swarlesbarkley » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:45 pm

Back to bball -

I thought we had one more scrimmage and I was pumped to watch JI and Fultz again before the season starts up again.

I wonder how much their minutes will be restricted since they both played limited minutes in their only scrimmage. I really hope we don't rely on DJ and Ennis in the startling line-up long - that's a recipe to playing the Bucks in the first round, even with the Nets running a YMCA team.
thelead
RealGM

Post#359 » by thelead » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:49 pm

edited
swarlesbarkley
Assistant Coach

Post#360 » by swarlesbarkley » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:53 pm

thelead wrote:I don't have time to write a dissertation on the topic but yes I agree. It's very troubling how many people have long term symptoms and the fact that antibody tests are showing that immunity may not last more than a few months after getting over it.

It seems like there's some positive evidence that even if our typical B cell immunity may not work long-term against COVID that our T cell immunity can work long-term.

Otherwise, worst case scenario is we get a COVID vaccine every 3-4 months.

Return to Orlando Magic