Re: Alvin Gentry On Zion Williamson Minutes Restriction: 'We Used The Minutes That Were Given To Us'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Alvin Gentry On Zion Williamson Minutes Restriction: 'We Used The Minutes That Were Given To Us' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:18 am

Alvin Gentry said that Zion Williamson's minutes restriction kept him off the court during the final minutes of the New Orleans Pelicans' 106-104 loss to the Utah Jazz.

Williamson, who was limited to 15 minutes, left the game for good with 7:19 remaining in the fourth quarter and the Pelicans up four points.

"Of course we wish we could've played him down the stretch, but we used the minutes that were given to us and that's the way it is ... the medical people said we played them in the minutes that were allowed for us to play him, and just move on ... I thought he had some good moments, and obviously we're a much better and different team when he's out on the floor," said Gentry after the game.

Williamson, who finished with 13 points, admitted that he still had to regain his rhythm after leaving quarantine on Tuesday.

"Honestly, I don't know how long it'll take. I guess maybe a couple games," said Williamson after the game. 

Via Andrew Lopez/ESPN

Metallikid
RealGM
And1: 9,962

Re: Alvin Gentry On Zion Williamson Minutes Restriction: 'We Used The Minutes That Were Given To Us' 

Post#2 » by Metallikid » Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:06 pm

If the medical team is saying he literally cannot play more than 15 minutes a game you may as well end this kid's career right now. Clearly he doesn't care enough about the game to take his diet and training regimen seriously. Shut the hype factory down for good.
Batsy
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#3 » by Batsy » Sat Aug 1, 2020 3:02 am

I absolutely hate the way they are using Zion, it's like they are way too over protective of him and they are already hindering his growth as a player. They should've gone the Blake Griffin/Ben Simmons route "Oh he needs season ending surgery before he takes his first NBA dribble". Then allow him to get in shape and work on him game without cameras and reporters constantly in his face asking him questions about what the hell is going on with all of the restrictions the Pelicans are putting on him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion