Image ImageImage Image

NBA Trade Thread

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Re: NBA Trade Thread 

Post#1681 » by Andi Obst » Mon Jul 27, 2020 10:20 am

Grodoboldo wrote:Also, I love Nesmith, but I don't think he'll be around at 14.

I would be pretty surprised to see him being picked in the lottery. Seems like that he would be available at 14.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#1682 » by sco » Mon Jul 27, 2020 11:44 am

Chicago-Bull-E wrote:Bulls trade OPJ, Lauri, 7
Blazers trade McCollum, 14

Bulls draft Nesmith, wing

McCollum, White
Lavine, White
Sato, Nesmith
Young, WCJ
WCJ, Gafford

Not a terrible trade, but leaves us with too much swiss cheese in the line-up. I'd rather try to get Zach Collins back than #14.
:clap:
MrSparkle
RealGM
And1: 10,008

Post#1683 » by MrSparkle » Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:29 pm

Little Nathan wrote:At this point, we should probably consider opening a "wonderboy's daily Sato rant"-thread, so he can come up with new reasons to hate Sato there and the other threads can go back to normal.

:lol: Indeed. I don't care for Sato as much as the next guy, but he takes it to a meme level.
Rose2Boozer
Starter
And1: 643

Post#1684 » by Rose2Boozer » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:30 pm

A simple get Thad the hell outta here trade.

The Bulls send Thad Young to the Wolves for James Johnson.
ROLES & HOLES
Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,952

Post#1685 » by Chi town » Mon Jul 27, 2020 5:57 pm

Who will be taking on new salary next season with everyone losing big money???

Thad and Sato will play out there contracts next season and then their options wont be picked up.

With Salary Cap going way down it seems AK's primary way to make us better will be a trade instead of FA... or hitting big on our pick in a bad draft.
youngthegiant
Head Coach
And1: 5,602

Post#1686 » by youngthegiant » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:16 pm

Do you guys think OPJ is capable of playing the 2 full time? Specifically with Denver, the lineup would be Murray/OPJ/MPJ/Grant/Jokic.
sco
RealGM

Post#1687 » by sco » Tue Jul 28, 2020 5:55 pm

youngthegiant wrote:Do you guys think OPJ is capable of playing the 2 full time? Specifically with Denver, the lineup would be Murray/OPJ/MPJ/Grant/Jokic.

As I'd love to trade him, I'd love to say yes, but no. OPJ is a 3, who can play some 4. Also, it would be too confusing to have 2 Porter Jr's on the floor, but given their respective injury histories, maybe you need 2 to always have 1 on the floor.
leo921
Senior
And1: 215

Post#1688 » by leo921 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:06 pm

dream scenario so not likely

Bulls get the 1st pick take Lamelo Ball. Hawks have the 3rd pick and looking for more help for Trae Young.
Bulls trade Lavine/Young for 3rd pick (Deni Avdija) and Huerter

Hawks now have a lineup of Young/Lavine/Hunter/Collins/Capela and now need to build there bench lead by Reddish/Young and start heading towards the playoffs.

Bulls restart the rebuild with better fitting talent as Ball will make everyone including White, Lauri and Carter better. Start Ball/White/Porter/Lauri/Carter with a bench lead by Sato/Huerter/Avdija/Gafford. Bulls either make the playoffs or get close to it while being a young up and coming team in time for the free agency of 2021
Dez
Head Coach
And1: 7,572

Post#1689 » by Dez » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:50 am

leo921 wrote:dream scenario so not likely

Bulls get the 1st pick take Lamelo Ball. Hawks have the 3rd pick and looking for more help for Trae Young.

Hawks now have a lineup of Young/Lavine/Hunter/Collins/Capela and now need to build there bench lead by Reddish/Young and start heading towards the playoffs.

Bulls restart the rebuild with better fitting talent as Ball will make everyone including White, Lauri and Carter better. Start Ball/White/Porter/Lauri/Carter with a bench lead by Sato/Huerter/Avdija/Gafford. Bulls either make the playoffs or get close to it while being a young up and coming team in time for the free agency of 2021

Give me Wiseman or Edwards over Ball.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,868

Post#1690 » by jayu70 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:03 pm

Definitely unlikely from the Hawks.
wonderboy2
Analyst
And1: 1,949

Post#1691 » by wonderboy2 » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:14 pm

Hawks would be unbelievable with LaVine and Young. Probably be the toughest backcourt in the east to guard. Bulls would suck so bad after that trade. Only person in that lineup that can get buckets is coby. Porter is good if healthy. But bulls would probably be the worst team in the east with that trade.
Bulldog23
Bench Warmer
And1: 126

Post#1692 » by Bulldog23 » Sat Aug 1, 2020 1:51 pm

I like Atlanta as a trade partner but if the Bulls trade Lavine To Atlanta then I would want Heurter, Hunter, Deadmon and pick. I would throw in either Thad or Sato.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1693 » by Chi town » Sat Aug 1, 2020 5:49 pm

Who else would trade Lauri for MPJ?

