Cleveland - Minnesota - Philadelphia - Charlotte

Moderators: Andre Roberstan, HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Texas Chuck, MoneyTalks41890, Mamba4Goat, pacers33granger, Trader_Joe, loserX

Godaddycurse
RealGM
And1: 10,288

Cleveland - Minnesota - Philadelphia - Charlotte 

Post#1 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:31 pm

Minnesota trades: S&T Beasley (few mil more than MLE), Johnson, Brooklyn 1st (pick charlotte's choice of prospect)
Minnesota receives: Tobias Harris

Philadelphia trades: Harris, Horford, next 2 future 2nds
Philadelphia receives: Love, Rozier

Cleveland trades: Love
Cleveland receives: Johnson, Zeller, future philly 2nds

Charlotte trades: Rozier, Zeller
Charlotte receives: Horford, S&T Beasley, Brooklyn 1st

Why for Minny: get a perfect 4 for rosas' system
Why for Philly: save money and balance roster. ~11 mil saved can go towards keeping Jrich in future. i personally like embiid/love/jrich/simmons more than embiid/horford/harris/simmons moving forward.
Why for Cleveland: dump love for expirings and get an future 2nds
Why for Charlotte: Get a young SG to better pair w/ graham, eat horford for a mid 1st

Embiid
Love/Scott
Richardson/Korkmaz
Thybulle/Milton
Simmons/Rozier

KAT/Reid
Harris/Gomez
Okogie/Layman
Culver
Russell/McLaughlin
+BPA minn 2020 1st (edwards would be ideal)

Horford
Washington
Bridges
Beasley
Graham

I know the S&T and draft pick thing can be risky, but i dont think beasley will have much if any suitors elsewhere for more than MLE .
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,925

Re: Cleveland - Minnesota - Philadelphia - Charlotte 

Post#2 » by Domejandro » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:04 pm

I like Tobias Harris, but Minnesota 100% cannot afford to take on the remainder of his 150/4 deal at all, much less when giving up slightly positive assets is added to the equation.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#3 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:29 pm

Domejandro wrote:I like Tobias Harris, but Minnesota 100% cannot afford to take on the remainder of his 150/4 deal at all, much less when giving up slightly positive assets is added to the equation.

I think it can be done because minny only has rookie scale contracts outside of these big 3s for next 2 years on their roster so they wont be in the tax like philly.
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,461

Post#4 » by youngcrev » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:40 pm

Hate it for the Sixers. They get considerably worse talent-wise and are still taking on contracts that are just as "bad"
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers
And1: 14,114

Post#5 » by BullyKing » Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:59 pm

I think where I'm lost is this treats Love as more valuable (or less negative if you prefer) than Horford and I just don't see that at all.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#6 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:09 pm

BullyKing wrote:I think where I'm lost is this treats Love as more valuable (or less negative if you prefer) than Horford and I just don't see that at all.

I was more comparing love with harris as a third option to Embiid/simmons based on a previous thread. i remember that ppl disliked it because horford was still on the team, and so i added a horford for rozier swap with minny giving the incentive to charlotte instead.

So i had:

Love plus 1st = harris
Rozier = horford plus 1st
Net is
Love plus rozier = harris plus horford
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#7 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:13 pm

youngcrev wrote:Hate it for the Sixers. They get considerably worse talent-wise and are still taking on contracts that are just as "bad"

I think they are slightly worse in 2020 (worse talent but better fit) but significantly better in talent and fit in 2021 and beyond.

2020 harris/horford/jrich vs love/jrich/rozier + tax savings
2021 harris/horford vs love/jrich/rozier
2022 harris/horford (or just harris alone if u eat 14 mil to cut horford) vs love/jrich
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,461

Post#8 » by youngcrev » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:42 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
BullyKing wrote:I think where I'm lost is this treats Love as more valuable (or less negative if you prefer) than Horford and I just don't see that at all.

I was more comparing love with harris as a third option to Embiid/simmons based on a previous thread. i remember that ppl disliked it because horford was still on the team, and so i added a horford for rozier swap with minny giving the incentive to charlotte instead.

So i had:

Love plus 1st = harris
Net is

No clue why the Sixers would prefer Love to Harris. Worse fit on pretty much every level (fit, skill set, position, age)
HornetJail
RealGM
And1: 12,535

Post#9 » by HornetJail » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:47 pm

works for me.
formerly KEMBAtheMETEOR
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#10 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:58 pm

youngcrev wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

So i had:

Love plus 1st = harris
Net is

No clue why the Sixers would prefer Love to Harris. Worse fit on pretty much every level (fit, skill set, position, age)

They free up $ to retain Richardson and get to swap rozier for horford. Fit wise both would be PFs, skill set love is a better shooter and playoff performer
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#11 » by BullyKing » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:02 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
youngcrev wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

So i had:

Love plus 1st = harris
Net is

They free up $ to retain Richardson. Fit wise both would be PFs, skill set love is a better shooter and playoff performer

The salary savings between Harris and Love are minimal and he is a much worse player at this point. If the idea that Love is an upgrade to Harris that's a hard pass for me.
NYSixersFan wrote:
the plan is to get as good as quickly as possible....I fully believe we could have been a borderline playoff team last year by adding young veterans....using or draft picks and cap space.....can I specifically tell you who? no.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#12 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:04 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
youngcrev wrote:

They free up $ to retain Richardson. Fit wise both would be PFs, skill set love is a better shooter and playoff performer

The salary savings between Harris and Love are minimal and he is a much worse player at this point. If the idea that Love is an upgrade to Harris that's a hard pass for me.

I dont think love is an upgrade over Harris on his own but love/rozier(for a yr)/j rich is a better supporting cast than horford/harris moving forward. I have harris worth a 1st more than love as mentioned above. 30 mil over the life of the contract is also not insignificant.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#13 » by BullyKing » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:14 pm

Godaddycurse wrote:
BullyKing wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

I dont think love is an upgrade but love/rozier(for a yr)/j rich is a better supporting cast than horford/harris moving forward. I have harris worth a 1st more than love as mentioned above. 30 mil over the life of the contract is also not insignificant.

Yeah I just don't see that at all and I don't understand why the Sixers wouldn't just prefer to trade Richardson for long term assets if they really can't afford him. But the problem is you have Love being dumped for just expiring contracts and if that's the case then the Sixers should be easily able to trade Horford for expirings and just use those savings to resign Richardson. I don't think either is really possible but that's the problem with this trade.
NYSixersFan wrote:
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#14 » by Stillwater » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:18 pm

CLE has already publically stated they won't dump KLove
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#15 » by Godaddycurse » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:27 pm

BullyKing wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:
BullyKing wrote:

I dont think love is an upgrade but love/rozier(for a yr)/j rich is a better supporting cast than horford/harris moving forward. I have harris worth a 1st more than love as mentioned above. 30 mil over the life of the contract is also not insignificant.

Yeah I just don't see that at all and I don't understand why the Sixers wouldn't just prefer to trade Richardson for long term assets if they really can't afford him. But the problem is you have Love being dumped for just expiring contracts and if that's the case then the Sixers should be easily able to trade Horford for expirings and just use those savings to resign Richardson. I don't think either is really possible but that's the problem with this trade.

Hmm interesting point raised on horford vs love. I do think love is less negative than horford because he is 3 years younger. Maybe my valuation is off :-? I can try and see if there is another option besides love that is better fitting for a harris to wolves v2 :)
Domejandro
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 26,925

Post#16 » by Domejandro » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:32 am

Godaddycurse wrote:
Domejandro wrote:I like Tobias Harris, but Minnesota 100% cannot afford to take on the remainder of his 150/4 deal at all, much less when giving up slightly positive assets is added to the equation.

I think it can be done because minny only has rookie scale contracts outside of these big 3s for next 2 years on their roster so they wont be in the tax like philly.

$33,517,241 $36,000,000 $38,482,759 $40,965,517
$28,649,250 $30,013,500 $31,377,750
$29,430,000 $31,610,000 $33,790,000 $35,970,000

That is unsustainable, especially for a roster of Karl-Anthony Towns, Tobias Harris, and D'Angelo Russell.
Godaddycurse
RealGM

Post#17 » by Godaddycurse » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:45 am

Domejandro wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

That is unsustainable, especially for a roster of Karl-Anthony Towns, Tobias Harris, and D'Angelo Russell.

KAT 29.4M
Russell 28.6
Harris 33.5
Culver 6.1
Layman 3.7
Okogie 2.6
Evans 2
Spellman 2
Nowell 1.5
Reid 1.5
McLaughlin 1.5
1st rd pk 5.5-7.6

that's about 120M leaving the wolves with MLE to use as well or just resign Gomez. I think in a scenario where Wolves keep their pick, harris is one of the better option to fill a hole/improve the team without paying the tax. Now if they include their 2020 1st then they can likely get other/more cost efficient options. I don't think they will have any cap flexibility after this year anyway so might as well spend to the tax threshold.
BullyKing
Forum Mod - 76ers
Forum Mod - 76ers

Post#18 » by BullyKing » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:48 am

Domejandro wrote:
Godaddycurse wrote:

There's also the possibility that whoever ends up buying the team has real money and won't be scared of the tax, which I'm hoping for. League has enough owners who are unwilling or unable to do what it takes to play with the big boys.
NYSixersFan wrote:
tidho
General Manager
And1: 3,064

Post#19 » by tidho » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:33 pm

there's no logical reason for CLE to salary dump Kevin Love.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 14,515

Post#20 » by shrink » Fri Jul 31, 2020 1:56 pm

tidho wrote:there's no logical reason for CLE to salary dump Kevin Love.

I’m not sure why you would use the word, “logical.”

Isn’t one reason to not write checks to a guy that isn’t worth his contract?
cupcakesnake wrote:I know a lot of people haven't seen him play, but no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it.

Return to Trades and Transactions