- They both have an injury history
- Both have shown flashes
- MPJ is cheaper and one more year on rookie deal
- AK from DEN has history to get deal done

I just like MPJ better as he can play both 3 and 4. He can get his own shot off the dribble. Lauri has shown he can’t. MPJ shows he has potential as a playmaker too.

I’d want more than MPJ in the trade. Lauri and Hutch for MPJ and Morris would be a solid trade. I think MPJ has 2nd option potential I think Lauri will always need to be setup and therefore a 3rd option.
StunnerKO
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,143

Post#1694 » by StunnerKO » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Chi town
RealGM

Post#1695 » by Chi town » Sat Aug 1, 2020 6:53 pm

Spoiler:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

If Wendell is serious about playing the 4 I ship his a$$ out immediately. I think he has higher trade value anyway.

I’m ok w signing a backup vet like RoLo and letting Gafford start.

I’m ok keeping WCJ if he’s committed to playing the 5. If ship out Lauri the. For a better playmaking 4 like MPJ.

I don’t believe WCJ and Lauri are a good fit in this NBA. Too big, slow, and take up to much space. Neither can do anything off the dribble and create for themselves or others.
sco
RealGM

Post#1696 » by sco » Sun Aug 2, 2020 1:14 pm

Chi town wrote:
Spoiler:
StunnerKO wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

If Wendell is serious about playing the 4 I ship his a$$ out immediately. I think he has higher trade value anyway.

I’m ok w signing a backup vet like RoLo and letting Gafford start.

I’m ok keeping WCJ if he’s committed to playing the 5. If ship out Lauri the. For a better playmaking 4 like MPJ.

I don’t believe WCJ and Lauri are a good fit in this NBA. Too big, slow, and take up to much space. Neither can do anything off the dribble and create for themselves or others.

I think that they both have the "potential" to be good NBA players. In Lauri's case he has been developed wrong (not sure if it's his Fin people and or the Bulls). If he can get his game more about quickness and not strength/bulk, he has a shot.

WCJ needs to stay healthy. I think he is very skilled, but he needs time to put his game together, but he hasn't had time to do that by staying healthy.

That said, I'd trade them for a more certain talent, but I doubt that is being put on the table.
kodo
RealGM
And1: 13,188

Post#1697 » by kodo » Sun Aug 2, 2020 4:49 pm

https://chicago.suntimes.com/sports-saturday/2020/8/1/21350682/guard-zach-lavine-isnt-only-bull-looked-at-by-other-teams

The actual Sun Times article being referenced.

Joe says while other teams want Lavine/Lauri/Wendell, AK is not close to trading since he hasn't even seen a workout yet.

Joe also goes into detail that Boylen's handling of these players and the offense wasn't liked by the FO, but the defense was a positive.

The midrange shot was frowned upon even though LaVine and Markkanen consider it a key part of their games. The Bulls lived and mostly died from three-point range.

Before the restart began in Orlando on Thursday, the Bulls finished the regular season ninth in three-point attempts with 35.1 per game but 24th in three-point percentage at 34.8.

It was a square peg trying to be jammed into a round hole, and Boylen was accepting whatever the analytics department was feeding him.

That offensive philosophy already is being picked apart by the new regime, according to a source, so expect Boylen to have to teach a new look again if he is retained.

But many of the defensive schemes Boylen implemented — minus the constant blitzes on pick-and-roll — have been applauded by the front office, so there’s that.
MrFortune3
General Manager
And1: 3,260

Post#1698 » by MrFortune3 » Sun Aug 2, 2020 5:04 pm

I don't see AK trading any of those 3 at the moment.
No reason to trade LaVine, he's the closest thing you have to a franchise star. Lauri and WCJ have injury concerns and you don't trade damaged goods unless you're completely done with them.

This next season is going to be all about player development and getting the most out of who is here and who is brought in via the draft.
hardboiledben
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#1699 » by hardboiledben » Tue Aug 4, 2020 12:28 pm

Chi town wrote:Who else would trade Lauri for MPJ?

- They both have an injury history
- Both have shown flashes
- MPJ is cheaper and one more year on rookie deal
- AK from DEN has history to get deal done

I just like MPJ better as he can play both 3 and 4. He can get his own shot off the dribble. Lauri has shown he can’t. MPJ shows he has potential as a playmaker too.

I’d want more than MPJ in the trade. Lauri and Hutch for MPJ and Morris would be a solid trade. I think MPJ has 2nd option potential I think Lauri will always need to be setup and therefore a 3rd option.

Every single person here would do this trade. Not a single person in Denver would though.
Grodoboldo
Analyst
And1: 2,819

Post#1700 » by Grodoboldo » Tue Aug 4, 2020 6:21 pm

Constantly underwhelmed by the Bulls.

Return to Chicago Bulls